What do 0% and sub-zero stats mean? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What do 0% and sub-zero stats mean?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Larry321

Larry321

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 10:38 AM

Example: https://irowiki.org/wiki/Fire

On the "Fire Property vs. other elements" table on the left, some stats are 0% or sub-zero. What do they mean? My understanding is 0% means no damage inflicted at all, correct? Does that translate as a miss? What about the sub-zero stats?

Edited by Larry321, 03 October 2021 - 10:39 AM.

#2 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 October 2021 - 02:26 PM

they absorb and heal instead of damage

#3 Larry321

Larry321

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 10:18 AM

they absorb and heal instead of damage

So 0% means the monsters absorb and heal nothing? -50% means half of my attack gets absorbed by the monsters and heals them? Regarding =50%, does that mean the other 50% of my attack does damage to the monsters?

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 04 October 2021 - 10:50 AM

thats how math works yes

#5 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 04 October 2021 - 05:19 PM

There are 2 scenarios.
1. Full endowment such as magical damage. : the minimum limit is alway 0% regardless of negative value on element table. Negative value doesn't heal target at all.
2. Partial endowment such as physical damage. : Negative value of endowed part will bite off the non-endowed part.
EX : You have 100 StatusAtk and 100 Fire-endowed EquipAtk.
Attacking Fire level 3 mobs causes your EquipAtk turns to -25.
This -25 will bite off the StatusAtk part = 100 - 25 = 75.
And similar to full endowment. The minimum limit still be 0 in case of the negative value exceed the non-endowed part. Can't heal target anyway.

Edited by Sigma1, 04 October 2021 - 05:19 PM.

#6 deopane0

deopane0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Server:Chaos Chaos

Posted 14 October 2021 - 10:36 AM

There are 2 scenarios.
1. Full endowment such as magical damage. : the minimum limit is alway 0% regardless of negative value on element table. Negative value doesn't heal target at all.
2. Partial endowment such as physical damage. : Negative value of endowed part will bite off the non-endowed part.
And similar to full endowment. The minimum limit still be 0 in case of the negative value exceed the non-endowed part. Can't heal target anyway.

How much endowment can I know a character has while playing? I just came back and found this explanation really interesting, so I wanted to dig in some more

Btw, the StatusAtk is how much Atk I have on the ctrl a tab? I never understood that very well and always thought there was something wrong on that info, but well, I only don't really know how it works, but I'd like to

#7 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 14 October 2021 - 04:36 PM

There are 2 scenarios.

i thought it heal, i was wrong all this time looks like. the attack will miss instead. or reduces the damages in thecase of half endow. and come to think of it when using same weapon element as mob it will make miss, never heal like u said. and vice versa.

what cause me to think it ll heal is when seeing the poison aoe attack of faceworm heal it and damages the player. i guess it probabaly shares same mechanic as ab sanctuary skill...

#8 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:38 PM

How much endowment can I know a character has while playing? I just came back and found this explanation really interesting, so I wanted to dig in some more

Btw, the StatusAtk is how much Atk I have on the ctrl a tab? I never understood that very well and always thought there was something wrong on that info, but well, I only don't really know how it works, but I'd like to

Usually only one element has been endowed.
Btw there's a few cases that some of damage behave 2 elements in one attack. It's called pseudo elemental.

The StatusAtk is the value of Atk in status window that is before "+" symbol.
Btw the actual value is 2x of that value showed.

Edited by Sigma1, 14 October 2021 - 05:40 PM.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 October 2021 - 07:50 AM

In 60%~70% of the cases only 1 (All magic, a lot of physical skills)

30~40% two...kinda. A lot of physical damage skills(and auto attacks) dont convert your status atk when calculating damage. So in those cases you have your weapon/skill element+ status atk element.(Status atk is neutral unless endowed specifically by Mild Wind)

1%? Doesn't really change anything on the final element of damage dealt, resistance wise, but goes through multiple stages of conversion/in different parts of your atk. Grand Cross, naturally neutral status atk, weapon element is taken into consideration for calculating dmg, it's finally converted to holy again at the end(magic portion doesnt interact with any of this and is always holy)

#10 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 02:02 PM

I think of this thread as a mortal combat mantra. Finish HIM!!!

#11 deopane0

deopane0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Server:Chaos Chaos

Posted 17 October 2021 - 01:56 AM

In 60%~70% of the cases only 1 (All magic, a lot of physical skills)

30~40% two...kinda. A lot of physical damage skills(and auto attacks) dont convert your status atk when calculating damage. So in those cases you have your weapon/skill element+ status atk element.(Status atk is neutral unless endowed specifically by Mild Wind)

1%? Doesn't really change anything on the final element of damage dealt, resistance wise, but goes through multiple stages of conversion/in different parts of your atk. Grand Cross, naturally neutral status atk, weapon element is taken into consideration for calculating dmg, it's finally converted to holy again at the end(magic portion doesnt interact with any of this and is always holy)

Dang, it can really get more difficult then... I suppose I'll stay with the basics for now but I'll save this topic to read it again later when I get more experience with skills in the game, but thanks nevertheless for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users