Meteor Assault Guide 2022 - 185 Update - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Meteor Assault Guide 2022 - 185 Update

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 January 2022 - 09:44 AM

DRAFT WORK IN PROGRESS

INTRODUCTION - I have yet to clean this post up with formatting/links/spoilers/completeness for alternate routes/etc

This is heavily borrowed from Nirvanna21's thread, but is updated for 2022!

Given all the new gear, level cap increase to 185, and insights from the old thread, I’ve created three routes (Best/Alternate/Budget&2handed), reflective of the amount of damage you can cause commensurate with the mount of zeny you can invest into your build.

Same as the other thread, this is a guide to end-game MVP hunting using Meteor Assault. This build does not require MVP cards or God Items, but I will mention them where they can be useful, although a Meg is comparable to a Ring of Jupiter with my two main builds.

SKILL TREE
Meteor Assault Skill Tree

STATS (Base 185)

Route A: Best / MVPing – Little Garden, Ring of Jupiter, Phreeoni Wings

Spoiler

Route B: Alternate / Leveling - Imperial Feather+Royal Guard Necklace

Spoiler

Route C: Budget

Spoiler

GEAR:

For all routes, you’ll need Enforcer Shoes. If you don’t have these, you'll have to essentially use any decent shoes until you can find Enforcers.

Enforcer Shoes Required Upgrade: +7

Required for any Meteor Assault build. Always make sure you have Level 10 Meteor Assault hot-keyed, which provides up to 650% Meteor Assault damage. Enforcers also give other perks such as 20% ATK and 100% hard defence bypass.

Abyss Dress, Icefall Dress, Nature Dress

Abyss Dress is going to be your most versatile overall body armor, and you'd only be switching if hunting specific MVPs or leveling in specific areas, not really for Bloody Branches.

Route A: Best / MVPing

Spoiler

Route B: Alternate / Leveling

Spoiler

Route C: Budget / 2-handed

Spoiler

OTHER GEAR

Spoiler

Edited by Ultimate, 11 January 2022 - 04:43 PM.

#2 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 09:45 AM

work in progress - had to hit post as I have to run!

#3 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 15 January 2022 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for the info. I pretty much have your exact build. I have 90 dex though. Im assuming you either want to dump more stats in Dex for MA if you want to hit MvP without the Phree Wings or dump the rest of the stats in agi for crit dmg. With my current setup I can dump exactly 73 points into AGI. That would be 120 str, 73agi, 80vit, 1int, 90dex, 125luk. Without equips the agi would give you about 177 aspd without equips or buffs. Adding the AGI would pretty much lock me into using Phree Wings. The aspd would help with crit dmg if you have to kill mvp that has agi up skill? I have those consumables that I can move my stats around without a full reset. So I can adjust this a bit without a full reset if somebody comes up with a optimal setup and can explain why its the optimal setup lol.

The forums use to be great but since the game is slowly dying the great guide builders have all left. It would be great if guys like us posted build ideas. Even if they are wrong lol. Trying to find info on YouTube sucks. 

#4 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 15 January 2022 - 11:55 PM

should always have 90 vit, in any event you want to tank some neutral damage,
HBP + Deviling give 60% reduction 

#5 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 06:07 AM

I've been waiting to update because the resetter isn't working sigh

#6 Fishoid

Fishoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 January 2022 - 09:15 PM

Is Verus Core better than PDM? PDM with luk allows defense bypass.

#7 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4117 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 09:54 PM

Is Verus Core better than PDM? PDM with luk allows defense bypass.

Which is irrelevant since you use enforcer shoes already

#8 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 02:42 AM

Do you have a build using seraphim coronet? 

#9 GrimFlayer

GrimFlayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 09:48 PM

Do you have a build using seraphim coronet? 

Yeah, I don't know the reasons why Sera route was not mentioned in this new thread. It is a competitive build and easy to assemble moreover it is friendly on leveling, more SP due to 120 int and statuses are not a problem if you have PDM and well spread out stats.

My own Sera route (base stats only) at 185 lvl:

STR 120

AGI 90

VIT 90

INT 120

DEX 72

LUK 26

0 stats remaining

This build focus on Seraphim Coronet+PDM, right accessory can be GP(gold scaraba) for non JDR or Dogtag for JDR users.

#10 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 January 2022 - 10:17 PM

I really enjoy Sera build. Super versatile.

#11 pogiakopramis

pogiakopramis

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 03:32 PM

Any thoughts about dark ring. Thor server just got 4pcs and the supply is so low with high demand.

#12 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 05 March 2022 - 11:53 AM

I met a GX in izlude at the eggs with the Seraphim Coronet. We had comparable gear but he did better damage. He has way better soul destroyer with the Int. He did have the Temporal Str Mant and 2 Dark Rings. I don't have the Str Mant. I also only have one Dark Ring. The two Dark Rings with Sera build makes Soul Destroyer spamable and do a lot of damage against the Izlude Eggs. Now that I have a Dark Ring im seriously considering the Seraph build. Don't have to pump so much stats into Luk. The Dark Ring does more damage than the Ring of Jupiter. 

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 March 2022 - 09:04 PM

its not the int that gives gim better dmg

#14 pogiakopramis

pogiakopramis

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2022 - 11:14 PM

I met a GX in izlude at the eggs with the Seraphim Coronet. We had comparable gear but he did better damage. He has way better soul destroyer with the Int. He did have the Temporal Str Mant and 2 Dark Rings. I don't have the Str Mant. I also only have one Dark Ring. The two Dark Rings with Sera build makes Soul Destroyer spamable and do a lot of damage against the Izlude Eggs. Now that I have a Dark Ring im seriously considering the Seraph build. Don't have to pump so much stats into Luk. The Dark Ring does more damage than the Ring of Jupiter.

Congrats on getting one. Its a must have accessory. Wish people on thor would spend money to buy ocp.

#15 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 06 March 2022 - 06:57 AM

its not the int that gives gim better dmg

So its the OP Strength Mant thats giving him the better damage lol. 

#16 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 07 March 2022 - 06:50 PM

Somebody had a +14 Temporal Str Mant Cast Delay -15% for 4bil zeny so I got it. I just need one more Dark Ring. What is the best stats for Serph Build Please? 

screen-Chaos035.jpg

Edited by DarkDan, 07 March 2022 - 06:52 PM.

#17 xMLGzus

xMLGzus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1117 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 March 2022 - 07:25 PM

back from a long time away.

Question 1 : from Route A is there a huge difference in damage compared to Route B?

I left before Ruff Officer hat and Little garden were here so i am currently running Imp set with my JDR  as well with my OBC MElvl3 (Just for insta spam of MA).

Is it worth changing for the damage?

Question 2: Does having a Drake on off hand dagger really matter if you are running a sword on your main hand?

#18 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 March 2022 - 01:13 PM

back from a long time away.

Question 1 : from Route A is there a huge difference in damage compared to Route B?

I left before Ruff Officer hat and Little garden were here so i am currently running Imp set with my JDR  as well with my OBC MElvl3 (Just for insta spam of MA).

Is it worth changing for the damage?

Question 2: Does having a Drake on off hand dagger really matter if you are running a sword on your main hand?

1.) I've heard it's about a 20-25% dmg increase. While it's harder to balance stats, having lower headgear free to use other equips like Tengu Scroll or Toy Syringe is nice. I suggest you at least upgrade your hat to +13 Ruff Officer [1] for more atk.

2.) Swords do less damage to large size enemies. I don't know if having a Drake card on off-hand affects your main hand' size penalty. Someone more knowledgeable can answer that.

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 26 March 2022 - 09:50 AM

doesnt matter where you stick your card it will work

#20 xMLGzus

xMLGzus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1117 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2022 - 08:04 PM

1.) I've heard it's about a 20-25% dmg increase. While it's harder to balance stats, having lower headgear free to use other equips like Tengu Scroll or Toy Syringe is nice. I suggest you at least upgrade your hat to +13 Ruff Officer [1] for more atk.

2.) Swords do less damage to large size enemies. I don't know if having a Drake card on off-hand affects your main hand' size penalty. Someone more knowledgeable can answer that.

Thank you for the info! 

doesnt matter where you stick your card it will work

thx Shuck happy to see you are still here !

#21 nnforever

nnforever

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 07:15 AM

Good

#22 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 12:51 AM

Do GX need to level up counter slash to 10 for enforcer shoes? 

#23 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 04:58 PM

How to get Meteor Assault to 0 cast time? 

I get that the fixed casting time can be reduced by the overupgraded HGs. But for the variable cast time? 

#24 GrimFlayer

GrimFlayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 11:28 PM

Do GX need to level up counter slash to 10 for enforcer shoes? 

Not required as long as you have 5 weapon crush, 5 weapon block, and 5 counterslash for enforcer shoes your MA VCT will be zero.

I do have lvl 10 counter slash for the sole purpose of doing counterslash cuz I have oni horns[1] whenever I'm tired of using MA lol.

#25 VinczeFerko

VinczeFerko

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2022 - 05:35 AM

Hi, thanks for the guide. It is my first time playing this game and I am so excited. I am so glad I found your post. I was searching for https://www.grabmyessay.com/essay-help website online and while searching for it online, I found your post too.

Edited by VinczeFerko, 25 August 2022 - 09:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users