What on Earth did I come back to - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What on Earth did I come back to

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 October 2022 - 11:20 AM

First off I'm legitimately shocked this account still exists after being abandoned for... 10 years? Which is approximately how long it's been since I last played iRO.

I played pretty regularly for about 5 years (give or take) between 2007 and 2012, was pretty active in WoE, hunted MVPs a little bit, the whole spiel. I actually still have some of my old screenshots somewhere.

I can't even remember my account information from my old account (not like it matters since I gave everything away before quitting anyway) so I guess it's a fresh start for me.

How drastically has Ragnarok changed since then? Is it still as active as it was back then, or has time been unkind to it?

#2 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationWarga +62
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 October 2022 - 05:30 PM

RO gets a huge drastical change since Renewal which affects levelling, character and monster stats and monster spawn location. Server is still active but obviously, this is like 20 years server where they put up alot of OCP, kachuas and gachas of OP equipments where everyone has them which makes levelling and MVPing very easy to solo

There is also changes for First and Job Classes skills since 2020 as well as recent 2021- 2022 changes for Third Job skills. Now not only you can get free Eden Gears, but now you can earn equipment sets past level 99 from Episode 16.1, 16.2, 17.1 main quests with also recent changes in Exp table that makes third job classes easy to level up (aside Expanded Classes).

If you just returned to play recently, there is booster character event which gives you Freebies (consumeables, equip sets). You should try it out to help you level up quickly and enjoy the new contents

#3 RTLM

RTLM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Location/merai
  • Server:Thor

Posted 04 November 2022 - 05:23 AM

iRO

Kachua

Gacha

The fact is Episode 9 notes from the official kRO Transcendent 2-1 2-2
Dancer/Bard ensemble skills were significant patches.

The Episode 5 Juno 2003
Episode 10 Schwarzwald 2005
has set the game for the renewal system.

For most returning players it is the
best choice, it is just bad that no
mobile game version is released.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 04 November 2022 - 11:03 AM

the general power level available (ingame as well but mostly premium gears) has absolutely skyrocketed, and with enough funds theres very little a single person cant do with any single class.
Various aspects of the game are trivialized once you get access to this level of power. WoE/PvP in general has long since been abandoned by the devs and then by the players. Some ppl still "WoE" but it isnt nearly as competitive or reliant of teamwork as it was in the past(as you can expect most people van get strong enough to decimate anyone in sight).

It is still enjoyable enough to approach more casually tho.

#5 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 04 November 2022 - 05:06 PM

It seems like the "MM" part of MMORPG is missing with RO and with Massively Multiplayer aspect gone you're left to wonder if you're really playing "Online" with other players or if this is just a regular RPG game.   :hmm:

Edited by freddym, 04 November 2022 - 05:08 PM.

#6 Gurrei

Gurrei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 07:29 PM

Hi guys~ Do you know a website name(which I forgot but it exist back then as ragial)

where we can type & search of a players character name and view its account to see how many alts it has made.

#7 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 11:48 PM

Hi guys~ Do you know a website name(which I forgot but it exist back then as ragial)

where we can type & search of a players character name and view its account to see how many alts it has made.

no longer exist too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users