Returning Player [NON-STOP CRASHES] - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning Player [NON-STOP CRASHES]

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wonderpwny

Wonderpwny

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 12:22 AM

I desperately need some help! I was about to buy VIP and dive right in to RO for the first time in probably over a decade. I have reinstalled numerous times. I have tried running it in different resolutions and with different settings, selected different graphics cards that populate in the list. I have no idea why it just keeps randomly crashing. If you have a solution for me please save me! I just want to enjoy some nostalgia with a friend :D

#2 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 05:53 PM

I desperately need some help! I was about to buy VIP and dive right in to RO for the first time in probably over a decade. I have reinstalled numerous times. I have tried running it in different resolutions and with different settings, selected different graphics cards that populate in the list. I have no idea why it just keeps randomly crashing. If you have a solution for me please save me! I just want to enjoy some nostalgia with a friend :D

What graphics card are you using? I remember there was (is?) a problem with AMD cards. There are some posts in the net you can check out. 

#3 Zaddygaga

Zaddygaga

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 06:04 PM

I hope that you're able to get your graphics situation figured out, sorry I can't be more helpful! Whenever you do, hit me up in game or on here. I'm a returning player, too, and it's been about a decade for me as well. Looking for a friend to enjoy some nostalgia with here, too. My IGN is ZaddyCorp. If I'm offline, hit me up on the forums! See you around!

All I can think is to uninstall everything, restart your PC, and reinstall to fully patch. But I see that you have reinstalled. The things you have tried are the same methods I would have used to troubleshoot. I hope someone can get you the answers you need. If you're able to solve it, let us know! I might need that solution another time.  :hmm:  :ic:

#4 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 01 June 2022 - 02:47 PM

Run the game using Direct 3D is my advice. I've had graphic card issues too, and the default has been the most reliable. Also, set the game's compatibility mode for Windows 7. I've just started playing regularly a couple weeks ago myself. hmu if you need anything, and welcome back!

IGN: Anthem Swordsong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users