Make a new server (Monthly subscription) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Make a new server (Monthly subscription)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 yuckani

yuckani

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 July 2022 - 02:01 AM

Since Ragnarok Chaos can't be saved anymore i suggest you staff of warp portal to make a new server following the next steps.

Make it monthly subscription pay 2 play, that's right forget about F2P nobody cares about that garbage and it only cause trouble

Remove Kafra shop and  stop with the garbage P2W everyone is bored of that -_-.

Now every gear of of chaos renewal should be obtainable in game by doing quest, drop, etc but in game terms not related with real money and only usable by PVE purposes.

For PVP and woe should only be allowed battleground items without mvp and boss cards.

That's it i'll guarantee you if do these simple steps you are going to swim in money, everyone is hungry for a good server of ragnarok without p2w it doesn't matter if it's classic or renewal just give us a p2p server and everyone will be happy.

Edited by yuckani, 15 July 2022 - 02:04 AM.

#2 Zobaa

Zobaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 03:03 AM

I think many players like me are waiting for a server like this. I hope it doesn't take long for them to want to do this. A server with the same mechanics as RT but with monthly fee and without bugs and especially without bots.

Edited by Zobaa, 15 July 2022 - 03:03 AM.

#3 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 July 2022 - 05:34 AM

Ive got a better idea. Disable OCPs and MvPs in Chaos and see how it goes first. Players would instantly quit. Most Chaos players love being OP but will complain game is too ez.

Also, VIP must be a character bound on new server too lul

#4 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 July 2022 - 09:18 AM

right, make a new server when their current one is filled with so many bugs and complaints

#5 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 July 2022 - 07:16 AM

right, make a new server when their current one is filled with so many bugs and complaints

This is my main concern right here. Every time they fix something in Chaos, two more bugs pop up. How can they dedicate their time to a new server? They can't at all really. Because at the end of the day, if something happens, they'll close the new server and keep maintaining the Chaos server.

I would be onboard with y'all. But I just can't see it being successful while Chaos is open and falling apart. And you can't really close Chaos without losing more people or having it to fall back on if the new server fails.

#6 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 July 2022 - 10:52 AM

I think they should just merge Chaos and Thor before they release any new content. Be good to only have one server for the influx of private server players flocking to iRO. Nova's already defaulted the court hearing so its only a matter of time before players find out and "chaos" sparks until the server is eventually shut down. We will definitely see a number of them here and it'd be better if they only had one server to choose from, although Chaos is a probably choice because of population but yeah the merge would increase the playerbase and at also supply of some items, even old ones from dormant accts of long ago.

#7 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 17 July 2022 - 04:10 PM

$10 per account?

This server won't sustain more than 1/2 year, given the current situation, we have like 1.3k account online at the same time, max income per month shouldn't be more than $30,000 and how will WP sustain with just $30,000 per month? Not even sure with this amount, can we still afford Campitor, Garnet, Magnus and the GM team...

#8 Larry321

Larry321

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 17 July 2022 - 11:11 PM

I think they should try to lure Ragnarok Europe over for a merge besides Thor merge.

#9 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 10:41 AM

i stop spending money on this server because of so many bugs never fixed. i keep on playing now because is free.

We all know WP by now, i have zero confident that if they start over a new server they will do a better job (just look what happend to transcendence RO, classic, etc lol).

if they try to charge me monthly i'll quit in a second.

Edited by RonSilver, 18 July 2022 - 10:41 AM.

#10 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 10:50 AM

Lol I bet they just can’t do this right now coz of staffing issue.

#11 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 12:13 PM

New server? Really? They can't even fix costume enchants. New enchantable costumes rollback after every maintenance and we have to beg for fix over and over again. I used to spend money every paycheck but no more, I'm sick of all the nonsense. And I have also incouraged my whole community that plays to stop support as well. Lets see if this elevates their thinking.

#12 Kaimaa

Kaimaa

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 06:08 AM

The sad truth is that iRO already reached the point of no return. It will permanently close soon.

#13 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 10:50 AM

0s9e2Nf.jpg

i'm not paying for this crap!

#14 IDexter

IDexter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBeyond the wall

Posted 20 July 2022 - 09:22 AM

This is my main concern right here. Every time they fix something in Chaos, two more bugs pop up. How can they dedicate their time to a new server? They can't at all really. Because at the end of the day, if something happens, they'll close the new server and keep maintaining the Chaos server.

I would be onboard with y'all. But I just can't see it being successful while Chaos is open and falling apart. And you can't really close Chaos without losing more people or having it to fall back on if the new server fails.

bug-programmer.gif

#15 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 20 July 2022 - 11:44 AM

The sad truth is that iRO already reached the point of no return. It will permanently close soon.

Yeah less than 1k online.

Even WP brought in updates, green aura to make PvM more difficult (not challenging) as requested, some people quit doing ET. We got SR and SE as requested, notging changed. Even we got 4th classes, people would still quit.

kRO knows about iRO better than we know ourselves hahaha

#16 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 20 July 2022 - 12:58 PM

Since Ragnarok Chaos can't be saved anymore i suggest you staff of warp portal to make a new server following the next steps.

Make it monthly subscription pay 2 play, that's right forget about F2P nobody cares about that garbage and it only cause trouble

Remove Kafra shop and  stop with the garbage P2W everyone is bored of that -_-.

Now every gear of of chaos renewal should be obtainable in game by doing quest, drop, etc but in game terms not related with real money and only usable by PVE purposes.

For PVP and woe should only be allowed battleground items without mvp and boss cards.

That's it i'll guarantee you if do these simple steps you are going to swim in money, everyone is hungry for a good server of ragnarok without p2w it doesn't matter if it's classic or renewal just give us a p2p server and everyone will be happy.

Nothing's a guarantee, but it would be nice on paper. Chaos is pretty much in an "it is what it is" state. It's painted into a corner. The things that break the game are what the players that are willing to spend money on love, and removing them would remove the server's funding. Their best bet on retaining players that don't like OCPs or getting anyone new who might be interested in a retro game is a new server done correctly; that means tested down to the last character animation (I'm looking at you, swordsman sprite with a blade that floated around their head like a helicopter in RoT)

Eh, we're all still here. It's not over yet.

#17 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 20 July 2022 - 01:03 PM

not to mention the recent return of gold.com spam bots to Prontera...

#18 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 July 2022 - 07:25 AM

I think they should just merge Chaos and Thor before they release any new content. Be good to only have one server for the influx of private server players flocking to iRO. Nova's already defaulted the court hearing so its only a matter of time before players find out and "chaos" sparks until the server is eventually shut down. We will definitely see a number of them here and it'd be better if they only had one server to choose from, although Chaos is a probably choice because of population but yeah the merge would increase the playerbase and at also supply of some items, even old ones from dormant accts of long ago.

good joke, the pserver crowd hate gravity and all their regional slaves with a passion, more than ever before. sure some dozen will be so addicted that they might have a look, and will turn away as soon as they see the state iRO is in, the first shop they open in pront will make them quit.

#19 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 July 2022 - 01:11 PM

^ yep.

I've considered doing a video on what the new player experience is like, not using any of my existing characters or gear, trying to level from 1-max. I keep coming back here not only because I'd like to support the official game, but also because I have funds. Sad to say, if I didn't have the zeny, I'd be less likely to play because of the ungodly inflation.

Kind of a broken record here, but Chaos should be left in perma-development mode, and a clean renewal server should be put in place.

Edited by havocstopper, 21 July 2022 - 01:28 PM.

#20 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 July 2022 - 08:51 PM

I had around 20b lying on my account which I reactivated shortly after the ban of pservers, spent one week using the money to equip a GX pretty decently, stopd playing 2 weeks later because the content is dull, boring, and theres no real reason to grind for MvP cards orso in a game that is this dead and no endgame worth working for. I cant imagine how terrible it must be for people without funds, very very disturbing I bet. And officials dont do anything about it for decades. To please the some dozen freaks that cry "we had to work so hard for our stuff so all newbies need to waste a decade of their life just like we did", lots of those people in this forum here as well, hope you enjoy the results of your narcistic behaviour <3

#21 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 10:37 AM

"we had to work so hard for our stuff so all newbies need to waste a decade of their life just like we did", lots of those people in this forum here as well, hope you enjoy the results of your narcistic behaviour <3

Yeah, that's another problem; the shaming others for not suffering through the same problems vets have. It's probably a topic best for another thread, but I'm glad I'm not the only one that's bothered by this.

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 22 July 2022 - 11:03 AM

im pretty sure no one cares about that anylonger, but go on

#23 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 11:44 AM

IRO down to 1k right now is 80% players' mentality and 20% WP's incompetence and mismanagement.

#24 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 07:14 PM

im pretty sure no one cares about that anylonger, but go on

I know you were part of those wannabe elitists, you seemd to care a lot back then, now the server is dead, as people like me said. But yea, wannabe elitists dont care anymore if they are proven false, then it doesnt matter anymore :D

#25 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 23 July 2022 - 01:42 AM

mhm sure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users