• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tswizzy

Tswizzy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 07:36 AM

Is the iRO wiki up to date for the hunter builds?

I read on older posts Agi falcon spends the most money but on the wiki it says it's for new players with no money...

I also saw on Reddit just a few days ago someone said Falcon build is a weak gimmick build and DS build with Dex Int is still the best, but DS build is not even listed in the Hunter wiki, I was also curious how good sp Regen is with Dex Int build can you really spam DS without needing to heal sp? I definitely cannot afford sp potions

There are posts even recently in the last year in this forum that Dex Agi build is the traditional build still seems very popular but that is also not listed in the Hunter wiki builds, and how do you even recover sp with that kind of build?

So what is the best build for new player like me with no money? I already put a lot in Agi and luk at job 40 Archer now so looks like I'm stuck and will need to do Agi Falcon build, don't want to waste a free stat reset :(

#2 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 06 July 2022 - 10:42 AM

Agi builds are def better for newer players, cause you can take advantage of flee to reduce the use of potions since you get hit less often, even with high amounts of int hunter wont get much SP to be worth it, its mainly if you like the hunter trap playstyle. At your level it wont make much of a difference so, keep your build get some jobs after hunter, try the traps and if you like it go for it. ;)

#3 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 July 2022 - 12:58 PM

With how far the game has come compared to when it started, its no surprise how older builds are simply neglected. With the amount of time players spend rushing through first and second jobs then rebirth to trans to get to 3rd jobs as quickly as they can, older builds seem to require less thought than it did back in classic or pre-renewal. 

The difference with renewal compared to classic and pre-renewal settings is that your stats will not matter. Renewal has always been equipment first then match your stats and skills to whatever you're using. Stats play a minimal role nowadays except when we're talking about lowering VCT, FCT or resistance to negative buffs. 

If you are a free-to-play player and dont want to spend any money til maybe when you get to 3rd class, i suggest thinking about what you want to do when you get to Ranger. Whichever build you want to go for there will be staple gears whether its lower or mid tier or endgame gears. Its best to visualize what you plan your Ranger to do and start building your stats and skills when you rebirth to trans just to minimize the need for resetting (although there is a free one-time stat and skill reset but you wouldn't want to waste that unless its a major change).

By the time you're a Ranger you'll forget what Double Strafe, Arrow Shower or even Auto Blitz was like. These skills are obsolete when you compare to the damage you get with Arrow Storm or Focus Arrow Strike or even Aim Bolt. If you're into the whole lazy gameplay where you just wanna click and kill like a blitzer, the Auto Warger is probably the best for you. You get better damage than auto blitz and you can ride your warg so its faster walking. And no you can't have your falcon and warg on at the same time.

When looking at stats, one piece of advise I can give is that if you have an idea of what gears you'll be using (regardless of what tier it is) its good to scale your stats to the requirements of those gears before you hit 3rd class. For example if you wanna run Little Garden you'll need 125 luk to maximize the damage bonus, what you can do is during your trans days make sure you're already at 99 Luk so that the gap batween getting the maximum output is not that far for when you're already a Ranger. Same concept would be if you plan on running Temporal Dex Boots with a 120 dex requirement. Its best to be 99 dex before you move on. Always visualize and do your research on what build you wanna go for and what gear you can use thats within your means and build your character from there. There are gears which require you to have a certain skill to get bonuses and that's also good to know just so you dont keep on resetting your stats and skills every now and then.

Also, theres unlimited free skill reset in Prontera and Izlude (https://irowiki.org/..._Skill_Resetter) so long as you're below level 100 so make sure you do this before going Ranger because neuralizers are expensive and can easily be avoided with careful planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users