August Corridor of Phantoms Feedback - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

August Corridor of Phantoms Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 August 2021 - 03:59 PM

G74WNcz.png

Hello all! 

With the return of Corridor of Phantoms, we are interested in hearing what you think about the updates and current settings. Please post in this thread any feedback you have regarding this newest version.

Thank you!

#2 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 06:34 PM

72 hours cool down time. Is this intended or wut? Last time it’s only 24 hrs. And the drops are just the same old crappy mini boss cards from mystic card album. I guess I’ll just farm gfss and celine kimis then if I get lucky I’ll even get faceworm queen or celine kimi card.

#3 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 August 2021 - 02:57 AM

Before we give out feedback, can we have the changes listed in the first post for those who aren't aware of whats new in this version of Corridor of Phantom?

#4 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 04 August 2021 - 03:31 AM

Tickets should have been purchasable through the Kafra Shop directly rather than locked behind Kafra Shop RNG boxes (Kachua).

Apparently rates are improved for 'good' rewards but they still seem incredibly low where most people are not participating due to the difficulty/time required/supplies used. It seems most people would rather spend time farming other things for Zeny or 'real' MVP Cards. The general consensus is that 99% of the Sealed MVP Cards are lesser versions, yet they're harder to get than the 'real' thing due to needing 10 of a non-guaranteed drop to even have an attempt at getting one (and they're still probably card rate or close to it). That's not an enticing rewards system. I don't see why we don't have two systems for rewarding player work: Killing a specified Illusion MVP should have its corresponding Sealed card in its drop table in addition to flowers and the other miscellaneous things. You would still have flower RNG which is like opening a Sealed MVP Card Album once you get 10 flowers. Then, in addition, you have people who would be lucky on map that will find Sealed cards from killing. At least it would be more rewarding across the board for all players participating.

Honestly, at this point, people would probably find a Bossnia-type event to be more fun and enjoyable than hard-ass MVPs without much of a chance to get anything. Killing an MVP for a chance at an MVP Card--while rare--is way better than killing several MVPs for a chance at 10 flowers... which are then turned in for a chance at a 'lesser' MVP Card. It's MVP Card hunting with extra RNG steps, unnecessarily.

Questions:

Any reason a turn-in rewards list was never released? I get it, kRO wants it to 'be a surprise' for players... yet kRO released a drop table themselves when they did the event. Majority of people will only get lame cards out of this so not having an official rewards list released just makes it seem like a hopeless endeavor. Source: https://ro.gnjoy.com...46495&curpage=1

Relating to the above, any reason actual MVP Cards (see: not Sealed) are not in the rewards list? The assumption is they're not (no one's gotten one that isn't Sealed) yet kRO's event seems to exclusively reward actual MVP Cards. Again, source above.

Any reason Teleport is still disabled within the maps?

#5 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 03:33 AM

1. Bio Monsters don't move at mach speed anymore and their line of sight seemed shorter. (Great)
  2. Flowers drop considerably much higher than before. (Great)
  3. 1st floor is easier to solo but still very challenging. (Great)
  4. 1st floor still encourages party play, especially for getting rid of the Bio monsters (Great).
  5. 72 hours cooldown is alright i think. The paid entrance should not be diluted (Good)
  6. The instance has become rewarding. A few people do buy the flowers at 10M currently. But i think overtime, it will dwindle down unless the price dips. (Great)

Questions:

1. Do monsters have all the same rate of dropping flowers? Was wondering if Bio monsters have a much higher chance. If not, they should.
  2. Does the reward from exchange includes only regular monster card and Sealed MVP cards at best? Or there is a super rare chance to get Full MVP card?

Suggestion:

1. Make MVP card rate super rare.
  2. Sealed versions should be attainable enough for buyers and hunters of the flowers continue. The instance should be rewarding, challenging and balanced to all classes. 

Notes:

1. The buyers and hunters of the flowers should be rewarded if they've invested enough, otherwise the buying and hunting will stop. If there's no buyers, people will stop hunting, then the instance will ultimately die.
  2. Not flooding the server with both cards is just as important and critical though as this could be the death sentence for the server.

#6 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 04 August 2021 - 09:03 AM

Having the Tickets within a lootbox
Is your event really going to end on 26th Aug ?
whereas people are still able to that rare item via lootbox all the way untill you release September lootbox?
does it make even sense? plus you don't even have a date when COP may return.

• event should be extended till your September lootbox is in.
  • Unless you can provide a date for when the next COP is coming

personally i am okay with the idea of having the ticket within the lootbox at low rate.
it's your marketing strategy, sure. But the paid ticket does not justify for the price we're paying. 
the odds are extremely low. it's the same flower as the F2P version. 
Having more characters makes more sense then paying for the paid ticket.

• Differentiate the F2P ticket and the paid Ticket
  • Give more incentive to pay for the Ticket
  • Having a Map for the 1st floor that is solely for paid ticket
    *Since 2nd And 3rd Floor is solely accessible via the Paid ticket, the Monster ID and Item Drop can be adjusted to fulfill the lack of incentive for the paid ticket
    Could possibly even add a Sealed MVP album as reward at low chance

the unknown factor of getting a MVP / Sealed MVP card (that is worth)
deters player from grinding this event. 
the odds and the reward list should be released to encourage player to play this event.
its a "end game" event after all. 
This should encourage player who left the server and return cause there wasn't anymore content in IRO to keep them playing

• 10 Flower for a Low chance of rare card, 50 Flower for a higher chance , <- Sure. why not?
  • Release the Drop/Rewards 

As much as you want the population to increase, we player want them too.
We do want Returners, but you've never had anything this close to this event (COP) to re-invite the old players.
please. make use of this, let's do it right.

#7 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 04 August 2021 - 10:43 AM

Before we give out feedback, can we have the changes listed in the first post for those who aren't aware of whats new in this version of Corridor of Phantom?

Any reason a turn-in rewards list was never released? I get it, kRO wants it to 'be a surprise' for players... yet kRO released a drop table themselves when they did the event. Majority of people will only get lame cards out of this so not having an official rewards list released just makes it seem like a hopeless endeavor. Source: https://ro.gnjoy.com...46495&curpage=1

I understand that everyone wants more info and I have tried my best to squeeze more info out- include trying to release the turn-in rewards, but unfortunately the only things I can share is this: 

- The floors have increasingly higher drop rates

- The secret prize has a higher chance of being obtained

- This newer version of CoP is currently scheduled to end on the 26th

Everything else, I've been told they just want it to be a surprise and for players to find out themselves. I apologize I can't get much more.  :ani_swt3:

#8 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 11:54 AM

Chill Mayari,

That was the point purpose of this thread wasn't it, you asked for feedback, we give our feedback.

• "it sucks to have the drop/prize table hidden. we want that information." 

if it's not within your authority. Campitor should step up shouldn't he?

He could simply say "Studio say that we are not allowed to reveal the prize pool"
it the same thing. previous he said something along the line : "we are not allowed to reveal the difference between the floors"

Spoiler

Edited by bearl, 04 August 2021 - 11:56 AM.

#9 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 12:54 PM

I understand that everyone wants more info and I have tried my best to squeeze more info out- include trying to release the turn-in rewards, but unfortunately the only things I can share is this: 

Everything else, I've been told they just want it to be a surprise and for players to find out themselves. I apologize I can't get much more.  :ani_swt3:

Without saying the exact percentage, is the chance of obtaining the secret prize single digit, one decimal place or two decimal places?

We already know what the secret prize is (sealed MVP) the question is, which ones?

#10 raymond0509

raymond0509

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Server:Dead

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:48 PM

Hi Mayari,

Can the sealed cards be uncarded by NPC Richard in Malangdo?

#11 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 04:05 AM

i suggest you let Corridor stay until a major update comes. 

#12 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 August 2021 - 09:10 AM

I'm not the kind of person that is going to do an event unless I know exactly what I can get out of it. I'm not like others here who will research what version kRO had in 2018 to fill in the gaps. On top of everything marrying an event to Kachua is one of the most scummy things ever. Though I couldn't see myself doing anything on RO for more than 2 hrs a day so if there is indeed a 1m zeny invitation you can buy that isn't so bad.

Edited by Scuba, 05 August 2021 - 09:13 AM.

#13 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2021 - 10:33 AM

1. At least give a reward list since your master kRO already released it, you don't have to list the exact odds but at least let players know what they can get.

2. Making the invitation a cash shop item with 1% chance is really stupid, I totally understand you want to make real money, but please don't be greedy friends.

3. Implementing a "safety zone" is a good idea originally, for example, it is good to protect players upon entering when a bio3 MVP is there, but again, you need to get it RIGHT, instead of warpping people out after a walking a few steps.

4. I am not sure if the MVP in CoP is FFA, if yes, please make a no KS rule in CoP due to your bad class imbalance. I saw almost no KSing while I was in CoP but an official statement will definitely make it super clear.

Edited by mic9010, 05 August 2021 - 10:35 AM.

#14 Volbeast

Volbeast

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 05:50 PM

My main issue is the same as before: every class that isn’t GX is trash. Seriously, if you don’t play GX then don’t bother with this. It pains me that new content is only accessible for one class. Even a well geared doram can’t solo much of anything.

Other classes are forced to form large parties and split flowers between 5+ people while GX’s can solo it. I hate being stuck making a decision to either play GX or stop playing the game. It’s a shame that every other class is a waste of time and space and even more of a shame that this has been brought up so many times and that nothing is done about it.

#15 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 05 August 2021 - 08:01 PM

My main issue is the same as before: every class that isn’t GX is trash. Seriously, if you don’t play GX then don’t bother with this. It pains me that new content is only accessible for one class. Even a well geared doram can’t solo much of anything.

Other classes are forced to form large parties and split flowers between 5+ people while GX’s can solo it. I hate being stuck making a decision to either play GX or stop playing the game. It’s a shame that every other class is a waste of time and space and even more of a shame that this has been brought up so many times and that nothing is done about it.

Solo with GX? its so hard, even i deem my GX is well geared

ED RG are far easier to solo than GX. even total investment of the ED RG is cheaper than GX

I play RG, RK (i dont play RKDB though), SC, and GX

GX: need Tankers and Sac, you are the killer even with GX-Sura-RG-WL party setup, we still need the WL to be the additional DPS
RG ED: easiest to solo

RG range: same role as GX, DPS, cant be sac-ed, need tanker (sura) and support (AB) or performers

RG sac: sac and buff, sometime kings grace also help

RK phys: Rhydo Nuker, tank a bit

SC bow: 95% same as RG Range, DPS

SC MA: same, DPS

SC backstab: same, DPS

it is the POINT of CoP, to make partyplay relevant again.

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 August 2021 - 08:40 PM

I bought some flowers from other players to support the econ and just to open for run out of RNG lol. Out of 500 flowers, I got one sealed card. Rates are good I suppose. Actually quite too good tbh lol

I'm looking forward to seeing 2-5m a flower or even lower, as well as witnessing some people complaining that there isnt anything worth farming or doing in iRO  :heh:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 05 August 2021 - 08:44 PM.

#17 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 08:41 PM

We already know what the secret prize is (sealed MVP) the question is, which ones?

jyQ85KS.png[/size]

0qux6aQ.png

Edited by bearl, 05 August 2021 - 08:43 PM.

#18 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 08:44 PM

I bought some flowers from other players to support the econ and just to open for run out of RNG lol. Out of 500 flowers, I got one sealed card. Rates are good I suppose. Actually quite too good tbh lol

I'm looking forward to seeing 2-5m a flower or even lower, as well as witnessing some people complaining that there isnt anything worth farming or doing in iRO  :heh:

charkri, sealed card no announcement?

#19 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 August 2021 - 10:10 PM

charkri, sealed card no announcement?

Didnt bother to notice. I just spammed the flowers lol

Spoiler

Edited by ChakriGuard, 05 August 2021 - 10:12 PM.

#20 ZHONGKAIH

ZHONGKAIH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 11:02 PM

I just wanna ask if we can have an accurate list of all cards that we can obtain from Sealed card album(10 flowers)? Does 'Sealed Drake Card' exist?

I found 'Sealed Drake Card' in local Ragnarok file but didn't find in divine pride change log sealed card list. 

I saw someone was selling that card in eden, he told me he got from phantom of corridor, however didn't show me the card, never knew if it is a troll. Also I saw someone was buying that card for 100b zeny in eden.

Here is Sealed Darke Card, the effect is 75% more damage to all size mob, armor card, very op and completely different from normal Drake Card.

https://www.divine-p...aled-drake-card

Edited by ZHONGKAIH, 05 August 2021 - 11:13 PM.

#21 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 12:26 AM

Sealed Chakri  :rolleyes: 

i assume there no announcement since, nobody noticed 

#22 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 06 August 2021 - 01:56 AM

This is just my opinion, but this is a really weird policy for WarpPortal upper management/kRO Team to double down on.

We're told as players that this event is for us to enjoy and play. We're told that the hope is that participation will continue and increase. And then we're told we can't actually know what the rewards are that we're playing for.

"We want everyone to login, participate, and provide feedback for the event! There are rewards here that should be enticing for players!"

"But you can't know exactly what you're logging in, participating, or providing feedback for. Trust us, the rewards are enticing for players!"

The team is dropping lists of the Kachua contents with percentage rates attached to them when they come in. The extra invitations to get into the instance for longer periods/more often come out of Kachua. So why are the potential rewards (a list of rewards & the rates for such rewards to come up) from a Kachua-locked item being hidden away from the player base? I still haven't heard a good, valid argument against it, to be honest.

#23 sokernet

sokernet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 05:44 AM

what sealed mvp card do you get?

#24 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 08:35 AM

Since Phantom Tickets can be obtained by purchasing Kachua keys which is real $$$ and as a client/customer perspective, ppls deserve the right to know what contents are we gettin when someone sells sumthin.

#25 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 06 August 2021 - 11:42 AM

Event became better. I'll ignore fact about p2w tickets.(Also player doesn't get kicked after sealed expired when using ticket. GM pls fix)

We want information or lists about flower trade.

Also this events can't fixed the problem benefit when doing party and solo. But tbh it is pretty fun event when doing with party.

But Please don't making it like season event. This should be one-time experience. Players love event like Talk like a Pirate : The Gilded Galapagos, farmable with party content plus exclusive rewards (Not to mean only costume or shadow gears). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users