Brazillian RO is abandoned since Warpportal stepped in - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Brazillian RO is abandoned since Warpportal stepped in

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 InLimbo

InLimbo

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 01:53 PM

I've read the rules and hopefully I'm not breaking any by posting here and about this issue.

I'm posting here because Warpportal Brazil is completely insulated from the community and Campitor came to Brazil once. I know this won't make a difference but whatever, I'd like to record this here.

If I recall correctly it was in 2018 that Warpportal stepped in. And apparently the company that used to take care of the game now only takes care of marketing, translations, player payments and support. That means they cannot question Warpportal/Gravity's plans (or lack of) anymore. Honestly nothing changed. The previous company already didn't listen to the community. However It was hoped things would improve a bit, since Gravity would be watching closer. It didn't though. Two years ago Campitor himself came here and showed up in video with the local CM in order to answer some questions from the community. He said the Brazillian server was important, that anyone could propose changes and game a glimpse on what was to come. So at least they seemed to bother. Two years later though the servers' player count are dwindling, the market is dead, the game is far too p2w even in the pay to play server, our content is stuck in 2015 and at the same time they keep adding newer overpowered gear (through cash shop...), botching the whole game progression, as everything else is useless. All maps are empty, groups are no more. The only things breathing some life into the server are WoEs (where only the most pumped up on cash can play) and -_-ty MvP events (guess what, where only the most pumped up on cash can play), that is, old players that are in the verge of quitting (half the shops in Prontera are @quit).

#2 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 August 2021 - 03:24 PM

Support for official RO games is on their new mobile ventures. They have little to no respect for the game that put them on the map. This has been clear since RO2 that they want to move away from being a 1 trick pony, but fact is they just aren't very good at other tricks.

#3 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 16 August 2021 - 06:51 PM

All maps are empty, groups are no more. The only things breathing some life into the server are WoEs (where only the most pumped up on cash can play) and -_-ty MvP events (guess what, where only the most pumped up on cash can play), that is, old players that are in the verge of quitting (half the shops in Prontera are @quit).

You just described the current state of Thor server, wlecome and enjoy your stay. Don't worry because we have a lot of refreshing Kachua beverage that'll definitely keep you coming back for more.

Edited by Usurper, 16 August 2021 - 06:54 PM.

#4 IDexter

IDexter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBeyond the wall

Posted 17 August 2021 - 12:37 AM

sounds like iro hmmmmm

#5 Nicomatics

Nicomatics

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationPort Malaya
  • Server:pRO Chaos, iRO Thor

Posted 17 August 2021 - 04:37 AM

Ah! Sounds like iRO indeed. I was reading about Brazil RO and I found out that it is under Level Up! Interactive, whose parent company, the Level Up Games/Playpark Philippines published pRO from 2003 to 2015 before being shut down locally and merged to the Warp Portal/Gravity Interactive's iRO.

Now that Warp Portal is stepping into Brazil RO... uh nope... I don't see any pattern here.  kekw-kewkwait.gif

#6 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 18 August 2021 - 11:02 PM

thor there :kek:

#7 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil, land of the hue
  • Server:The nostalgic one

Posted 19 August 2021 - 11:30 AM

Two years later though the servers' player count are dwindling, the market is dead, the game is far too p2w even in the pay to play server, our content is stuck in 2015 and at the same time they keep adding newer overpowered gear (through cash shop...), botching the whole game progression, as everything else is useless. 

Logged in this old account of mine just to agree with this sad and true report. Seems like WarpPortalBR believes RO1 will sometime soon die (as the brazilian company's CEO just unironically affirmed in a podcast. You can imagine the backlash that happened lol), so they are milking the playerbase's money as much as they can, while they can - without bringing any kind of interesting news/updates/episodes - after all, it has no real future, through their eyes. Updates take very long time and only bring that which even poor private servers have.

They take an eternity to copy-paste other official server's content and bring to us as if it was hand-made, while there is nothing exclusive, ever. The gap between bRO and iRO/jRO/kRO and even twRO only gets bigger and bigger, instead of shortening.

The only things breathing some life into the server are WoEs (where only the most pumped up on cash can play)

This is the point I need to make a note: WoE is indeed still alive, but exclusively because of brazilian community's competitive appetite. And a fun fact: bRO's main guy ("our Campitor", called Rufio) recently made a speech showing absolute disgust about the WoE/PvP scene, stating something along the lines that brazilians unfortunately enjoy that barbarian kind of gameplay, so the staff kinda has to tolerate it (but that explains why there hasn't been ANY attention to the WoE - no event, no update, absolutely nothing.

Castle drops are a joke compared to how much people spend to play a single WoE, and not a single godly is a META option - except for mjol for EB)

It's even kinda funny how out of reality they are. They think that GAMERS enjoy costumes, girly and silly stuff (perhaps because the staff is all female/affeminate), while all the whales (few players who dispend a ridiculous ammount of money on the game) do it for the WoE/PVP scene.

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 August 2021 - 11:46 AM

It's even kinda funny how out of reality they are. They think that GAMERS enjoy costumes, girly and silly stuff (perhaps because the staff is all female/affeminate), while all the whales (few players who dispend a ridiculous ammount of money on the game) do it for the WoE/PVP scene.

^

Bring in GIOIA!

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 August 2021 - 09:43 PM

tfw ppl dig their own hole