August 4th Renewal Maintenance - Page 2 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

August 4th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#26 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 04 August 2022 - 06:38 AM

I support Chakri's idea; Merge Chaos and Thor!

Congrats, your justice level has increased from 65% to 69% xD

#27 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 318 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 August 2022 - 09:06 AM

you are not allowed to write in red

You can write messages with red letters but the combination of both Red letters and Bold type is reserved for CM/VM edits on other's forum user's messages to clearly indicate someone else is speaking.

Any messages with text that is Bold and Red will be edited but if the text is either only bold or only red then it is fine to use.

#28 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 09:08 AM

When is the next Alchemist Rank reset? I thought they were supposed to be done quarterly.

#29 Willtcg

Willtcg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 10:12 AM

Hi,

Just want to ask on where I can find the costumes and their stone effects if I convert the costume into a stone in Malangdo? Sorry noob question here...

https://irowiki.org/..._Stone_Enchants

Good luck!

#30 raymond0509

raymond0509

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Server:Dead

Posted 04 August 2022 - 11:09 AM

Please fix Imperial Glory description. Thanks!

#31 Willtcg

Willtcg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 11:14 AM

@CMGarnet @Campitor we need some bot patrol to check Eden and Prontera, there are bots spamming link for supposed site to sell zeny for money. There is no use in only blocking accounts, novices lv 1 are being used, some consistent measures need to be used.

#32 twakragnarok

twakragnarok

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 11:52 AM

No current issues with the maintenance updates.

I know many players have a considerable amount of wish list type concerns and balancing issues but those take time to complete and I suspect you will do your best!

Spotlight

Thank you for noticing and taking action concerning the Spotlight issue, again as a wish list type item of my own I would like to see the Spotlight functional and moving about the world. I do understand however, based on the current resolution that it may be more than a simple moving of the Spotlight and perhaps an issue with the Spotlight feature itself. Thank you again!

Gameplay concern

Context: I am a returning player from years and years ago. I am having a blast playing the game and experiencing content that I either never made it to, or that didn't exist during my time. Thank you so much!

Concern: I know that using third party programs and macros are largely prohibited and that players found to be utilizing them will suffer consequences. In light of this I am surprised to find so many players using things of this nature apparently with no concern for the rules, the consequences, or more importantly the affect their actions may have on other players. One specific issue that has plagued my time playing since my return is what I am calling Teleporting Asshats ( Pardon my language ). The aforementioned individuals have a macro set up to fly wing or teleport around a map, wait a few moments, use an AOE ability to kill mobs, use the Greed ability to loot, and repeat. There are some variations depending on the class and location but the primary principles remain the same. I know this will be a little long but I will try to be brief while explaining the issues in detail and will provide some possible solutions as well, because I know you cannot monitor every map in the game all the time.

Issues created by TAs ( see above )

1. The map itself becomes a respawn nightmare for anyone who isn't a TA. ( I am a returning player so many of my current builds are AGI based in order to help with consumable costs so if even as few as 5 mobs respawn and attack I am often doomed. )

2. If you are fighting and need to clear mobs before looting often a TA may pop in to Greed away any of your loot that has passed the short timer preventing others from taking it.

3. Market destabilization. Purchasing items from other players is already a dicey proposition at best. The prices of items seem to be set around the concept that you have access to areas where you can farm millions within very short periods of time, new players simply do not. I am not sure how exactly the prices became so high but it makes little sense for an item that is only really useful to new players leveling new characters to be so far out of their price range as to make them seem impossible to acquire. The TAs worsen this situation by focusing on areas where they can make significant profits from the items they have acquired which makes these areas drastically more difficult as such I have chosen to avoid several maps based on their abuse that otherwise might make costs seem more reasonable. This grows even worse because now the TAs have more funds and since they didn't actually have to put any effort into acquiring them, they have no reason to be conservative in their purchases further inflating the market.

4. Gramps. Gramps is easily one of the most fun ways to level, earn merit badges, and funds. The maps are filled with combinations of monsters that you don't see on the regular maps making for some challenging combinations ( some so much that I even walk away in failure to wait for the next rotation ). If a TA gets into Gramps, which happens on the regular, say goodbye to this feature, because unless you have incredible gear ( which you don't if you are new ) or a specific type of character you can no longer survive for the reason listed above ( 1. ).

Teleport Solutions ( since GMs can't be everywhere and these individuals do not seem to care about consequences )

1. Global cooldown attached to Teleport in any form ( Fly wings, ect. ) of 5-10 seconds after use preventing all skill use and attacking with the exception of using Teleport again ( you made need to use something like the window a monk has for combo skills to create this effect ). I like this solution because if you are using Teleport for nearly any reason other than being a TA it doesn't negatively affect you. You can still use Teleport to escape a bad situation or move yourself around a map to get closer to an exit. This would cause enough of a delay that many TAs would simply get mobbed and die however if they are strong enough that this doesn't stop them it will at least slow them down allowing respawns on the map to be more manageable. This change would also allow players to hopefully be able to catch the names of the TAs so they can be reported for their violations.

2. Lock down many locations so that fly wings cannot be used especially if that map is part of a current event. I am not a fan of this solution because it requires a lot of micro management and also removes fly wings as an escape or travel tool on said maps.

Greed Solutions

1. Removal of the skill greed. As much as I might disagree with removing skills instead of balancing them, lets face it Greed isn't a necessary skill. Every player can pick up items and they can pick them up at the same speed as anyone else, unless that player has Greed. The only thing the skill does is make looting faster and give you the ability to rob items from others by 'accident'.

2. Let every class acquire Greed through a skill quest. This might be a better solution since Greed can be acquired in other ways already and the first solution would make those items useless or requiring a change. This would simply mean that players would have an equivalent opportunity to keep their loot.

3. Change the function of Greed. Remove the looting in an area and instead add another effect. Perhaps Greed would become a buff that while active adds a chance of zenny from every kill. Perhaps Greed would become a passive with a very low ( .05 or less ) chance of doubling any item you picked up.

This may seem like a bit of rant, though it is not intended to be such, and most likely belongs in another thread, however I am placing it here in hopes it will receive more visibility. Thank you so much for keeping Ragnarok Online alive and I hope to see many great things ahead!

#33 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2022 - 11:58 AM

Are you guys still on track of fixing FAS with the Q3 updates?

Also can you guys provide something like a one-time costume enchant transfer service for free? Your enchantable costume list is updating so slowly that we still have very limited options to enchant as of now. If you make your enchantable list bigger in the not so near future, I also wish you guys can consider let us transfer whatever enchant we have to newer costumes.

Edited by mic9010, 04 August 2022 - 12:00 PM.

#34 chiefkikahoe

chiefkikahoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 12:38 PM

I support Chakri's idea; Merge Chaos and Thor!

I Support Chakri & Divine’s Idea; Merge Chaos and Thor! And reset Alchemist Rankings

Edited by chiefkikahoe, 04 August 2022 - 12:51 PM.

#35 MicahMalicious

MicahMalicious

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1352 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 01:35 PM

I Support Chakri & Divine’s Idea; Merge Chaos and Thor! And reset Alchemist Rankings

@camp make it happen! it will help pvm/pvp area, and also make it easier for your staff  :wub:

#36 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 01:37 PM

no mention of quest reset for characters who already done. or did it already happen?

#37 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 04 August 2022 - 01:45 PM

I feel like disabling teleport in gramps is not that bad of an idea, then people would have some incentive to party up to have sustain to do stuff if not, at the very least would improve the value of the items you get from it.

i wont agree on disabling greed tho, i can see how it can be bad when you have a lot of people teleporting in the same map and "accidentaly" grabbing your stuff, but thats mostly due to teleport cause if you just telport + greed spamming of course thats gonna happen often, if you are walking towards someone to greed then you just an A**hole, teleport gives you plausible deniability thats all, but grabbing stuff one by one is really annoying specially if its a card buried under tens of drops so i cant stand for disabling it my bad.

Edited by vividort, 04 August 2022 - 01:47 PM.

#38 twakragnarok

twakragnarok

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 03:33 PM

I feel like disabling teleport in gramps is not that bad of an idea, then people would have some incentive to party up to have sustain to do stuff if not, at the very least would improve the value of the items you get from it.

i wont agree on disabling greed tho, i can see how it can be bad when you have a lot of people teleporting in the same map and "accidentaly" grabbing your stuff, but thats mostly due to teleport cause if you just telport + greed spamming of course thats gonna happen often, if you are walking towards someone to greed then you just an A**hole, teleport gives you plausible deniability thats all, but grabbing stuff one by one is really annoying specially if its a card buried under tens of drops so i cant stand for disabling it my bad.

I can completely understand this viewpoint and sorry that I overlooked the getting one drop under a mountain of trash issue. In this particular case I believe my second solution for the Greed issue would be preferable. I would still support the other solutions including the disabling of Greed but the second might be the most agreeable overall.

#39 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 04 August 2022 - 03:44 PM

This may seem like a bit of rant, though it is not intended to be such, and most likely belongs in another thread, however I am placing it here in hopes it will receive more visibility. Thank you so much for keeping Ragnarok Online alive and I hope to see many great things ahead!

First off, I don't like the idea of teleporting having a cooldown. People use it for various reasons, mostly to look for mobs to kill. Other uses are to travel between maps faster. Example would be Juno to Nogg Road. Using a flywing just to end up in an area full of aggressive mobs you're trying to avoid isn't that bad. Unless you add a cooldown to the flywings. Then that trip to Nogg just got a hell of a lot more annoying, either by dying, or spending too much time killing.

TAs. Most of the ones you describe (teleport, cast a skill, greed, and teleport) are NOT macros. They are bots. Plain and simple. You can tell because most of them don't have their names in the whisper window. If you try to whisper them, you just speak out loud instead. You don't need a macro to do those 3 functions. Just a few F keys. F1-teleport. F2-Skill. F3-greed. They should be checked out and taken care of, yes. But disable/change skills because of them??

As far as people looting in TI, it's not "accidental" most times. It can be annoying, yes. Especially when you "need" healing items that the mobs are dropping, and someone just swoops right in and snatches them, it's frustrating. But you really can't say much when people SUGGEST doing that for newer players to make some zeny. Some of the people stationary in TI are AFK autocast builds anyway. Why not loot them? They're not picking up their items...

Edited by belld1711, 04 August 2022 - 03:44 PM.

#40 twakragnarok

twakragnarok

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 03:59 PM

First off, I don't like the idea of teleporting having a cooldown. People use it for various reasons, mostly to look for mobs to kill. Other uses are to travel between maps faster. Example would be Juno to Nogg Road. Using a flywing just to end up in an area full of aggressive mobs you're trying to avoid isn't that bad. Unless you add a cooldown to the flywings. Then that trip to Nogg just got a hell of a lot more annoying, either by dying, or spending too much time killing.

TAs. Most of the ones you describe (teleport, cast a skill, greed, and teleport) are NOT macros. They are bots. Plain and simple. You can tell because most of them don't have their names in the whisper window. If you try to whisper them, you just speak out loud instead. You don't need a macro to do those 3 functions. Just a few F keys. F1-teleport. F2-Skill. F3-greed. They should be checked out and taken care of, yes. But disable/change skills because of them??

As far as people looting in TI, it's not "accidental" most times. It can be annoying, yes. Especially when you "need" healing items that the mobs are dropping, and someone just swoops right in and snatches them, it's frustrating. But you really can't say much when people SUGGEST doing that for newer players to make some zeny. Some of the people stationary in TI are AFK autocast builds anyway. Why not loot them? They're not picking up their items...

I agree on the cooldown for TP, sorry about my phrasing but the CD would be for everything else EXCEPT being able to TP again, apparently I just worded it poorly. As to your second point about TAs the reason I suggest making changes on a grander scale than just individually tracking these players down and banning them, or whatever consequence is justified, is because no one can be everywhere at once. These TAs whether bots or actual players ( I despise the bots even more, but who doesn't )  need actual systems in place to moderate this behavior so that genuine 'playing' of the game will be more advantageous than exploiting the system. I agree that 'accidental' is not the right term but the way the system is leaves room for plausible deniability, assuming you can even get someone to respond to you when you speak to them, assuming you can even click on them fast enough to open a chat window.

#41 Cataskung

Cataskung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for Costume Released Ground not being exchanged to Costume Box 15. 

#42 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 04:02 PM

server not up yet?

#43 raymond0509

raymond0509

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Server:Dead

Posted 04 August 2022 - 04:05 PM

Please add job shadow enchantment box in next kachua

#44 PlsUnbanEurope

PlsUnbanEurope

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 04 August 2022 - 04:12 PM

up lol i must play

#45 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 04 August 2022 - 04:13 PM

I agree on the cooldown for TP, sorry about my phrasing but the CD would be for everything else EXCEPT being able to TP again, apparently I just worded it poorly. As to your second point about TAs the reason I suggest making changes on a grander scale than just individually tracking these players down and banning them, or whatever consequence is justified, is because no one can be everywhere at once. These TAs whether bots or actual players ( I despise the bots even more, but who doesn't )  need actual systems in place to moderate this behavior so that genuine 'playing' of the game will be more advantageous than exploiting the system. I agree that 'accidental' is not the right term but the way the system is leaves room for plausible deniability, assuming you can even get someone to respond to you when you speak to them, assuming you can even click on them fast enough to open a chat window.

We do have a system in place for bots. It's called "Easy Anticheat". GMs can't be everywhere, sure. But that's what the ticket system is for.

As for asking "TAs" to stop looting. First off, if you want to go into TI and want your loot, I'd highly suggest investing in either a blacksmith, Hero Backpack, or Greed scrolls. Second, have a couple of phrases hotkeyed. People who play SNs do this already. That way, you can press a button and it'll say a phrase to anyone nearby asking to leave your drops alone. Having more than one can help circumvent the repeat filter. Third, killers already have loot priority. It's not long, especially in TI, but it does give you a chance to grab what's rightfully yours, especially with Greed.

#46 CravenCrowe

CravenCrowe

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 04:23 PM

I'm having issues login into my account, are servers down?

#47 twakragnarok

twakragnarok

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 04:24 PM

We do have a system in place for bots. It's called "Easy Anticheat". GMs can't be everywhere, sure. But that's what the ticket system is for.

As for asking "TAs" to stop looting. First off, if you want to go into TI and want your loot, I'd highly suggest investing in either a blacksmith, Hero Backpack, or Greed scrolls. Second, have a couple of phrases hotkeyed. People who play SNs do this already. That way, you can press a button and it'll say a phrase to anyone nearby asking to leave your drops alone. Having more than one can help circumvent the repeat filter. Third, killers already have loot priority. It's not long, especially in TI, but it does give you a chance to grab what's rightfully yours, especially with Greed.

Whilst I understand the " Easy Anticheat " system is in place it unfortunately isn't very effective as these bots are still very prevalent and active. Some simple overall changes to make their current behavior not as appealing seems simpler than just basically telling players they need to catch these individuals in the act and submit a ticket. That idea is somewhat like not putting a lock on your tenants front door and telling them to report if someone breaks in and you'll investigate after the fact. 

To your second point. I understand there are things I can do to try to mitigate people just taking whatever they want but those things require myself as a player to spend my money and time trying to prevent someone from doing something they shouldn't be doing in the first place and hoping that I am faster than they are or that they are a decent enough person to leave me alone. It also again assumes they are even listening. I also would like to mention that my second solution of all classes having access to Greed at least evens the playing field without players having to invest in specific items to compensate. 

To your third point. I really like the loot priority, however we wouldn't even be having this discussion if it were long enough to mitigate this issue.

Thank you very much for your input! It isn't simply me ranting about something I don't like but presenting ideas to solve a few systemic issues that have a heavy impact on new players getting to enjoy the game.

#48 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 04 August 2022 - 04:25 PM

Server not up? Let me open new costumes already ~

#49 CMMuji

CMMuji

AHHHHHHHH~!

• Community Managers
  • 218 posts
  • Twitter:@cmMuji

Posted 04 August 2022 - 04:32 PM

Hewoooo yalll~ we are now opennnnn!! aaAAAAAH c:

#50 vitharol

vitharol

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 07:27 PM

what the heck! this happen always, u are being force out of the instance randomly! SOOOO WEIIIRD, not funny at all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users