[Feedback Thread] RO1 Booster Event - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Feedback Thread] RO1 Booster Event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

#1 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 June 2021 - 09:09 AM

lEfOcPi.png

If you've participated in our Booster Promotion Event, we'd love to know your thoughts!

You can read more about it on our Booster website here: https://www.warpport...sterevent/2021/

Create a Booster character through the webpage to participate in the event, and let us know your thoughts below! 

What did you like/dislike about it? Is there anything you'd change to make things better?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts  :no1:

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 June 2021 - 09:51 AM

This entire thing should be a permanent addition to the game with every new character created, not an event.

You can tone it down on the "cash shop" supplies offered, but the assortment of novice consumables every 15 levels go a tremendous way in alleviating the newcomer struggle to set some footing in the game, as the base game is extremely lacking in that aspect.

The event doesnt power level you at all for a "booster" event, this is very much just what the beginner player experience should be, and as it is on many other MMOs. You get starter kits with goodies to help ease you into the game(while on RO you are booted into the world with absolutely 0 and no idea of what to do).

For the "event" part of it in possible reruns, simple quests that vary between hunting, item collecting and exploration that award some additional exp, similar to past Janeway quests, but much less extreme in rewards will make for a more proper "boost" event, and the opportunity can be used to make the player explore and interact with different areas of the world, and teach gameplay basics.

The only thing it needs added to it are Kafra Teleportation tickets/Yellow B.wings in the 1st box, as you wont have any zeny to move around towns if you are not an estabilished player.

Edited by Ashuckel, 11 June 2021 - 09:53 AM.

#3 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 11 June 2021 - 10:08 AM

1. The Booster coins are not farmeable. I Suggest to add the "Booster assistant" and the quests.

2. The box is fine, need Butterfly yellow wings or Kafra teleport ticket in the Lvl 1 Box since you start with 0 zeny.

3. Adding the Steam Ring was a good idea.

4. I know the kRO version of these costumes (Red novice backpack and headgear) are enchantable. Maybe you should make it Account bound instead of Character bound.

5. The effect of the costume headgear becomes irrelevant once you are more level, is good in the early game. 

Edited by nazhioozh, 11 June 2021 - 10:13 AM.

#4 Daryunrsmith

Daryunrsmith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 10:53 AM

Please make the booster gear “Account Bound” instead.

I don’t see the reason why all the gear are limited to only one character.

I understand that for the veterans, the goodies in this event are somewhat mediocre compare to the existing gears, but for some it is a life saver.

We grind so hard to get them, at least please let our other character to get benefits from this event.

Please make the booster gear “Account Bound” instead.

Really hope my voice reaches.

#5 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:11 AM

Booster event that has gear effects wearing off after the event. I guess this is another jumping janeway 2.0. But thanks for free char slots lol.

#6 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:24 AM

Booster event that has gear effects wearing off after the event. I guess this is another jumping janeway 2.0. But thanks for free char slots lol.

gear effect stays what loses effect are the consumables

which means if you dont open those before the event ends you wont be able to

Edited by vividort, 11 June 2021 - 11:34 AM.

#7 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:13 PM

1.New player look fine but struggle after class 2 when there are not many option than using Metal weapon+6 or finding Crimson from market. The ticket to change class was great. Also game should warp us to izulde instead. New player will confused why we need to go izulde to starting novice quest there nothing to tell than NPC quotes.

2. There are nothing that just a box and 2 NPC. That how empty this event was. No quest to "boost" player like daily quest or story quest. There are no guide for player what they need to do when reaching specific level. Only hitting mobs, open boxes and talking to NPC.

3. Old player get nothing. That is, we get new char and what? we put all leveling gear and toss all booster gear to kafra because we didn't even need to using it. Same experience of leveling new char just free juice and bwings.

Edited by aTID2, 11 June 2021 - 12:16 PM.

#8 chiefkikahoe

chiefkikahoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:20 PM

Are we going to get a official link for event details and booster box contents or we just going to keep using other server information as guides?

#9 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:10 PM

Another feedback:

- give for free Quest Skills for First job (Aco, Merchants, etc need at the start)

#10 holyelf

holyelf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 June 2021 - 10:51 PM

For me 1 concern,

Why you didn't put any register link on your main website ? 

I think this is quite important , Some newbie or comeback player they didn't familiar with Forum

Even your facebook fanpage didn't mention about this 

Edited by holyelf, 11 June 2021 - 10:51 PM.

#11 rururhunie

rururhunie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Server:ROT sakray

Posted 11 June 2021 - 10:56 PM

At least give a zeny voucher on the first booster pack, also maybe a greed costume might help new players

#12 UzerIuckly22

UzerIuckly22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:45 PM

Recommend overlook dungeon, high orc village the places are lonely. The place gives ridiculous exp and no one is there.

#13 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 12 June 2021 - 06:59 AM

can i participate the event even though i have full of characters? sorry i just visit this forum since there is no news about soul reaper job...

#14 tlc9711LOgo

tlc9711LOgo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 June 2021 - 07:34 AM

At least give a booster char for expanded class and doram…even tho there is expanded char weapon and gear…this is like windows 10 ui inconsistency

Edited by tlc9711LOgo, 12 June 2021 - 07:42 AM.

#15 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 07:41 AM

Ok, more feedback:

1. Main maps for leveling is full of cheat players (Autoclickers, Intentional Kill steal- Auto teleport, Teleport-Rebels)

2. Autocasting/afk players are back in mass and affects negatively the monster spawn and the exp.

3. This Booster event is far similar to kRO version, where parties are the main way for lvl up fast. It's individualist and bored.

#16 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 12 June 2021 - 07:52 AM

Ok, more feedback:

1. Main maps for leveling is full of cheat players (Autoclickers, Intentional Kill steal- Auto teleport, Teleport-Rebels)

2. Autocasting/afk players are back in mass and affects negatively the monster spawn and the exp.

3. This Booster event is far similar to kRO version, where parties are the main way for lvl up fast. It's individualist and bored.

got the same kRO version in idRO, its more individualist, even the booster assistant make it easier and feel better to solo. No party play promoted whatsoever

#17 Willtcg

Willtcg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 09:20 AM

Hello there,

So here are some feedbacks:

1. Booster Assistant should be implemented, allowing the farm of coins to purchase Booster Weapons and Shadows that should be account bound, not character bound. The original Booster Event in kRO seemed to be an event to equip every character with basic equipments so they can level up. They are not better than lootbox items, so there should be no reason not to implement it. It is increasingly more difficult to level up after level 100, so having a basic shadow set and basic set that increases dmg of your skills is necessary to keep ppl motivated to play. It should also be friendly to dedicated players, who could buy consumables or Illusion Gear/Enchantments, like the original Booster event. Right now, its not a good event on any perspective;
  2. High Adventurer's set boost isnt working, using them together gives no bonuses at all;
  3. Metal Weapon 7 ticket puts weapon to +6, not +7, when it should make the weapon +7...
  4. Friday dungeon should have 100% chance to summon Boss, there is no reason to do a weekly instance that has only 20% chance to summon the Boss and spend items you could use elsewhere;
  5. Weekend dungeon is terrible. There are few monsters, so even having great exp its not a good place to lvl up, and the rewards are chests that spawn in random places and you have a small time to find them or they vanish. Also, the chests only drop low Base Exp Potion even killing 160 lvl monsters, which gives a poor amount of exp. So the reward is not good at all. Besides they cannot be stored, sold in stores or Rodexed, and you spend 200k to make a bundle of 5 to supposedly trade this unuseful items... The original event had medium, high and superhigh exp potions, we should at least have that. The monsters inside drop only Zombie, Skeleton or Familiar Cards and no useful drop. It has no Boss, nothing interesting at all.
  6. We dont get shadow box from Booster Pack as we should. They are just basic items and extremely necessary, please implement shadow booster box as reward of Booster Pack;
  7. We should get Episode 16 clear ticket. It's painful to make new players, or even veterans, do all banquet and terra gloria long long quests full of texts few read;
  8. Please make the weapons and sets account bound & storable and implement Booster Assistant so new players and those coming back can make gear for more than 1 character in their accounts. The way it is you will only make ppl create 1 new character in each account to get the sets and costumes using their overpower geared classes and as soon as event is over population will go down again - I've seen loads of parties with ppl using Mistress Wing to one shot mobs for multiple characters, in which only one player moves, so probably lvling his/her own Booster accs - You should stimulate new players not only to start playing, but to keep playing after lvl 100;
  9. Also, please implement Booster Reset and Illusion Gear NPCs to make it a good event for all players, as the original Booster Event;
  10. Notice that good places to lvl up are crowded again, which means huge mobs being thrown at sigle players faces. Group play strategies must be applied to avoid that only 1-shot players with Mistress Wing are the ones having fun.

Basically, the whole problem was that the original Booster Event was completely changed when it was good for being the way it was in kRO. There is no point in getting a good event and completely change it, making it worse, and expect ppl will enjoy it when they clearly wont...

Anyway, all good aspects I see are extra character slots and basic sets for 1 character per account. I just hope that not only veterans create 1 char on each of their acc, lvl them up solo with Mistress Wing and 1 shot geared characters, and after the event we go back to low number of players.

The way it is it would be better to implement Janeway, would attract more new players.

Edited by Willtcg, 12 June 2021 - 10:43 AM.

#18 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 12 June 2021 - 09:38 AM

tldr: Player want 2020 or 2021 version instead of 2019 and should be storage-able. Also Friday and Weekend instance was bad that why no Monday and Tuesday etc.

Edit: also website was bad where link to booster page? http://renewal.playr...ews/events.aspx

Edited by aTID2, 12 June 2021 - 09:39 AM.

#19 Daverost

Daverost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 09:55 AM

I'm honestly not like... the typical player that probably posts to these forums, so I don't know how much of my feedback is really going to mesh with how a lot of people feel. But some of it does overlap with a few things already noted here.

• The boxes should probably just be permanent instead of losing their effects after the event. All of the equipment seems to be character locked anyway. Even most of the consumables are. There doesn't really seem to be any reason that players can't just take their time leveling and opening the boxes.
  • To that effect, any character locked gear should probably just be account locked instead.
  • Also to that effect, asking for someone to push an entirely fresh character all the way to 3rd job and maximum level cap in only six weeks is not easy for everyone. I know a lot of people here have it down to a science. They're loaded up on zeny and can buy all the supplemental gear and EXP boosting items they want from other players or just load up from the Kafra shop. They can boost their damage to significant levels for defeating enemies and get a lot of experience at once. But for those of us not in that position, you're asking for the impossible. There's just no way I'm going to get this character to 175 in that amount of time. I'll push as far as I can, hopefully at least to 130 for all of the gear, but I wanted one of the costume pieces at 175 and you're essentially just dangling the carrot in front of me without doing much to let me get it. The added Steam Ring is a good idea, but the fact that it stops working after 100 makes it entirely useless for the bulk of the grind. My personal feeling is that the current server EXP bonus would be better used on characters I was intending to level (I had two of them planned, maybe a third if time allowed) instead of a character I never planned on having. This should be a lot simpler.
  • Early boxes need Kafra storage tickets or zeny tickets or something. And as mentioned, putting some yellow wings in earlier would be a good idea, too. You're expected to sort of blast through everything but aren't really given the resources to do that.
  • One of the reasons Kafra storage would be helpful is that all of these event potions have weight and while some can be stored (blue), a lot of them can't (hundreds of reds). Being able to offload a bunch of the stuff that gets dumped on you from the boxes, like excess potions and ammo, is necessary for new players with low weight limits. But realistically, all of these special items like the event potions should just be weightless since they're mostly character bound anyway. Either that or make them account bound so they can be stored.
  • Open the weapons to more jobs. Performers, for example, can't use the booster bow. It's only for ranger. Given the short amount of time we have to complete this, there's no way I'll be able to use a booster whip on my new dancer and kill single enemies all the way to 175, but I don't see why I should be "punished" with inferior weapons to what everyone else gets either by choosing to continue using a bow to level. I should have access to that booster bow if I want it. (Note that this is only a problem because the Severe Rainstorm damage bonuses are on the instrument and whip, and the change to allow these weapon types to use the skill was not implemented with this week's skill rebalance, making this feature of those items completely useless and putting these classes at a huge disadvantage, as ideally we'd be able to use these weapons as intended. This also needs to be separately addressed.)
  • Expanded jobs and doram are not implemented as options despite their gear being available.
  • As a previous poster mentioned, there should be some way to pick up quest skills. Maybe add them as a function of the job change tickets or add separate tickets for this function in later boxes (i.e. first job quest skills ticket in the level 45 box).
  • Some items are either broken or have incorrect descriptions. As an example mentioned by another user, the metal weapon upgrade ticket says +7 and only gives +6.

Edited by Daverost, 12 June 2021 - 10:33 AM.

#20 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 01:06 PM

lEfOcPi.png

If you've participated in our Booster Promotion Event, we'd love to know your thoughts!

You can read more about it on our Booster website here: https://www.warpport...sterevent/2021/

Create a Booster character through the webpage to participate in the event, and let us know your thoughts below! 

What did you like/dislike about it? Is there anything you'd change to make things better?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts  :no1:

For Newer/Poorer players some of the gear presented in here is an absolute godsend. Limiting this to one character per account makes the whole Shadow Set to a single character is also rather... Sad. That set is incredibly strong for free gear and kinda disincentives playing other characters until you make a decent amount of money, and we all know how big inflation is right now <_<

#21 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 01:10 PM

Recommend overlook dungeon, high orc village the places are lonely. The place gives ridiculous exp and no one is there.

It'll give you a new character page

#22 Purity7

Purity7

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 02:03 PM

I can't login right now, it says Failed to Connect to Server..

#23 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 02:22 PM

Only suggestion is to make booster gears account bound, not character bound. Some pretty dope gears that I don't need for the boosted char but would like to use on others.

#24 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 12 June 2021 - 02:24 PM

Would be nice if the characters start point was at the registration for criatura academy. Kinda forgot that and did booster stuff first. That way new novices can also remember to pick up the free agi/bless scrolls and yellow bwings/hair change coupon/old battle manuals from joining the academy>joining eden group.

And yeah character bound on the gears feels a lil overkill. Account bound should be just fine.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 12 June 2021 - 02:24 PM.

#25 100000197917382

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 11:42 PM

Please make rewards account bound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users