August 4th Renewal Maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

August 4th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#51 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 02:17 AM

dang bruh these stones are lot harder to get. 3/10 costumes to get costume 15 box then another 1.6/100 chance to get 1/8 to get random sumthin`. That's roughly 0.06% chance of gettin` a Job class stone Garment. On top of that, there's 50/50 chance of success lmao RIP.

Edited by Boyeteers, 05 August 2022 - 02:21 AM.

#52 T1tanG3l

T1tanG3l

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 03:29 AM

No current issues with the maintenance updates.

I know many players have a considerable amount of wish list type concerns and balancing issues but those take time to complete and I suspect you will do your best!

Spotlight
Thank you for noticing and taking action concerning the Spotlight issue, again as a wish list type item of my own I would like to see the Spotlight functional and moving about the world. I do understand however, based on the current resolution that it may be more than a simple moving of the Spotlight and perhaps an issue with the Spotlight feature itself. Thank you again!

Gameplay concern
Context: I am a returning player from years and years ago. I am having a blast playing the game and experiencing content that I either never made it to, or that didn't exist during my time. Thank you so much!

Concern: I know that using third party programs and macros are largely prohibited and that players found to be utilizing them will suffer consequences. In light of this I am surprised to find so many players using things of this nature apparently with no concern for the rules, the consequences, or more importantly the affect their actions may have on other players. One specific issue that has plagued my time playing since my return is what I am calling Teleporting Asshats ( Pardon my language ). The aforementioned individuals have a macro set up to fly wing or teleport around a map, wait a few moments, use an AOE ability to kill mobs, use the Greed ability to loot, and repeat. There are some variations depending on the class and location but the primary principles remain the same. I know this will be a little long but I will try to be brief while explaining the issues in detail and will provide some possible solutions as well, because I know you cannot monitor every map in the game all the time.

Issues created by TAs ( see above )
1. The map itself becomes a respawn nightmare for anyone who isn't a TA. ( I am a returning player so many of my current builds are AGI based in order to help with consumable costs so if even as few as 5 mobs respawn and attack I am often doomed. )
2. If you are fighting and need to clear mobs before looting often a TA may pop in to Greed away any of your loot that has passed the short timer preventing others from taking it.
3. Market destabilization. Purchasing items from other players is already a dicey proposition at best. The prices of items seem to be set around the concept that you have access to areas where you can farm millions within very short periods of time, new players simply do not. I am not sure how exactly the prices became so high but it makes little sense for an item that is only really useful to new players leveling new characters to be so far out of their price range as to make them seem impossible to acquire. The TAs worsen this situation by focusing on areas where they can make significant profits from the items they have acquired which makes these areas drastically more difficult as such I have chosen to avoid several maps based on their abuse that otherwise might make costs seem more reasonable. This grows even worse because now the TAs have more funds and since they didn't actually have to put any effort into acquiring them, they have no reason to be conservative in their purchases further inflating the market.
4. Gramps. Gramps is easily one of the most fun ways to level, earn merit badges, and funds. The maps are filled with combinations of monsters that you don't see on the regular maps making for some challenging combinations ( some so much that I even walk away in failure to wait for the next rotation ). If a TA gets into Gramps, which happens on the regular, say goodbye to this feature, because unless you have incredible gear ( which you don't if you are new ) or a specific type of character you can no longer survive for the reason listed above ( 1. ).

Teleport Solutions ( since GMs can't be everywhere and these individuals do not seem to care about consequences )
1. Global cooldown attached to Teleport in any form ( Fly wings, ect. ) of 5-10 seconds after use preventing all skill use and attacking with the exception of using Teleport again ( you made need to use something like the window a monk has for combo skills to create this effect ). I like this solution because if you are using Teleport for nearly any reason other than being a TA it doesn't negatively affect you. You can still use Teleport to escape a bad situation or move yourself around a map to get closer to an exit. This would cause enough of a delay that many TAs would simply get mobbed and die however if they are strong enough that this doesn't stop them it will at least slow them down allowing respawns on the map to be more manageable. This change would also allow players to hopefully be able to catch the names of the TAs so they can be reported for their violations.
2. Lock down many locations so that fly wings cannot be used especially if that map is part of a current event. I am not a fan of this solution because it requires a lot of micro management and also removes fly wings as an escape or travel tool on said maps.

Greed Solutions
1. Removal of the skill greed. As much as I might disagree with removing skills instead of balancing them, lets face it Greed isn't a necessary skill. Every player can pick up items and they can pick them up at the same speed as anyone else, unless that player has Greed. The only thing the skill does is make looting faster and give you the ability to rob items from others by 'accident'.
2. Let every class acquire Greed through a skill quest. This might be a better solution since Greed can be acquired in other ways already and the first solution would make those items useless or requiring a change. This would simply mean that players would have an equivalent opportunity to keep their loot.
3. Change the function of Greed. Remove the looting in an area and instead add another effect. Perhaps Greed would become a buff that while active adds a chance of zenny from every kill. Perhaps Greed would become a passive with a very low ( .05 or less ) chance of doubling any item you picked up.

This may seem like a bit of rant, though it is not intended to be such, and most likely belongs in another thread, however I am placing it here in hopes it will receive more visibility. Thank you so much for keeping Ragnarok Online alive and I hope to see many great things ahead!

. I do agree on the bots/macro specially on Gramps map, I think the best solution we can have w/o effecting active lvling players is to disable mistress wing & beezlebub wing on Gramps map, and only allow them to use fly wings, with this they can only carry few hundreds wings per character which with the macro set up skill+greed+ teleport will only give them around 10-20mins and they cannot leave the bots for too long, with this players can still warp around the map and look for mobs using flywings or creamy card, the only map outside Gramps that they macro set up is on nogg2 which is only for a few limited levels effectively,94-130 ...they can't macro on maps like NCT,turtle,abyss gh,illusion maps,due to the no. Of mobs in there compared to the mobs condensation on Gramps which guarantee 100% kill per teleport, so yeah @camp @magnus I do hope u take action to those multiple tab bots on gramps

Edit: I created a thread about this and in hopes GM/WP will notice and finally take actions

Edited by T1tanG3l, 05 August 2022 - 03:39 AM.

#53 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:thor

Posted 05 August 2022 - 04:14 AM

i'm in the same boat. there's an easy workaround for this. i can't say it here though. i had to mention it cause i think this whole BSOD problem with EAC warrants it.

clue: you can run RO client without EAC running, saving you from BSOD in the process. But that's all i can say.

first of all im glad im not the only one experiencing from eac , second i dont think i want to try that it would be risky on my client and my account, anyway if this hasn't been resolve im going to RO GGH i don't know if they use eac but i hope they dont...

#54 trumppybear

trumppybear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:07 AM

. I do agree on the bots/macro specially on Gramps map, I think the best solution we can have w/o effecting active lvling players is to disable mistress wing & beezlebub wing on Gramps map, and only allow them to use fly wings, with this they can only carry few hundreds wings per character which with the macro set up skill+greed+ teleport will only give them around 10-20mins and they cannot leave the bots for too long, with this players can still warp around the map and look for mobs using flywings or creamy card, the only map outside Gramps that they macro set up is on nogg2 which is only for a few limited levels effectively,94-130 ...they can't macro on maps like NCT,turtle,abyss gh,illusion maps,due to the no. Of mobs in there compared to the mobs condensation on Gramps which guarantee 100% kill per teleport, so yeah @camp @magnus I do hope u take action to those multiple tab bots on gramps

Edit: I created a thread about this and in hopes GM/WP will notice and finally take actions

FYI, there were around 3 macro bots taking its gang with mistress wing at illusion turtle 1f during exp event.

#55 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2022 - 02:58 PM

Whilst I understand the " Easy Anticheat " system is in place it unfortunately isn't very effective as these bots are still very prevalent and active. Some simple overall changes to make their current behavior not as appealing seems simpler than just basically telling players they need to catch these individuals in the act and submit a ticket. That idea is somewhat like not putting a lock on your tenants front door and telling them to report if someone breaks in and you'll investigate after the fact. 

To your second point. I understand there are things I can do to try to mitigate people just taking whatever they want but those things require myself as a player to spend my money and time trying to prevent someone from doing something they shouldn't be doing in the first place and hoping that I am faster than they are or that they are a decent enough person to leave me alone. It also again assumes they are even listening. I also would like to mention that my second solution of all classes having access to Greed at least evens the playing field without players having to invest in specific items to compensate. 

To your third point. I really like the loot priority, however we wouldn't even be having this discussion if it were long enough to mitigate this issue.

Thank you very much for your input! It isn't simply me ranting about something I don't like but presenting ideas to solve a few systemic issues that have a heavy impact on new players getting to enjoy the game.

The Anticheat program isn't perfect, no. But it's a whole hell of a lot better now than it used to be. You should check the pics in the airstrike thread. A minimum of twenty bots on the spore map. Taking half an hour to get 20 kills. It was... ugh! Trust me, it's a lot better now. But yeah, your example is flawed. The Anticheat program is the lock. You're the resident, and WP the police. If you catch a bot in the house, you don't just go out onto your front porch and yell at people like me that it isn't fair. You report them. 

You don't have to spend your money to get something like greed scrolls, a blacksmith, nor HBP. You can buy them from players (except blacksmiths, of course.) But like I said before, looting in TI is what veterans of the game recommend to newbies to make zeny. You could do it too. Level a merchant to blacksmith, gain access to the greed skill, empty the cart except for a bunch of flywings (and mail yourself flywings, too) or hunt/buy a creamy card, and go to town.

I guess you could slightly increase the time for loot priority, but the longer you make it, the longer stuff remain on the floor. TI would be a clutter. You wouldn't be able to walk around without having to pick up trash drops. That would be a headache for classes like Wizards which don't have (much) str, and therefore carrying capacity. They'd have to pick up an item to move, open inventory, drop and keep repeating just to follow their party around.

Trust me, I was on your end when talking about bots before Easy Anticheat, along with various other issues. The biggest thing you have to keep in mind is that WP has their hands tied when it comes to different things. Adding the greed skill to every class is one thing I don't see them getting the greenlight for, especially when Rogues have to learn Piece, which is a skill that's not even implemented in order to get another skill (scribble) which does work. 

Edited by belld1711, 05 August 2022 - 03:02 PM.

#56 Olbone

Olbone

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 August 2022 - 03:38 PM

dang bruh these stones are lot harder to get. 3/10 costumes to get costume 15 box then another 1.6/100 chance to get 1/8 to get random sumthin`. That's roughly 0.06% chance of gettin` a Job class stone Garment. On top of that, there's 50/50 chance of success lmao RIP.

As an old player that's why I don't spend a single cent in this game anymore, I've spent a lot of money over the years and several hundreds of dollars not long ago attempting to get a FCT Stone and got 1... but when I went for the enchantment it failed lol

#57 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 07 August 2022 - 05:39 PM

Save all the hassle and buy garment (with stone) for only 3b lol

#58 T1tanG3l

T1tanG3l

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 12:10 AM

FAS fix when? I thought u mentioned you guys are on it but then vanished again.....

#59 paulh3iness

paulh3iness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 09 August 2022 - 06:29 AM

Dear GM, 

Can you please fix wayne npc in hugel 71,86 coordinate location in exchanging prize medals. I have 6k prize medals and its kinda tired to select 1 at a time of specific items and dialouge of npc is too long. Can you change the amount of exchange instead of 1 make it how many to exchanged. 

Thanks GM more power.

#60 paulh3iness

paulh3iness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 August 2022 - 06:35 AM

Dear GM,

I have 30k pcs prized Medals to be exchanged meaning 30k pressing T_T Please fix also the dialouge of wayne. Thanks GM

#61 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:04 AM

Dear GM,

I have 30k pcs prized Medals to be exchanged meaning 30k pressing T_T Please fix also the dialouge of wayne. Thanks GM

what do you want to exchange though? for exp you can deposit up to 1000 before using them all

#62 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 05:03 PM

Fun Fact: Prize Medals can be exchanged to sumthin` good in the future 2069.

#63 paulh3iness

paulh3iness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 August 2022 - 07:11 PM

1 prized token = 1 mastela 

1 mastela = 5,100 zennies 

30,000 prized tokens x 1 mastela (5,100) overcharged merchant

30,000 x 5,100= 153,000,000 zennies 

That's a money ^_^

#64 paulh3iness

paulh3iness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 August 2022 - 07:13 PM

No problem on leveling I can level my characters on gramps and instances.

Money is important zennies ^_^

well if GM did'nt fix well manually patience will 

countdown 28k to go prized medals ahahah. good luck to me

#65 paulh3iness

paulh3iness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 August 2022 - 10:42 PM

Dear GM,

Can we have a Homunculus intimacy event its been a while since few years. Thx

#66 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2022 - 04:33 AM

Hi,

Anyone else notice their ping getting worse? Mine went up. I live in Sydney.

#67 GrimFlayer

GrimFlayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 04:52 AM

Hi CMs, are we having a hardware maintenance later? or content update maintenance? Thank you.

#68 LordXeres

LordXeres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 11 August 2022 - 05:33 AM

Teleport Solutions ( since GMs can't be everywhere and these individuals do not seem to care about consequences )
1. Global cooldown attached to Teleport in any form ( Fly wings, ect. ) of 5-10 seconds after use preventing all skill use and attacking with the exception of using Teleport again ( you made need to use something like the window a monk has for combo skills to create this effect ). I like this solution because if you are using Teleport for nearly any reason other than being a TA it doesn't negatively affect you. You can still use Teleport to escape a bad situation or move yourself around a map to get closer to an exit. This would cause enough of a delay that many TAs would simply get mobbed and die however if they are strong enough that this doesn't stop them it will at least slow them down allowing respawns on the map to be more manageable. This change would also allow players to hopefully be able to catch the names of the TAs so they can be reported for their violations.
2. Lock down many locations so that fly wings cannot be used especially if that map is part of a current event. I am not a fan of this solution because it requires a lot of micro management and also removes fly wings as an escape or travel tool on said maps.

Greed Solutions
1. Removal of the skill greed. As much as I might disagree with removing skills instead of balancing them, lets face it Greed isn't a necessary skill. Every player can pick up items and they can pick them up at the same speed as anyone else, unless that player has Greed. The only thing the skill does is make looting faster and give you the ability to rob items from others by 'accident'.
2. Let every class acquire Greed through a skill quest. This might be a better solution since Greed can be acquired in other ways already and the first solution would make those items useless or requiring a change. This would simply mean that players would have an equivalent opportunity to keep their loot.
3. Change the function of Greed. Remove the looting in an area and instead add another effect. Perhaps Greed would become a buff that while active adds a chance of zenny from every kill. Perhaps Greed would become a passive with a very low ( .05 or less ) chance of doubling any item you picked up.

This may seem like a bit of rant, though it is not intended to be such, and most likely belongs in another thread, however I am placing it here in hopes it will receive more visibility. Thank you so much for keeping Ragnarok Online alive and I hope to see many great things ahead!

I know I am late to reply to this but, OMG, these solutions sound so bad.
I am a leveling freak that likes to go to dangerous leveling spot so I can level a lot faster (hint: biolab 4 at level 100). If you put a cd on flowing, they will eat me alive. If you feel that you get mobbed a lot, there are a lot of places that you can go to with non aggro or low count mobs to level as well. It will be slow but you would be safe and won't get mobbed easily. I personally enjoy having to kill 30 mobs in 1 shot.
Disabling greed skill or changing it is current features is so wrong. Unless we have autopick greed is needed. I am not going to click 100 times to pick all the items dropped from my 30 mob kill.
Now, I am not saying that we should not do something about the TAs (I don't mean teacher's assistants, joke) but the solutions you suggested are, for a lack of better term, terrible. Though good try on coming up with something.
I would rather suggest that we get a guideline on how to report these TAs so that the 'justice' is swift.
Please let me have my intense leveling because that's one of the last things still enjoyable in game.

#69 3635131118123118023

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 07:16 AM

no maintenance for this week?

#70 CMGarnet

CMGarnet

A leetle Rubbish Wizard

• Retired
  • 225 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 08:35 AM

Hello!

Yes, Hardware Maintenance will begin shortly. Thanks  :Emo_12: 

Hi CMs, are we having a hardware maintenance later? or content update maintenance? Thank you.

no maintenance for this week?

#71 AstarLighting

AstarLighting

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 08:42 AM

No patches?
Wow serious...

#72 CMGarnet