Questions about leveling sorc and warlock - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Questions about leveling sorc and warlock

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 04:11 AM

Hello. I made a sorc and warlock during this booster event and got them both to level 130 using a booster rebellion. However, I really have no idea what skills to get and how to level both classes. Can you give me guide on skills and where/how to level? 

Currently, I have the free booster sets +10, booster costumes, +10 KOSC, 2pcs Spirit King Ring. 

I was told that both classes can benefit from these items. Also, I took the elemental booster set for both classes. 

#2 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2021 - 05:01 AM

Those two classes have soso many possible builds avaiable its kinda a hard question to answer,some builds play drastically different not due only to the skills you get but the gear.

Warlock Skill Tree + Stats | Munbalance - YouTube

Mayo's Warlock Guide - NovaRO: Wiki (novaragnarok.com)

Ara's Sorcerer Guide - NovaRO: Wiki (novaragnarok.com)

couldnt find a video sorc guide but there are those links.i dont personally use those specific builds but this is a good start.casters have a high learning curve but also have a big ceiling! have fun!

#3 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 August 2021 - 07:56 PM

Hello dear fellow RO player,

It is great to hear you have an invested interest in playing the two mage line classes, and there is no greater joy for everyone than to teach you the ropes.

Below I outline some of the main perks of the "for fun" pvm builds to get you to max level before you decide what actual role you want the Warlock and Sorcerer to play (do take time to read about what skills do on irowiki, below is just a very fast quick rundown to start you):

Sorcerer:

http://irowiki.org/~...nrFrAkDkAeB3In1

This is a very basic bread and butter pvm build made to get you to max level as fast as possible. Skill points remain in all 3 jobs, place them as you see fit.
Important from the 2nd class stage is using Indulge to recover SP at the cost of HP, free cast to allow some minimal movement while casting spells, Dispell is both useful in WoE and PvM/MvP, removes most buffs off a target,
As a Sorcerer, unless you have alot of cooldown reduction gears for your skills (OCP gears mostly), just cycle using the 4 main big AoE skills, psychic wave-diamond dust-varetyr spear-earth grave, the original definitive combo of sorcerers. You also have access to summoning all spirits, different levels will allow passive buffs to certain skills or effects.

Warlock:

http://irowiki.org/~...naFqnaSeBdo1In1

Probably the harder of the two classes to gear up and figure out how you want to play. Make no mistake, Warlock has greater damage potential than a Sorcerer, but does require an equivalent amount of gear investment to produce results. Same as Sorcerer skill build, this ones made for you to PvM to success before you figure out what you want to build your Warlock around.
As with the Sorcerer build, I left you many skill points to mix and match to your liking, there is no real way to build the skill as it all highly depends what endgame gear combination you want, notably from the 2nd job I left you at max level Soul Drain and max level Mystical Amp, these are the trumps of the wizard line and is what separates the wizards from the sages, Soul Drain to recover SP when you kill monsters with targeted spells, and mystical Amp to give you the boost to your next spell, meaning the need to reach max INT is not as imperative as with Sorcerer, more breathing room to get the rest of your stats before maxing out your INT for damage. Storm gust is probably the most retarded spell that does everything you want, stop targets via frozen and does a good chunk of damage, good to use as a h/wiz but you will drop off later possibly. Gravitional Field is your definitive best, hands down Neutral AoE elemental skill aside from the warlocks Comet skill.
With Warlock comes the big boy AOE skills, Crimson Rock and Soul Expansion(aka white doritos) are the bread and butter skills, with Jackfrost to frozen targets and chain lightning for some fun. You can't get anything wrong here, this is possibly the fastest way to reach max level. Drain life to help recover HP from a single target, and recognised spell to help your spells reach the highest variance in damage.

These are just the basic of the most basics for you to start off as with playing these two classes. People will probably tell you they have other opinions than what I have presented to you, and that's okay, these two classes have so many ways you can play it, no playstyle can be said to be the single best.

Happy leveling.

#4 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 02:01 AM

Those two classes have soso many possible builds avaiable its kinda a hard question to answer,some builds play drastically different not due only to the skills you get but the gear.

Warlock Skill Tree + Stats | Munbalance - YouTube

Mayo's Warlock Guide - NovaRO: Wiki (novaragnarok.com)

Ara's Sorcerer Guide - NovaRO: Wiki (novaragnarok.com)

couldnt find a video sorc guide but there are those links.i dont personally use those specific builds but this is a good start.casters have a high learning curve but also have a big ceiling! have fun!

Hey thanks! Will read on these. I was a bit skeptical about using a guide from private servers since there are some changes in skills in some of them but I guess these ones are quite similar with IRO. 

Hello dear fellow RO player,

It is great to hear you have an invested interest in playing the two mage line classes, and there is no greater joy for everyone than to teach you the ropes.

Below I outline some of the main perks of the "for fun" pvm builds to get you to max level before you decide what actual role you want the Warlock and Sorcerer to play (do take time to read about what skills do on irowiki, below is just a very fast quick rundown to start you):

Sorcerer:

http://irowiki.org/~...nrFrAkDkAeB3In1

This is a very basic bread and butter pvm build made to get you to max level as fast as possible. Skill points remain in all 3 jobs, place them as you see fit.
Important from the 2nd class stage is using Indulge to recover SP at the cost of HP, free cast to allow some minimal movement while casting spells, Dispell is both useful in WoE and PvM/MvP, removes most buffs off a target,
As a Sorcerer, unless you have alot of cooldown reduction gears for your skills (OCP gears mostly), just cycle using the 4 main big AoE skills, psychic wave-diamond dust-varetyr spear-earth grave, the original definitive combo of sorcerers. You also have access to summoning all spirits, different levels will allow passive buffs to certain skills or effects.

Warlock:

http://irowiki.org/~...naFqnaSeBdo1In1

Probably the harder of the two classes to gear up and figure out how you want to play. Make no mistake, Warlock has greater damage potential than a Sorcerer, but does require an equivalent amount of gear investment to produce results. Same as Sorcerer skill build, this ones made for you to PvM to success before you figure out what you want to build your Warlock around.
As with the Sorcerer build, I left you many skill points to mix and match to your liking, there is no real way to build the skill as it all highly depends what endgame gear combination you want, notably from the 2nd job I left you at max level Soul Drain and max level Mystical Amp, these are the trumps of the wizard line and is what separates the wizards from the sages, Soul Drain to recover SP when you kill monsters with targeted spells, and mystical Amp to give you the boost to your next spell, meaning the need to reach max INT is not as imperative as with Sorcerer, more breathing room to get the rest of your stats before maxing out your INT for damage. Storm gust is probably the most retarded spell that does everything you want, stop targets via frozen and does a good chunk of damage, good to use as a h/wiz but you will drop off later possibly. Gravitional Field is your definitive best, hands down Neutral AoE elemental skill aside from the warlocks Comet skill.
With Warlock comes the big boy AOE skills, Crimson Rock and Soul Expansion(aka white doritos) are the bread and butter skills, with Jackfrost to frozen targets and chain lightning for some fun. You can't get anything wrong here, this is possibly the fastest way to reach max level. Drain life to help recover HP from a single target, and recognised spell to help your spells reach the highest variance in damage.

These are just the basic of the most basics for you to start off as with playing these two classes. People will probably tell you they have other opinions than what I have presented to you, and that's okay, these two classes have so many ways you can play it, no playstyle can be said to be the single best.

Happy leveling.

Hello! 

Thank you for this! 

My problem now is that I kinda rushed the leveling to 130 and i have like job level 20 or 21 both both WL and Sorc. And currently, i'm trying to level up on abyss lake but having problems with the gold acidus since it has elemental reduction. What skill can you suggest I use against it? 

Also, in the skill progression, what do you suggest I prioritize? 

#5 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 02:39 PM

I have been tinkering with my warlock since there is a free unlimited stat reset. 

I bought spell books for crimson rock and comet and have enough skill points for recognize spell, release, comet 5, and crimson rock 2. My problem here is that the damage from comet is not instant and i still need 2 red gemstone on top of the huge sp cost. 

I’m going to reset again and try 

1. Crimson rock max, with chain lightning and jack frost - my problem with this is i’m currently leveling on abyss lake and acidus gold takes reduced damage.

2. Soul expansion - I dont have the equipment for soul expansion. 

I have 100% variable cast time reduction right now through my gears namely: 

20% +9 CoD 

13% +10 Elemental Booster Robe

10% Elemental Booster Earring

5%.  Tree Sprout

20% Transcendental Armor Set

30% FAW Spell19

8%.  Temp Dex Boots 

5%.  Clip from booster set

If I wear celine ribbon with celine brooch and celine brooch type K, do I get both the bonuses from the set items? 

What gears can you suggest? 

Also, do you cast safety wall every time? 

#6 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 August 2021 - 04:01 PM

I have been tinkering with my warlock since there is a free unlimited stat reset.

I bought spell books for crimson rock and comet and have enough skill points for recognize spell, release, comet 5, and crimson rock 2. My problem here is that the damage from comet is not instant and i still need 2 red gemstone on top of the huge sp cost.

I’m going to reset again and try
1. Crimson rock max, with chain lightning and jack frost - my problem with this is i’m currently leveling on abyss lake and acidus gold takes reduced damage.
2. Soul expansion - I dont have the equipment for soul expansion.

I have 100% variable cast time reduction right now through my gears namely:
20% +9 CoD
13% +10 Elemental Booster Robe
10% Elemental Booster Earring
5%. Tree Sprout
20% Transcendental Armor Set
30% FAW Spell19
8%. Temp Dex Boots
5%. Clip from booster set

If I wear celine ribbon with celine brooch and celine brooch type K, do I get both the bonuses from the set items?

What gears can you suggest?

Also, do you cast safety wall every time?

Hellohello,

Yes the Celine combo for both will function at the same time.

You may want to look at doing the access quests to get into Scarab Hall, one of the better leveling places for magic classes, as fire damage from Crimson rock would do well there, and a Sorcerer using ifrit summon Level 2 to change their psychic wave to fire element damage.

At acidus, its hard for the mages as its holy elemental monsters, but a Warlock can potentially use Gravitational Field to kill, and Sorcerers Psychic wave is Neutral as well.

The two mage classes have a high learning curve but continue to go slow and steady and you will win the race!

#7 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 01:28 PM

Hellohello,

Yes the Celine combo for both will function at the same time.

You may want to look at doing the access quests to get into Scarab Hall, one of the better leveling places for magic classes, as fire damage from Crimson rock would do well there, and a Sorcerer using ifrit summon Level 2 to change their psychic wave to fire element damage.

At acidus, its hard for the mages as its holy elemental monsters, but a Warlock can potentially use Gravitational Field to kill, and Sorcerers Psychic wave is Neutral as well.

The two mage classes have a high learning curve but continue to go slow and steady and you will win the race!

Yeah. I’m really dreading doing the quests for Scaraba. I’m kinda stuck right now with Crimson Rock and Soul Expansion since I forgot to reset before the maintenance. 

I was using Psychic Wave but the damage is not enough. 

What tricks do you use to survive when being attacked by large mobs? Also, how do you safely level up? I know I can pick targets off one by one but its just a waste of SP sometimes so I go for large groups but I end up dead. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users