Good Faith Booster Event Changes - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Good Faith Booster Event Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Boldore

Boldore

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 09:37 PM

Im back to IRO chaos for the anniversary event. Ive noticed that all the items are character bound regardless of the item description. Im going to continue leveling and unlocking gears in good faith that the dev team will make the gears account bound (storable/retrievable in kafra). It makes sense everything should be account bound since you get 1 boosted character per account. Don’t let me down dev team!

#2 100000197917382

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 10:59 PM

Totally agree, I trust WP

#3 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:thor

Posted 14 June 2021 - 04:24 AM

yeah at least make account bound and it would be nice if those boxes are permanent instead , not all people will hit lv 175 , my ab hit 175 in one year in my case...

#4 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 14 June 2021 - 05:10 AM

I actually want the shadow items to remain character locked. Everything else you can go nuts with imo

#5 Daverost

Daverost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 11:59 AM

yeah at least make account bound and it would be nice if those boxes are permanent instead , not all people will hit lv 175 , my ab hit 175 in one year in my case...

Yeah, permanent boxes would be a great change, honestly. I know for a fact I won't hit 175, but I'm still left pushing to 130 just to get the equipment out of it before it disappears, and that's not a quick process for me.

#6 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 15 June 2021 - 05:33 PM

Is it worth it to over upgrade the booster gears?

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 June 2021 - 06:44 PM

a good handfull of them will be at least on par if not better than current best in slot options for some builds. Issue being it's character bound so you gotta commit to that character.

#8 Zangeon

Zangeon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 06:52 PM

Is there certain classes that are better to boost because of the gear available?

#9 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 08:22 PM

Probably magic classes, because of those transcendetal time shadow gears that apply its bypass effect on boss, unlike class shadow which doesnt

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 08:45 PM

Is there certain classes that are better to boost because of the gear available?

Ninja's dagger is currently the best avaiable weapon for magic(losing to a well rolled Kuroiro on undead monsters only, when using Celine set for max boss damage), and may as well be required to play with Cross Slash once you can nulify it's cooldown with it.

RG's spear is the highest MATK weapon the class can wear, which may be important with the possibly upcoming genesis ray update.

The axe is the best 1handed one for things other than the skills that Illusion War Axe boosts.

Both Instruments are generally the best weapons of that type, except for the jitterbug Arrow Vulcan sets.

2h sword is close to what Beam Claymore offers, so technically 3rd best currently?

Katar should have a perfomance close to a Crimson one, but being a lvl4 weapon makes refining it costlier and is char bound so meh.

Anything not mentioned is either not applicable currently, or are directly worse or just about the same to other existing options that don't have the character bound restriction.

The Shadow Set is fantastic for anything that needs the bypass on that slot/ can make use of it there to use other pieces of gear, as it seemingly applies to Boss monsters as well, while the 1st+2nd+3rd Class shadow set from kachua boxes doesn't.

Edited by Ashuckel, 15 June 2021 - 08:49 PM.

#11 Zangeon

Zangeon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 09:10 PM

Ninja's dagger is currently the best avaiable weapon for magic(losing to a well rolled Kuroiro on undead monsters only, when using Celine set for max boss damage), and may as well be required to play with Cross Slash once you can nulify it's cooldown with it.

RG's spear is the highest MATK weapon the class can wear, which may be important with the possibly upcoming genesis ray update.

The axe is the best 1handed one for things other than the skills that Illusion War Axe boosts.

Both Instruments are generally the best weapons of that type, except for the jitterbug Arrow Vulcan sets.

2h sword is close to what Beam Claymore offers, so technically 3rd best currently?

Katar should have a perfomance close to a Crimson one, but being a lvl4 weapon makes refining it costlier and is char bound so meh.

Anything not mentioned is either not applicable currently, or are directly worse or just about the same to other existing options that don't have the character bound restriction.

The Shadow Set is fantastic for anything that needs the bypass on that slot/ can make use of it there to use other pieces of gear, as it seemingly applies to Boss monsters as well, while the 1st+2nd+3rd Class shadow set from kachua boxes doesn't.

Thought the boosters couldn't go extended?

#12 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 09:16 PM

If I'm playing RG should I go for the attack or  range set? 

Also, what do you think of the Sura weapon? 

Thanks! 

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 09:41 PM

Thought the boosters couldn't go extended?

You just dont have the initial job change in the event npc. It's still a regular Novice which can do anything in the game, and the box only checks for character levels to open an give you stuff. The blacksmith npc only asks you for tickets, not class.

If I'm playing RG should I go for the attack or range set?

Also, what do you think of the Sura weapon?

Thanks!

Only one set is valid per set effect. Unless you want to break the set for individual pieces effects.

It's good for a fist weapon(specially a free one), likely tied at 2nd best with OS knuckle, but far behind Illusion Combo Battle Glove which is the current n°1.

ps: all these "analysis" are completely disregarding their set effects, as the sum of existing individual gear effects are more powerfull. Thats not to say you shouldnt use them at all, as they are still very effective, specially if you dont have these extremely powerful individual pieces yet.

#14 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 11:00 PM

You just dont have the initial job change in the event npc. It's still a regular Novice which can do anything in the game, and the box only checks for character levels to open an give you stuff. The blacksmith npc only asks you for tickets, not class.

Only one set is valid per set effect. Unless you want to break the set for individual pieces effects.

It's good for a fist weapon(specially a free one), likely tied at 2nd best with OS knuckle, but far behind Illusion Combo Battle Glove which is the current n°1.

ps: all these "analysis" are completely disregarding their set effects, as the sum of existing individual gear effects are more powerfull. Thats not to say you shouldnt use them at all, as they are still very effective, specially if you dont have these extremely powerful individual pieces yet.

I mean what would be the better booster set to get for RG? Although looking at it now the booster spear only has set bonus with the defiant booster set and ranged booster set. 

Also, I'm thinking of creating either a sura, warlock, or sorc but i'm not sure which one will benefit more from the booster items and i don't really have much zenny to gear them. Which one do you think would be the better choice? 

Thank you! 

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 11:46 PM

the booster items wont necessarily get rid of the struggles each of these classes already face. For the most part, play whichever you think looks/plays cooler(boring answer i know) as they will all have their own different struggles.

#16 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 15 June 2021 - 11:56 PM

make a warlock booster.

warlock jobchange quest is hell.
use the booster advantage to skip it 

#17 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:05 AM

it at least doesnt "cost" a token ziegfried like the Sura one.

Nor asks that you visit and interact with npcs in hostile maps that even 3rd jobs have trouble handling, that also has rng aspects to it, but with actual money cost.

#18 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 08:15 AM

I mean what would be the better booster set to get for RG? Although looking at it now the booster spear only has set bonus with the defiant booster set and ranged booster set. 

Also, I'm thinking of creating either a sura, warlock, or sorc but i'm not sure which one will benefit more from the booster items and i don't really have much zenny to gear them. Which one do you think would be the better choice? 

Thank you! 

The Booster set is nice, but as someone who's been playing the magic classes, you have to get all the way to 130 before the set even starts taking off for casters, before then it's a little slow going. That Shadow set will propel the Magic classes a lot farther forward though.

Meanwhile all the booster gear has a lot of HP and SP increase which is *chefs kiss* for Sura TC builds. So you'll have it a lot easier leveling Sura the entire time vs post 130.

Edited by Joatmon, 16 June 2021 - 08:15 AM.

#19 3412140103193930447

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 10:34 PM

Hello,now that you are on it, the illusion xomvo of the battle glove and thw muffler got fixed? The bug i mean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users