Old player coming back, PixelBot? Multi-client banned? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Old player coming back, PixelBot? Multi-client banned?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 04:14 PM

Hi!

First time playing in almost a decade on this server, played Classic for a bit and i loved it. Had the itch again to play my main character after all these years.

My first night i didn't have any issues with duel clienting. But, i talk to a few people in game that they are still multi-clienting so i didnt feel this is banned. but i even redownloaded the client fresh from the website or even on steam and i still get this PixelBot message.

I can't find if theres a fix. But, it kicks me out almost instantly once i log in. 

Please help if there is a solution. Just want to support my alt characters/accounts.

Thank you x)

#2 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3524 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 04:19 PM

Steam users are gettin issues with dual client bruh. Better download client on WP website just sayin.

Edited by Boyeteers, 11 July 2022 - 04:19 PM.

#3 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 04:30 PM

I deleted both. hopefully this works.

#4 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 04:32 PM

Steam users are gettin issues with dual client bruh. Better download client on WP website just sayin.

I deleted both. Tried steam by itself. Then i tried The WP on its own as well. And im still getting the pixelbot message.

#5 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 09:02 PM

so i found out i dont crash when im in full screenmode, but alt tabbing is way slower.

anyone have a fix for windowed mode for not being pixel botted?

#6 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 12 July 2022 - 07:54 AM

How is your cpu usage with windowed multi-client? Windowed uses way more cpu than fullscreen and that may be causing issues, if your cpu usage isn't very high it may be a background app that is being flagged as malicious software by EAC so try to close/end task anything thats not essential before playing to see how it goes.

#7 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9312 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 12 July 2022 - 01:08 PM

Pixelbot is usually triggered by anything that causes an overlay iirc. So stuff that does popup notifications like if you have discord or something open might be causing it.

#8 ch3ncho

ch3ncho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2022 - 02:13 PM

Hey Keitobi, old player who just logged in last week again as well.. I've had a bunch of issues with the newer windows and the current iRO client but the PixelBot error I had, was triggerd by the Xbox Companion app. I think the xbox overlay might have bugged it out.  

I am still having issues every time the windows defender asks for permission or the screen goes to sleep. The only way I can dual client at the moment is opening as many RO launchers you want and then opening them after the Windows permission prompt is over. 

The client also seems to just quit on occasion. I thought it had something to do with the newer costumes/effects as it happened to me multiple times while walking in town (seems more frequent in town) but it's happened while hunting. 

Seems like the iRO client doesn't like the newer software / OS.

If you know fixes to my issues, I would appreciate them as well. gg gl

#9 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 12 July 2022 - 04:13 PM

im still on w10 cause i hate to update stuff but, I noticed that the client likes to crash if you dont minimize it before opening a new one. I hope devs get this figured out soon.

#10 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 July 2022 - 05:55 PM

Pixelbot messages are usually a hit or miss. They can be triggered by anything as simple as apps running with your client like steam, or even vpns if you're using that. In my experience, NordVPN doesnt give me any of the errors.

For the auto close issue. Go on your gravity folder and look for the file named dbghelp.dll. Rename this to dbghelp_old.dll. If an auto close does occur, there will be an error message that pops up as this is usually caused by a sprite error. You can just minimize that and continue with your game and not have to worry about it auto closing.

For resolution issues, Ragnarok falls in between a weird predicament as it is an old game running on dx8.1 which means newer gpu's dont even recognize them. The most common issue you will encounter is when you are unable to adjust your resolution on setup.exemon your main gravity folder and look for the savedata folder. On there you will find a LUA file named OptionInfo. Right click on it and open as notepad. Or just open notepad and drag the file onto it. At the bottom look for WIFTH and HEIGHT and adjust it to your current monitor preference. This should fix the resolution issue manually.

#11 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 July 2022 - 09:32 PM

How is your cpu usage with windowed multi-client? Windowed uses way more cpu than fullscreen and that may be causing issues, if your cpu usage isn't very high it may be a background app that is being flagged as malicious software by EAC so try to close/end task anything thats not essential before playing to see how it goes.

I have a 16 core cpu. and i thought ive tried closing everything in the background and start up and go straight to log in. i open one game and as soon as i open another patcher just instantly start crashing the clients.

#12 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 July 2022 - 09:41 PM

Pixelbot is usually triggered by anything that causes an overlay iirc. So stuff that does popup notifications like if you have discord or something open might be causing it.

so far i turned off nvidia, windows xbox game overlay. while having discord and steam not open from start up on computer.

#13 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 July 2022 - 09:45 PM

Hey Keitobi, old player who just logged in last week again as well.. I've had a bunch of issues with the newer windows and the current iRO client but the PixelBot error I had, was triggerd by the Xbox Companion app. I think the xbox overlay might have bugged it out.  

I am still having issues every time the windows defender asks for permission or the screen goes to sleep. The only way I can dual client at the moment is opening as many RO launchers you want and then opening them after the Windows permission prompt is over. 

The client also seems to just quit on occasion. I thought it had something to do with the newer costumes/effects as it happened to me multiple times while walking in town (seems more frequent in town) but it's happened while hunting. 

Seems like the iRO client doesn't like the newer software / OS.

If you know fixes to my issues, I would appreciate them as well. gg gl

im using windows 10, and i turned off the xbox game overlay and still have issues.

for the crashes "Go on your gravity folder and look for the file named dbghelp.dll. Rename this to dbghelp_old.dll."

#14 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 July 2022 - 09:54 PM

Pixelbot messages are usually a hit or miss. They can be triggered by anything as simple as apps running with your client like steam, or even vpns if you're using that. In my experience, NordVPN doesnt give me any of the errors.

For the auto close issue. Go on your gravity folder and look for the file named dbghelp.dll. Rename this to dbghelp_old.dll. If an auto close does occur, there will be an error message that pops up as this is usually caused by a sprite error. You can just minimize that and continue with your game and not have to worry about it auto closing.

For resolution issues, Ragnarok falls in between a weird predicament as it is an old game running on dx8.1 which means newer gpu's dont even recognize them. The most common issue you will encounter is when you are unable to adjust your resolution on setup.exemon your main gravity folder and look for the savedata folder. On there you will find a LUA file named OptionInfo. Right click on it and open as notepad. Or just open notepad and drag the file onto it. At the bottom look for WIFTH and HEIGHT and adjust it to your current monitor preference. This should fix the resolution issue manually.

ive turned off everything from background to startup. and still nothing.

i already did the _old files

and i get a error "Cannot init d3d OR grf files has problem." when i try to 2560x1440 which is my monitor preference unfortunately.

Seems to only be in windowed mode i get this PixelBot error.

#15 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 July 2022 - 03:38 AM

ive turned off everything from background to startup. and still nothing.

i already did the _old files

and i get a error "Cannot init d3d OR grf files has problem." when i try to 2560x1440 which is my monitor preference unfortunately.

Seems to only be in windowed mode i get this PixelBot error.

Definitely odd, I've had similar problems when i built my new pc on a ryzen 5 5600g apu. Reinstalled like 7 times before it ran properly. 3-weeks ago I installed a 1660 super onto the pc and had more issues. it seems because most games nowadays are running on dx 12 and ragnarok only running on dx 8.1, newer components are having issues sort of "slowing down" for the game I feel. Nvidia cant even calculate ragnaroks fps just coz its so old so yeah haha!

#16 KeitobiPepsi

KeitobiPepsi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 11:10 PM

UPDATE FOR WINDOW MODE

So far ive been able to get it to work in windowed mode with no issues now.

the changes ive made so far

- Included the game to be allowed with Windows Firewall

- Change the windows capabilities to old faithful > Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

- Changed everything to off or low on Nvidia managing 3D settings

What i do is if i have a open client, i minimize all open clients and load in another patcher and it simply works after that. haven't had any issues alt tabbing between accounts. works pretty smoothly. sometimes i get errors. but i just minimize again and we working great.

Hope this helps with anyone else,
Cheers!

#17 AyyDeeKBH

AyyDeeKBH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 09:56 PM

UPDATE FOR WINDOW MODE

So far ive been able to get it to work in windowed mode with no issues now.

the changes ive made so far

- Included the game to be allowed with Windows Firewall

- Change the windows capabilities to old faithful > Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

- Changed everything to off or low on Nvidia managing 3D settings

What i do is if i have a open client, i minimize all open clients and load in another patcher and it simply works after that. haven't had any issues alt tabbing between accounts. works pretty smoothly. sometimes i get errors. but i just minimize again and we working great.

Hope this helps with anyone else,
Cheers!

How did you do this? I did all the changes but every time I open a client, the previous client stops responding 

Edited by AyyDeeKBH, 15 August 2022 - 10:57 PM.

#18 valarauko

valarauko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 04:28 PM

Hi Pepsi! I'm back-ish too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users