Refine system is beyond ridiculous - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Refine system is beyond ridiculous

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#1 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2021 - 05:44 PM

What kind of jerk off made this system, not only do you have to pay real money to get the item that prevents your item from being permanently destroyed but even having bought 700 HDCranium i legit got no where...+14 twice it says 15% is say that number isn't accurate in the slightest you are lying to us the probability you have stated is obviously not true at all.  To put this in perspective every 100 WP costs 1$ each box costs 1200 wp hence 12 dollars, i bought 7 of those so at a grand total of $84 I legitly got no where that is BULL-_-.  This game is sham i can get so much more for $84 than a goddamn clicking simulator...you need to implement some kind of incremental return like honestly SEVEN HUNDRED yielded NOTHING....NOTHING.

To new people don't bother refining its too expensive the system is a con, straight up a con you have better odds winning carnival games, ya carnival games and slot machines are less rigged than the failure rate on refining.  You don't want people to go out and purchase from other players but make the ability to acquire what you want any other way near impossible...you have people in this game with endless Zeny, and this doesn't impact them cause they can just buy the boxes, this impacts the little guy and only the little guy the cost of entry is restrictively high.  ADJUST YOUR GREED MODEL, this is far to punishing far to low and I did this during AN INCREASE IN CHANCES... WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP, WHICH MEANS ODDS ARE EVEN LOWER....its a scam straight up.

Fact you have better odds of being struck by lightning, and a meteor in the same day, within the same hour.

Edited by Darkxealot, 13 July 2021 - 05:50 PM.

#2 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 July 2021 - 05:46 PM

ok

#3 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 05:51 PM

totally understand your frustration. my experience with my glorious bloody roar is somewhat similar to yours.

not to rub it in, but i know someone who made a +15 General helm with just 20 hd carnium.

you got the tail end of the unlucky streak and its simply unfortunate. just move on and forget about it.

your next upgrade streak will turn around i'm sure.

Edited by awesomegeek, 13 July 2021 - 05:51 PM.

#4 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:01 PM

So many people were annoyed for the success rates in this refine event. I would not be surprise if the rates were change for a sort of bug since the rates of some instances are weird (This started with the booster event update, monster are not dropping items, treasures are empty and the staff are saying Giant Faceworm Snake Skin has not 100% drop hahaha. I guess our community have the best of all lucks). 

Edited by nazhioozh, 13 July 2021 - 06:01 PM.

#5 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:07 PM

What kind of jerk off made this system, not only do you have to pay real money to get the item that prevents your item from being permanently destroyed but even having bought 700 HDCranium i legit got no where...+14 twice it says 15% is say that number isn't accurate in the slightest you are lying to us the probability you have stated is obviously not true at all.  To put this in perspective every 100 WP costs 1$ each box costs 1200 wp hence 12 dollars, i bought 7 of those so at a grand total of $84 I legitly got no where that is BULL-_-.  This game is sham i can get so much more for $84 than a goddamn clicking simulator...you need to implement some kind of incremental return like honestly SEVEN HUNDRED yielded NOTHING....NOTHING.

To new people don't bother refining its too expensive the system is a con, straight up a con you have better odds winning carnival games, ya carnival games and slot machines are less rigged than the failure rate on refining.  You don't want people to go out and purchase from other players but make the ability to acquire what you want any other way near impossible...you have people in this game with endless Zeny, and this doesn't impact them cause they can just buy the boxes, this impacts the little guy and only the little guy the cost of entry is restrictively high.  ADJUST YOUR GREED MODEL, this is far to punishing far to low and I did this during AN INCREASE IN CHANCES... WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP, WHICH MEANS ODDS ARE EVEN LOWER....its a scam straight up.

Fact you have better odds of being struck by lightning, and a meteor in the same day, within the same hour.

dont worry daddy KRO got the solution for people like you divine-pride.net  :heh:

#6 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:09 PM

I would honestly like to know if things are actually working as intended cause I don't think they are, i really really don't.  I killed literally 10's of Thousands monsters in Gramps mid TI saw 1 card... with VIP and Gum....that's messed up and now this bull-_-...i am actually thinking of quitting this made me really angry...i feel ripped off and don't feel the system is fair in the slightest to the player.

As for KRO, when do we start seeing some of the useful updates, like those refine items, why are you sooo slow to update when KRO is full steam ahead why are trying to milk your very small player base...You could easily put these items in, STOP THE COSTUMES no one gives a good goddamn -_- about costumes implement the things that people actually want.  It shouldn't cost anyone $84 to play a clicking simulator that gets your nowhere.

Edited by Darkxealot, 13 July 2021 - 06:16 PM.

#7 JinJakk

JinJakk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:11 PM

We have a +10 to +11 100%..........

#8 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:14 PM

We have a +10 to +11 100%..........

Well that's just to Jerk you along no one really counts that useless crap it might as well just be added to the rolls.  I want to talk to someone for real, in the development team or the forum moderator or someone who can justify to everyone, why this game is being slow rolled out in NA...It cant be cause you aren't making enough money off the system which is inherently unfair to its player base which one could only consider abusive at best.

Want to know why you see more people quitting than joining, i can tell you this crap, the permanently breaking gear, the expenditure of real dollars that results in literally nothing to show for it.  The restrictive cost of entry into this game is already unbearable for most new players...they look at the market in an economy where the average cost of almost anything is 100m zeny...and they are making a 100-200k every what 8 hours( Assuming you are starting from nothing).  Well no worries in a month or 2 you might be able to afford your first decent item...and since the gear that drops is so woefully inadequate when compared to damn ever cash shop item, you have turn this game into micro transaction hell.

Edited by Darkxealot, 13 July 2021 - 06:23 PM.

#9 JinJakk

JinJakk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:19 PM

FYI u dont get that 100% from other servers

#10 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:26 PM

Meanwhile, someone just had a brighter day making a +18 surviver rod.....go figure?

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:27 PM

oh, another one of these

#12 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:30 PM

oh, another one of these

No one requires you input stop defending a broken system, its abusive to the player base, and you white washing everything with your bourgeoisie holier than thou sarcasm is not welcome.

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:33 PM

i'm not defending any system

Everyone knows upgrading on RO is a stupid rng paywall, at any level.

But this is just yet another string of bad rng outcome. It's actually a smaller loss than many other ppl have had over the many years, spending thousands and thousands of ores to not get anywhere.

Edited by Ashuckel, 13 July 2021 - 06:35 PM.

#14 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:33 PM

Also why is gramps so screwed up right now?  Like you got next weeks gramps mixed in with this weeks, across the board.  Something is definitely wrong.  So the spread of the monsters is now equal between the weeks but the next weeks quests aren't present...what is the purpose of that?.  Other than wasting peoples time having to kill twice to 3 times the number of creatures for what was rather pitiful experience boosts...Get nearly as much just doing Juper.  I don't get that change at all.  If you are going to implement the creatures in equal amounts then release both weeks quests as well.

Edited by Darkxealot, 13 July 2021 - 06:38 PM.

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:36 PM

Also why is gramps so screwed up right now?  Like you got next weeks gramps mixed in with this weeks, across the board.  Something is definitely wrong.

It's in the patch notes, if you read it. 

This Week's Gramps Turn-In Monsters

• Automating weekly gramps TI change-overs. It will happen automatically at midnight server time.
    • July 8th - July 14th
      • Low: Zipper Bear/Tengu
      • Mid: Dullahan/Nepenthes
      • High: Incarnation of Morroc/Necromancer
    • July 15th - July 22nd
      • Low: Kapha/The Paper
      • Mid: Anubis/Vanberk
      • High: Golden Acidus/Little Fatum
  • Monster Spawn Structure has been changed. Spawns are now evenly divided between monsters for both weeks.

#16 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:39 PM

Also why is gramps so screwed up right now?  Like you got next weeks gramps mixed in with this weeks, across the board.  Something is definitely wrong.  So the spread of the monsters is now equal between the weeks but the next weeks quests aren't present...what is the purpose of that?.  Other than wasting peoples time having to kill twice to 3 times the number of creatures for what was rather pitiful experience boosts...Get nearly as much just doing Juper.  I don't get that change at all.  If you are going to implement the creatures in equal amounts then release both weeks quests as well.

What item were you trying to upgrade?

#17 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:40 PM

I read the patch notes, the choice doesn't make sense, their is half as many of the quest creatures as usual, that other half was replaced with useless filler?  What was the purpose why not implement the quests to go with both corresponding weeks as well?

#18 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:41 PM

Guardian Soul, which actively benefits from the +15 i wouldn't bother with other gear the expense just isn't worth it.

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:43 PM

5d4176777e146c34a70a712e593d13a2.png

#20 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:52 PM

1300 HD Carnium to go... **insert cheerleader gif**

I gave up mine after 800 HD Carnium cause I only went +14 once on GS. 

Surprisingly I manage to +14 my lvl 4 weapon 3 times with 305 ores.

Then again i told myself it tool close to 3,000 ores for my +14 KVM back then. So, nothing these days can beat that for me. 

#21 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 07:04 PM

I wondered why some number of BSB couldn't be used passed +12 as well, like 15 per shot at 15% chance is still cray cray expensive...but at least you aren't just watching it go up and down and up and down and up and down.

#22 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 07:14 PM

They can in kRO

7제련 -> 8제련 : 1개
8제련 -> 9제련 : 2개
9제련 -> 10제련 : 4개
10제련 -> 11제련 : 7개
11제련 -> 12제련 : 11개
12제련 -> 13제련 : 16개
13제련 -> 14제련 : 22개

#23 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 07:19 PM

5d4176777e146c34a70a712e593d13a2.png

I respect the source as a fellow math guy, but these statistics appear to be flawed.

The most obvious incorrect result is the "Median = 0" for +11 to +12. The median must be greater than or equal to 1 by the nature of the problem (you can't go from +11 to +12 in 0 ore).

The results don't indicate whether they are for a user switching to normal Bradium/Carnium for the +10->+11 roll, but from the mean values for +11->+12 I think it can only be realistic if they are NOT switching to normal ores for the free roll.

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 07:33 PM

I respect the source as a fellow math guy, but these statistics appear to be flawed.

The most obvious incorrect result is the "Median = 0" for +11 to +12. The median must be greater than or equal to 1 by the nature of the problem (you can't go from +11 to +12 in 0 ore).

The results don't indicate whether they are for a user switching to normal Bradium/Carnium for the +10->+11 roll, but from the mean values for +11->+12 I think it can only be realistic if they are NOT switching to normal ores for the free roll.

41d9d6d51a25948414d2ae9ba7e721e2.png

1edba8eda22ef2625dafada5dea17130.png

Edited by Ashuckel, 13 July 2021 - 07:52 PM.

#25 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 07:50 PM

I agree, multiple factors of RNG that cost you real money to advance in a progression-based video game does sound pretty dumb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users