Bring back regional prices - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bring back regional prices

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 10:19 AM

So, I'm kind of a long time player in iRO (started back in 2014) and I have realized that WP ended regional prices about 1 year ago.

The thing is, almost every game/company/platform has regional prices. Check steam, for example, when they charge Americans 60USD for a game, they charge brazilians R$ 160, when the conversion ratio is 5 to 1 right now. Why do they do that? It's simple, its better to sell at a lower price than to not sell at all.

If you research, you will see that most brazilians get R$ 1,100 a month, which is around 209 USD. 10k WPE at the moment is exactly R$521.16, meaning that it is HALF of our wage.

For a game that is HEAVILY based in investing money, considering that most gears in meta come from cash shop roulette's, its unreal to charge half of someone's wage for cash items.

Back then, regional prices were applied. We could afford VIP, buy some OCPs and other cash shop items when we had some spare money, now we cant even buy VIP. Does Warpportal not care about Brazilian and other nationalities players? I'm pretty sure that they need players, considering that the game is basically dead, where most players are just vendors/bots/afks. So why try to push your playerbase away?

For those from other nationalities, please support this claim. A MMORPG with no players is no MMO at all. This game needs a bigger playerbase, and not applying regional prices will only kill it faster.

Edited by Griffin2, 24 August 2021 - 10:20 AM.

#2 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 August 2021 - 11:01 AM

No. People that benefited from regional price will exploited this by selling cheap wpe to the rest of players. No just no. I’m sorry that you guys making less. But there are many country such as Indonesia I believe their average monthly income is somewhat close to you guys or even less and they don’t have such so called “regional price”.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 August 2021 - 12:52 PM

"You can't have a nice thing because i don't have a nice thing, F you"

Edited by Ashuckel, 24 August 2021 - 12:53 PM.

#4 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 01:03 PM

No. People that benefited from regional price will exploited this by selling cheap wpe to the rest of players. No just no. I’m sorry that you guys making less. But there are many country such as Indonesia I believe their average monthly income is somewhat close to you guys or even less and they don’t have such so called “regional price”.

The thing is, we always had regional prices and ALL brazilians suffered because of the mistakes of a few. It just makes so hard for other countries to play with no regional prices, its stupid.

Specially when the WPE selling is something WP can fix with bans or whatever.

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 August 2021 - 05:03 PM

I dont mind paying $5 or so instead of $10. What a great discount! Hell I used to pay $10/k to support the server but after the 2018 incident (iRO has never reached 3k online again lol), nope ... no way I will still love and want to support WP like I used to. Pretty sure many WoE whales who quit feel the same well. Let's hope iRO will get 185 update before ThaiRO. At least we are are pro because we can AFK kill some MvPs lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 24 August 2021 - 05:08 PM.

#6 tlc9711LOgo

tlc9711LOgo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 August 2021 - 06:52 PM

Nah, dont just talk about regional price even. Their website so buggy that you can't even buy WP... lol

#7 nost99

nost99

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 07:29 PM

wow nice thing just for yours...all yours huh ;)

#8 nost99

nost99

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 07:30 PM

get real...even LV dont have their regional price

#9 sokernet

sokernet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 08:39 PM

i remember when brazilian selling cheap wpe due to regional price. people make money from it by reselling.

#10 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 12:17 AM

The thing is, almost every game/company/platform has regional prices. Check steam, for example, when they charge Americans 60USD for a game, they charge brazilians R$ 160, when the conversion ratio is 5 to 1 right now. Why do they do that? It's simple, its better to sell at a lower price than to not sell at all.

If you research, you will see that most brazilians get R$ 1,100 a month, which is around 209 USD. 10k WPE at the moment is exactly R$521.16, meaning that it is HALF of our wage.

you guys are getting higher wage and still getting lower steam prices?

will_poulter.PNG

#11 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 25 August 2021 - 01:43 AM

gravity's approach is to give you regional server.

#12 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 03:26 AM

wow nice thing just for yours...all yours huh ;)

Come on, you are smarter than that... Its REGIONAL prices, not Brazilian prices. If your region has a poor financial background, you should also get regional prices smarto.

I dont mind paying $5 or so instead of $10. What a great discount! Hell I used to pay $10/k to support the server but after the 2018 incident (iRO has never reached 3k online again lol), nope ... no way I will still love and want to support WP like I used to. Pretty sure many WoE whales who quit feel the same well. Let's hope iRO will get 185 update before ThaiRO. At least we are are pro because we can AFK kill some MvPs lol

Its a almost dead game. If they dont try to attract more players, or bring back the old ones, it will die soon enough. First EU ban got rid of a huge player base, than regional prices got rid of most brazilians and other region players, now Kachuas are getting rid of a ton of players as well, considering you have to spend more to get less...

you guys are getting higher wage and still getting lower steam prices?

will_poulter.PNG

???????????????????????????????????

gravity's approach is to give you regional server.

Yeah, a -_-ty, even more outdated than iRO, even more pay to win than iRO server, where they sell mvp cards in the cash shop and nerf every single way you can make zeny ingame.

#13 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 25 August 2021 - 06:51 AM

Regional price just making a so called “doctor” in Brazil starts selling wpe instead of working in the hospital helping patients.

#14 BIGGGGGGGGGG

BIGGGGGGGGGG

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 10:32 AM

New server when?

#15 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 10:39 AM

Its a almost dead game. If they dont try to attract more players, or bring back the old ones, it will die soon enough. First EU ban got rid of a huge player base, than regional prices got rid of most brazilians and other region players, now Kachuas are getting rid of a ton of players as well, considering you have to spend more to get less...

Well, the EU block mainly affected Classic. That's why Classic died. EU block didn't really affect Chaos much tbh.

The regional price did get rid of many Brazilians but thats only fair. Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, etc all are some underdeveloped countries they never have that privilege to enjoy a regional price. Most importantly, living in a 3rd world country doesn't automatically make you poor as much as living in a so-called first world country doesn't automatically make you rich.

Kachue being expensive and less people spend money only means that slower updates will come to iRO. If iRO closed, I dont think it'd affect Gravity much anyway because iRO isn't that profitable to begin with. That's why they are focusing on ThaiRO and other more whaling areas. People can opt to play private servers but we know most private severs don't last. Though thay might be a good thing. Nothing lasts anyway

I wonder where are those people who said the 2018 xmax event was the best event everrrrrrr lol. They should come back to support Camp and iRO at least .. smfh

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 10:41 AM

New server when?

When Camp wants to boost iRO's revenue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users