The Lag. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The Lag.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 biology

biology

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

Hello. I've posted this in the old forums but I haven't figured this out yet.

When I first played on the Valk server, I lagged. A lot. Since I don't lag for any of the other games I play (TF2, TFC, L4D, L4D2, CS:S, CS1.6, Alien Swarm) which are more graphically intensive (and because so, I figure should lag more than RO) I figured that the lag was just a way for Gravity to say "hey, want no lag? Pay." So I did, but on Ymir, I lag just as bad.

No, I'm not on Comcast. I'm on Optimum Online, and it's not just the populated Prontera map I lag on. I lag on every single map, including the Novice grounds.
I've done some Googleing and it seems that other people have been having lag problems also (even those not on Comcast) and have left due to this. I figured that due to the cut in their pocketbook (small though it may be) this would be a priority situation - but I can't find a single post where Gravity states that they are working on this.

I was wondering if there's a fix for this (if it's on my side - I'm running Win7 Home Edition 64bit - though I doubt this is an issue since it lags on my XP and Vista PCs as well) or if it's on Gravity's end, if they're working on a fix for the lag.

I'm located in the East Coast USA if that helps at all.

Edited by biology, 22 July 2010 - 02:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users