June 9th Renewal Maintenance - Page 8 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

June 9th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
264 replies to this topic

#176 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3543 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 06:33 AM

Bruh? the main purpose of OCP is to make other skills more usable

#177 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 June 2022 - 06:38 AM

To all of you who complain about MVP changes:

Sin_titulo1.png

#178 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 11 June 2022 - 06:42 AM

Bruh? the main purpose of OCP is to make other skills more usable

okay so if you got better skills  what for?  for porings? C'mon bro  let's talk reality

Edited by Meddler01, 11 June 2022 - 06:43 AM.

#179 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 June 2022 - 06:43 AM

Dear GM/CM

Is theres no purpose of buying OCP anymore, upgrading anymore?

As far as i know, one of the MAIN PURPOSE of getting OCPs and upgrading items, is to KILL MVP and not normal monsters.

So if it the items we're spending on and WORKING HARD TO GET would only have 10% effect on those we INTENDED TO DEFEAT,

is there any purpose of buying OCP and upgrading anymore?

You have already put Phantom of Corridors in the game for peeps want to harder MVP, and here at Thor handful of people use that, almost nobody, so why make normal MVP hard to kill too?

Lol, the main purpose of OCPs is to kill MVPs? Em.. any official source to prove that?

U don’t have to buy OCPs and can just use in game gears for MVP hunting too. It is totally up to u :)

#180 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 11 June 2022 - 06:52 AM

Lol, the main purpose of OCPs is to kill MVPs? Em.. any official source to prove that?

U don’t have to buy OCPs and can just use in game gears for MVP hunting too. It is totally up to u :)

No use trolling me bro, peeps pm me with same sentiments ingame. Well, mine is that atleast i say my HONEST OPINION  to this, and nothing more, MANY are disappointed,

In the end, ONLY THE FEW will ENJOY AND TAKE ADVANTAGE of this kind of setting.

What ever happens i only want the game to exist at this point, WP please thread carefully, if you lost more people , servers go down, no matter what your opinion is---all time and effort put ingame will be wasted.

Edited by Meddler01, 11 June 2022 - 07:09 AM.

#181 CJhryxGami

CJhryxGami

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 June 2022 - 06:55 AM

Does anyone know how to change hairstyles to the alternate ones that used to be offered at the lighthalzen NPC? the ones that required 100 pcs of hair from different mobs? TA

#182 hoawt1ger

hoawt1ger

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 07:26 AM

Please come back 'Angel Poring Boot' and 'Poring Sunglasses'

#183 Fishoid

Fishoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 08:38 AM

For those who haven't even tried to MVP and are saying how much better it is have no idea what changes have happened. MVP have been made harder but the problem is they were not scaled in difficulties or buffed as such. There are some MVP's that should be easy for newer players to hunt like GTB. Low level boss, the card is worth a lot and it's a great place to start. Other MVP's like Valk, Ifrit and Beez should be harder to kill. What the update did was baselined all MVP's without any thought and made them take a lot less damage and added new skills.

All it did was widen the gap between the haves and the have nots. 

#184 tlc9711LOgo

tlc9711LOgo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 08:40 AM

Who put (pop bb) lots of MVP in nooby map.... xD

Edited by tlc9711LOgo, 11 June 2022 - 08:42 AM.

#185 Fishoid

Fishoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 08:47 AM

Who put (pop bb) lots of MVP in nooby map.... xD

Where?

#186 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 08:55 AM

No use trolling me bro, peeps pm me with same sentiments ingame. Well, mine is that atleast i say my HONEST OPINION to this, and nothing more, MANY are disappointed,

In the end, ONLY THE FEW will ENJOY AND TAKE ADVANTAGE of this kind of setting.

What ever happens i only want the game to exist at this point, WP please thread carefully, if you lost more people , servers go down, no matter what your opinion is---all time and effort put ingame will be wasted.

Lol, u didn’t use anything to prove ur point that OCP is mainly for MVP, and only use those words from complainers to justify ur opinion. U can say the reward sucks with this green aura, but only a few will enjoy? Did u do a through investigation on this? Please do more research before you speak out ur biased opinion :)

#187 thiagomestres

thiagomestres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 10:24 AM

I just cannot understand that if one REALLY loves playing this game, he/she will feel boring unless killing MVPs, very absurd lol. Actually true casual players like me will not care too much about killing MVPs, nor do I care any competitions in MVP hunting :)

Surely you must be trolling at this point, but if you truly don't care about mvps, then your opinion means nothing here.

It's like someone who doesn't even play WoE wanting to dictate something that affects only WoE players.

For those who haven't even tried to MVP and are saying how much better it is have no idea what changes have happened. MVP have been made harder but the problem is they were not scaled in difficulties or buffed as such. There are some MVP's that should be easy for newer players to hunt like GTB. Low level boss, the card is worth a lot and it's a great place to start. Other MVP's like Valk, Ifrit and Beez should be harder to kill. What the update did was baselined all MVP's without any thought and made them take a lot less damage and added new skills.

On top of that, a lot of the bosses still have bad to mediocre drops and you're bound to lose more exp. than actually gain from it. So what is really the point anymore? I cannot even enjoy the process itself, as once they AGI Up, it becomes a frustating mess dealing only 10% and still missing on top of that. It's not even a matter of skill, just the willingness to sacrifice your time and funds for something that is no longer fun nor rewarding.

So unless they are gonna immediatelly balance the classes, add better non ocp items and improve some of these bosses' drops/exp, then this was a terribly decision altogether.

Edited by thiagomestres, 11 June 2022 - 10:35 AM.

#188 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 10:56 AM

Surely you must be trolling at this point, but if you truly don't care about mvps, then your opinion means nothing here.

It's like someone who doesn't even play WoE wanting to dictate something that affects only WoE players..

Lol, funny logic again. What do u mean by caring about MVPs here? Spawn camping 365/24? I don’t care whether I can kill ALL MVPs one shot, and that’s not my goal to play this game :)

I also do ET and clab, but I won’t complain the green aura as -_- if I cannot kill the MVPs now. U complainers are like oh actually I should not be this weak, this game must suck xD

Edited by mic9010, 11 June 2022 - 10:57 AM.

#189 thiagomestres

thiagomestres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 11:10 AM

What do u mean by caring about MVPs here? Spawn camping 365/24? I don’t care whether I can kill ALL MVPs one shot, and that’s not my goal to play this game :)

I also do ET and clab, but I won’t complain the green aura as -_- if I cannot kill the MVPs now. U complainers are like oh actually I should not be this weak, this game must suck xD

You tell me, you were the one who said it. It's not even a matter of one-shotting the mvps, but how these boosts completely failed to level the ground and make mvp hunting actually rewarding.

Most mvps do not even have fixed spawn locations where you can really camp for them and the players that can actually OHKO every single mvp in the game are the ones that are the least affected by it anyway. In fact they probably prefer the green aura because they don't have to compete with poorer players, so the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Edited by thiagomestres, 11 June 2022 - 11:26 AM.

#190 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 11:23 AM

You tell me, you were the one who said it. It's not even a matter of one-shotting the mvps, but how these boosts completely failed to level the ground and make mvp hunting actually rewarding.

Most mvps do not even have fixed spawn locations where you can really camp for them and the players that can actually OHKO every single mvp in the game are the ones that are the least affected by it anyway. In fact they probably prefer the green aura because they don't have to compete with poorer players.

Lol, i really don’t care if I can one shot mvp or not. If I cannot kill, that’s it, why being able to one shot mvp matters so much here?

In terms of competition, if u r weaker, then u lose, what’s wrong with that? Do u want to make all MVPs one shotable by level 1 novice to achieve fairness?

FYI, those bugs u mentioned has nothing to do with green aura.

Edited by mic9010, 11 June 2022 - 11:29 AM.

#191 thiagomestres

thiagomestres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 12:00 PM

Lol, i really don’t care if I can one shot mvp or not. If I cannot kill, that’s it, why being able to one shot mvp matters so much here?

In terms of competition, if u r weaker, then u lose, what’s wrong with that? Do u want to make all MVPs one shotable by level 1 novice to achieve fairness?

You sure want to make this about one shotting mvps when most people in this thread already said multiple times they don't care if certain mvps took a bit longer to die if only the scalling was done properly and some of the rewards were improved to compensate. 

Ain't nobody talking about level 1 novices here. The weaker you refer to just means poorer, because most of the ones hunting these mvps are just as equally skilled at this game (that doesn't even require much skill to begin with) as others. Those "weaker" players were able to sometimes win low/mid mvp not because of their alt q, but because they made sure to hunt and find the mvp first than everybody else, aswell as kill them before someone with equipments that were worth literal trillions could.

And for people like us it was one of the few things that actually made the game fun, allowing us to get out of the boredom of staying on the same maps for weeks. Being able to have some variety as to what you were able to do in this game was greatly needed. It might not have been that way for you, but you are not the only type of player that exists and it's none of your concern how we chose to play the game. 

Again, as said before by other users, there were plenty of MVP in this game that were meant to be more of a challenge than a way for less fortunate players to get some exp and money. If they wanted to offer more challenge, they should've given the more outrageous boosts to these mvps that were meant to be challenging and whose drop/exp actually match their difficulty, while still allowing the lesser mvps to be able to be defeated by the ones who actually need them, even if they were still to be boosted, it shoudln't have come to a point where it removed any rewarding aspect of hunting them.

Edited by thiagomestres, 11 June 2022 - 12:14 PM.

#192 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 11 June 2022 - 12:32 PM

This. You can easily say bye bye to new players imemdiately.

WP should put buffed MvPs in special maps, where PvP is enabled there. That's the only way to give challenges to PvM pros.

#193 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 11 June 2022 - 01:27 PM

This. You can easily say bye bye to new players imemdiately.

WP should put buffed MvPs in special maps, where PvP is enabled there. That's the only way to give challenges to PvM pros.

So, your saying, that in order for newbies to try and kill lower-level MVPs, which is one of Fishoid's points, the MVPs need to be moved to a map where PvP is enabled. That way, higher-leveled players like you can kill them, since no one wants to be killed by you in WoE?

Perfect WP logic.

#194 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 02:13 PM

So, your saying, that in order for newbies to try and kill lower-level MVPs, which is one of Fishoid's points, the MVPs need to be moved to a map where PvP is enabled. That way, higher-leveled players like you can kill them, since no one wants to be killed by you in WoE?

Perfect WP logic.

I said, "buffed" MvPs in PvP-enabled field maps and they're for people who always complain PvM is to ez and such. Though pretty sure if WP made this happen, most people wouldnt even go there to hunt buffed MvPs because deep down, we all want to OHKO MvPs. Saying PvM is ez and iRO needs PvM challenge is a lie, its always been lol

And no, in WoE, I also die repeatedly. What are you smoking? Dying is part of a challenge (-_- talking is a bonus). You get to actually experience challenges as Ive mentioned many times already that, when you fight player enemies, they can learn and come back to counter you. MvPs dont do that.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 11 June 2022 - 02:15 PM.

#195 JinJakk

JinJakk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 02:57 PM

kRO don't have OCP and they can deal with greenaura MVP.

RO GGH spawned with greenaura MVP at episode 14(?)

So, what are you guys crying about the difficulty? 

#196 thiagomestres

thiagomestres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 03:15 PM

kRO don't have OCP and they can deal with greenaura MVP.

RO GGH spawned with greenaura MVP at episode 14(?)

So, what are you guys crying about the difficulty? 

No, but do you know what kRO has? A large enough playerbase that allows them to easily find parties, aswell as consistent updates bringing lots of equipments, instances, new classes and balanced skills.

Also, just so you know by the way, not having OCP does not equal to not having OP items available.

Edited by thiagomestres, 11 June 2022 - 03:28 PM.

#197 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 11 June 2022 - 03:17 PM

I said, "buffed" MvPs in PvP-enabled field maps and they're for people who always complain PvM is to ez and such. Though pretty sure if WP made this happen, most people wouldnt even go there to hunt buffed MvPs because deep down, we all want to OHKO MvPs. Saying PvM is ez and iRO needs PvM challenge is a lie, its always been lol

And no, in WoE, I also die repeatedly. What are you smoking? Dying is part of a challenge ( -_- talking is a bonus). You get to actually experience challenges as Ive mentioned many times already that, when you fight player enemies, they can learn and come back to counter you. MvPs dont do that.

You said "Special maps". Now your saying field maps? What exactly are you asking for? Whatever it is, it's probably not something WP is willing to do anyway.

As for WoE, I have no interest, thank you.

Edited by belld1711, 11 June 2022 - 03:18 PM.

#198 JinJakk

JinJakk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 03:26 PM

No, but do you know what kRO has? A large enough playerbase that allows them to easily find parties, aswell as consistent updates bringing lots of equipments, instances, new classes and balanced skills.

Also, just so you know by the way, not having OCP does not equal not having OP items available.

Consistent updates, that we will be eventually getting, but on a slower side.

OP items, that we will get in the form of kachua, or even in the form of updates.

And what's yr take on RO GGH that are currently on episode 14? 

#199 thiagomestres

thiagomestres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 03:39 PM

Consistent updates, that we will be eventually getting, but on a slower side.

OP items, that we will get in the form of kachua, or even in the form of updates.

Much MUCH slower side. Maybe even years, which by that point, even more people will have already left the game (if the server doesn't die by then).

OP items that are often altered, turned into cash exclusive, seasonal and overpriced. Not to mention hard to get as the market is quite dead as it is. 

#200 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 03:47 PM

You said "Special maps". Now your saying field maps? What exactly are you asking for? Whatever it is, it's probably not something WP is willing to do anyway.

As for WoE, I have no interest, thank you.

"WP should put buffed MvPs in special maps, where PvP is enabled there. That's the only way to give challenges to PvM pros."

Nothing changed there. I'm saying the same what I said. WP should put buffed MvPs in special maps, where PvP is enabled there.

Buffed MvP = Green aura MvP

Special maps = Maps where these Green aura MvPs reside and PvP mode enabled to make it challenging for PvM pros.

Nothing hard to understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users