Returning player. Need advices - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning player. Need advices

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 mantebose

mantebose

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 July 2022 - 04:42 PM

Hi!

I have not played for a long time and would like to continue now, but I do not know whether my builds, and in general do not know what content is relevant now and where to go. 

As far as I see, forum isn't super active anymore and threads with builds looks pretty outdated. Is there any other communications options except forum? I've found iro wiki discord but can't authenticate there, since I'm not receiving auth code on my phone. Not sure what the problem is..

Previously I have played RC GX, he's 150 lvl, but I'm not sure if this build is still relevant. And he had pretty good equip for that time.. Would appreciate if someone could guide me..

Also I have 116 RK with resetted skills and stats, but don't know either what to do with him.

For now, only interested in the pve content, I want to relax a little and gradually figure out what's what now. Therefore, I would like to make a strong PvE character, which will be able to close the actual content on its own. 
Thanks!

#2 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 July 2022 - 04:00 PM

I would recommend posting on the community chat page rather than here as this side of the forum isn't the most active.

In terms of meta right now for GX, the Meteor Assault build has been very effective with a lower cost of entry in corelation to the amount of damage you make. Also getting at least the core items of build is enough to even surpass other classes endgame gears without burning a hole through your wallet.

In my opinion, in terms of efficiency, the sera build for gx ma is a good entry for new or even returning players. Its basically running your build to 120 int to get the bonus from Seraphim Coronet (https://www.divine-p...eraphim-coronet) at +250 attack. Next would be the most essential which is Enforcer Shoes (https://www.divine-p.../enforcer-shoes ) basically helps you bypass normal and boss monsters hard defense while also giving you an anomally of various pumps with the right skill allocation. Since you're at level 150 you can use Thanatos Katar(https://www.divine-p...hanatos-katar-1 ) which is craftable by getting 200 Gray Shards from multiple runs of Ghost Palace (this instance is very easy even with minimal gear ) plus it combos with Ruff Officer (https://www.divine-p.../ruff-officer-1 ) which not only gives you attack pump but also reduces your FCT bt 0.1s per upgrade level abover 10. You will need at least +13 so your Meteor Assault has no cast.

Everything else tbh is interchangeable. I'd recommend Evil Dragon Armor (https://www.divine-p...-dragon-armor-1) for survival and leveling but everything else you're all set.

In the end you'll have OP damage and just have to worry about pressing 1 button to kill mobs. Even with the new green aura update, damage is still quite significant for this build.

For future upgrades you can look into getting 1 or 2 Dark Rings (https://www.divine-p...037/dark-ring-1) but are too pricey to be honest but takes your damage from OP to Godlike in my opinion.

Edited by therevengeofnico, 20 July 2022 - 04:02 PM.

#3 mantebose

mantebose

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 July 2022 - 04:36 PM

Thanks.

I doubt that I'll be able to switch to MA now, since the prices are too high now comparing to what they were years ago, when I played last time. And I don't know where can I get money for enforcer shoes. Some people suggesting to greed in Low TI. Is it really possible to get there such money by selling stuff to npc? Cause from what I saw, currently equip costs hundreds millions zeny. I guess it possible to get that much money only by vending.. But again, don't know where to start. Same with leveling my GX. 

Here's my gear and stats

https://i.ibb.co/6PBFNyn/gx.jpg

#4 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 July 2022 - 11:35 PM

Thanks.

I doubt that I'll be able to switch to MA now, since the prices are too high now comparing to what they were years ago, when I played last time. And I don't know where can I get money for enforcer shoes. Some people suggesting to greed in Low TI. Is it really possible to get there such money by selling stuff to npc? Cause from what I saw, currently equip costs hundreds millions zeny. I guess it possible to get that much money only by vending.. But again, don't know where to start. Same with leveling my GX. 

Here's my gear and stats

https://i.ibb.co/6PBFNyn/gx.jpg

Yes, greeding in LOW TI is quite prosperous that's how I started. Especially after tomorrow's maintenance there will be Mavka's in there so lots of Witherless Rose to greed. I'm actually farming there all weekend just to save up. Although Enforcer Shoes are expensive, compared to the other gear some people are running, its already considered cheap. Another option would be to finish quests for Episodes 16.1 16.2 and 17.1 to get access to the Noblesse, Imperial and Grace Armor sets. At your level the Grace set would be best as its required level 150. For GX, there's the Grace Rolling Suit (for rolling cutter) and Grace Assassin Suit (for critical builds). The best thing about this is that the upgrading to +9 can be done using a ticket that is exchanged by turning in the corresponding materials from Episode 17.1. Basically either pair the Grace Rolling/Assassin Suit with Grace Attack Manteau, Grace Attack Boots and Grace Attack Ring and that's decent enough for a free to play option at this point. Episode 17.2 is coming out as well and there will be new weapons can be hunted in instances.

#5 mantebose

mantebose

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 July 2022 - 11:26 AM

Oh. Thank you for info. Mavka's should be great. Just need to up someone to 70 lvl. Is there any specific fast route for leveling up character to 70 nowadays? Or just stick to Eden quests and boards and use Eden equipment? 

I've also heard about those Grace sets. For sure will try to get them. Didn't get only about tickets for upgrading to +9. Is there any guides on that or any place where I can read about it? 

#6 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 July 2022 - 12:03 PM

Oh. Thank you for info. Mavka's should be great. Just need to up someone to 70 lvl. Is there any specific fast route for leveling up character to 70 nowadays? Or just stick to Eden quests and boards and use Eden equipment? 

I've also heard about those Grace sets. For sure will try to get them. Didn't get only about tickets for upgrading to +9. Is there any guides on that or any place where I can read about it? 

At the moment irowiki isnt updated with guides for where to get those as WP doesnt run the wiki site. My advise would be to finish Episodes 16.1, 16.2 and 17.1. Get the noblesse set first after finishing the Royal Banquet. I dont have any particular links to guides for them but i know where the npcs are where you can do the exchange. For the upgrade tickets to +9, you can exchange them with the same npc.

If you're planning on just creating any character to lvl 70 and use heroic backpack, may i suggest making a gunslinger. Payon Town boards (spores particularly) from lvl 1-20 or until you get your desperado at lvl 10. Then move on to Sunken Ship. Just fly wing and desperado. Make sure to bring some strawberries you pickup from the spores. It would help if you had CVB but not entirely necessary. at lvl 40 you can do the Alberta town board for Pirate skels. If you have some sticky webfoot you can do the eden collect quest for 56-71 then you're all set to greed in low ti.

#7 mantebose

mantebose

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 July 2022 - 02:07 PM

Thanks. I guess I'll find the right npc during my journey through quests. 

I was thinking about leveling my merchant to 70. Don't remember which level he's exactly. Probably around 40-50. Plus he have a cart and increase weight limit, so he could spent more time inside low TI than Gunslinger. But will see how it goes with his leveling. 

#8 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 July 2022 - 03:36 PM

Thanks. I guess I'll find the right npc during my journey through quests. 

I was thinking about leveling my merchant to 70. Don't remember which level he's exactly. Probably around 40-50. Plus he have a cart and increase weight limit, so he could spent more time inside low TI than Gunslinger. But will see how it goes with his leveling. 

Yeah man its a lot of work but it'll be worth it in the end. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users