AB's Clearance bugged or working as intended? - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

AB's Clearance bugged or working as intended?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 June 2021 - 01:11 PM

I read on forums that Sage's Dispell and Arch Bishop's Clearance should both be able to remove the same buffs and debuffs. Also in game and on divine-pride, the description states: 

" Release all buff, debuff and curse of party members and the monsters. "

After some testing however, I noticed Dispell removes monsters and boss's AGI up while Clearance (it's level 5) does not. Clearance also does not remove their Assumptio or any other monster buff that I've seen. Is this a bug?

Tikbalang is a monster and Mistress is a boss with Agi Up skill in case anyone wants to test it out too

EDIT: On Oct 4, 2021 , GM replied to ticket stating it's behaving as it should...so that means Clearance has been nerfed and no longer removes monsters' buffs

Edited by FishDeity, 04 October 2021 - 08:26 PM.

#2 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 June 2021 - 08:58 PM

Are you sure you offensively targeted the monster with clearance? Unlike dispel which can be used on all targets you must shift+click on the target with clearance.

#3 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 10:32 PM

Are you sure you offensively targeted the monster with clearance? Unlike dispel which can be used on all targets you must shift+click on the target with clearance.

Yes, no-shift was enabled when I used Clearance on monster. Dispell also requires no-shift enabled to be used on monster

#4 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 28 June 2021 - 09:44 AM

Hello! I will have the team double-check this. Thanks!

#5 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 29 June 2021 - 10:57 AM

So I had it tested and was informed that it should be working correctly. You would need to shift target to use Clearance on the hostile target. If using Clearance on enemy target without using shift, nothing happens. When using shift, you get the animation and the ability fires off.

Thank you!

#6 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 03:17 PM

So I had it tested and was informed that it should be working correctly. You would need to shift target to use Clearance on the hostile target. If using Clearance on enemy target without using shift, nothing happens. When using shift, you get the animation and the ability fires off.

Thank you!

The animation and ability is firing off but it's not behaving correctly. Based on previous forum posts, if Sage's Dispell can remove it, Clearance should too...unless they changed it since then. Here's video proof of it still not working correctly:

Rag1 AB's Clearance doesn't work - YouTube (38 seconds long)

Notice how my normal attacks hit Tikbalang. Once it AGI UP, they miss. After I use Clearance on Tikbalang, they still miss. Then once sorc Dispells it, my normal attacks start to hit. Since this monster has lvl 10 AGI UP, I'm sure the AGI UP duration didn't run out

Edited by FishDeity, 29 June 2021 - 05:02 PM.

#7 Cameraman

Cameraman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 06:22 AM

I can confirm around May 2019 that Clearance removes monsters' Assumptio. Although the "white silhouette" stays, the damage-halving effect is removed. I used to do this to White Lady whenever I solo ET every week. I think it can also remove Shield Reflect from monsters too back then.

But ever since the Rebalance Skill patch, I don't think it's working anymore. I haven't tried it on monster-exclusive skills like AGI UP though because I created a crit AB for that purpose.

#8 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 01:03 PM

The animation and ability is firing off but it's not behaving correctly. Based on previous forum posts, if Sage's Dispell can remove it, Clearance should too...unless they changed it since then. Here's video proof of it still not working correctly:

Rag1 AB's Clearance doesn't work - YouTube (38 seconds long)

Notice how my normal attacks hit Tikbalang. Once it AGI UP, they miss. After I use Clearance on Tikbalang, they still miss. Then once sorc Dispells it, my normal attacks start to hit. Since this monster has lvl 10 AGI UP, I'm sure the AGI UP duration didn't run out

That is your issue. The skill does not dispell monster exclusive skill effects and buffs, only player type skill effects. You can also dispell almost all types of status conditions with the skill.

This means player skills such as Assumptio or Berserk, that most MVPs use can be clearanced.

Do note that unlike Dispell though, Clearance can dispell a Rogue classes plagiarised skills even through their preserve or even if they have the rogue spirit on them.

#9 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 01:56 PM

That is your issue. The skill does not dispell monster exclusive skill effects and buffs, only player type skill effects. You can also dispell almost all types of status conditions with the skill.

This means player skills such as Assumptio or Berserk, that most MVPs use can be clearanced.

Do note that unlike Dispell though, Clearance can dispell a Rogue classes plagiarised skills even through their preserve or even if they have the rogue spirit on them.

That is my issue?... Had a bad day? lol

Anyways, if player skills that MVPs can use can be clearanced, that means Shield Reflect should be clearanced too. But it isn't. Check video below:

https://youtu.be/pR9Un-jN2Lw

EDIT: On Oct 4, 2021 , GM replied to ticket stating it's behaving as it should...so that means Clearance has been nerfed and no longer removes monsters' buffs

Edited by FishDeity, 04 October 2021 - 08:27 PM.

#10 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 10 October 2021 - 04:55 PM

That is my issue?... Had a bad day? lol

Anyways, if player skills that MVPs can use can be clearanced, that means Shield Reflect should be clearanced too. But it isn't. Check video below:

https://youtu.be/pR9Un-jN2Lw

Haha sorry no rudeness intended, was suppose to say "that's the issue" instead, hope that didn't cause any friction between us.

To answer your question about shield reflect, i have never been able to clearance that too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users