How can I report bots? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How can I report bots?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 deopane0

deopane0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Chaos

Posted 17 October 2021 - 11:24 AM

I just found quite some of them farming on the Roda Frog Map (gef_field01)

I have some prints of their names and I've tracked down some of the bots' patterns like fly wing when attack once by Toad (yes, I brought Toad to them to see how it turned out) and everytime they waited for the first hit to fly wing and after they died (someone used a dead branch which summoned a Thanatos's Tower mob which hits 1k each hit) they waited like 5 seconds to then come back to town and get back to the map

So I'd like to report those guys and see how things turns out

#2 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 18 October 2021 - 12:16 AM

[inb4 canned CM/Mod response here telling you to file a ticket]

Genuinely curious if staff even bothers banning bots because it seems to be their policy to just ghost your report. You'll never know if they even did something.

Just incredibly insulting seeing the same bot walk free after wasting 5-10 minutes of your life reporting them. This is assuming their customer support page even works because sometimes it just craps out.

It shouldn't be the players' job to clean this game.

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 18 October 2021 - 12:16 AM.

#3 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 October 2021 - 09:52 AM

Banning bots but not AFK levelers would be the most hypocrisy things happened in iRO then lol. So nope, they didn't care before now they probably still don't care lol

Different methods, same results esp both methods don't require players to actively engage and play the game itself.

#4 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 18 October 2021 - 11:11 AM

I'm not privy to the results of the GM team's investigations, but yes, they do check on the bot reports. When I get PMs about bots that happen to be on at the same time as I'm here, I also ask the GM team to send out a GM to check on the reported bot.

Thank you!

#5 deopane0

deopane0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 03:04 AM

Banning bots but not AFK levelers would be the most hypocrisy things happened in iRO then lol. So nope, they didn't care before now they probably still don't care lol

Different methods, same results esp both methods don't require players to actively engage and play the game itself.

I don't think that's really a problem considering how it doesn't influence the economy in any way. But bots that kill and get the items to sell to somebody will overflow those items and make things difficult for someone who were farming for those to get some zeny (and even more in the early game considering it's roda frogs)

But AFK levelers are only leveling up character using skills, they're not even picking up items so doesn't really influence market and I think that's fine lol

#6 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:30 AM

I don't think that's really a problem considering how it doesn't influence the economy in any way. But bots that kill and get the items to sell to somebody will overflow those items and make things difficult for someone who were farming for those to get some zeny (and even more in the early game considering it's roda frogs)

But AFK levelers are only leveling up character using skills, they're not even picking up items so doesn't really influence market and I think that's fine lol

There are items that allow you to auto cast greed tho

#7 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:45 AM

There are items that allow you to auto cast greed tho

Yea but most people just afk to level. I rarely see afker with greed in any map with good cards.

I wouldn't feel good trusting my rng for not only a card to drop but for the greed autocast to go off too. Most likely your autocast killed the mob and card is sitting there to be looted by a random person before more mobs come to trigger autocast.

#8 Cherrylike

Cherrylike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:29 PM

Keeping the game clean is not the player's job
I couldn't agree more on this point

#9 deopane0

deopane0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 07:05 AM

I've sent out the ticket, hoping for the best

#10 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 22 October 2021 - 08:37 AM

Thank you for your report!  :ok:

#11 deopane0

deopane0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 11:22 AM

Seems like the bots I've reported are still in the map, but they're static on one place, they're not killing anything at all, which is really GOOD, I hope that's the GM team doing things against the use of bots ^^

#12 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 October 2021 - 11:52 PM

the bots are back..... i sees suspicious merchant and acolyte leveling in payon dungeon probabaly for vending and other places where ii ddrop cards. this is unsettling as i like the current economy more than the last one where zeny value severely diminish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users