The Lag. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The Lag.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 biology

biology

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

Hello. I've posted this in the old forums but I haven't figured this out yet.

When I first played on the Valk server, I lagged. A lot. Since I don't lag for any of the other games I play (TF2, TFC, L4D, L4D2, CS:S, CS1.6, Alien Swarm) which are more graphically intensive (and because so, I figure should lag more than RO) I figured that the lag was just a way for Gravity to say "hey, want no lag? Pay." So I did.

But on Ymir, I lag just as bad. No, I'm not on Comcast. I'm on Optimum Online, and it's not just the populated Prontera map I lag on. I lag on every single map, including the Novice map (where you start).
I've done some Googleing and it seems that other people have been having lag problems also (even those not on Comcast) and it seems that several people have left due to this.

I was wondering if there's a fix for this (if it's on my side - I'm running Win7 Home Edition 64bit) or if it's on Gravity's end, if they're working on a fix the lag.
I am using a wireless connection at the moment, but I have tested this with a wired ethernet connection as well. The lag is actually worse when wired.
I'm located in the East Coast USA if that helps at all.

Edited by biology, 22 July 2010 - 02:25 PM.

#2 RurouniJay

RurouniJay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

Enjoy http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=19534

#3 biology

biology

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

I know what position lag is, and what I'm experiencing is not that.

#4 RurouniJay

RurouniJay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

I know what position lag is, and what I'm experiencing is not that.

take it or leave it man but that is your problem everyone complains about lag when starting RO but later find this thread try it then never complain again.

using that fix greatly reduces lag thats that. Even people on other games where position lag is not a problem at all use this fix for dropping ping alone.

You should give it a try maybe you will learn something >.>

#5 biology

biology

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

You're right of course. Sorry for the snappy reply. I'll try this and post back on whether or not it works.

#6 biology

biology

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

No change.

#7 Jasmer

Jasmer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:22 PM

Fun fact: I have the necessary features installed and followed the vista guides and hit a brick wall at the part where you navigate to Microsoft\MSMQ (or whatever it is) and it is not there, at all. :)

#8 biology

biology

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:37 AM

Look or Microsoft Messaging Queue or something of that nature. It's not named Messaging Queue on mine, but is named a similar variant.

#9 Jasmer

Jasmer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:22 AM

Well I'll be damned, that did it. :)

#10 biology

biology

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:49 AM

This fixed the lag for you?

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

I suspect that OP's problem was in fact ISP/network lag, which by coincidence went away around the same time he changed the settings.

First action should have been to spam tracert iro.ragnarokonline.com a few times to look for high packetloss or known -_-ty servers in his route.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users