Ragnarok Online Server Survey - Page 9 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok Online Server Survey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#201 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 22 March 2022 - 04:48 PM

I'm with Chakri when he said OCP ruin the game, for me that's it.
You go, buy some OCP stuffs get fully geared and you can kill'em all without party, friends, guildies.
You kill'em all and don't need grind more stuffs because all good stuff are from boxes... why need 17.1 armor if Abyss Dress is way better? who gonna buy your armor from instance?
Why do woe to fight for Meg if Jupiter Ring is better?
So, you do instances for fun, kill all easy, no one buys your stuff, no motivation for woe, and you get bored in 4 days.
Maybe new server is not a solution, maybe it's check how items are working in meta game, kro don't made pay items to eclipse IN game items, they are complementary to force players... to play douh, and that part kill Iro, i guess Iro is too dead right now, no more than 100 or 200 active players.
Maybe if you nerf some items, and that nerf i believe it's on you not studio, i'm sure players will be interested on new content and even in current content, because the items you can obtain in game will be more useful.
Now no sense to deal millions of damage, push 1 key and nuke, nerf ocp items and party will bring back, woe will come back too, and then players they call each other "bud can you help me out to do this instance" "yeah sure let me call some more dudes to kill this ".
Just think about it, it was too fun doing ET with guildies in the past, or Glast Heim, now i do solo in like 20 minutes, yeh awesome first month, now i'm too boring i reach lvl 185... nothing more to do, no challenge, no friends no party, RO like most RPG games are designed to play as a team.

Edited by Ucatolica, 22 March 2022 - 04:52 PM.

#202 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 22 March 2022 - 05:50 PM

A survey that lasts for almost a month with no results or response and still counting... interesting

#203 worldeditor95

worldeditor95

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 March 2022 - 07:47 PM

I'm with Chakri when he said OCP ruin the game, for me that's it.
You go, buy some OCP stuffs get fully geared and you can kill'em all without party, friends, guildies.
You kill'em all and don't need grind more stuffs because all good stuff are from boxes... why need 17.1 armor if Abyss Dress is way better? who gonna buy your armor from instance?
Why do woe to fight for Meg if Jupiter Ring is better?
So, you do instances for fun, kill all easy, no one buys your stuff, no motivation for woe, and you get bored in 4 days.
Maybe new server is not a solution, maybe it's check how items are working in meta game, kro don't made pay items to eclipse IN game items, they are complementary to force players... to play douh, and that part kill Iro, i guess Iro is too dead right now, no more than 100 or 200 active players.
Maybe if you nerf some items, and that nerf i believe it's on you not studio, i'm sure players will be interested on new content and even in current content, because the items you can obtain in game will be more useful.
Now no sense to deal millions of damage, push 1 key and nuke, nerf ocp items and party will bring back, woe will come back too, and then players they call each other "bud can you help me out to do this instance" "yeah sure let me call some more dudes to kill this ".
Just think about it, it was too fun doing ET with guildies in the past, or Glast Heim, now i do solo in like 20 minutes, yeh awesome first month, now i'm too boring i reach lvl 185... nothing more to do, no challenge, no friends no party, RO like most RPG games are designed to play as a team.

tbh at this point, since the OCP is already out there and nerfing them will be problematic. the only logical solution is to release harder content without releasing more broken OCP item, at least if they still want to release OCP, its highly recommended to boost those non meta build or classes gear so it does not contribute much to the current broken meta build.

but again, speaking about content, you know how it goes in iRO. it will took ages before we get harder content

#204 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 23 March 2022 - 03:10 AM

tbh at this point, since the OCP is already out there and nerfing them will be problematic. the only logical solution is to release harder content without releasing more broken OCP item, at least if they still want to release OCP, its highly recommended to boost those non meta build or classes gear so it does not contribute much to the current broken meta build.

but again, speaking about content, you know how it goes in iRO. it will took ages before we get harder content

I know people will cry, but some specific  gears are too broken, all class armor shoes (Except for imperial set) and Dress should be nerfed a little to be equaly good as current content, and just for that you say, maybe when we will get harder content, so make harder the actual content and game will be fun again.

Edited by Ucatolica, 23 March 2022 - 03:15 AM.

#205 Zobaa

Zobaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 March 2022 - 09:17 AM

This server would be great for sure many people would come to play here. Now an important thing don't put CAMPTOR to manage anything, in less than 1 year he managed to fail Server Restart and Transcendence. If you don't have a decent team to manage and listen to the players, don't open any servers.

#206 Narue33

Narue33

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 March 2022 - 05:43 AM

So? Still no further info?

#207 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 01 April 2022 - 10:02 AM

Nothing as of yet!

#208 Zobaa

Zobaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 April 2022 - 03:17 PM

Any news about the new server?

#209 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 18 April 2022 - 01:58 AM

Nothing as of yet!

Do not open a server that's stuck on trans like RT or pre renewal. Surely that server will have no future as kRO is not building on it. Go with 3rd/4th jobs and get innovative there instead.

#210 proxy16

proxy16

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 April 2022 - 05:18 PM

Just focus on Chaos. New server will be like RT

#211 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 18 May 2022 - 05:14 AM

I have no clue who reads this stuff from the development team, or any team unless it crosses the threshold into trolling, but after bingeing on numerous videos on YouTube and a number of other forums, I would suggest making two servers if I could redo my ballet.

One classic.

One renewal.

There are clearly two big audiences here, and to tap into both (Without a busted cash shop, and by busted I mean exp boosts, refine boosts and combat supplies, be it consumables, rented or otherwise) would be genius.

Give both servers a modest subscription fee, an improved antibot shield, check to make sure monsters give the correct experience on launch (*cough* Isis *cough*) and FLOOD THE SHOP with costumes for folks to buy on opening day. Run exp/drop boost events every month or two like the game used to do, and as a stretch goal for the .0001% chance someone who can get in touch with a higher-up sees these suggestions, make some sort of improvement with the licensing issues involved in getting this server wider distribution and unite the player-base by shrinking the access points while increasing the available regions, since that's a big reason iRO is in the pickle it's in today (Seriously, how come we can play EU servers but they can't come this way?). Yes, there's lots of money in opening and closing servers, but wouldn't it be less work to just maintain a few REALLY awesome ones and rake in the dough in the long-run? Also, bring back more Player-GM friendly events and conduct interviews with the first few peeps to reach max lvl. That stuff helps get the fact that the team cares about the players across better, even if it's just an illusion of interest :P

I don't want to sound alarmist or presumptuous in this post as I know I have in the past when adding suggestions, but this is a fantastic, and probably once-in-a-lifetime chance, to improve PC Ragnarok while so many eyes and ears are focused on it. You guys got this, make it count!

*walks off soap-box*

Edited by havocstopper, 18 May 2022 - 05:28 AM.

#212 Kaimaa

Kaimaa

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 04:13 AM

I am okay with pay to play, but I will not pay to win.

#213 JittersSilverpaw

JittersSilverpaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, USA
  • Server:Chaos, Freya

Posted 19 May 2022 - 12:59 PM

How many people live in New York alone, then the US then Japan why is the server pop so low? God Damn.

#214 Shrimpi

Shrimpi

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 May 2022 - 12:43 PM

Feedback from someone who... occasionally comes to iRO to check on my accounts and seeing the state of the game. To be honest I mostly play in private servers (not sure if I'm allowed to say so, I guess ban me if not, don't really care).

#1 Would I be willing to pay a subscription to play on iRO?

Absolutely. Under a few fair conditions, but yes.

#2 As a private server player, why don't I play on iRO?

• This server is heavily outdated, around 4-6 years behind kRO.
  • Private servers are closer to kRO in terms of content.
  • Cash Shop is honestly NOT that big of an issue to me. I do prefer a subscription based game, but I would put up with your "free subscription" via monthly cash shop VIP method, if the game was actually up-to-date.
  • Botting issue in this server is kind of pretty high. The biggest damage is to the economy. It hurts the game, but people would still play it if it were properly maintained.
  • iRO does not have a big community. The obvious suspects are the region block and the lack of updates. Ragnarok Online IS a community-driven game. It is what makes RO shine most. If you maintain your region block, and if you continue to create servers but doing nothing to improve this situation, you will continue to dilute the population further, and successfully killing RO in the process.

It is a shame because I am one of those type of people who feel joy in playing the official version. To me there is a sort of unspoken "value" to that, something that private servers can never attain. And in order for me to give that up, you have to mess up really REALLY badly, over a LONG period of time. 

You have successfully failed for over 10 years to provide your players with good, up-to-date content. That's 90% of what they really want. There are A LOT of people who would overlook 90% of the bull-_- you do if you only manage to deliver this one thing. Equally important, people want to make friends. Your region block was a huge blow to you and to the game... I am sure you must know this. Everyone does, so I can't possibly imagine that you are oblivious to it. I don't know what sort of law/contract you had to sign to give this up, but you should try winning it back. I don't know why you would choose to essentially "give up on the community". They are the ones who would pay you, who would keep the game alive.

I don't know how else to say this, but you are the official server. You have something that private servers never will. You SHOULD make use of that advantage. RO is an old game, you need to change your business strategy in order to keep it successful.

# A bit off-topic

I work as a full stack developer for a big company (as in a global company). I have also launched my own company, and I have had a lot of experience dealing with marketing. From my experience, I truly cannot understand the way you handle business. It's illogical.

Maybe it's the marketing team, or maybe it's the IT team, or maybe it's just someone from Gravity HQ who stops you. But you seriously need to get your act together and stop operating in this manner. I actually even went to your careers page https://www.warpport...om/careers.aspx because I wanted to see if you actually were hiring for those positions (to give me an indication that you were trying?) and all I see is a "Coming soon!" message.

Really? A company of this size? I can only imagine how you operate internally. This isn't the sign of a healthy company.

Well, whatever... I'll just type here in big bold letters what I think the problem is. But I personally think that this company as a whole just needs new direction. It is a shame because I truly see potential. And there is nothing worse than wasted potential.

THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR GAME ISN'T THE CASH SHOP,  IT IS THE FACT THAT YOU ARE OVER 4 YEARS BEHIND IN CONTENT, AND THE FACT THAT YOU BLOCKED OUT A WHOLE CONTINENT OF PLAYERS.

POPULATIONS ARE VITAL TO THE ECOSYSTEM OF A GAME. 

If you repeat the same mistakes, if you don't update your game, if you don't lift the region block. Then congratulations, you will milk the players for a few more months on a new server, and watch it die. When in fact you DO have the opportunity to create something truly good, and milk them for years on end. I know it because I would pay for it.

You insist in damaging your brand with these short-sighted, poorly made business choices. I find it illogical because brand is the holy grail of growing a business, it is what you should care for the most. Your marketing/IT team must be awful for having mismanaged things this badly for so long (and this isn't me hating on you, I can prove it if I take a look at your company stocks and community feedback, so check yourself.)

Otherwise please one day do us all a favor and let some other company handle this game already. Or if you need an actual good dev/marketer; hey hit me up as a consultant and I can put together a plan for you and show you how it's really done (I'm serious). It's not that freaking difficult.

Edited by Shrimpi, 20 May 2022 - 12:58 PM.

#215 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 08:57 PM

They devote all their resources to mobile RO

#216 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 21 May 2022 - 03:32 PM

• Botting issue in this server is kind of pretty high. The biggest damage is to the economy. It hurts the game, but people would still play it if it were properly maintained.

We don't have a botting problem actually but we do have a handful of macro users.

I think it's important that we differentiate these since they behave differently and macro have a lot of limitations while bots can literally do anything from farming, leveling, to effectively hunt for mvp.

Edited by Clappys, 21 May 2022 - 03:41 PM.

#217 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 23 May 2022 - 03:46 AM

Feedback from someone who... occasionally comes to iRO to check on my accounts and seeing the state of the game. To be honest I mostly play in private servers (not sure if I'm allowed to say so, I guess ban me if not, don't really care).

#1 Would I be willing to pay a subscription to play on iRO?

Absolutely. Under a few fair conditions, but yes.

#2 As a private server player, why don't I play on iRO?

• This server is heavily outdated, around 4-6 years behind kRO.
  • Private servers are closer to kRO in terms of content.
  • Cash Shop is honestly NOT that big of an issue to me. I do prefer a subscription based game, but I would put up with your "free subscription" via monthly cash shop VIP method, if the game was actually up-to-date.
  • iRO does not have a big community. The obvious suspects are the region block and the lack of updates. Ragnarok Online IS a community-driven game. It is what makes RO shine most. If you maintain your region block, and if you continue to create servers but doing nothing to improve this situation, you will continue to dilute the population further, and successfully killing RO in the process.

It is a shame because I am one of those type of people who feel joy in playing the official version. To me there is a sort of unspoken "value" to that, something that private servers can never attain. And in order for me to give that up, you have to mess up really REALLY badly, over a LONG period of time. 

You have successfully failed for over 10 years to provide your players with good, up-to-date content. That's 90% of what they really want. There are A LOT of people who would overlook 90% of the bull-_- you do if you only manage to deliver this one thing. Equally important, people want to make friends. Your region block was a huge blow to you and to the game... I am sure you must know this. Everyone does, so I can't possibly imagine that you are oblivious to it. I don't know what sort of law/contract you had to sign to give this up, but you should try winning it back. I don't know why you would choose to essentially "give up on the community". They are the ones who would pay you, who would keep the game alive.

I don't know how else to say this, but you are the official server. You have something that private servers never will. You SHOULD make use of that advantage. RO is an old game, you need to change your business strategy in order to keep it successful.

# A bit off-topic

I work as a full stack developer for a big company (as in a global company). I have also launched my own company, and I have had a lot of experience dealing with marketing. From my experience, I truly cannot understand the way you handle business. It's illogical.

Maybe it's the marketing team, or maybe it's the IT team, or maybe it's just someone from Gravity HQ who stops you. But you seriously need to get your act together and stop operating in this manner. I actually even went to your careers page https://www.warpport...om/careers.aspx because I wanted to see if you actually were hiring for those positions (to give me an indication that you were trying?) and all I see is a "Coming soon!" message.

Really? A company of this size? I can only imagine how you operate internally. This isn't the sign of a healthy company.

Well, whatever... I'll just type here in big bold letters what I think the problem is. But I personally think that this company as a whole just needs new direction. It is a shame because I truly see potential. And there is nothing worse than wasted potential.

THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR GAME ISN'T THE CASH SHOP,  IT IS THE FACT THAT YOU ARE OVER 4 YEARS BEHIND IN CONTENT, AND THE FACT THAT YOU BLOCKED OUT A WHOLE CONTINENT OF PLAYERS.

POPULATIONS ARE VITAL TO THE ECOSYSTEM OF A GAME. 

If you repeat the same mistakes, if you don't update your game, if you don't lift the region block. Then congratulations, you will milk the players for a few more months on a new server, and watch it die. When in fact you DO have the opportunity to create something truly good, and milk them for years on end. I know it because I would pay for it.

You insist in damaging your brand with these short-sighted, poorly made business choices. I find it illogical because brand is the holy grail of growing a business, it is what you should care for the most. Your marketing/IT team must be awful for having mismanaged things this badly for so long (and this isn't me hating on you, I can prove it if I take a look at your company stocks and community feedback, so check yourself.)

Otherwise please one day do us all a favor and let some other company handle this game already. Or if you need an actual good dev/marketer; hey hit me up as a consultant and I can put together a plan for you and show you how it's really done (I'm serious). It's not that freaking difficult.

I agree with you on everything but you kind of forgot one very important aspect.........WP is just a middle man, the real power comes from Gravity itself, and for Gravity, only two populations really truely matter, Japan and its motherland, North Korea. They could tell WP to fold iRO in a heartbeat and it wouldn't even dent their wallets.

For them, western cultured thinking is too bothersome or cumbersome even for them. Its not really anyone's fault to be brutally honest, just that you have two cultures that will just eat whats given to them (Japan and Korea), because they both share one similar value in their cultures, it is basically like a cardinal sin to complain, and then you get the other main odd culture that is like a near 180 degree in terms of values, us.

#218 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 23 May 2022 - 04:53 PM

Saying that WP hands are cuffed and the company is limited by Gravity is the most overused excuse that has been used for years. There are many things that WP could've done better and completely avoided thr disasters.

That Shrimpi has summed it up pretty neat. Botting is pretty high. I'm sure he's talking about Macro users in many popular maps, making legit players look like a fool for manually playing the game and wasting time lol

He's also right that P2W in iRO isn't the issue. Many players are geared to teeth and they have barely spent money at all. Until Cash items are account bound, P2W context can fly out of the window.

He's also correct that the main problem is probably iRO is falling far behind of kRO. It's either iRO is far less P2W and thus the server as a whole doesn't generate appealing revenues compared to SEA servers and RO mobiles. Hence Gravity mostly utilizes their resources on SEA servers and RO mobiles instead.

#219 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:55 PM

lol staffs decided to open a new server on ragnarok mobile/origins instead.

#220 Shrimpi

Shrimpi

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 May 2022 - 04:32 PM

I agree with you on everything but you kind of forgot one very important aspect.........WP is just a middle man, the real power comes from Gravity itself, and for Gravity, only two populations really truely matter, Japan and its motherland, North Korea. They could tell WP to fold iRO in a heartbeat and it wouldn't even dent their wallets.

For them, western cultured thinking is too bothersome or cumbersome even for them. Its not really anyone's fault to be brutally honest, just that you have two cultures that will just eat whats given to them (Japan and Korea), because they both share one similar value in their cultures, it is basically like a cardinal sin to complain, and then you get the other main odd culture that is like a near 180 degree in terms of values, us.

I really didn't forget about it though. I said that they should just let some other company handle it. Because to us players it really doesn't matter who is the publisher, all people want is a good game to play.

I don't care if my money is going to Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk, I just care that I'm getting my money's worth. And I don't think anybody here EVER gets their money's worth when they buy anything from the cash shop.

And... all most of us are asking is an up-to-date game. Something that even a 16 year old kid can do in their basement one summer. If they can't provide us with at least this then what is the point?

@About JP/KR/etc; other regions

I refuse to accept any sort of excuse when you (they) do a mediocre service. Continuously, for years. It's as simple as that. There is no justification in my eyes.

Edited by Shrimpi, 25 May 2022 - 05:01 PM.

#221 VimaDias

VimaDias

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 03:17 AM

Hello all!

From time to time, we would like to gather feedback from our player base on game features. If you would like to participate and have your voice be heard, please fill out this Google form:

Ragnarok Online Server Survey (google.com)

Thank you!

A new official RO server, without so much "pay to win" borrowed items from jRO and a monthly subscription fee like in the good old times? This is one of the few things that would get me trapped again in this game. Just go for it, Gravity :) But if you mess up things again with this server, I don't think I will give you another chance

#222 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 09:27 PM

If this would ever happen  for the love of Odin, please don't add OCPs to the server like it's mentioned on the survey as crafting and adventure rewards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users