Chaos Server - WoE 2 Time Change - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Chaos Server - WoE 2 Time Change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 CMMuji

CMMuji

AHHHHHHHH~!

• Community Managers
  • 218 posts
  • Twitter:@cmMuji
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 August 2022 - 01:30 PM

Greetings Midgardians!

We wanted to share some important information~

WoE Time Change:

• Chaos server only, WoE 2 returns to its Saturday 4pm-6pm time slot in the September Q3 update, currently scheduled for 9/29/22. 

We will be sure to inform the community if there are any changes to this plan. As always thank you for playing Ragnarok Online and we'll be seeing you in Midgard!

#2 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 01:48 PM

Looking forward for more ppls participating woe 2 lol

#3 SweetKarly

SweetKarly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Location~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 August 2022 - 01:57 PM

Greetings Midgardians!

WoE Time Change:

• Chaos server only, WoE 2 returns to its Saturday 4pm-6pm time slot in the September Q3 update, currently scheduled for 9/29/22. 

We will be sure to inform the community if there are any changes to this plan. As always thank you for playing Ragnarok Online and we'll be seeing you in Midgard!

Thank you so much <3

#4 sylwen

sylwen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 01:58 PM

thank you, looking forward to this

#5 Stormblitz

Stormblitz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 02:17 PM

Greetings Midgardians!

WoE Time Change:

If you're going to shift the WoE day to Saturday, you should at least ask the community and have a poll for several potential WoE2 times. At least this way everybody who participates can have a chance to pick their preferred time. eg. 4-6pm, 7-9pm server time, etc...then you adjust your schedule according to the results. This would be the fair way to do things, right?

Edited by Stormblitz, 12 August 2022 - 02:28 PM.

#6 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 August 2022 - 02:27 PM

WoE time change is always good. It helps to change things here and there esp. it offers opportunities for people who cant WoE at current time to be able to WoE.. I'm all for periodically change of WoE time. However, you should've definitely done a poll. Regardless, excited in seeing any returning players in WoE #Justice  :gg:

#7 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 02:32 PM

Nice~~ Thank you!

Can you also consider move WoE 1 time to Friday night, like 7pm to 9 pm PDT/PST?  That would be even nicer.

#8 Ishvalan

Ishvalan

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 03:11 PM

thank you! appreciated it.

#9 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 04:57 PM

It's pointless to change just Day without changing time.
No one can wake up 6am - 7am to join. 

not many people want to waking 6am - 7am and missing breakfast.

Please make WOE2 schedule earlier than current TE time. 
So people can WOE2 -> TE straight on.

(Sunday Morning for US , Sunday Night for east world) 
I think that's the best time for both west and east

Edited by zeywei, 12 August 2022 - 05:10 PM.

#10 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 05:24 PM

<snip>

When GM is deciding the time, they are always avoiding consecutive WoE time.  You don't know how hard it is for people to keep attending two consecutive WoE.  You don't know how tired it is to attend TE straight after WoE, so how can you request others to do so?

<snip>

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Please don’t be rude, and keep discussion relevant to the topic.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 13 August 2022 - 12:49 AM.

#11 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 07:44 PM

<snip>

When GM is deciding the time, they are always avoiding consecutive WoE time.  You don't know how hard it is for people to keep attending two consecutive WoE.  You don't know how tired it is to attend TE straight after WoE, so how can you request others to do so?

<snip>

<snip>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people still went to PVP after WOE2 ended.
Making WOE2 and TE straight will given their chance for redemption officially.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4pm-6pm PST Saturday are pointless to change. 
People from east will never wakeup so early to join, no matter it's Sat or Sun. 
And people from west mostly have their 100% free time on Sunday. 

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Adjusted quote, and removed response.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 13 August 2022 - 12:51 AM.

#12 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 08:33 PM

Em..maybe think about people not in ur time zone? Not everywhere in the world is 6-7 am for WOE2 i believe.

#13 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 08:53 PM

Em..maybe think about people not in ur time zone? Not everywhere in the world is 6-7 am for WOE2 i believe.

I just want to confirm.
In case they wish to invite more people from East joining WOE.   

4-6pm PST will never made it no matter Sat or Sun.

Unfortunately the most perfect time become TE time ( Sunday 7.00 - 8.00 am PST ) 

Since TE only take one hour how about  replace TE time to
WOE2  ( Sunday 7.00 - 8.00 am PST ) and continue with TE ( Sunday 9.00 - 10.00) ??

Or divide WOE2 into  Nidhoggur time / Valf time

- Nidhoggur time ( All Valf castles inactive ) Sunday 7.00 - 8.00 am PST 

- Valf time  ( All Nid castles inactive ) Saturday 4-5 pm PST 

I think WOE2 should  become 1 hour long for each day. 
Today most people just coming last 30min or 1 hour.

Edited by zeywei, 12 August 2022 - 09:22 PM.

#14 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 09:20 PM

I just want to confirm.
In case they wish to invite more people from East joining WOE.
4-6pm PST will never made it no matter Sat or Sun.

Unfortunately the most perfect time become TE time ( Sunday 7.00 - 8.00 am PST )
Since TE only take one hour how about replace TE time to
WOE2 ( Sunday 7.00 - 9.00 am PST ) and continue with TE ( Sunday 9.00 - 10.00) ??

Or divide WOE2 into Nidhoggur time / Valf time

- Nidhoggur time ( All Valf castles inactive ) Sunday 7.00 - 9.00 am PST
- Valf time ( All Nid castles inactive ) Saturday 4-6 pm PST

U don’t confirm with me please , it is not my personal decision, please check with WP team on the reasons behind this decision.

Also again, I want to point out that if the TE time is perfect for u, it does NOT mean it is perfect for many others. U can definitely ask for a more reasonable time slot from ur perspective, but u need to show more convincing reasons to support your argument. Sure, ur reasons make sense to urself, but please understand that you are not the only person doing WOE2/TE.

U made strong statements like “it will never work” etc, but never say never :)

Edited by mic9010, 12 August 2022 - 09:25 PM.

#15 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 09:27 PM

U don’t confirm with me please , it is not my personal decision, please check with WP team on the reasons behind this decision.

Also again, I want to point out that if the TE time is perfect for u, it does NOT mean it is perfect for many others. U can definitely ask for a more reasonable time slot from ur perspective, but u need to show more convincing reasons to support, not those reasons just from your own standpoint without taking other people into consideration.

Because currently people from East side already actively joined woe TE.
 Replace TE to become WOE2 would be easily made the most participants.

Reduce WOE2 duration  to 1 hour only , and schedule TE consecutively can make everyone join both WOE2 and TE  on Sunday. 
 Make WOE2 to Valf / Nidhoggur ( Sat / Sun ) can secure the current offered time (4-5 pm PST Sat ) for Valf castles

10 castles and 2 hours are pointless when only 2-3 guilds exist.
  Many guilds choose to appear just 1 last hour or 30min anyway.
  better become 5 castles and 1 hour for single WOE.  

Edited by zeywei, 12 August 2022 - 09:37 PM.

#16 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 09:45 PM

Because currently people from East side already actively joined woe TE.
Replace TE to become WOE2 would be easily made the most participants.

Reduce WOE2 duration to 1 hour only , and schedule TE consecutively can make everyone join both WOE2 and TE on Sunday.
Make WOE2 to Valf / Nidhoggur ( Sat / Sun ) can secure the current offered time (4-5 pm PST Sat ) for Valf castles

10 castles and 2 hours are pointless when only 2-3 guilds exist.
Many guilds choose to appear just 1 last hour or 30min anyway.
better become 5 castles and 1 hour for single WOE.

Ur points are valid, but again, either u or me cannot see the whole picture for all WOE2 participants. WP knows more user activity than both u and me, and if u check earlier threads, many people already request WOE2 to switch back to Saturday afternoon, and that’s probably why they made this decision. Also already a few people in this thread are supporting this time change :)

As for how many castles and how long, that has very little to do with what time WOE2 should start, that’s a very different topic :)

#17 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 10:13 PM

Ur points are valid, but again, either u or me cannot see the whole picture for all WOE2 participants. WP knows more user activity than both u and me, and if u check earlier threads, many people already request WOE2 to switch back to Saturday afternoon, and that’s probably why they made this decision. Also already a few people in this thread are supporting this time change :)

As for how many castles and how long, that has very little to do with what time WOE2 should start, that’s a very different topic :)

I believe WP never know anything regarding participants.
 WP never made any official WOE status site in the past 15 years. ( atleast that's what i know , im not that old player )
 https://choobs.org/renewalwoe2/stats  

WP cant depend too much on forum polls anymore 
 In the past WP followed forum oligarchies from the polls ,  and that's what make iRO so dead to day. ( community headgear / etc )

Today each of them quitted and blame WP for granted their requests.

Forum only show who's joining forum.  It does not including people from other platforms. (especially easterns no one use forum anymore) 

Edited by zeywei, 12 August 2022 - 10:21 PM.

#18 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 10:31 PM

I think whatever WP does, everyone is quitting regardless. That's why we need a new server asap lul

Just chill out and see how it goes. If you cant come WoE anymore after time change, unfortunately but it's what it is. We might gain some new/returning players to WoE. If it is dead, then it's dead not a big deal. Tbh, I was told prior to my return to WoE, WoE in past 1 year and a half was dead empty and only few people broke empty castles here and there  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#19 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 02:20 AM

should do a total region block outside America continent, saving a lot of headache trying to accomodate non Americans

#20 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 04:14 AM

I think whatever WP does, everyone is quitting regardless. That's why we need a new server asap lul

Just chill out and see how it goes. If you cant come WoE anymore after time change, unfortunately but it's what it is. We might gain some new/returning players to WoE. If it is dead, then it's dead not a big deal. Tbh, I was told prior to my return to WoE, WoE in past 1 year and a half was dead empty and only few people broke empty castles here and there  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

That is the question bruh. Why change woe times on Q3 when staffs gonna open up fresh server then ofc ppls on that server will schedule Sat WoE times. Then some ppls from Chaos will start playin fresh server another 1/2 Chaos won't WoE 2 the other 1/2 playin` WoE fresh server.

#21 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 06:02 AM

I believe WP never know anything regarding participants.
WP never made any official WOE status site in the past 15 years. ( atleast that's what i know , im not that old player )
https://choobs.org/renewalwoe2/stats

WP cant depend too much on forum polls anymore
In the past WP followed forum oligarchies from the polls , and that's what make iRO so dead to day. ( community headgear / etc )
Today each of them quitted and blame WP for granted their requests.

Forum only show who's joining forum. It does not including people from other platforms. (especially easterns no one use forum anymore)

WP doesn’t have the responsibility to check all social media or other forum websites around the world, nor are they obligated to create an official website for woe/te.

If u want to complain the voice of east people is not heard due to they not using the forum, again, it is NOT WP’s fault too. WP opened a poll in this forum (maybe) for everyone to participate, if east people don’t vote here, they are just giving the chance away themselves since that poll or whatever was what WP relied on. U cannot just express yourself at your home, and then hope everyone else in the world can hear and understand.

Edited by mic9010, 13 August 2022 - 06:03 AM.

#22 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 07:25 AM

WP doesn’t have the responsibility to check all social media or other forum websites around the world, nor are they obligated to create an official website for woe/te.

If u want to complain the voice of east people is not heard due to they not using the forum, again, it is NOT WP’s fault too. WP opened a poll in this forum (maybe) for everyone to participate, if east people don’t vote here, they are just giving the chance away themselves since that poll or whatever was what WP relied on. U cannot just express yourself at your home, and then hope everyone else in the world can hear and understand.

WP are business company , reaching new costumers , potential costumers are their default priority from very beginning.
 Business should go along with business strategy , not governing strategy.  (I believe that's reason iRO has less and less players , they using Governing strategy to Business )

I'm not complain about voice from east people , it's a simple fact that atleast 10,000 players from East side registered to WP.
they just never active in WOE / Forum.  And they  slowly quitting now.

It does not hurt anyone if WP does not care to reach them, they just logoff and enjoy other things.
Being government , residents chasing you .
Being business , you have to chase customers and people who are not customers.

#23 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 10:09 AM

WP are business company , reaching new costumers , potential costumers are their default priority from very beginning.
Business should go along with business strategy , not governing strategy. (I believe that's reason iRO has less and less players , they using Governing strategy to Business )

I'm not complain about voice from east people , it's a simple fact that atleast 10,000 players from East side registered to WP.
they just never active in WOE / Forum. And they slowly quitting now.

It does not hurt anyone if WP does not care to reach them, they just logoff and enjoy other things.
Being government , residents chasing you .
Being business , you have to chase customers and people who are not customers.

Again, neither you nor me works at warpportal, even if we do, we still probably won’t have 100% understanding of the company. A company has many other things to consider and has its own limitations. Maybe in ur city/country, business companies work like what you described, but again, please don’t generalize your personal opinion to be the ground truth.

Also for east players, if they don’t woe, then this decision probably has nothing to do with them quitting the game, also please don’t generalize at this point.

U r very welcome to apply to WP open positions and climb up to very high position, and then u can control what their business strategies should be :)

Edited by mic9010, 13 August 2022 - 10:12 AM.

#24 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 10:12 AM

Very true. A company has many other things to consider and has its own limitations. Thats why WP is un a great need to open a new server. I hope all loyal WP lovers and supporters will support WP xD

#25 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 August 2022 - 12:47 PM

nice, just in time for it to get changed again when the new server launches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users