Add items to buy directly from Cash Shop - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Add items to buy directly from Cash Shop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#1 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 04:14 AM

Why not add some items to be bought directly for KP in the cash shop?

Brazilian RO does this thing where every week (maintenance) they have some items to be brought directly from the cash shop (like a rotation of items). Why not do that here? Since Kachua (a really bad system) only has a few items every month, make a rotative cash shop, with old items to be added every week. That way we wont need firesale, Kachua will keep generating money and there will also be a new way for WP to generate income.

#2 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 06:48 AM

Lol look at Brazilian RO now.

#3 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 07:26 AM

Lol look at Brazilian RO now.

The server is -_-, but that is a good feature. You cant deny it...

#4 WhyUs

WhyUs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 September 2021 - 08:31 PM

thats how they make profit to run the server, rng box all the way.

#5 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 September 2021 - 09:01 PM

No it's not. If it's a good feature, the game wouldn't be in such a bad state. As a matter of fact, RO used to thrive way before the Kafra shop became so big. It survived so well for so long off the subscription system but eventually they wanted "more". That "more" resulted in more for a moment there but ended up in a steady and heavy decline over the following years.

Why do you think they keep trying to recreate classic servers? It's simply because they realized that was the best point in time for generating steady profit. However by the time classic rolled around, it was already too late. They couldn't regain the dedicated player base they lost and it all eventually spiraled downhill until it became a husk of what it used to be.

Edited by Quoc, 01 September 2021 - 09:07 PM.

#6 nost99

nost99

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 02:16 AM

yeah put mvp card in cash shop

#7 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 02 September 2021 - 02:48 AM

loot box, has it's beauty.

if a 1% item in kachua is placed directly into the cashshop
300KP * 100? would you even pay for it?

or let's say a drastic discount, a fraction of it ([300KP * 100] * 0.2) = 6000KP
would you pay for it now?
a Celine Dress/IgnisCap type K 6000KP /pcs

how much to you, is reasonable for the item to be priced at? 

#8 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 September 2021 - 04:00 AM

Features that generate more money shouldn't be a benchmark that players use for good content.

The game staying operational is the very least a game company should do, and we shouldn't be praising bad decisions using the fact that it keeps the doors open as a barometer for success. You can run a Ragnarok Server on a toaster. If a server is dying it is because of a lack of interesting playable content, a lack of players making friends, ruined economy, and players achieving their goals without reason to play.

To that point, I think there has been far too much talk on the forums about how we want X item in the cash shop (or how we want to pay for it). This community is so brainwashed it is literally begging to be fleeced. If the server were to close tomorrow, what would you have? No real memories, no real achievements to reflect upon, and nothing tangible to remember the game by.

#9 2999140515055616440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 04:37 AM

No it's not. If it's a good feature, the game wouldn't be in such a bad state. As a matter of fact, RO used to thrive way before the Kafra shop became so big. It survived so well for so long off the subscription system but eventually they wanted "more". That "more" resulted in more for a moment there but ended up in a steady and heavy decline over the following years.

Why do you think they keep trying to recreate classic servers? It's simply because they realized that was the best point in time for generating steady profit. However by the time classic rolled around, it was already too late. They couldn't regain the dedicated player base they lost and it all eventually spiraled downhill until it became a husk of what it used to be.

Out of curiosity, in which year does the subscription system ended in iRO?

#10 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 09:02 AM

The thing is, if we're having OP Kafra shop items, i'd rather pay for one directly, than have to go for this "lottery" system that sucks.

yeah put mvp card in cash shop

No one is talking about MVP cards smartass.

loot box, has it's beauty.

if a 1% item in kachua is placed directly into the cashshop
300KP * 100? would you even pay for it?

or let's say a drastic discount, a fraction of it ([300KP * 100] * 0.2) = 6000KP
would you pay for it now?
a Celine Dress/IgnisCap type K 6000KP /pcs

how much to you, is reasonable for the item to be priced at? 

Indeed if they added the same items as Kachua, it would be expensive. But some items that are not added in kachua anymore and are either old OCP items or out of meta items could be added directly through Kafra Shop, with a more reasonable price, in a way that you dont have to spend tons in a RNG based system to maybe get it.

As an example, the brazilian server has some items that come through "lottery" and some that are sold directly in Cash shop, with a reasonable price. Usually those are either old lottery items or new and not so OP items.

Features that generate more money shouldn't be a benchmark that players use for good content.

The game staying operational is the very least a game company should do, and we shouldn't be praising bad decisions using the fact that it keeps the doors open as a barometer for success. You can run a Ragnarok Server on a toaster. If a server is dying it is because of a lack of interesting playable content, a lack of players making friends, ruined economy, and players achieving their goals without reason to play.

To that point, I think there has been far too much talk on the forums about how we want X item in the cash shop (or how we want to pay for it). This community is so brainwashed it is literally begging to be fleeced. If the server were to close tomorrow, what would you have? No real memories, no real achievements to reflect upon, and nothing tangible to remember the game by.

They are already generating money, so why not add a way to make it good for players as well? I mean, would you rather have the option to buy old OCP items directly from the cash shop, or wait for them to come in a random Kachua to have a slim chance of getting, while also having the chance of ending up with 2 BBs, 10 alchemist boxes and other useless stuff that are not close to being worth what you paid?

#11 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 10:56 AM

It's not really possible to have an in-depth discussion about RO's lootbox mentality on this forum, because to do so would require a good hard look at how important the cyclic lootbox business model is to players who do RMT.

And we are, of course, not allowed to discuss RMT on this forum.

#12 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 02 September 2021 - 05:38 PM

KRO have better solution than what you suggested.
They added some of cash items to be dropped directly from mobs.
EX : Currently in KRO Celine's Brooch and Celine's Dress are dropped directly from Celine Kimi.

Edited by Sigma1, 02 September 2021 - 05:38 PM.

#13 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 September 2021 - 06:48 PM

If OCP was a weed, that feature that bRO has is a cocaine lol

Players would enjoy it "initially" but the side effects would kill the server. That's why bRO is so bad (probably worse than iRO from what I heard/was told and I thought no server would be worse than iRO)

Edited by ChakriGuard, 02 September 2021 - 06:49 PM.

#14 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 02 September 2021 - 10:55 PM

iRO kachua suck. Selling useless items for kachua. That why everyone love Refine stones Kachua boxs.

Good items?
- Aspersio scrolls

- Shinning Def scrolls

- Token ,Kafra or "Party Hard Packs"

#15 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 03:55 AM

KRO have better solution than what you suggested.
They added some of cash items to be dropped directly from mobs.
EX : Currently in KRO Celine's Brooch and Celine's Dress are dropped directly from Celine Kimi.

This was pretty much my point. Why ask for another way to siphon money from us when we should be asking for a way to earn items via in-game means? WP isn't likely to make either change, but we should at least be asking for the right thing instead of conceding to what we think they will be more likely to do for financial gain. So no, I would rather not buy items full price in 1 shot, I would prefer that over RNG if I had to choose between the two. BUT there is a third option to obtain the items via in-game means that I would rather choose.

They could do the same thing with enriched ores. Say you turn in regular ores for an HD / Enriched version (like how 5 rough elu = 1 elu). That might funnel a lot of dollars out of their pockets short term, but once the market normalizes they might have a larger player base that spends money on ore sometimes. It would provide players with a revenue stream in-game (farming elu / ori for zeny) and introduce more people to the value of premium ores (that they might then purchase for real money in the future).

Edited by Scuba, 03 September 2021 - 03:57 AM.

#16 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 05:41 AM

If OCP was a weed, that feature that bRO has is a cocaine lol

Players would enjoy it "initially" but the side effects would kill the server. That's why bRO is so bad (probably worse than iRO from what I heard/was told and I thought no server would be worse than iRO)

Care to explain how a rotation of items on cash shop would be worst than this -_-ty rng lottery we have?

Also, bRO sucks because of the staff, mvp cards in cash shop, really outdated content (they dont even have rockridge). But they do have some nice things, like the rotational cash shop and some events that allow free to play players to have a bit of fun, like the "Royal Hunt" (https://browiki.org/...iki/Caçada_Real) that is going on, the easter event that allowed people to get refine certificates from herbs (https://browiki.org/wiki/P%C3%A1scoa), and Brasilis Fest that has some pretty nice gear (https://browiki.org/wiki/Festival_de_Brasilis). 

This was pretty much my point. Why ask for another way to siphon money from us when we should be asking for a way to earn items via in-game means? WP isn't likely to make either change, but we should at least be asking for the right thing instead of conceding to what we think they will be more likely to do for financial gain. So no, I would rather not buy items full price in 1 shot, I would prefer that over RNG if I had to choose between the two. BUT there is a third option to obtain the items via in-game means that I would rather choose.

They could do the same thing with enriched ores. Say you turn in regular ores for an HD / Enriched version (like how 5 rough elu = 1 elu). That might funnel a lot of dollars out of their pockets short term, but once the market normalizes they might have a larger player base that spends money on ore sometimes. It would provide players with a revenue stream in-game (farming elu / ori for zeny) and introduce more people to the value of premium ores (that they might then purchase for real money in the future).

Of course that would be a WAY better alternative, but we all know it wont happen. WP and Gravity want to syphon as much money from players as they can, so why not make it a little bit better for us? Of course I would love to be able to drop all the gear I want from instances, mvps and whatever, but since we have to spend money, I would rather get something I want than some random useless item from kachua.

(btw, I have not spent a dime on iRO since Kachuas came out, my complains are simply because some normal items prices have skyrocketed because the rotation only happens monthly with a really slim chance of getting items. HBP for example)

Edited by Griffin2, 03 September 2021 - 06:17 AM.

#17 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 03 September 2021 - 06:12 AM

playing in iRO feels like living in a third world country (kRO would be a first world country). we get everything 2 o 3 years later (even 4, For example the third job taekwon class), while kRO has the last generation technology.

about the main topic, i'd like to see Temporal stats manteaus in kafra shop like kRO.

Edited by nazhioozh, 03 September 2021 - 06:19 AM.

#18 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 03 September 2021 - 10:07 AM

Care to explain how a rotation of items on cash shop would be worst than this -_-ty rng lottery we have?

Also, bRO sucks because of the staff, mvp cards in cash shop, really outdated content (they dont even have rockridge). But they do have some nice things, like the rotational cash shop and some events that allow free to play players to have a bit of fun, like the "Royal Hunt" (https://browiki.org/...iki/Caçada_Real) that is going on, the easter event that allowed people to get refine certificates from herbs (https://browiki.org/wiki/P%C3%A1scoa), and Brasilis Fest that has some pretty nice gear (https://browiki.org/...val_de_Brasilis). 

Its bad for the company, better for us in short term but overall bad for both company and players in a long tern.

Say ... a rare item has 1% and one box costs 300 KP. Would you rather pay 30,000 KP to get that 1% rare item? I mean, if you agree to pay, I think it's ok I guess to put a rare item in cash shop where players can buy straightout for 30,000 KP.

#19 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 10:34 AM

Its bad for the company, better for us in short term but overall bad for both company and players in a long tern.

Say ... a rare item has 1% and one box costs 300 KP. Would you rather pay 30,000 KP to get that 1% rare item? I mean, if you agree to pay, I think it's ok I guess to put a rare item in cash shop where players can buy straightout for 30,000 KP.

Thats not how the conversion should work tho. Let me get a real example from bRO:

Catherina Von Blood is through direct sale on kafra shop this week. It came like 2 or 3 times through ticket (would be their OCP/lottery system) at 0.1% ~ 0.3%.

Each ticket costs around 1k Rops (their KP), at lets say 0.2% chance, would be like 500k Rops. However, they are selling if for 12k Rops (as you can see, waaaay below this dumb conversion method).

Im not asking for new items that are on kachua to be added through direct sale. Im asking for the cash shop to have a rotation, with old items that have been on OCPs and kachuas a long time ago to be sold through direct sale, at a reasonable price.

#20 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 03 September 2021 - 01:11 PM

then. why would iRO be dumb,
got money don't want earn. 

there's such a thing call firesales.
Warpportal will re-release previous OCP lootbox to be available for all. for a limited period of time
it's an "event" afterall

Im not asking for new items that are on kachua to be added through direct sale. Im asking for the cash shop to have a rotation, with old items that have been on OCPs and kachuas a long time ago to be sold through direct sale, at a reasonable price.

Look at Tension/Elegant/Sentimental/Enchant Shadow on current kachua. thats what happen when they "recycle" same story for Retro Yggdrasill Ascension, they pick the worst -_-, it's either go big or go home
THAT IS DISGUSTING

#21 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 01:26 PM

then. why would iRO be dumb,
got money don't want earn. 

there's such a thing call firesales.
Warpportal will re-release previous OCP lootbox to be available for all. for a limited period of time
it's an "event" afterall

Look at Tension/Elegant/Sentimental/Enchant Shadow on current kachua. thats what happen when they "recycle" same story for Retro Yggdrasill Ascension, they pick the worst -_-, it's either go big or go home
THAT IS DISGUSTING

Firesales come once every who knows how many months. With the current low ammount of players i doubt they will even sell enough to lower item's prices, so yeah, not a good solution.

Also, they are dumb cause they'd rather loose their players than make this game less p2w rng and better for players.

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 03 September 2021 - 01:38 PM

forums is a terrible place to try to have a discussion these days, you'll only find ppl that want to be confrotational for the sake of it or to try and bait and spread salt and "dunk" on others. Ppl aren't interested in the conversation per se, just in the drama they can create on the thread using it as fuel.

The system has it's merits and it's flaws, and it's ultimately for WP(or kr) to decide how to monetize it or not. By nature lootboxes make a <snip> zillion more money so it's unlikely to change, other than alleviating the bad luck rng on those.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Please don't bypass word filter

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 05 September 2021 - 09:52 AM.

#23 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 02:17 PM

forums is a terrible place to try to have a discussion these days, you'll only find ppl that want to be confrotational for the sake of it or to try and bait and spread salt and "dunk" on others. Ppl aren't interested in the conversation per se, just in the drama they can create on the thread using it as fuel.

The system has it's merits and it's flaws, and it's ultimately for WP(or kr) to decide how to monetize it or not. By nature lootboxes make a <snip> zillion more money so it's unlikely to change, other than alleviating the bad luck rng on those.

Yeah, i feel like this game's community has come to a point where everyone wants to know more than the other... (or at least pretend like they know more)

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Fixed quote

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 05 September 2021 - 09:51 AM.

#24 Nicomatics

Nicomatics

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationPort Malaya
  • Server:pRO Chaos, iRO Thor

Posted 03 September 2021 - 02:37 PM

KEK. I think we've had the worse flamebaiters yearssss ago and probably years way before we got dumped here. Some familiar flamebaiting people retired probably the same time I went on hiatus and just lurking as one of those guests viewing iRO WP forums.  :p_devil: (Though there was balance because of many constructive people back then too!.  :p_idea: On unrelated note, I wish I could retrieve my old forums account. :<).

Anyhow, as for the topic, if you don't wanna RNG and still want to spend KP, go buy basic KP items like VIP boxes, HD/Enriched Ores during refine event, Heavy Weight Lifting Boxes, and other stuff that you could sell for zeny and then buy the items you need. I think market is more fluid in Chaos so you should be able to accomplish that pretty easily. Making in-game transactions can also help (or train) you grasp the market rather than directly buying these equipment off the cash shop market.

Edited by Nicomatics, 03 September 2021 - 02:38 PM.

#25 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 02:55 PM

KEK. I think we've had the worse flamebaiters yearssss ago and probably years way before we got dumped here. Some familiar flamebaiting people retired probably the same time I went on hiatus and just lurking as one of those guests viewing iRO WP forums.  :p_devil: (Though there was balance because of many constructive people back then too!.  :p_idea: On unrelated note, I wish I could retrieve my old forums account. :<).

Anyhow, as for the topic, if you don't wanna RNG and still want to spend KP, go buy basic KP items like VIP boxes, HD/Enriched Ores during refine event, Heavy Weight Lifting Boxes, and other stuff that you could sell for zeny and then buy the items you need. I think market is more fluid in Chaos so you should be able to accomplish that pretty easily. Making in-game transactions can also help (or train) you grasp the market rather than directly buying these equipment off the cash shop market.

The thing is that I dont want to buy KP lol. I want these items to come so their prices gets lower and i can buy them through farming lol.

Of course if it was an item i wanted badly i would pay, but in general, only farming,

Edited by Griffin2, 03 September 2021 - 02:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users