January 21st Renewal Maintenance - Page 2 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 21st Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#26 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 07:59 PM

I wonder about.
- The decision of choosing items from JRO catalog.
- The decision of rate setting in OCP.
- The decision of nerfing.

Yeah I know I can't get the answer here since it rely on the Studio.

may I ask why do you know the almost exact OCP list before they came?

Are you one of the insider member?

Because in Wish list post, you have post your “wish list”, and the prices of DB RK gear, Divine Hat go rocket up.

just want to know if this is official info or inside info, so next time I can prepare myself before official release any new gears.

kinda feel like it is not fair for some people react so fast to buy all the gears and hold

#27 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 08:09 PM

What rewards can ppls get from malangdo octopus festival? Is it copy pasta from last year bruh

#28 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Server

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:31 PM

Harder rate ocp reverse how player online count.

This is why when big company become more greedy on something they can't handle.

UPDATE YOUR Grandma Boxer!! OCP worth less and less.

Also compensation event ,if they just put trash buff like +2 stats food or AB scrolls. Then this iRO team wasn't even play there game.(Is this a trend for NA game company to being a jerk like Blizzard?)

Edited by aTID2, 19 January 2022 - 09:41 PM.

#29 ssloner

ssloner

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:35 PM

https://forums.warpp...-pst/?p=3016827

Appreciate the change of the card, but the rest of the concern wasn't addressed or responded to. Is it because WP unwilling to make the change, or unable to make the change, I wonder.

#30 MiroSorce

MiroSorce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationBots/Dupers Die
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Bots/Dupers Die

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:37 PM

I have a question:   :questionmark:  :questionmark:  :questionmark: 
Will you someday return the Old Gramps Turn-In or will this 50% of the 4 Mobs stay ???? 
:rice:  :rice:  :rice:  :rice:

#31 Daryunrsmith

Daryunrsmith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:52 PM

OMG 0.34% again?

Are you gonna make a whales only sever and forsaken others?

Admit it, we all want a new and excite things.

At the current rate these new items are affordable only for whales.

Other will be forced to stick with "out of meta" gears.

At one point it will be matter of time until normal player feel bored, hopeless and quit.

I beg you please be more temperance and remove those 0.34% abomination.

Edited by Daryunrsmith, 19 January 2022 - 11:32 PM.

#32 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 316 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:57 PM

may I ask why do you know the almost exact OCP list before they came?

Are you one of the insider member?

Because in Wish list post, you have post your “wish list”, and the prices of DB RK gear, Divine Hat go rocket up.

just want to know if this is official info or inside info, so next time I can prepare myself before official release any new gears.

kinda feel like it is not fair for some people react so fast to buy all the gears and hold

Not to speak on Sigma's behalf but to clarify the situation as that is a bit of a serious accusation.

It is possible to download the game files from the patch server and then use tools to see which changes are pending on the server. Sigma often does this and then shares the results with the rest of the community. They were putting it in a joking manner when they said it was their "wishlist" since at that point they could see the items in the game data files.

That said, just because the items are in the game files does not mean they will be added with that OCP Box or added at all. Some items were added to the game client files years ago but yet haven't been made available in-game, and some will be for events, Kachua Keys, etc.

Hope that clarifies what happened there!

#33 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:21 PM

Not to speak on Sigma's behalf but to clarify the situation as that is a bit of a serious accusation.
It is possible to download the game files from the patch server and then use tools to see which changes are pending on the server. Sigma often does this and then shares the results with the rest of the community. They were putting it in a joking manner when they said it was their "wishlist" since at that point they could see the items in the game data files.
That said, just because the items are in the game files does not mean they will be added with that OCP Box or added at all. Some items were added to the game client files years ago but yet haven't been made available in-game, and some will be for events, Kachua Keys, etc.
Hope that clarifies what happened there!

not trying to do accusation at all, just wondering why and want to be sure what happen, apology for my phrasing letting ppl feel like that.

thank you for clarifying my question.

Edited by youkidding12, 19 January 2022 - 10:21 PM.

#34 MiroSorce

MiroSorce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationBots/Dupers Die
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Bots/Dupers Die

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:21 PM

I think you'd better worry about the few players who still play this 
game because of the stockholm syndrome. Maybe 
you'll lose them for making bad decisions as usual.
Playing Ragnarök Was Magic Now It's Become Suffering
:no1:  :no1:  :no1:  :no1: 
I hope we have better days.

#35 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:26 PM

I wonder about.
- The decision of choosing items from JRO catalog.
- The decision of rate setting in OCP.
- The decision of nerfing.

Yeah I know I can't get the answer here since it rely on the Studio.

- probably decided by either jRO and kRO, given that the current trend that the class ring being released one after another, WP might not have full picture on what's in jRO (RagCan)

- probably suggested by kRO or decide by kRO too since the rate change (from 1%(?) to 0.34%)

- often in Campitor's time, he needs to refer back to the studio and not knowing the situation in iRO, kRO just decided to nerf items they see it is "broken".

#36 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:44 PM

- probably decided by either jRO and kRO, given that the current trend that the class ring being released one after another, WP might not have full picture on what's in jRO (RagCan)
- probably suggested by kRO or decide by kRO too since the rate change (from 1%(?) to 0.34%)
- often in Campitor's time, he needs to refer back to the studio and not knowing the situation in iRO, kRO just decided to nerf items they see it is "broken".

I asked such questions because the new batch of OCPs looks like nonsense and random.

Ring of Nature, for the instance, combos with non-existing enchants and has tier as SSR. It's ridiculous.

Or Frontier Boots which all of combos were removed.

One thing that make sense is the increasing of refine rate requirement.

Edited by Sigma1, 19 January 2022 - 10:44 PM.

#37 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:52 PM

I believe the rates are fine, we got the experience of all the previous OCP. Server got full of op items and op people, and that almost kill the server, no more fun party, no more fun woe. 
Low rates guarantee only few people very lucky or very rich can get the new op items (wich are not necesary to do a good performance playing)

I think dividing players into lucky/rich and unlucky/broke via lootbox items is a very poor approach businesswise. It implies that players who are unwilling or unable to drop large amounts of money on a small chance for an OP item don't matter to the game (given how few and how small updates this game gets compared to how many loot boxes it gets, that probably is how it sees it's player base) and players who don't feel valued will just leave for a game where they are. (inb4 some smooth brain swoops in to spout the old "WP is a company not a charity, they need to make money and blah blah" which they seem to think is a huge gotcha. To that I say go read "The Goose that Laid the Golden Egg".)

#38 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:16 PM

I believe the rates are fine, we got the experience of all the previous OCP. Server got full of op items and op people, and that almost kill the server, no more fun party, no more fun woe.
Low rates guarantee only few people very lucky or very rich can get the new op items (wich are not necesary to do a good performance playing)

Wondering if WP would readjust the rates at all. I mean … they just gave out the 185 update and boom still 1.1k - 1.3k online. I always thought that the lack of updates was a culprit that drove players away from iRO. Turned out it’s actually that everyone was so OP and game became boring, thus most PvM items were trash and only few BiS items sold. Ah and almost forgot, 1-2 hotkeys WoEs with 20ish players doing macro’ing.

Tbh, like brutally honest, way too late to actually control the rates of broken items. Even now, poorly geared players still won’t make a party to level like old times. Everyone wanna fly solo. IRO is already a solo Batman wannabe game at this point. Limiting OP gears won’t motivate poor players to party together.

Being said, even if the remaining active players start quiting, it won’t change any gaming experiences to other players. 1000 players or 20 players, most players solo play iRO.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 19 January 2022 - 11:19 PM.

#39 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:52 PM

Wondering if WP would readjust the rates at all. I mean … they just gave out the 185 update and boom still 1.1k - 1.3k online. I always thought that the lack of updates was a culprit that drove players away from iRO. Turned out it’s actually that everyone was so OP and game became boring, thus most PvM items were trash and only few BiS items sold. Ah and almost forgot, 1-2 hotkeys WoEs with 20ish players doing macro’ing.

Tbh, like brutally honest, way too late to actually control the rates of broken items. Even now, poorly geared players still won’t make a party to level like old times. Everyone wanna fly solo. IRO is already a solo Batman wannabe game at this point. Limiting OP gears won’t motivate poor players to party together.

Being said, even if the remaining active players start quiting, it won’t change any gaming experiences to other players. 1000 players or 20 players, most players solo play iRO.

why they not quit?. New update was cash shop contents. Especially it is very expensive than before. New Event also not enthusiastic enough to make players want to party. Did you remember when Event like "Talk Like a Pirate Day" or "Episode" Event?

Players can easily choose not to pay or online the game because there this no content for them to play.

Even you make all OCP harder, It just makes all your updated OCP contents become only for Whale players. Why do we want to pay money when even 100$, still do not even get what we want?

This day new dungeon is harder than before, your ideas may legit but there are still many players who want to party because they do not have all that OP tools.
They make OCP harder, and you blaming no one want to WoEs. You dreaming WoEs isn't spamming one skills fest. But that has always been since Ragnarok on service. 

#40 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 12:05 AM

Lol, so ring of nature, an accessory that combos with enchants not available in iro is 0.34% and themis balance is 2.72%?
Ok, so gms clearly don’t play the game, but they should at least know what content is in it and the builds available. How would they aim for balance between classes if they don’t know sh*t about them?

Edited by RonSilver, 20 January 2022 - 04:37 AM.

#41 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 12:28 AM

no update info gear OCP?

#42 Daryunrsmith

Daryunrsmith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 12:50 AM

OMG 0.34% again?

Are you gonna make a whales only sever and forsaken others?

Admit it, we all want a new and excite things.

At the current rate these new items are affordable only for whales.

Other will be forced to stick with "out of meta" gears.

At one point it will be matter of time until normal player feel bored, hopeless and quit.

I beg you please be more temperance and remove those 0.34% abomination.

In addition to my previous comment. 

I think all OCPs should be affordable but to unlock it's full potential (or OP) you should pay more. The difference of having and not having the item are too far in our sever ecology. 

To clarify, I really like the concept of Bloody Knight Shield series, you get the item at reasonable price but if you really want the best available you pay more to enchant until you get Purified Knight Shield.

Guardian Soul is another good example. +12 Is a very decent item but if you want it to reach maximum potential and OP, fine, you refine it till it becomes +15. WP could get the revenue from the ores sales and player is also get what they want at the price they willing to pay.

In these ways normal player could get the item while the whales can pay extra if they want to standout.

I think the enchant system design in Jro would serve this purpose so please consider bringing it in.

Edited by Daryunrsmith, 20 January 2022 - 12:53 AM.

#43 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 20 January 2022 - 01:12 AM

I think it was both the lack of content AND loot boxes making everyone OP that drives players away. Many players are pumping out millions in damage and wiping the floor with content the moment it comes out. It's probably a safe assumption that any content from now until the the 4th job update has already been made irrelevant save for maybe some cards and a few weapons.

As for parties, I actually do see some going on with the new party thing that jus came out, it's far from an ideal amount of parties but the two new dungeons got people doing them and even a few TI parties pop up every so often. I think the improved party finder actually helped ease the burden of finding a party for people who don't have the gears needed to solo TIs and such.

#44 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 January 2022 - 02:16 AM

WP keeps -_- up OCP which is the only thing that's keeping the game alive. Meanwhile ROGGH is coming to Asia and some people might consider dropping iRO for it. Just merge the 2 servers already so we have something to do while you guys -_- up OCP.

#45 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 04:50 AM

and please fix Illusion Military Boots not reducing boss damage, ty.

#46 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 06:20 AM

Thought OCPs are meant to try out skills not used by most ppls like fatal menace bruh so ppls can try out new meta but why it's in 0.34% lmao 

#47 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 January 2022 - 07:50 AM

why they not quit?. New update was cash shop contents. Especially it is very expensive than before. New Event also not enthusiastic enough to make players want to party. Did you remember when Event like "Talk Like a Pirate Day" or "Episode" Event?

Players can easily choose not to pay or online the game because there this no content for them to play.

Even you make all OCP harder, It just makes all your updated OCP contents become only for Whale players. Why do we want to pay money when even 100$, still do not even get what we want?

This day new dungeon is harder than before, your ideas may legit but there are still many players who want to party because they do not have all that OP tools.
They make OCP harder, and you blaming no one want to WoEs. You dreaming WoEs isn't spamming one skills fest. But that has always been since Ragnarok on service. 

They dont quit because of cash shop items (new updates) keeping players engaging? <snip> Population started going down the moment iRO introduced OCP. I used to believe OCP was a great thing to help people when it came out but now I realized I was wrong and ill-informed. OCP program is probably the worst thing ever happened in iRO, esp. originally when rates were so outraging easy to get OP items. Though we still were above to maintain population over 3k until the end of 2019 when you and I know what happened that drove a lot of players away. Dont tell me its the 2 months break on Chaos. Do you forget your girlfriend if you dont see her for 2 months? There are also many players who from time to time come back to check iRO, etc. Anyway since then, we've never reached 3k population again and have been sitting at 1k, even if we got new PvM contents AND OCPs (cash contents?)

For a decade that I was active in iRO, I didnt do PvM (only did for PvM vids purposes). Yes I did TLPD once. It was good that people gathered together to form parties but for a WoE addict myself, that's nothing special. WoE has always required players to work together, to form parties, to coordinate, etc, to achieve something incredible and extra rewarding. Dont know what the hell Episode event is/was. 

You're saying that people can choose to quit if there is no content for them to play? Yeah, so why exactly are you trying to make server full of OP items to make new contents extremely irreverent? This doesnt make sense and it is very mind blogging. New contents should be challenging to encourage people to work together, to form parties, to coordinate, thus players can experience that feelings of great TLDP event. If you're gonna quit iRO because you cant get luxury (OP) items in game, that is sound and understandable and I respect your choices but what would you do in real life if you couldnt afford a bugatti, a luxury (OP) car? I'm asking out of curiosity. It'd be nice like that everyone was able to afford a pagani or bugatti. They shouldnt be reserved for millionaires (whales). No it doesnt work like that, right? Just taking one example of automobile industry. Only industries are also the same.

I've logged in iRO once since they updated the level 185. I went to visit Nogg 3 before. I rushed there quickly with big expectations that Nogg 3 entrance would be full of "R> 175+ AB and killer (8/11)" or "R> Healer & GO!", just like old Gramps days or even OGH days. Nope I was dumb. Its empty at the entrance. Zero R> parties. All the time its a solo play winging around. Hell, I even thought I was surrounded with bots. 

But in the end, it doesnt matter if they will readjust the rates. They might or they might not. I doubt they will though because the rates are probably fixed by the studio. Dont we all wanna follow kRO? If so, we cant simply choose to follow only updates, but not cash items. That's like a spoiled brat wanting to move out and have their freedom, but still demands money from their abandoned parents who live alone without their child taking care of them. Well, since we only get half-@55 updates, cash items should also be half-@55 too, right? 

<snip> WoE is a spamming one skills fest? I must've been doing WoEs wrong for years, silly me.

I think it was both the lack of content AND loot boxes making everyone OP that drives players away. Many players are pumping out millions in damage and wiping the floor with content the moment it comes out. It's probably a safe assumption that any content from now until the the 4th job update has already been made irrelevant save for maybe some cards and a few weapons.

As for parties, I actually do see some going on with the new party thing that jus came out, it's far from an ideal amount of parties but the two new dungeons got people doing them and even a few TI parties pop up every so often. I think the improved party finder actually helped ease the burden of finding a party for people who don't have the gears needed to solo TIs and such.

Trying to improve the party finder is a good start too. At this point, I think WP should do whatever it can to motivate players to play together. The nostalgia about RO isnt about playing alone with alts army. (Though I get it. Some people are making a living out off iRO. So they need to farm efficiently lol). Its about logging in, meeting new players, and spending time with friends to finish quests and instances together.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Please don't be so rude to others.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 20 January 2022 - 11:27 AM.

#48 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 20 January 2022 - 08:29 AM

Rates for the ocp are fine. $$$ or farm. You dont need bis items to do most content in this game. Retaining the value/rarity of these items is probably good for market and the server

#49 AkiuNok

AkiuNok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 January 2022 - 08:46 AM

Rates for the ocp are fine. $$$ or farm. You dont need bis items to do most content in this game. Retaining the value/rarity of these items is probably good for market and the server

So...
Ring of Nature [1]
- Increases physical and magical damage by 10%.
- Recovers 200 HP and 20 SP when killing monsters.
Class: Accessory
Defense: 0
Weight: 50
Required Level: 100
Usable Jobs: All

Do you think that ring is a 0,34% but a accessory w' kiel effect is a 2.72% and dmg to a powerful skill of rg?

(let's be real the combo effect of that ring never gonna work on iro)

Edited by AkiuNok, 20 January 2022 - 08:50 AM.

#50 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 20 January 2022 - 08:54 AM

Fafnir Breath :lv:  :lv:  :lv:  :lv:

@CM/GM

When would the next Illusion Dungeon come? can we request for Illusion Excalibur included in its item creation roster? :D

@ Chakri

Bro, dont blame OCP alone for peeps quitting.. 

New OCP is good as it gives new players chance to deal with old players with their old rare items, equal trade. 

If you REALLY need a party, then make one. Help others level or anything, there's no shortage of peeps who needs help. Initiate Kindness first

In general society now is a bit more selfish and colder, less caring to others, so it would apply too in game. :(  :(  :(  :( So be Kind to others.

Edited by Meddler01, 20 January 2022 - 09:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users