Ragnarok Online Server Survey - Page 3 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok Online Server Survey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#51 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 01:25 AM

there other server are free to play anyway...if do subscription to play maybe iRO will died for real..

maybe i will quit to GG

#52 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 February 2022 - 01:43 AM

you barely have the resources to keep chaos "supported" (transcendence has already been dropped by this point), dont yet again further split your playerbase/resources

fix your -_- first

Edited by Ashuckel, 26 February 2022 - 05:10 AM.

#53 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 26 February 2022 - 02:07 AM

Chaos is one of your oldest servers. Been around for well over a decade. This game is old af with us being YEARS behind on content. Literally stuff that weve known about since 2018 is recently getting added to the server. Now you wanna make the game pay2play subscription . No way you can do this on chaos after the amount of gambling that has been required for the past 6 months to be top player. And if its for another server LMAO. Do you think your customer base is that crazy? We can start naming all of the failed new servers that have been made and merged into chaos and lets not even talk about last time when we dropped the game for 3 months and instead of working on chaos we got new trash server. Please think about this.

Edited by Minchi, 26 February 2022 - 02:09 AM.

#54 proxy16

proxy16

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 04:36 AM

Is this new server or current server?

#55 Willtcg

Willtcg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 05:12 AM

If they are indeed planning a new server and not surveying a possible change in current monetization method, would that be a sign they are about to close and merge ragnarok transcendence because they already milked all the money they could from there and now they need another second server to milk on the nostalgia of starting over again?

I hope they are just studying the possibility of removing gambling from the main server.

#56 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 05:43 AM

I do like the idea of cash shop items able to be obtained in game. Rewards for instances or something along that line.

To have a monthly subscription this is not very good for anyone who has multiple accounts they play on a consistent basis.

It will divide your player base and multiple your workload.

#57 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 26 February 2022 - 05:44 AM

Dear CM/GM,

I would like to suggest to make MORE MERCHANDISE to promote Ragnarok Online, to earn more money.

Making another pay-to-play server OR making the existing renewal servers pay to play, will only make situations worse  :(

Please make a follow up on these, better yet make a Figma versions and  of ALL CLASS Characters and ALL MVPS.

https://www.figma.jp/en/figma/

Im waiting to see Memory of thanatos Figma, darklord etc.

You have already started with these, Nendroid Archbishop, why stop and shy away?

https://www.goodsmil...Archbishop.html

Ragnarok Online has a rich Character Design concepts, and other modern animes takes inspiration on it, this like, Overlord(darkLord) Re:Zero(kafra, Atroce, Phreeoni, so much more) Fate stay Night, Sword Art online, .Hack, That Time I been reincarnated as as Slime(Diablo=pretty boy morroc- among others),Goblin slayer, and other isekai animes.

Others are getting fame, glory, and  :ani_money:  :ani_money:  out of Ragnarok :(

Did you know Hasbro(Transformers) they've actually spent more money making toys than making the movies Transformers Micheal bay films. Transformers started out as a toyline company anyways,

Big future ahead if Gravity will start releasing some SERIOUS ACTION FIGURES :go: :ani_money:   :go: :ani_money:   :go: :ani_money:   

Edited by Meddler01, 26 February 2022 - 06:16 AM.

#58 Kogaa

Kogaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCL/ScytheSociety

Posted 26 February 2022 - 05:52 AM

there is still time to save iro

#59 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 26 February 2022 - 06:05 AM

What is the purpose of making another server? Unless you shutdown Chaos/ Thor and make an enterily new server (wich is almost suicide) have no sense for me.
You want bring new people? you want to retain people? because all days population is decreasing? want to earn more money?

What i would do if i was in charge: 

Make a reunion with whole team, do a brainstorm, include active participation of players, for example like smogon do, they make forums to discuss what pokémon is nerfed from some tiers in order to make competitive play balanced and they present solid evidence.

Ask yourself, what happen that make everyone quits and the numbers decrease every day...

For me it's very clear: The point of RPG Game it's obtain meta items playing, not from boxes, simply reason, if you just buy the boxes and make meta, you don't need play, no need effort to get end game gears, you don't play with your friends, there is no motivation for woe, you don't need skills to play it. Boxes need to exist to support the game, but they cannot be better than meta items from episodes, and ocp isn't just better or slighty better, are way better, you can't compare a physical job using dress vs 17.1 armors.

Make a woe with all mvp's and ocp banned just for test, damn RWC was too fun, you force people to put they playability skills to test, to work in team, to think strategies, now woe it's 1 push button = nuke, so boring and so umbalanced.

Nerf and balance ocp: What's the point of the effort to get Tao Gunka for RK if actually  Fafnir Breath works better? what's the point of making a Meg for GX if there is better accesories now than Meg?

People will say, nooo my ocp i spend a lot on it, but believe me, that enterily kill the game, fun game is when it's hard, too easy = too boring.

Another thing to change it's donation system... Who it's still buying Magical Stones from Kafra? Wood Noise? Rethink that too.

Edited by Ucatolica, 26 February 2022 - 06:17 AM.

#60 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 06:33 AM

I do like the idea of cash shop items able to be obtained in game. Rewards for instances or something along that line.

To have a monthly subscription this is not very good for anyone who has multiple accounts they play on a consistent basis.

It will divide your player base and multiple your workload.

No, you won’t! By then OCP and Kachua items no longer drive their revenue and become irrelevant factors and don’t worthy the effort to bring into game new one. So you will be stuck with what we have now for long and feed iRO only when they feel like to.

#61 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 07:01 AM

Better just make new dungeon or instance for ppl farm n if posible hard one with good reward.. so ppl will do that's instance n with team...that's also posible increasing player.. rather keep put new Over power gear which with gear now u can one or two shot mvp

Edited by StunTosMati, 26 February 2022 - 07:01 AM.

#62 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 26 February 2022 - 07:47 AM

So how much would be a fair price for the subscription?

18.1 and 4th jobs ... lol
They had better do the classic model, air time. Go by minutes ie 24 hours air time for $5 PER character. This will slow down any PvM market saturation by miles.

#63 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 26 February 2022 - 08:00 AM

there other server are free to play anyway...if do subscription to play maybe iRO will died for real..
maybe i will quit to GG

^ this tbh lol

WP needs to be extra prudent. Most of us envy on jRO but jRO itself is a sub server, not a F2P cheap ass server like iRO we have. We wish to play a quality server like jRO but we don't wish to pay to play. Given that now iRO sometimes has 750 log ins including alts and bots and A-_-, it might not be worth paying to play anymore. Should've done that when server had 3k plus, when WoE was alive, when PvM had some meanining to do with friends.

On a second though, yeah WP maybe should open a new server, 1:1 to kRO, no more OCP bull-_-. I see that msot of bugs in Chaos come from OCP anyway. Only open a new server if WP is willing to work for it and not be a half ass when dealing with issues.

Chaos server can be left as it is. No further development needed. It's too late to fix. It's now just some few people left spamming 927481928 alts to do instances hoping to get MvP cards.

Introduction of new contents won't fix anything. What happened when WP broght in AOGH, everyone brought alts to abuse the reward, now it aint even worth farming. People stopped doing it/quit. What happened when WP brought turtle illusion dun? People quit because card values dropped quickly. Eveyrone 1-2 shots new mobs there. What happened when WP brought level 185 update? People reached max level in a week, people quit. If WP brings new contents again, like I said, values of new PvM items will be saturated in few weeks with how OP everyone is, not to mention hundreds of alts. Again, there is absolutely no drawback to log in alts. You can log in as many as you can to exploit the system ie leaving dead alts at Bio5 MvP, leaving alts to bot leveling, bringing alts to auto buff/warp during WoE times, brining 11 alts to take PvM rewards, etc ... all this while WP doesnt get any profits. Its a free real estate lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 26 February 2022 - 08:17 AM.

#64 SettlerofCatan

SettlerofCatan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2022 - 08:13 AM

A new server wont matter if the GM team doesn't give a -_- about this game. 

Case in point. I reported the Beelzebub full heal glitch in RO:Trans over 2 years ago, and its never been addressed. No one has been able to get variant shoes, or clear ET, but gms don't care. 

We reported that wooden golem cards were not obtainable, cause they removed the maps the mobs were in, They told me to go kill the monsters on the map to get the card. 

What guarantees do we have that this isn't just another cash grab by gravity, and will have no support on the server, as per usual?

#65 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 26 February 2022 - 08:42 AM

Introduction of new contents won't fix anything. What happened when WP broght in AOGH, everyone brought alts to abuse the reward, now it aint even worth farming. People stopped doing it/quit. What happened when WP brought turtle illusion dun? People quit because card values dropped quickly. Eveyrone 1-2 shots new mobs there. What happened when WP brought level 185 update? People reached max level in a week, people quit. If WP brings new contents again, like I said, values of new PvM items will be saturated in few weeks with how OP everyone is, not to mention hundreds of alts. Again, there is absolutely no drawback to log in alts. You can log in as many as you can to exploit the system ie leaving dead alts at Bio5 MvP, leaving alts to bot leveling, bringing alts to auto buff/warp during WoE times, brining 11 alts to take PvM rewards, etc ... all this while WP doesnt get any profits. Its a free real estate lol

For me it's not caused by alts, because if you have 10 alts and you can't do solo new content, then you bring guildies, friends, party etc, and even not all alts are usefull. But when you can do solo in 15 minutes with all your alts because you are full dressed of ocp happen this:
1) you dont' need any other person
2) as you say the items get depretiated too son for:
 2.1) Excesive amount of those items and low buyers (law of demand and supply)
 2.2) OCP still better than most cards, gears etc you can get from those instances or new content, even better than most mvps.
and then people gets bored and quits.

#66 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 26 February 2022 - 09:34 AM

Id pay more then $10 for a Official Classic server.

#67 ARCHMAGEOLIVA

ARCHMAGEOLIVA

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 02:41 PM

Wanna monetize? Here are some suggestions and ideas.

Make soul reaper and star emperor p2p classes,with a change class coupon.

Bring the new updates with a paywall included, but make constant updates.

Make the content entrances and the class coupons able to buy with in game currency

Make vip character bound and only usable by one character.

Increase value of vip by giving daily prizes always for people with subscriptión active

Higher xp/drop for vip users

I like the idea of crafting system, you can start with non meta items, create quests for making FAW or HBP, and make the item request much more easy for vip users

create a reward system for woe players, god items are inferior to ocps and are pretty outdated, make it hard to get the rewards ( for example you get 10 point for each woe assisted, trade 2000 points for an item ) and make the rewards only achievable per account, make character disconnect for inactivity on woe( make it strict like 5s or something) so that way they wouldn't afk and claim points, and the most important, make rewards as good as posible, I would assist every single woe for a Fafnir scale or a diabolus wings, and make the rewards easier to get for vip users like getting double points.

There are ways to monetize the server and improve chaos, but they demand work and sacrifice

You don't have to kill the f2p player base with a subscription

Edited by ARCHMAGEOLIVA, 26 February 2022 - 02:44 PM.

#68 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 February 2022 - 03:35 PM

I posted last night but removed it because I wanted to read into this whole thing a little more.

If this is indeed a new server, a sub model would have an immediate effect on bots since there is financial ramifications of getting caught and would encourage more people to ticket such offenders.

I still think there are 2 changes that would indefinitely improve the Ragnarok Online experience; even more so if you are limiting cash shop to cosmetics and services.

Firstly, upgrading items.

Keep the safe upgrade levels in place, but offer two methods of going forward. Method one means there is a 40% chance to succeed in upgrading the item at all unsafe levels; however, if it fails the item is destroyed. Method two means there is a 10% chance to succeed in upgrade the item at all unsafe levels; however, this costs approximately 5x the materials and zeny otherwise required to attempt the upgrade and there is no chance to break the item.

Secondly, obtaining cards.

Introduce an account wide kill count for monsters in the game, make cards drops a base chance of 0.01% and each time that monster has been killed by a character from your account, double the chance to drop the card. This would continue until you reach a threshold of 10% chance. Once the card drops, the count for that monster resets. The idea here is to reward persistence without the over looming odds of waiting years for something that may never even come. You could then safely have no need for desocketing since people can be encouraged to re-farm something if they want to upgrade the base item.

Both of the above problems should be addressed for multiple reasons; but mainly, to reduce progression fatigue and real money trading. It should take effort to improve your characters equipment, but if you don't see progress after months or years then there is a problem. People often resort to real money trading as they can simply pay a small sum by comparison to short cut their way to getting what they want.

Please take these into consideration moving forward; and don't forget, if you do open a new server then be sure to make it B U G F R E E.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 26 February 2022 - 03:36 PM.

#69 KunKnee

KunKnee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • Twitter:@kunknee

Posted 26 February 2022 - 04:55 PM

I'm not sure if this will be a valid feedback but I've played a couple of other MMOs that allow players to gain all sorts of gears whether f2p (they have to work hard for it) or cash (they get it instantly). This is something that I would personally not mind. Since both types of players would eventually get the stuff anyways. My only personal issue with Chaos right now that it's kind of hard for me to invest way too much time to catch up with earning zennies just to get the stuff that I want. Or I could be possibly just one of those players that have to legit git gud, but my only excuse would be that I'm only a casual player and can only play a few hours a day into the game. While I think a subscription based would be a neat idea, maybe this is another way to consider. It would be a win-win I think..  ^^;;

Edited by KunKnee, 26 February 2022 - 05:00 PM.

#70 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 26 February 2022 - 07:15 PM

Gravity should realize that to make money, you should stop selling the same products to the same people.

You need to expand your market, find new customers, branch out to other medias and platforms-maybe slowly.

RO has already branch out to other digital platforms(mobile phones, RO2) but lacks tangible market like toys, food, and apparel, my rant/example.

Dunno the purpose of another server/changing existing servers, and if its intended for profit, either way you can make changes to items, game setting, etc,

but realize that you still sell the SAME stuff probably to the SAME people.  :(

Edited by Meddler01, 26 February 2022 - 07:19 PM.

#71 tlc9711LOgo

tlc9711LOgo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 07:45 PM

I prefer they fix all the bugs and add new contents for chaos then opening a new server with pay2play subscription. If possible improve current VIP stuff that is being outdated for so long...maybe some special quest like the COP, access kafra anywhere, free scroll and stuff use for leveling and more benefit if u pay monthly with CC tie to account.

Edited by tlc9711LOgo, 26 February 2022 - 07:48 PM.

#72 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 26 February 2022 - 08:34 PM

Asking people to pay for THIS game is just outright stupid. You guys are competing with private servers that cater to almost every kind of player FOR FREE and I know some idiot is going to try and say it's not fair to compare iRo to private servers because they don't have to answer to KRO for their updates and whatnot. But business isn't always fair and the only way to win is provide a better product. You are asking people to pay for an incomplete, rarely updated, neglected and buggy mess when they can just as easily drop you and play somewhere that actually cares about it's community and will happily address it's their concerns.

You guys have completely disregarded the communities concerns leading to SO MANY ISSUES and a dwindling playerbase. FOR YEARS people have been telling you EXACTLY what you need to do to keep players around and you REFUSE to listen but I'll say once more and more then likely you won't listen.

FIX THE DAMN GAME

That's all you have to do. If you can't manage that at least communicate with the community you are suppose to be managing. All you've ever done when players bring up issues is just say "we'll look into it" and never address it beyond that. No updates, no further discussion until someone brings it up again and the process repeats. The very least you can do is pretend to care.

#73 worldeditor95

worldeditor95

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 11:25 PM

there you go, heres our feedback and i think its pretty clear most of us are in agreement. fix your product first

#74 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 27 February 2022 - 12:47 AM

with all this feedbacks they received from the players the cm/gms will only replay "lets just wait for the studio's decisions" smh...

#75 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 February 2022 - 12:47 AM

classic server when?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users