Good Brunch Ragnarok Online! 2/11/22 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Good Brunch Ragnarok Online! 2/11/22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#1 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 February 2022 - 10:45 AM

Good Brunch Rune Midgard!

Happy Friday to you all! It has been a while since we had one of these threads and there is quite a bit to talk about!

Next Major Update!
  • Currently the next major update is undergoing QA on the studio dev side. We expect to receive the update for internal testing some time in mid to late April, so it can be expected to land on the servers in May/June.

Short Term Projects:

You may have noticed that the major update schedule leaves us with a couple months until we start work on internal testing. This is good news, as we plan to take advantage of this time to hammer away at the reported issues/close out projects requested by the community.
  • Finishing Costume Enchantment Review
  • Bug Reports - Items/Art Assets
  • Bug Reports - Programmatic issues that need to be forwarded to the studio
  • Emergency Maintenance Compensation Updates

Immediate Bug Fixes going in next week
  • Fixing the costume look for the New Year's headgear - This may have already taken place as we see the sprite was released by us in this week's patch. 
  • Fix the second issue with the Themis Balance. Last week when we reviewed the item, we found the set bonus effect was not properly functioning. This week we will make sure that the cast timing changes function.
  • Fix an issue with Sam Status still not recognizing lv 185 characters. 
  • Fix an issue where costume enchant costume stones were not properly blocked in WoE/PvP.

Team Changes

You will be seeing an old/new face return to iRO as Cordite will be rejoining us this month to assist.
In addition, in order to facilitate further testing and bug resolution for the iRO service, the QA team was increased in size this year. So you should see us documenting/addressing issues in a more timely manner. This month we have changed the way to prepare for updating items to try and prevent the majority of issues from reaching the live servers. 

Thank you for playing with us and I hope everyone has a wonderful February!

good-soup-good-soup-meme.gif

#2 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:08 AM

Set bonus effect is mean "release of magic" for themis balance right? But we dont have release of magic come to game yet..so?

Edited by StunTosMati, 11 February 2022 - 11:09 AM.

#3 worldeditor95

worldeditor95

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:12 AM

Thank you for your hard work. If its possible please prioritize fixing cart cannon problem. We have made a thread containing the info you guys might help to identify the problem

#4 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:13 AM

Finishing Costume Enchantment Review

what is there to review, all you need was to add ALL the new costume to be enchantable , those that you owe, and those new costumes that comes monthly moving forward.

Your team don't need to sit together to discuss and review this, someone need to stop being lazy and get work done

#5 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:18 AM

You know, telling us that studio is working on the next big project, is similar to,

Hold up, all your bugs today. Let's revisit them later, studio is busy.

Because Everytime there's bug, it's always that Warpportal cannot fix , require studio assistance

What more, every new content , your QA team test give greenlight and implement to live server, and bugs always slip through. By the time we players found the bugs , report to your team. It's already too late. The studio already move onto other stuff.
Your QA was suppose to test and ensure that there wasn't any bug before it reach the live server, and If there was any, that was the time for them to reach out to studio to have it addressed

Edited by bearl, 11 February 2022 - 11:24 AM.

#6 Ride My Toy

Ride My Toy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:21 AM

what is there to review, all you need was to add ALL the new costume to be enchantable , those that you owe, and those new costumes that comes monthly moving forward.

Your team don't need to sit together to discuss and review this, someone need to stop being lazy and get work done

how do you expect a group of interns doing big progress? you should thank god so far that they don't ruin the whole game.

#7 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:26 AM

how do you expect a group of interns doing big progress? you should thank god so far that they don't ruin the whole game.

You think your making useful comment by telling us that the team is made up of intern?
Where do you even get your source from?
Or you simply likes to spread rumors

#8 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:26 AM

Not all costumes should be enchantable. Or the few costumes that have built in permanent effects will be the permanent meta.  About 99.9% will be enchantable though. But since each has to be checked individually by someone and takes my time to script that is the bottleneck. 

#9 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:28 AM

This might be me just knitpicking and I might even be wrong. if so please ignore this.

"

• Fix the second issue with the Themis Balance. Last week when we reviewed the item, we found the set bonus effect was not properly functioning. This week we will make sure that the cast timing changes function."

The Variable casting time change on Themis Balance Already works. What does NOT work currently is Cast Delay. They are 2 separate functions. Please review them and make sure you target the correct function that needs to be fixed.

#10 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 316 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:28 AM

Set bonus effect is mean "release of magic" for themis balance right? But we dont have release of magic come to game yet..so?

No special knowledge on my end, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for the enchant being added. Magus' next line did clarify it is the cast time being adjusted, which doesn't involve Release of Magic enchant.

That seems like an odd reading of what Magus said as modifying the enchanting NPC to add the costumes was previously always referred to as an Enchantment Review. So this looks like it is just picking up where it was left last year and hopefully won't have any more issues so we can have all costumes finally be enchantable.

#11 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:29 AM

Because Everytime there's bug, it's always that Warpportal cannot fix , require studio assistance

What more, every new content , your QA team test give greenlight and implement to live server, and bugs always slip through. By the time we players found the bugs , report to your team. It's already too late. The studio already move onto other stuff.
Your QA was suppose to test and ensure that there wasn't any bug before it reach the live server, and If there was any, that was the time for them to reach out to studio to have it addressed

This is an ongoing issue we agree needs to be addressed. That is why the QA team was getting extra members and we are adding more checks before items see live service. The goal is to prevent as many issues as we can before we reach the servers.

Realistically perfect QA isn't possible but we should be trying to get as near to it as possible.

#12 Ride My Toy

Ride My Toy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:30 AM

You think your making useful comment by telling us that the team is made up of intern?
Where do you even get your source from?
Or you simply likes to spread rumors

This is irony way to tell what I feel about this team.

#13 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

This might be me just knitpicking and I might even be wrong. if so please ignore this.

"

• Fix the second issue with the Themis Balance. Last week when we reviewed the item, we found the set bonus effect was not properly functioning. This week we will make sure that the cast timing changes function."

The Variable casting time change on Themis Balance Already works. What does NOT work currently is Cast Delay. They are 2 separate functions. Please review them and make sure you target the correct function that needs to be fixed.

It is the cast delay that is being adjusted. But we are checking both to make sure we don't need to revisit the item again.

#14 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts

Sure. I can provide the list of costumes with existing effect in place.

Item ID with item name, as per iRO iteminfo.lub

That should eleminate the need to review and discuss, at most you just need to double check.

What else can we, players, community, do to make a difference?

#15 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:36 AM

Just curious about the following updates, if there is an ETA that would be even better:

MVP adjustment (Green Aura Contents)

Shadow Chaser Improvement (which we skipped for a long time)

Star Emperor and Soul Reaper (and expanded class 185)

Warlock Improvement

OCA/MCA updates

Thanks.

#16 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:39 AM

Sure. I can provide the list of costumes with existing effect in place.

Item ID with item name, as per iRO iteminfo.lub

That should eleminate the need to review and discuss, at most you just need to double check.

What else can we, players, community, do to make a difference?

When we said review in this instance. We don't mean we are having hours long meetings on the subject. We mean that a staff member is just making sure all the items we are proposing being added doesn't have a build in effect. Last spring under these same conditions we were adding quite a few costumes per maintenance. We are going to pick up where we left off and try to finish it all.

#17 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:40 AM

It is the cast delay that is being adjusted. But we are checking both to make sure we don't need to revisit the item again.

Thank you camp for clarifying that for me!

#18 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 11:43 AM

Just curious about the following updates, if there is an ETA that would be even better:

MVP adjustment (Green Aura Contents)

Shadow Chaser Improvement (which we skipped for a long time)

Star Emperor and Soul Reaper (and expanded class 185)

Warlock Improvement

OCA/MCA updates

Thanks.

We will share the exact update list for the first major update as we get closer to the time. But Star Emperor and Soul Reaper is tentatively included. There have been times in the past where update contents were adjusted depending on how testing goes though so there is no firm commitment yet.

#19 JinJakk

JinJakk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 12:35 PM

There's bugs/issues that exist for years, how much fixes can we expect from the SHORT term projects that only have months?

Isn't bug fixing suppose to be a long term project? Or you are so confident that increasing team size will make sure no bug come along with new contents/updates?

#20 DivinumRen

DivinumRen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 12:38 PM

There will be an official topic with all the bug reports for the May/June update?

Thanks for your hard work.

#21 JinJakk

JinJakk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 12:39 PM

Will we be provided with a list with what bug reports had been sent to the "studio"? Skills like FAS that require the "studio" to fix.

We need to know what were acknowledged instead of empty words, false promises and fake hopes.

Edited by JinJakk, 11 February 2022 - 12:40 PM.

#22 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 12:45 PM

Good Brunch Rune Midgard!

Happy Friday to you all! It has been a while since we had one of these threads and there is quite a bit to talk about!

Next Major Update!
  • Currently the next major update is undergoing QA on the studio dev side. We expect to receive the update for internal testing some time in mid to late April, so it can be expected to land on the servers in May/June.

Short Term Projects:

You may have noticed that the major update schedule leaves us with a couple months until we start work on internal testing. This is good news, as we plan to take advantage of this time to hammer away at the reported issues/close out projects requested by the community.
  • Finishing Costume Enchantment Review
  • Bug Reports - Items/Art Assets
  • Emergency Maintenance Compensation Updates

Immediate Bug Fixes going in next week
  • Fixing the costume look for the New Year's headgear - This may have already taken place as we see the sprite was released by us in this week's patch. 
  • Fix the second issue with the Themis Balance. Last week when we reviewed the item, we found the set bonus effect was not properly functioning. This week we will make sure that the cast timing changes function.
  • Fix an issue with Sam Status still not recognizing lv 185 characters. 
  • Fix an issue where costume enchant costume stones were not properly blocked in WoE/PvP.

Team Changes

You will be seeing an old/new face return to iRO as Cordite will be rejoining us this month to assist.
In addition, in order to facilitate further testing and bug resolution for the iRO service, the QA team was increased in size this year. So you should see us documenting/addressing issues in a more timely manner. This month we have changed the way to prepare for updating items to try and prevent the majority of issues from reaching the live servers. 

Thank you for playing with us and I hope everyone has a wonderful February!

good-soup-good-soup-meme.gif

Regarding to the OCP 33 items bugs, other than Themis Balance,

the 0.34% rare, Ring of Nature enchantment effect is not available in the server,

a lots of people including me were buying WP aiming for the enchantment combo effect without knowing it is bugged in IRO,

feel like scram, are we planning to fixed this problems?

thank you

#23 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 01:17 PM

By saying

Does that mean things like focus arrow strike (FAS) bug still has NOT been forwarded to the studio and that Cordite guy was literally useless in the past year? I don't want a long explanation or clarification, just give me a yes/no answer, thanks.

Edited by mic9010, 11 February 2022 - 01:17 PM.

#24 worldeditor95

worldeditor95

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 01:48 PM

@camp , when we are expecting Cart cannon fix?

#25 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 02:22 PM

No special knowledge on my end, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for the enchant being added. Magus' next line did clarify it is the cast time being adjusted, which doesn't involve Release of Magic enchant.

That seems like an odd reading of what Magus said as modifying the enchanting NPC to add the costumes was previously always referred to as an Enchantment Review. So this looks like it is just picking up where it was left last year and hopefully won't have any more issues so we can have all costumes finally be enchantable.

I m sry.. but is it posible just remove function shouldnt in iRO? Because its not only confused player.. thats also make ppl hope future enchantment will come..n also make ppl think its a scam..
Example: ring of nature..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users