Veteran Rant & Suggestion - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Veteran Rant & Suggestion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 28 July 2021 - 09:30 PM

My name is Edwin Kuswanto (33), Ragnarok Online is my first ever MMORPG and I play it since 2004(IDRO) and 2014 (IRO).

Everything is fine until that long ass 2 months server update Maintenance happening, everything is goes down hill, there is nothing genius about it, and there is nothing good coming from it, and most importantly there is nothing fun about it, the purpose is still unclear the content is vague AF. 

Ragnarok online is really harsh and complicated game, and demand players to explore, do a experimental research, because there is thousand gears, thousand cards, thousand items in the game, 

What kind of weapon, helm/hat (top,mid,low), armor/suit, boots/shoes, garment, shield/guard, ACC and what kind of card I should use, what kind of recovery item I can use, where to found it, where to buy it, can I craft it?, do I need to do a quest to get it?.... is the item even exist?.... how much it cost?, and dont make me start with how to play the specific classes because even its a same class it have different build purpose (Example: Gene MVP and Gene Brewing)

After the update I have a problem:

Check this thread:
https://forums.warpp...nt-ragial-back/

Especially my post in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Shooping Board is ultra <snip>, its really pain in the ass to search something, it give lack of information and it provide no suggestion.

You crippling the market, u literally destroy the market, what you expecting players to do?, wandering around clicking the vending one by one?, and there is like hundred of Merchant vending selling random thing.

Again, the problem is its lack of efficiency, and its not fun at all, I want to see all the buying items in a list form, I want to see a list item related to what I search

Example: Lets just say I need a "Pupa card", when I search "pupa" I want to see a list of everything related to Pupa Card, even (armor/suit) with Pupa card attached to it.

When I search for a "Crimson" I want all list of Crimson Weapons and everything with "Crimson" listed, include a Crimson weapons with card attached to it and the Crimson elements, unless I type a specific Crimson weapon type (Sword,mace,axe,etc).

All this thing just make me lost my interest to play, there is no clear information what I can sell or what I can buy, I cant see what people selling.

ANCIENT Game                                                      

I got amazed by my self, I got amazed by my self because in fact I still playing this game until now, its really funny to see this Ancient game try its best to stay alive and compete with another new games nowadays.

The way Publisher try to dealing with illegal program such bot, dupe, macro make me sick, like really who is actually take a charge in this game (Manager)?, Campitor?, is he living under a rock?, do he have any idea what <snip> is?, there is around 33.859 peak players in last 30 days when I type this, there is no such a thing like bot, or any illegal things happen in that game, not even a macro.

Do you know the secret ingredient to make this game clean from bots?, all those spammer, scammer, or all that scumbag try to earn money by selling Zenny?, its can be started by make the IRO account not for free.

Because I believe all this bot scumbag are those people live in 3rd country try to earn money from the game, those scum just simply use illegal program bypassing everything to make hundred account and start botting.

Sign me up, because I believe you need money to feed all the staff who working in the game, move my account to a premium server where everyone need to purchase an account in order to play, if the server fail just delete it include my account in it.

NO FUN ALLOWED                                                    

The fun factor of Ragnarok online is when you do a research and found interesting thing, for example is like attaching a injustise card in your mace as an Acolyte, holy crap look I can do Sonic Blow as an Acolyte,

Or that moment when you learn the basic key of autocasting, or combining card in a new gear to get perfect combination, that Aegir set armor, that sprint set, etc.

for me, what make me really completely lost my interest to play is because polymorphing mushroom in Gene classes is disabled, I mean look at this tutorial thread I made:
[Tips] Free Dead Branch Made of Mushrooms.

Now there is nothing drop, the only drop I get is all the items from the Mushrooms, there is no Ice cream, Pie, candy, candy cane, or monsters.

This is really destroying fun part of being a Gene, as a gene this make me feel like I lost my purpose, just go MPVing or simply logout, that is the only thing I can do right now, usually I AFK leveling my Homun, but because the vague AF update of bull-_- I cant do it anymore.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Please don't use this forum to promote other games and be mindful of your wording.

Edited by EdwinKuswanto, 29 July 2021 - 08:05 AM.

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 July 2021 - 10:44 PM

Dont worry. It went down hill a bit before the 2 months hiatus. Nothing to read here tbh. Time to go back to set up AFK leveling bots. On a bright side, server has 2.5k online right? 

#3 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 10:53 PM

Dont worry. It went down hill a bit before the 2 months hiatus. Nothing to read here tbh. Time to go back to set up AFK leveling bots. On a bright side, server has 2.5k online right? 

I believe if Campitor make IRO account.... (I dont know the term), purchasable, he will have enough money to pay the staff, so kind of error/bug happen like in the Malangdo Noddle Festival Event can be prevented and even it still happen there will be a quick fix, instead of Campitor go down him self to fixing it.

And pay to play IRO will naturally limit every user to create ID in finger count, there will no one even think to create massive bot account, all those money the publisher get is enough to make the staff happy doing their job, Campitor get 1 medium size bar of Snicker every time someone make an account.

Edited by EdwinKuswanto, 28 July 2021 - 11:05 PM.

#4 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 29 July 2021 - 12:22 AM

i believe. if campitor read this, he'll lock the thread & nothing will change 

#5 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 12:55 AM

<snip> Everything he did is spray diarrhea on everything, everything is evolved but backward, This is not a simple garbage game like:
<snip>

Even a literally garbage game like I show above worth for $1, this is insane, what exactly he try to do?, make the game fun to play?, no its not fun or funny at all, maintenance the game quality?, how come you call this a quality?, everything you did is backward, 

After the 2 Months update, I feel nothing, there is nothing good, there is nothing I can consider a fun thing to do, I really had no idea anymore, the only thing I feel is "Worthless", for example, The nameless Island, there is a lot of side quest need to be done, it take really long time to finish and dont make me start with that quest where I need to dealing with CAMEL POOP, and you just simply add NPC to teleporting people to the Nameless Island? really?, 

All this crap, all this failure, all this nonsense really make me sick, are you bored or something?, release a new game then, revert the game back to the time before the long ass Maintenance and leave Ragnarok Online alone. 

What I want is a server free from bots, but you keep <snip> all this restrictions and update of nonsense, what new mechanic?, what balancing?, what I can see is you disabling everything, why not just disabling the game then?, because I really had no clue what to do, do a quest? for what? collecting OCA, OPB, and EMB? for what?, its not like the market works anyway.

There is nothing to sell, there is noting to buy, there is nothing to find, and there is nothing to do, even AFKing feel not right, what exactly you expecting? what exactly is your purpose?, 

Chek this video:
<snip>

This video is a perfect example what you expecting when a bunch of newbie come to the server, 14minute long video and RO1 last for like 1,5 minutes.

Long time ago, I was suggesting you to reinforce the server from bots by adding a really restricted rules and some of the restricted rules involving game mechanic change:

•Disable public chat for new/low lv character

To prevent scamming, spamming, pissing, the only way to bypass this is by got invited to a party, its obviously only someone you know will invite you to a party in order to talk with you.

This chat restriction removed when you pass 1st job

•Disable looting certain item 

To prevent bot farming, all item with drop rate below 5% is disabled for the Novise, 1st and 2nd classes, this restriction is removed when you change to transcendent classes.

•Pay to play Account 

Once you hit LV 99 JOB 50 (2nd classes), you need to purchase cash item needed in order to become Transcendent, this remove all the basic restriction, or of course you can pay with ingame money.

Or you can just go purchase an account (its works exactly like purchasing VIP) at the first place to remove all the basic restriction originally aimed to free player + Epic bonus.

Did you see the pattern here?, player can choose between purchasing an account (with a lot of benefit like 7Days VIP, free from basic restriction complete with starter package gear, items, exp/drop boost), or play for free and use the cash item in order to go Transcendent and bypass the basic restriction.

Its a something suppose to be a really simple, but you make it complicated AF lead to vague result making everyone sick and lost interest to play, so many nonsense restriction, and ruining the game in order to make it "EASY", 

When I talk about paying the account, its not like I talk $100 or $50, I just want you to add a little bit amount of money to get rid all this bot scumbag, to prevent a person creating hundred of account for bot purpose, so you can focus on maintenance the quality content of the game, instead of try hard to dealing it by restricting a lot of things and make everything worse, 

THIS IS "RAGNAROK", do you have any idea what "RAGNAROK" MEAN?, what is this? "Ragnarok for kids"?, I not even sure kids now day want to play this game.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Please don't use this forum to directly link to or promote other games and we also ask you not embed videos which have very large amounts of profanity.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 29 July 2021 - 02:10 AM.

#6 BIGGGGGGGGGG

BIGGGGGGGGGG

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 05:22 AM

No chance he reads this. That would mean he would actually have worked for the first time in 2 years.

#7 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 06:06 AM

I really have no idea what exactly people doing, maybe just login leveling and then logout, what happen to all those vending merchant?, no one bother to check what kind of things they selling, the reason?, because they had no money, why they dont have money?, because they had no idea which item is worth to sell and which item is useless.

And I bet newbie had no idea about "Shopping Board" and even they found it, they will have no idea how to use it, because when Ragial still exist I meet a few people who had no idea what ragial is.

The increased amount of merchant vending is a sign there is to much item to sell, but no one know, see, want or can afford it.

I can use my self for example, I usually always have things to do, maybe go to Dungeon like OGH, of course I need preparation, I need to take that limited VIP service (3 Magical Cristal), so I can go change maps fast, get a buff and get 10pcs Token of SIegfried once every day, if do it correctly I can have 20 Token of Siegfried for ET, do the Central Lab Quest safely, and OGH safely.

From OGH, I can get OCA, and get a materials needed to make temporal boots, and selling it.

The problem is, no one will found my vend, and buying my stuff, people had no clue about the price, its really cheap?, its too expensive, they not even know what they looking for, when Ragial still exist, when I looking for something, I can see the whole item the vendor selling and this is how the market running when checking someone vend there will also another thing maybe get your interest.

There is even an average price information for each item in the market in Ragial, we can learn how cheap and how expensive an item price can go, even the list of vendor history, with this feature we can tracking the vendor when the last time he/she online.

Its also have search history so you can keep tracking all the item you looking for, you just need to reload tab to refresh the list and see if the item you looking for is available or not in the market.

Your failure attempt to get rid bots started by removing a good bot, we all know especially me know what kind of bot we all hate, we hate those bot farming, we hate those bot leveling, and we all hate those bot spammer scamming people.

There is 3 option, 2 right option and 1 wrong option, you choose only 1, and you choose the wrong option, how a kind of failure like this even exist?.

That Ragial bot is a low LV character wandering around the town in circle, its an Acolyte with peco peco wing hat, it does no harm, and you killed it.

Mean while there is ton of incoming botters scattered all the maps farming zenny and farming item to sell (example: like Strawberry, Maneeater, R.Ori/Elu, Oridecon, and Elunium), your staff cant handle it, banning them feel useless, and its keep going on and on and on and on.

All this mesh happen because you refuse to do "PAY TO PLAY", like really I really curious, if I become GM and my job is banning bots, how much money I got paid every Months? if I may know, because it would be a blissful if I can have a bottle of Soda and pizza when doing my job.

#8 nost99

nost99

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:30 AM

Edwin i miss waiting dark lord to spawn with you!!!

#9 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 July 2021 - 05:43 PM

I believe we have been through this discussion about making it a pay to play only, but you had a buttload of people complaining that they cannot afford such a luxury as a monthly subscription.

I personally feel we should go back to subscription based but then again I know not everyone has a job like mine where I can afford to splash it on such a pointless for fun hobby like RO, we have also got people who barely have enough money to put food on the table and pay off loans and mortgages and just want to play a game that's free, immerses you from the current reality.

Its easy to say make it subscription based when its in our shoes, but we also need to consider the other side of the coin.

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 06:51 PM

Dont need to make it  P2P because that doesnt work. Should make VIP character bound instead hahaha

Edited by ChakriGuard, 29 July 2021 - 06:53 PM.

#11 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 11:17 PM

I believe we have been through this discussion about making it a pay to play only, but you had a buttload of people complaining that they cannot afford such a luxury as a monthly subscription.

Those buttload of people must be those botter scumbag, even its only $1 I believe they will still complaining, why?, it neither they are too dumb to know how to pay, or because they need like thousand account need to made for bots.

A monthly subscription.?, im sorry I dont get it, how about 1 account only once for only $10,- for forever unless you got banned.

Again read my post again, paying is just for bypassing some basic safety restriction.

Edited by EdwinKuswanto, 29 July 2021 - 11:22 PM.

#12 ARCHMAGEOLIVA

ARCHMAGEOLIVA

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 July 2021 - 08:03 AM

Population would drop, and most player will just go to p servers, fastest way to kill the game

#13 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 July 2021 - 04:38 PM

Population would drop, and most player will just go to p servers, fastest way to kill the game

That sound more like excuses, that "Shopping Board" would be perfect for low population server, because no one gonna using it or even some people still using it people just gonna using it for a simple basic search item like Oridecon/Ellunium or for a gear they already have/know.

Let me tell you something, I coming from a server where you need to buy a voucher (12hours, Weeks, Months) in order to play, I got it, people do bot because they refuse to waste any single minutes, for an example, this person buy a 1 Weeks Voucher, that is 10.080 minutes, and maybe this person only can play 3~6 hours each day + sleep for 6-8 hours, that make a sense why people do bot.

"we cant blame autism", I call it autism because instead of enjoying the game people do bot to leveling, "busy and had no time to play is the main excuse", why not just go buy 12 hours Voucher if in fact they only can play 2-4 hours a day?, because 1 Week Voucher price = 2X 12 hours Voucher, in another side the publisher afraid to goes bankrupt if they ban those botters.

Eventually all this autism realize how dumb they are, they have high LV char but really low play experience resulting in lack of knowledge and lead to a shame and then ended by quitting, Imagine a High Wizard with Mage experience, died because of casting magic at wrong moment when wearing Phen card (had no idea what emergency swap acc is), because back then if you are a Magician, but you cant do "FWV" you are belong to garbage.

Or maybe a Transcendent act like 1st job, bullying low lv character:

Now Ragnarok is free to play, but the problem is some people still goes full autism by using bot, the update make the market crippled, there is no such a thing like "oh I gonna vend this thing so I can buy that thing" or "I will start selling this so I can vend it for zenny", this all lead to "lost interest" in doing event/quest.

Now people gonna go bots because there is no way to earn zenny fast, now people will start to selling zenny, lead to scamming > RMT > banned which mean more task/job for the staff for banning and to dealing with this bullcrap.

Really nice update Camp, really genius. BIG BRAIN DAMAGE.

At this point people will try hard even its mean they need to make hundred of bots for collecting Jeloppy and selling it to NPC for Zenny, more people spend their time to AFK Vending because it will take forever to sold their item, the reason is because no one even bother to find it and because no one know about it.

#14 ARCHMAGEOLIVA

ARCHMAGEOLIVA

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 July 2021 - 05:59 PM

Would be super fun to play with other 200 players, imagine the economy, if you don't like f2p player swarming the server and want a low population go to thor, there you can enjoy your dead server

#15 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:01 PM

Would be super fun to play with other 200 players, imagine the economy, if you don't like f2p player swarming the server and want a low population go to thor, there you can enjoy your dead server

Really funny, because I my self is F2P player, I never spend any single $$$ in any game I was playing in my life, my problem is those scumbag who using this "FREE" game to earn money by using bot swarming the server.

The main and the new server will eventually be a dead server if the people who managing the game keep spraying diarrhea on everything, do you see what happen to "RE-START" server?, its gone, I not even know why it exist and when it happen.

Becasue I realize Ragnarok online can be customized like Minecraft, there is PVP, Anarchy, minigame, Survival, faction, and you even can make Minecraft MMORPG, and works like MMORPG, and I think that is what exactly Campitor try to do, he try to make a new sensation, maybe he think turning back this game back to a stoneage era is a good idea.

What is "Change Game Mechanic", what is "Class Balancing", Why Banning Ragial, Why make disable AFK Homun?, why disable drop bonus from mushrooms, why disable polymorph Mushrooms?, and there is so many more degenerated things happen after the 2 Monts BIG UPDATE BULLCRAP.

That dumb stuck in Transcendent classes forever eat poo poo server, with a utter garbage update like game mechanic change of nonsense and balanced skill of nonsense is so degenerated, happen randomly just for expecting/hoping for a "cash grab" server, who the hell want to stuck in Transcendent classes forever?, who want to go Transcendent if not because wanting to be 3rd classes?.

How if you make a Server with only "Super Novise" is the only class available, in that way I believe your dumb "Shooping board" will works perfectly, because all the search is limited to only gears Super Novice can wear.

All those vending merchant flooding Prontera Town is a sign the market is crippled, and not everyone playing this game is genius enough to do a research, mainly is just a suggestion from mouth to mouth, from forum to forum on how to build a character.

No one bother to open http://db.irowiki.org/db/ and do a research, why?, because that dumb "Shooping Board" is just utter garbage, its unable to provide lists and there is no reference or information what to sell or what to buy, and its lack of important information like "average price", or when is the last time it vended.

This crippled market will eventually lead to a dead server, all this dumb thing happen after the update lead to a dead server, just wait until every one get sick of this degenerated update and decide to play another better game and new game.

Edited by EdwinKuswanto, 31 July 2021 - 04:44 AM.

#16 ARCHMAGEOLIVA

ARCHMAGEOLIVA

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 06:13 AM

Agree, botting is trash and rmt is what has this game messed up, but it has nothing to do with f2p players, BTW all those guys who use this game as an income source are taking money out of wp hands, if people stop paying other players and start spending on kp, this could really improve the server

#17 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 07:31 AM

Agree, botting is trash and rmt is what has this game messed up, but it has nothing to do with f2p players, BTW all those guys who use this game as an income source are taking money out of wp hands, if people stop paying other players and start spending on kp, this could really improve the server

I really curious to know what kind of PC people using to play this game, I my self still using DDR2 LGA 755, here is my full spec:

MOBO: Asus P5Q

Proch: Quad Core 9400Q

VGA: Asus Nvidia Geforce GT730 128bit 2Gb

RAM: 8GB

Storage: Kingston UV400 240Gb.

The reason why I still playing this Ancient game is because I cant running newest MMORPG games nowadays, I experiencing a few time trying to download a game and ended in failure to running the game, mainly because my VGA card is a garbage, or the game demand more fast and more stronger PC, and even more fast and stable internet connection.

I wish I can do a survey in here, I want to know what kind of PC people use to play Ragnarok, its kinda hard to believe if someone with a High SPEC PC (VGA card with "GTX" in the name and 4 digit number after it) still want to play this Ancient game.

People with HIGH SPEC PC go play VR games, or High SPEC Demanding game, at least you need DDR3 LGA 1155 Motherboard with processor CORE I5 and above, with HIGH SPEC VGA card cost almost 2X or even 5X more expensive than the PC price, Installing Steam and play NOT FOR FREE GAMES.

So yea you cant say "Botting is Trash, but it has nothing to do with F2P players", Its is, some of those F2P player will try to use this free game from their own benefit, because basically they had nothing to lost from the first place if their account get banned they just simply create another more and continue again, and again and again and again.

There is a game out there where you can try, the free trial account is for 30Days, and you need to purchase the account after the trial time passed if you want to continue to play.

I have a lot of friends playing that game, once I asking them to play Ragnarok (IRO), some of them answer "Meh no thanks, I hate the graphic, its look old, and irritating for my eyes", in a VC group I curious and asking them "how about bot, is there a bot or macro in the game?" and the answer is "No there is no bot in this game, if someone do bot or macro, the bot or the macro program will get disabled and the related account will got banned".

Because by purchasing account (P2P) people will be more appreciating their own account.

Edited by EdwinKuswanto, 31 July 2021 - 08:06 AM.

#18 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 July 2021 - 10:28 AM

What the hell is going on here?

#19 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 10:35 AM

P2P vs F2P lmfao

#20 Daverost

Daverost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 12:11 PM

What the hell is going on here?

A lot of words to say "I don't understand how the current market works."

#21 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:48 PM

"youre doing a bad job, warpportal"
"listen to me from now on"

#22 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 05:01 PM

Who has WP bee listening to though?

Easy OCP rates

EAC but AFK leveling ok

MA wiping

Gioia wiped last WoE and turned it to PvP in WoE realms

No seal cards in Gacha

Etc?

:gg:  :gg:  :gg:

#23 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 05:32 PM

vl8LBsS.gif

#24 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 31 July 2021 - 05:44 PM

A lot of words to say "I don't understand how the current market works."

you are right, lot of words because he doesn't understand how they invest all the money earned with iRO in the develop of mobile games.

Long live to Scam Portal and all the daily complaining about the lack of content.

#25 KielConstantine

KielConstantine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 August 2021 - 10:38 AM

You can join me spamming Bloody branches @nogg road 2F if you bored with the game mechanic B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users