how do people refine gear nowadays? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

how do people refine gear nowadays?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 MeatyOar

MeatyOar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 05:28 PM

What is the proper process to refine rare gear nowadays? say if i got a piece of end game gear that i wanted to refine starting from 0, what is the typical process? 

#2 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 June 2021 - 05:34 PM

To get the best success, spin around three times, bow to your right once. Log in and out three times then find a Gene to give you Full Chemical Protection.

Begin by upgrading any gear to +4 for free using regular Oridecon for weapon or Elunium for armor. It won't break if you don't go past +4 with regular cheap ores. You can use regular ores to upgrade any Lv 3 weapons to +5. Lv 4 weapons and armors can only go up to +4 safely without breaking.

If Enriched Refine Event is active, you can use Enriched Oridecon or Enriched Elunium to go directly from +4 to +9. You can also take advantage of this event to +10 using Enriched Ores. Safe to 7 certs are not needed during this event. 

If there are no Enriched Refine Event then use safe certs to get anything from +4 to +7. Then Blacksmith blessings to +9 or +10 your gear.

From +10 to +11 is practically free with a regular bradium or carnium which can be bought from NPC. Do not use regular bradium and carnium to go from +11 to +12 or else it will break once you've gone past beyond +11. Use strictly HD carn or brad after you get your gear to +11.

If you need to get past +12, then there is no choice but to wait for Mad Bunny Event which grants better success rates. DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT UPGRADE ANYTHING PAST +12 WITHOUT MAD BUNNY EVENT.

If you find this guide helpful, consider helping out another player.

#3 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 21 June 2021 - 05:34 PM

It depends on your capital.

Refine tickets from kachua is the easiest way, because is instant.

The other path is refine event (enriched ori/elu). You buy the box, you refine until +9 or +10.

and the last is +7certs and +blacksmith blessing (And enriched elu/ori). The expensive one but safe. 

#4 MeatyOar

MeatyOar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 05:51 PM

To get the best success, spin around three times, bow to your right once. Log in and out three times then find a Gene to give you Full Chemical Protection.

Begin by upgrading any gear to +4 for free using regular Oridecon for weapon or Elunium for armor. It won't break if you don't go past +4 with regular cheap ores. You can use regular ores to upgrade any Lv 3 weapons to +5. Lv 4 weapons and armors can only go up to +4 safely without breaking.

If Enriched Refine Event is active, you can use Enriched Oridecon or Enriched Elunium to go directly from +4 to +9. You can also take advantage of this event to +10 using Enriched Ores. Safe to 7 certs are not needed during this event. 

If there are no Enriched Refine Event then use safe certs to get anything from +4 to +7. Then Blacksmith blessings to +9 or +10 your gear.

From +10 to +11 is practically free with a regular bradium or carnium which can be bought from NPC. Do not use regular bradium and carnium to go from +11 to +12 or else it will break once you've gone past beyond +11. Use strictly HD carn or brad after you get your gear to +11.

If you need to get past +12, then there is no choice but to wait for Mad Bunny Event which grants better success rates. DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT UPGRADE ANYTHING PAST +12 WITHOUT MAD BUNNY EVENT.

If you find this guide helpful, consider helping out another player.

very detailed, thank you so much

It depends on your capital.

Refine tickets from kachua is the easiest way, because is instant.

The other path is refine event (enriched ori/elu). You buy the box, you refine until +9 or +10.

and the last is +7certs and +blacksmith blessing (And enriched elu/ori). The expensive one but safe. 

ty as well! its all very helpful info for me lol 

Edited by MeatyOar, 21 June 2021 - 05:53 PM.

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 June 2021 - 06:46 PM

if there's no enriched hammer event active, you can use safe to 7 certs to protect gears up to +7

if the event is active you can use it since their unsafe limit starts

it's generally never a good idea to try to +9 gears outside of enriched hammer events

to +10 them you can also do it during enriched hammer, or during refine events

refine events have the highest success rate, but doesnt protect your gear by default. You can get around that by using blacksmith blessings.

10>11 is guaranteed so just use the ingame ore

11+ also advised to do only during refine events, but if you just want the 12(or even 13) for one specific gear effect it aint to bad at regular rates.

#6 NaginataX

NaginataX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 12:19 PM

Agreed, very detailed!  Thank you for answering his question, as I've wondered the same thing.

Only real input I can give is that the Enriched Ore event does seem to be very useful.  Tried it for the first time this month and finally got my Vanargand Helm to +9 with about half of a x50 Enriched Elu box.  +8 and +9 both have a 40% chance, so there was some back-and-forth since you lose a level for failure (but with the trade-off being guaranteed to not break your gear!).  Will look forward to doing that again in the future when I get more gear that justifies hitting +7 or +9 bonus thresholds.

Only gripe is that it's very P2W.  No method of safely upgrading for F2P players (sans zeny farming and buying certs or enriched ore from whales).  Same can be said about how all the Kafra Shop items outclass the in-game loot by miles (not a huuuuge deal for me since I've been paying off-and-on since it used to be monthly subscription anyway).  $10-$15 here or there to get some cosmetics or boost some gear seems fair for the upkeep of the servers for what...18 years now??  I can see why it would seem stacked against newer players though.

#7 redrum1987

redrum1987

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 03:51 PM

if there's no enriched hammer event active, you can use safe to 7 certs to protect gears up to +7

if the event is active you can use it since their unsafe limit starts

it's generally never a good idea to try to +9 gears outside of enriched hammer events

to +10 them you can also do it during enriched hammer, or during refine events

refine events have the highest success rate, but doesnt protect your gear by default. You can get around that by using blacksmith blessings.

10>11 is guaranteed so just use the ingame ore

11+ also advised to do only during refine events, but if you just want the 12(or even 13) for one specific gear effect it aint to bad at regular rates.

A few questions on the refine event.

1) How often does it happen? Twice a year? Was there one already in 2022?

2) You mentioned that the refine event have a higher success rate but it DOES NOT protect the gear? So if I want to upgrade from +11 to +12 armor, would the armor break if it fails? - Never I just read the HD ores for +10 and beyond protects the gear from breaking.

3) Could the refine event occurs along with the enrich hammer event?

Edited by redrum1987, 20 May 2022 - 03:52 PM.

#8 ssloner

ssloner

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 06:39 PM

I have no idea! I was under impression these are to be farmed or cash shop box only.  :sigh:  Can point me which NPC?

Also if bradium and carnium are to be used safely from +10 to +11 only, then it's actually little use than I expected cause I always thought they are in high demand.

#9 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 27 May 2022 - 02:54 PM

Wow I must have funded half the server last year for all the upgrading I did with safety certs during enriched events lol

#10 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 09:22 PM

How do you upgrade costumes? Do the enrich refine event work on costumes? 

I'm trying to calculate if its better to just try my luck upgrading my reload set or just buy +9 set. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users