Ragnarok Online Server Survey - Page 4 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok Online Server Survey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#76 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 February 2022 - 02:13 AM

I think the management must be regretting so much that they think they shouldn’t initiate this survey at this point of time when the game is much into the deep **** and ask for some feedback which is not so helpful to the game and current situation.

#77 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 27 February 2022 - 04:57 AM

-Current cash shop and gacha items incorporated into crafting and adventure rewards

https://www.divine-p...hnote-18082021/

https://ro.gnjoy.com...=7458&curpage=1

:no1:

Edited by bearl, 27 February 2022 - 04:58 AM.

#78 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 February 2022 - 06:15 AM

-Current cash shop and gacha items incorporated into crafting and adventure rewards

https://www.divine-p...hnote-18082021/

https://ro.gnjoy.com...=7458&curpage=1

:no1:

seems like a good idea. kRO gears are balanced.

About OCP gears, i think the only ones that could be added in a possible server are Middle/lowers because de kRO stuff is very limited (Imperial feather, Seraphim Coronet, Mob Scarf, Little Garden, Floating Ball, removing all the extra bonus like status inmmunities because that's broken).

#79 proxy16

proxy16

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 06:57 AM

For me I'm willing to pay Subscription if the game is fix,Ocp Bugged,Faster Skill shadows,updates that forgotten (HUGELcap),faster updates like Edda biolabs,sage legacy,class improvements..etc. Players will enjoy the game without regrets because of a good gameplay.

#80 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 07:22 AM

just fasten update version content, kachua, shadow, costume stone, ocp, that is the solution.

#81 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 February 2022 - 07:31 AM

I don’t know what’s the point of starting the survey if WP is still babyfed by kRO. Even if we submit our feedback, will u or the Studio ever listen? Like the FAS and other bugs, many have been asking this for years, but what happened? A lot of people already mentioned in earlier posts that u guys should at least gain some independence from studio and fix your own game first. To add, I think u should find more capable people and try to kick out ones like who give the stupid answers for jeje cap bug. Only a good dev team can make this game better.

Also please bring more new contents, that is the backbone of the game. It is good to update your cash shop frequently, but meanwhile bring more challenges to the game or at least something worth to farm in game too. By the way, where is magus? We don’t want a good morning thread bot who never answers community concern as a dev team member, do we?

If this survey is for a new server, then meh, u never learned ur lesson from past failures, and u deserve ur shrinking player base.

Edited by mic9010, 27 February 2022 - 07:36 AM.

#82 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 27 February 2022 - 01:49 PM

A new subs server must have new contents ... maybe lvl 200 update, js. Everyone starts from 0. Without OCPs and cash shops, people need to work together again to level. It's gonna take a while to reach max level if not eveyrone including their grandparents 1-2 shots ens game monsters. Alao, VIP shouldn't give extra experience and drop rate, js.

People seem to have forgot that the most enjoyable part of RO was to grinding with friends while enjoying fabulous BGMs. Even now what I remmeber about iRO is how I was slowly leveling my RG with other players, not one shot cheaters in WoEs.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 27 February 2022 - 01:55 PM.

#83 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 07:01 PM

new server would bring another problems, the botting army.

they can obtain extremely unfair benefits at the start of the game, because Bot working 24 hours and the items and Zeny is everything on new server.

Just this one reason is enough to stop me playing new servers.

I’m not going to be a idiot farming in an extremely unfair situation.

better go farm in real life.

Edited by youkidding12, 27 February 2022 - 07:02 PM.

#84 vic11con

vic11con

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 02:38 AM

Before thinking in another server repair all those things that are bad in iRO.

Exactly lol. There are already too many issues with iRO that needs to be solved. 

#85 RazXII

RazXII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLost in Hazy
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 February 2022 - 04:50 AM

Here's a solid solution to all our problems.

Total clean slate. Reset Da Server

And a level boosting event while your at it. Win-win for all. While taking advantage of a clean server to mitigate and fix all the problems (bugs, broken stuff, adding new/readjusting stuffs, etc) that might’ve or would’ve probably been the issue with a decade old server that has merged a couple of times added on top of newer cosmetic additions to the game. Some of us literally have unknown item in storage since god knows how long and when.

This aint radical rather optimal/pragmatic since all of can agree, that there's that so many issues in Chaos that its chaotic and ironic of its server name. Think about it.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Changed text color, please don't use bold red font as it is reserved for messages from the CM/VM teams.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 28 February 2022 - 11:13 AM.

#86 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 28 February 2022 - 05:24 AM

A new subs server must have new contents ... maybe lvl 200 update, js. Everyone starts from 0. Without OCPs and cash shops, people need to work together again to level. It's gonna take a while to reach max level if not eveyrone including their grandparents 1-2 shots ens game monsters. Alao, VIP shouldn't give extra experience and drop rate, js.

People seem to have forgot that the most enjoyable part of RO was to grinding with friends while enjoying fabulous BGMs. Even now what I remmeber about iRO is how I was slowly leveling my RG with other players, not one shot cheaters in WoEs.

Hell yes i remember when i start to play like in 2009 i was a knight and random people pick me out to kill in veins or glast heim, i made lots of friends, and i have to say even nowdays i have them in facebook and still we talk. 
Later when i got my variant shoes, glorious suite, weapon, rings and i played for the guild "Loki's Realm" make even more friends like in 2014 and that was true WOE because all Guilds was trying to get some god items or fight against the guilds who monopolize them.

They was so good years for ro, even last year i went to new york and one of friends of that guild lunch with me and my family.

Metacritic RO it's 8.1 THE GAME IS FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN but you are ruin it because the strategy to earn money it's bad, you earn in short time but in long therm, server is about to die.

RO it's designed to play together and made friends, box have to exist, but with complementary content, Cat Ear Beret, Gears to made an alternate build playable or more consumables....

GM's has to rethink whole donation system:
-what vip gives, more exp, more benefits, maybe bless agi scroll, 1 reset a month and increase the price.
-what are they selling in chash shop (reset stone, chick hat, wood gobline nose for 1500 kp, dude i really doubt if some people will buy those item).

And the GM should collect what players are saying...
- increase VIP, give more benefits, but no way to made a pay server.
-Fix bug
-Card counter drop seems to me good idea, because you force players to grind and go some areas, but keep outside the list MVP monsters.
- More merchandising, damn i really will buy some RK luxury figure or bunny wanderer.
- excesive amount of op ocp gears, for me, definitily the broken ones has to be nerfed, debacle start with OCP's but when gm's say "no plans of nerf enforced shoes" i can say, lot of people quit. And this is important because if you don't do it and you keep selling broken boxes, no matter the new content you bring, players will boring in 1 week.
- and then bring new content

And then maybe people will say, oh you know what iro it's great again. " ey bro wanna play iro a while?" " bring some more friend for play it's fun" and magic will happen.

<snip>

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Please don’t discuss/promote other games

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 28 February 2022 - 11:16 AM.

#87 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 09:36 AM

Before thinking new ways to charge players WP needs to improve and refine the product, by fixing bugs, getting a better flow of updates and better control for ingame ill behavior and stuff. You need people to feel that sending a ticket to the staff is worth the freakin time. I used to spend money on the server a while back, i quit doing so for mental health when i realized the staff didn't care about delivering a good product. Speaking for myself only of course, you need to change my mind about that before anything, if you force me to pay right now i'll quit in 1 second.

#88 Sugug

Sugug

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 11:45 AM

It’s very obvious that RO’s players are a bit wary and burn out at the idea of a new server. RO is pretty much my ride/die MMO though, so I’ll always play along with whatever shenanigans the official server has going on. However, there are a few things I would like to see.

If we are talking about a new server entirely from scratch with subscription and none of the current cashshop nonsense, there is no reason to not include costumes as a way to bring in extra cash flow. As well as things like gym passes, some sort of way of permanently adding greed to costumes or an accessory that gives it because it’s ridiculous that we don’t have auto loot in this game by default.

Include a cheap gacha version as well as all the costumes at an individual price. 200 points for the box and 300 for the individual items for example. We all like our costumes. No cash shop but bare bones isn’t exactly the answer. Ask us what we actually want! (COSTUMES).

Alchemists and Blacksmiths potions and weapons (especially the weapons) really need to be looked at, at some point. The rankings need to be regularly reset so that players have a reason to be competitive and stay on top of those. Are we going to have some of the elements of transcendence? Like the random stats on weapons in some areas? There needs to be some more information about what kind of server there would be.

For WoE there could easily be seasonal contests. Keep tiers for different categories, most castles taken, longest defended, most econ, ect. This gives a reason for there to be alliances and diversity amongst groups. Rewards should be something worthwhile but not game breaking. Find ways to encourage smaller groups as well. Hold PvP tourneys with signups for groups of different sizes once every few months.

No level penalty on monsters. I should be able to level wherever I want. If I can kill it, I should be able to get exp from it. There’s no need to have meta builds. If I want to build something unusual that can’t go to level appropriate maps easily, I should still be able to kill easier monsters and level at a moderate pace. Or take my character out to risky maps and be rewarded for it.

Get involved in the community and make the game fun. The GM team should be involved with the players more. I remember seeing them out in the game back in the old days. It was really neat to come across them while they were on bot patrol and get buffed. Or when in game events were held—with MUCH higher game population than now, and they’d come spend some time with us after just to chat and talk about the game or whatever.

If the issue with getting more content is that we simply don’t have the funding for it: hold a fundraising event with unique rewards (we like special costumes) and some merchandise. kRO has tons of it. I used to live in Korea and the shipping doesn’t take that long. Talk with them about marketing some of it over here through you all or another affiliated company. It would sell.

<snip>

Yes, we want content, the community understands that it takes time & money to get it. It’s just hard to be patient when it’s not even just a year or two of waiting. It’s multiple years. There’s no transparency (though it’s also understandable given the way that many community members lash out when all you can tell us is that the head studio is being difficult, we’re well aware they don’t really care about us lol). There are bigger issues at play than this alone though.

To my fellow players, let’s make them care. Let’s show them that iRO can be an amazing server again. Let’s pull together and make the most of a game that we love. We have the ability to make the game better too. Treating other players better, making guides, taking time to make the economy suck less, helping make tools and guides for new players (they would probably come with a new server.. maybe if it was advertised properly), throwing out ideas to help make the potential new server some place that we actually want to spend our time. There’s no reason that we can’t make it work, or at least try to.

Stop being so hard on the staff. They really are working hard to try and make RO the best they can. Not everything can be fixed with a wave of a hand. Especially when daddy kRO is slow to respond. There are rules to how business works, especially when you’re dealing with Korean business culture. Show the team some support. Help boost their morale instead of constantly yelling. You can state your complaints in a manner that isn’t going to leave them feeling horrible at the end of their shift. Not everything is in their control. There is no reason to be rude. And I can tell you right now 99% of the time they’re just as frustrated as you are with these issues. They are on our side.

I know not everyone will agree with what I have to say, and that a lot won’t read my long-winded post haha. That’s OK too! Part of what makes this community great is its diversity. I still remember the first time I logged into the game and made my very first character back in the beta. This game still holds a lot of that excitement for me. I think a new server would be fun, and I certainly wouldn’t mind paying a subscription again at all. Thanks for giving me your time.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Please don’t discuss other games

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 28 February 2022 - 10:50 PM.

#89 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 11:51 AM

Yall gonna keep in mind that it’s all studio’s fault.

#90 pogiakopramis

pogiakopramis

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 03:38 PM

If there's no money involve or profitability. No point in barking at the sinking ship.

#91 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 03:48 PM

a new server is a bad idea imo. Renewal iRO  is alive mainly thank to whales that have invested too much already to quit and start over. Any new server will last a year or so and then will die as the hype vanishes.

Edited by RonSilver, 28 February 2022 - 03:48 PM.

#92 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 February 2022 - 04:17 PM

I wrote a wall of text but then I decided to just talk about it instead.

tl;dw:

Spoiler

Edited by Scuba, 28 February 2022 - 04:27 PM.

#93 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 28 February 2022 - 04:27 PM

I wrote a wall of text but then I decided to just talk about it instead.

tl;dw:

Spoiler

dayum this is nice

#94 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 February 2022 - 05:55 PM

My concern is that opening up a new server would divide the existing playerbase. Just making yourself competitive in one server already takes too much effort. Dividing your time on multiple servers would only lead to mediocre results so players would have to leave a server entirely for another one. This would cannibalize the existing servers which isn't good. If the existing servers die more people would quit RO entirely.

So instead of setting up a new server I hope warpportal would find a way to bring in new players from across the globe and help them level from scratch.

Allow the new ones to participate in the action by creating a WoE where OCPs are not allowed and only use special recovery items to be supplied only at the start of the woe by an npc. These supplies have an expiry so they couldn't be used the next woe or be farmed. This way even new players could be toe-to-toe against old players and also give value to those would have been throw away equipment. Also improve the castle drops to make it more exciting.

The staff should alsp make extra effort to make themselves known to their existing and future playerbase. Other RO servers would even do livestreams to promote their servers.

It would also help if warpportal could start giving in game rewards to people who could promote their servers.

#95 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 28 February 2022 - 06:24 PM

To staffs.
Just doesn't listen to the Studio's suggestions.
Keep asking them to fix the existing issues and focus on new contents.
The consequences will lead IRO to the worse situation.
The Studio is just the snake asking you to eat the forbidden fruit.

Edited by Sigma1, 28 February 2022 - 06:25 PM.

#96 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 318 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA

Posted 28 February 2022 - 11:14 PM

Since I don't particularly enjoy editing posts, please remember the rules of conduct for this forum ask you to not discuss any other games - other mmo, private servers or whatever. Describing how other games do things is fine but all the comments saying 'X game is better because Y" will be continue to be removed.

To quote:

Competitor Content.

• We are very aware that there are many games for you to choose from. We are grateful you have decided to play our games and we know the stats, and that many of you play multiple games. While we work on bringing a variety of games to you to play here with us, we know that some of you play or may run across games that are published outside of the world that is Gravity / WarpPortal. So we ask that you keep the discussions on our forums about the games we publish, anything other than discussions about Gravity / WarpPortal published games will be removed.

#97 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 March 2022 - 01:04 AM

It's important to mention other games though. Other games have had the time to do things better, and RO by extension could use some of those methods to improve the overall experience. I could understand if someone was literally trying to advertise another game as opposed to this one directly, but using them as sounding boards to improve this one should be fine regardless.

#98 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 March 2022 - 03:07 AM

When you want to put RO on a monthly subscription its inevitable that it will get compared to other sub based mmos and what they offer. And for the state RO is, and will be(because lets be real, the existing broken stuff wont get fixed, and future problems will have an even smaller chance to with the resources a
split between more servers), RO isnt a game to charge 10 usd/month to be able to play

#99 Balthronus

Balthronus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 04:03 AM

I returned to the game 2-3 weeks ago after a very long time away. What got me to return? I had a YouTube recommendation pop up from the channel "munbalance" and he was playing 4th classes. I immediately redownloaded the game and only a week or so later discovered he was playing on a private server. I've already dumped $100 or so on the game and atm my plan is honestly just to prep my character up for 4th jobs then log it.

#100 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 01 March 2022 - 05:18 AM

When you want to put RO on a monthly subscription its inevitable that it will get compared to other sub based mmos and what they offer. And for the state RO is, and will be(because lets be real, the existing broken stuff wont get fixed, and future problems will have an even smaller chance to with the resources a
split between more servers), RO isnt a game to charge 10 usd/month to be able to play

+1

And in Thor's case, paying for a monthly subscription just so that I could make a AFK pub to advertise my items to sell is not worth it. To GMs or who ever the F is in charge, try logging into Thor server and see if it is a server that you want to pay 10$ monthly for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users