Trying to figure out a GCX Build - Returning newbie - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Trying to figure out a GCX Build - Returning newbie

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joel1990

Joel1990

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 May 2022 - 08:28 AM

I am a returning player who gets all his information fromrenewal.playragnarok.com, Irowiki and IRo DB. I used to play this game 10 years ago, and often on and off including Transcendence, but never in a guild or anything.

I have since forever wanted to make a Sin Cross with double dagger Crit build which somehow was a fascination, and now with Double Attack working out with Crit, it's a massive boost in that direction being viable.

I have heard the build is costly, but am trying to figure it out regardless of price. I scoured through multiple forums and I can't find anything reliable from the latest changes. So I wanted some help from you all veterans if someone does take the time out. 

I have trying utilising Illegal's PVM Build <snip> but am not even sure if those items are available here, certainly can't seem to find some of them in vendors.

Can someone help me out here please? Am an old player trying to have fun and need your guidance for it.  

Thank you. 

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Please don’t post links to private servers or their wikis

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 26 May 2022 - 10:27 PM.

#2 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 May 2022 - 10:42 AM

Its been a while since I played GX but I have a little bit of an idea how the dd crit gx runs:

• Upper: Old Bone Circlet with Sharp enchant (craftable but costly if you're not lucky enough)

• Middle: Little Garden (Luk 125 = atk 180 & critdmg 35%) another option would be to run the gambler set with Gambler's Seal and Heart Card in Mouth

• Lower: This is interchangeable but if you're running the gamblers set you'd be using Heart Card in Mouth, otherwise I'd use Happy Balloon or Tengu Scroll

• Armor: Depending on your gameplay you can use any armor. I personally is the Evil Dragon Armor just for lifesteal, good for survival. If atk is more your thing I'd go for the Illusion Armor Type A which is craftable.

• Weapon: The weapons for me are a bit of preference. I know you were asking about dd crit but there's the katar option as well. Juliette D Rachel is one of the strongest weapons in the game and if you have the Double Attack Stone enchanted on your garment costume, that's double the damage. Commonly people use 2 Valkyrie Knife though. It's a level 4 weapon with 4 card slots so you can mix and match cards for your build. What the cards are I cant really tell you because I havent had the chance to run this type of build but you could probably say a couple of mvp and high end cards. I mean whats wrong with using 8 Aunoe Cards for 160% crit damage right?

• Garment: The Arabian Manteau came out a couple months ago and this is the reason why dd crit gx's became more viable. Before this came out you needed the Temporal Agi Manteau which was 5 times the cost of the arab mant when it came out

• Footgear: Staples right now for MA build is the Enforcer Shoes. So long as you fulfill the skill requirements you can get 100% bypass hard defense and you wont need to use the penetration shadow set or the perverse demon mask. Other options would be the Booster Shoes but its a bit costly on stats because if you really want to maximize it, you have to have 2 stats at 125, most of the time this is STR and LUK and not much left for the other stats. Apart from those, you can craft the Temporal Luk Boots to combo with the ring for more crit dmg and a cheaper option if I might say so myself.

• Accessories: This is where it gets a little bit expensive. If you really wanna ball out with the accessories you'll probably be using 2 Dark Rings which are around 6-8b depending on demand right now. A less expensive but still expensive option would the the Jupiter Ring on the left accessory slot since you'll probably have 120 luk. Another option would the Perverse Demon Mask which makes it viable because of the luk stat. At 125 luk that's 95% bypass hard defense. At 126 that's 110% bypass. Same goes if you're running the booster shoes with 125 or 126 STR since it'll either be 95% or 110% bypass mdef but technically you wouldn't worry about it unless you're going bolter which is kinda hard to mix especially with the stat differences. Otherwise, if you're running the temporal boots you can us the Temporal Ring. If you are running katar like JDR you might go for the Immortal Dog Tag. Just giving you more options.

Anyway, this is my insight, and I'm a Ranger player above all but hopefully this helps.

Edited by therevengeofnico, 26 May 2022 - 10:49 AM.

#3 Joel1990

Joel1990

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 09:12 PM

Its been a while since I played GX but I have a little bit of an idea how the dd crit gx runs:

• Upper: Old Bone Circlet with Sharp enchant (craftable but costly if you're not lucky enough)

• Middle: Little Garden (Luk 125 = atk 180 & critdmg 35%) another option would be to run the gambler set with Gambler's Seal and Heart Card in Mouth

• Lower: This is interchangeable but if you're running the gamblers set you'd be using Heart Card in Mouth, otherwise I'd use Happy Balloon or Tengu Scroll

• Armor: Depending on your gameplay you can use any armor. I personally is the Evil Dragon Armor just for lifesteal, good for survival. If atk is more your thing I'd go for the Illusion Armor Type A which is craftable.

• Weapon: The weapons for me are a bit of preference. I know you were asking about dd crit but there's the katar option as well. Juliette D Rachel is one of the strongest weapons in the game and if you have the Double Attack Stone enchanted on your garment costume, that's double the damage. Commonly people use 2 Valkyrie Knife though. It's a level 4 weapon with 4 card slots so you can mix and match cards for your build. What the cards are I cant really tell you because I havent had the chance to run this type of build but you could probably say a couple of mvp and high end cards. I mean whats wrong with using 8 Aunoe Cards for 160% crit damage right?

• Garment: The Arabian Manteau came out a couple months ago and this is the reason why dd crit gx's became more viable. Before this came out you needed the Temporal Agi Manteau which was 5 times the cost of the arab mant when it came out

• Footgear: Staples right now for MA build is the Enforcer Shoes. So long as you fulfill the skill requirements you can get 100% bypass hard defense and you wont need to use the penetration shadow set or the perverse demon mask. Other options would be the Booster Shoes but its a bit costly on stats because if you really want to maximize it, you have to have 2 stats at 125, most of the time this is STR and LUK and not much left for the other stats. Apart from those, you can craft the Temporal Luk Boots to combo with the ring for more crit dmg and a cheaper option if I might say so myself.

• Accessories: This is where it gets a little bit expensive. If you really wanna ball out with the accessories you'll probably be using 2 Dark Rings which are around 6-8b depending on demand right now. A less expensive but still expensive option would the the Jupiter Ring on the left accessory slot since you'll probably have 120 luk. Another option would the Perverse Demon Mask which makes it viable because of the luk stat. At 125 luk that's 95% bypass hard defense. At 126 that's 110% bypass. Same goes if you're running the booster shoes with 125 or 126 STR since it'll either be 95% or 110% bypass mdef but technically you wouldn't worry about it unless you're going bolter which is kinda hard to mix especially with the stat differences. Otherwise, if you're running the temporal boots you can us the Temporal Ring. If you are running katar like JDR you might go for the Immortal Dog Tag. Just giving you more options.

Anyway, this is my insight, and I'm a Ranger player above all but hopefully this helps.

Thank you so much. I fairly didn't think anyone would respond. This is a helpful insight.

Few questions, I didn't know Old Bone Circlet was even available coz it's never on vendors and it's not dropped. JDR is dropped atleast but never seen it vendored so am assuming it's in the Billions. Can Bone Circlet be crafted in Renewal? I didn't know. 

I was using Vanargand Helm + Fenrir Chain since I thought Old Bone was unavailable. How bad are those in comparison?

Wouldn't it be better to have Jupiter Ring + Perverse Demon Mask since both depend on the existing stats? 

How do you get Dark Ring? The website doesn't show where I can get it. 

The rest I will work on/towards. Thank you so much. 

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Please don’t link to banned websites. Also note I fixed the equipment links. In the future please use/link to the approved fansites for much more accurate information.

Thank you VModIceCreamCake.

Edited by Joel1990, 27 May 2022 - 03:38 AM.

#4 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 May 2022 - 07:51 PM

Thank you so much. I fairly didn't think anyone would respond. This is a helpful insight.

Few questions, I didn't know Old Bone Circlet was even available coz it's never on vendors and it's not dropped. JDR is dropped atleast but never seen it vendored so am assuming it's in the Billions. Can Bone Circlet be crafted in Renewal? I didn't know. 

I was using Vanargand Helm + Fenrir Chain since I thought Old Bone was unavailable. How bad are those in comparison?

Wouldn't it be better to have Jupiter Ring + Perverse Demon Mask since both depend on the existing stats? 

How do you get Dark Ring? The website doesn't show where I can get it. 

The rest I will work on/towards. Thank you so much. 

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Please don’t link to banned websites. Also note I fixed the equipment links. In the future please use/link to the approved fansites for much more accurate information.

Thank you VModIceCreamCake.

These are great questions.

For me the Vanargand Helma and Fenrir Chain is good it really depends on how your gameplay will be. Vanargand's effects also turn off if you're wearing Evil Dragon Armor which in most cases is a staple nowadays.

If you want to craft the Old Bone Circlet, you can refer to the Nightmare Biolabs Headgear on iROwiki: https://irowiki.org/...Headgear_Quests

The reason why OBC is so good with crit gx build is the fact that its craftable and every level of sharp enchant you get is 10% crit damage. I personally am running a crit RK with the Old Rune Circlet with Sharp 5 enchant. That's 50% crit dmg on top of the headgears stats and the slot.

I'd be much more inclined to pass my hp and sp leeching from the armor since it doesnt constrict you with the accessory side and maximizes your damage whilst being a more accessible option.

Dark Ring came out about 2 months ago from OCP 35. It's a scroll item and has many uses with all gx builds. If its too expensive, you can always go for JRing and PDM since its more accessible and readily available in the market.

Unfortunately, most of the new stuff doesnt show up in the iRO DB since they probably dont have the time to update it but the best place to look at items is in Divine Pride. Below is the link for the Dark Ring stats.

https://www.divine-p...037/dark-ring-1

The beauty about renewal is that there are different builds but there are a lot of ways they can run. It all depends on what's available to you and the way you play the game. There's no streamline way of doing things because  unlike classic or pre-renewal, you have a variety of options depending on your budget. Even if you want to do F2P gaming, you can literally run a build with just crafted gears. Its just finding the time to do all the quests and hunt all the materials that's all.

I hope this helps, I can answer as many questions as best as I can.

#5 Joel1990

Joel1990

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 04:55 AM

Thank you so much, I will work on this and post something new If I get something in my head .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users