Returning player N>Help w/ items - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning player N>Help w/ items

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mayonakanoryu

Mayonakanoryu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 06:03 PM

The last time I played this game was around 2010. Needless to say, the item game has changed. I need a bit of guidance if low level items are still valuable if upgraded to +10. A common example would be a x3 slot stilleto. Back in my day *har har har* a thief type character wanted the 3 slots for cards to be slotted into. While leveling I noticed that you can receive eden training gear with base damage that is greater than what you can find - however no slots, can't upgrade. Have these low level items now become obsolete? I'm trying to plan out whether or not to save these items.

#2 Nicomatics

Nicomatics

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationPort Malaya
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:pRO Chaos, iRO Thor

Posted 25 September 2021 - 07:39 PM

You can check the iRO wiki page for each class to get an idea on what kind of items are being used nowadays. Some old items still have purpose, at least to help you level on certain maps. But if you're talking about the high end-game equipment, it's mostly based on cash items now, though you can still get some decent equipment (.e.g. Ranger's White Wing set) from in-game quests (Mora quest for WWSet) and decent weapons like Crimson weapons or Elven Bow for ranged classes dropped by certain monsters. Occasional event can give some good equipment too, notably the Scuba Mask [1], a slotted mid gear with +5ATK/MATK from the previous event and the current Royal Hunt that can give you free decent equipment that can be used as early as level 50. Very useful for new players.  If you just plan on playing PvM and some low level MvPs, these stuff can get you started. 

I do not recommend upgrading low level items at all, especially if you're tight on budget, unless you believe it will be useful for you in multiple occasions (e.g. if you plan to make another character that may use such equipment during early levels). Although with the current Royal Hunt quest, they give a lot of new equipment from daily quest so I believe it will be useful if you upgrade them. You can share this equipment with other characters too if you plant to make alternate characters. They can be used to help you on early level.

It's pretty easy to get into 3rd classes now, prolly within a week or two, depending on your gameplay and time. So upgrading low-level equipment will usually be not cost-effective at all since at some point you really must change into a different set of equipment, preferably that can be used at least by Transcendent jobs or the 3rd class.

EDIT: 

Edited by Nicomatics, 26 September 2021 - 05:43 AM.

#3 Mayonakanoryu

Mayonakanoryu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:00 PM

Can you still MVP w/o cash shop items?

#4 Nicomatics

Nicomatics

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationPort Malaya
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:pRO Chaos, iRO Thor

Posted 26 September 2021 - 06:09 AM

Yes, of course. Ranger, for example, is cheap yet powerful class that can do some low level MvPs like GTB, Orc Lord, Orc Hero, Mistress, Phreeoni, etc. And these MvPs have valuable cards that you can later sell to get some of those new cash stuff if you ever get lucky. I got a couple of items myself from hunting MvPs, and was able to afford some of these cash items by buying this off from whale players needing my stuff. I've only spent KPs on VIP subscriptions and some usables like Gym Pass, Clothing Dye, Kafra Cards, and Tokens (before they included free Tokens on VIP boxes). I just find it more exciting that it gives me reason to play when I have to play the actual game to get these stuff. Otherwise, if I get this easy by swiping my card on OCPs, what is left for me to play? I will have no reasons to play at all.  But then again, to each his own. Some players have their own reason to play. Others just want to do WoE/PvP and buying OCPs can help them achieve it really quickly while for people like myself, I wanted to explore the game by doing PvM/MvP and get geared to improve my PvP/WoE characters. If you believe you have the patience to hunt for MvPs, then you should start by investing on basic yet decent gears. The only challenge you have right now is when you have to compete with others on MvPs because they are mostly geared ones and can outright delete an MvP in once Meteor Assault or Arrow Storm. But I suggest that you start hunting MvP during non-peak hours like midnight or early morning so you can expect less competition.

I have elaborated about the Ranger class for starters in a previous thread so I'm just gonna quote what I said.

I still believe Arrow Storm-type Ranger is one, if not the most viable class for starters. White Wing Set should be cheap. Now that with Gargoyle in Low TI dropping Elven Bow, it should be cheaper as well. Elven Bow + Elven Arrow set is strong weapon for new players even with low weapon upgrade (converters work wonder to amplify damage based on monster element but not necessary because Arrow Storm can single shot most Low TI and Mid TI monsters.). Just slot it with 1 Archer Skeleton Card and it can help you run dungeons and even kill some low level MvPs with very limited gears. Autumn Headband is cheap as well, around 10m or less in my server and helps a ton in boosting AS damage (can instant cast AS too!). As for the arrows, you can resolve this by buying quivers in bulk (there's a quiver merchant near Code The Redeemer NPC in 2F Eden). Once you got the quivers, you can RODEX them to yourself by 5 to 10 quivers each RODEX mail (depending on your weight limit. You cannot open the quivers if your weight is >70% and has less than 10 inventory slots). The RODEX mail is good for 15 days so you shouldn't really worry much about running out of arrows.

May I just add that if you plan to MvP with this set up, getting WW Suit carded with elemental cards is almost necessary, notably Fire, Water, Wind, and Undead (or Unfrozen but usually Undead is more useful because it prevents Freeze debuff and Stone Curse), especially if you struggle with survivability. Elemental Converters (if you're using Elven Bow set) or Elemental Arrows (for non-Weapon/Arrow set like Crimson Bow or Big Crossbow).

You can also check some non-cash item builds on Youtube from different iRO players. Although at some point when you have to go level and the monsters become more challenging, you may need an item or two from those cash items to help you deal more damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users