Questions Section - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Questions Section

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 10:13 AM

I'm opening a topic called "Questions Section" here. Maybe it will be useful for players like me who are returning to the game after long years or just starting the game. Those who have questions ask their questions and experienced friends should answer. I hope it will be a useful thread. Let me ask the first question :)

1) Is there any difference between "Harpy Card" and "Raydric Card" other than 5% difference? If not, why is there so much price difference between them?

2) Do we have a "Irowiki Stat Calculator" alternative. (It looks very outdated)

#2 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 10:16 AM

https://www.divine-p...ed-raydric-card

i suggest you bookmark that site and use it to search for anything

Edited by YongkySH, 31 October 2022 - 10:17 AM.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 October 2022 - 10:25 AM

I'm opening a topic called "Questions Section" here. Maybe it will be useful for players like me who are returning to the game after long years or just starting the game. Those who have questions ask their questions and experienced friends should answer. I hope it will be a useful thread. Let me ask the first question :)

1) Is there any difference between "Harpy Card" and "Raydric Card" other than 5% difference? If not, why is there so much price difference between them?

2) Do we have a "Irowiki Stat Calculator" alternative. (It looks very outdated)

1) every little bit counts when you stack reductionds higher and higher. Also, and the main reason, Harpy is one of the most popular maps used for power leveling by decently geared people. The amount of harpies killed by the day in comparison to Raydrics isn't even comparable.

2) For any specific purpose? As a battle simulator, calc.irowiki hasn't been very useful for many many years. As a tool to plan stats around, it still works fine, same to check cast speeds and a few extra misc stuff. For a "combat simulator" there's compare.irowiki.org, which is just a site that does the atk/matk formula according to the data inputed there. It is very accurate, but can be a bit overwhelming to use at first.

#4 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 09:00 PM

1) every little bit counts when you stack reductionds higher and higher. Also, and the main reason, Harpy is one of the most popular maps used for power leveling by decently geared people. The amount of harpies killed by the day in comparison to Raydrics isn't even comparable.

2) For any specific purpose? As a battle simulator, calc.irowiki hasn't been very useful for many many years. As a tool to plan stats around, it still works fine, same to check cast speeds and a few extra misc stuff. For a "combat simulator" there's compare.irowiki.org, which is just a site that does the atk/matk formula according to the data inputed there. It is very accurate, but can be a bit overwhelming to use at first.

I wanted to check my damage output with desired equipments on irowiki stat calc. This way, I could see which combination gives me the maximum damage output. But since it isn't updated I can't compare gears. For example, when I choose GX, none of the renewal weapons is exist in the weapon list. I also can't see Arabian Manteau, General Helm etc. What do you suggest?

p.s. Will irowiki stat calc. get update in the near future?

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 01:19 AM

unlikely it will be updated.

The aforementioned, compare.irowiki.org can accurately compare between different pieces of gears. It won't give you your damage against a target, but how much ATK you reach with what you have(which in turn represents higher damage or lower)

#6 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 10:37 AM

Good evening :)

I managed the impossible and put the wrong card into a slotted gear  :blink:

Ok, What's done is done. As far as I know, there is a 5% chance to desocketing in Malangdo. So far I think I lost 12M and stopped without success.

I would request your desocketing experience. Did any of you succeed on desocketing and how many tries had you to succeed? 

Lastly, is there an easier/better alternative?

#7 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 03 November 2022 - 11:42 AM

no alternative

my cheapest desocket was 2m
most expensive was 257m

*sorry there are alternatives but use kafra points, the 25, 50, and 100% ones

Edited by Essmikayl, 03 November 2022 - 11:43 AM.

#8 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 07:11 AM

Thanks very much to all of you who answered my newbie questions patiently.

I have todays question for you :)

What's the price of a Maya Purple card (apprx.) and why is it account bound? Lastly, what's the easiest way to sell it?

#9 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 04 November 2022 - 07:18 AM

Good evening :)

I managed the impossible and put the wrong card into a slotted gear  :blink:

Ok, What's done is done. As far as I know, there is a 5% chance to desocketing in Malangdo. So far I think I lost 12M and stopped without success.

I would request your desocketing experience. Did any of you succeed on desocketing and how many tries had you to succeed? 

Lastly, is there an easier/better alternative?

I do 20m straight then recon then another 20m and so on
Least number of attempts: 1 try
Max number of attempts: 150m (sometimes I hate that cat)

I suggest that you measure the value of the card and item together before you attempt to decard. If it's a 15m item with a 1m armor, I don't think it's worth desocketing. I'd rather buy a new one.

What's the price of a Maya Purple card (apprx.) and why is it account bound? Lastly, what's the easiest way to sell it?

Why it's account bound is beyond my knowledge, but the price of it is at the 15m - 50m. The best way to sell it is to create a pub at Eden/ post a thread at the markets
mentioning that you are selling it and you require their headgear first to have the card equipped in it before they pay.

Edited by Vladdin, 04 November 2022 - 07:23 AM.

#10 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 12:39 AM

Thank you so much for the answers, as always!

Ok, I've a new newbie question for you :)

Q: I can see that there is an extremely overpowered weapon for GX, Juliette D. Rachel. Whats your P/C for it, and why can't I see that in shops? Is it account bound? Same questions goes for Bakonawa Agimat Tattoo. [I know P/C doesn't belong to this section, but market section looks pretty dead  <_< ]

#11 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Locationphone code +62

Posted 05 November 2022 - 01:29 AM

Thank you so much for the answers, as always!

Ok, I've a new newbie question for you :)

Q: I can see that there is an extremely overpowered weapon for GX, Juliette D. Rachel. Whats your P/C for it, and why can't I see that in shops? Is it account bound? Same questions goes for Bakonawa Agimat Tattoo. [I know P/C doesn't belong to this section, but market section looks pretty dead  <_< ]

JDR is 4b++
bako tat is good, but no one farm it anymore

#12 RTLM

RTLM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Location/merai
  • Server:Thor

Posted 05 November 2022 - 01:58 AM

LOCATION ALOLA CAP Pikachu?

Stacked reductions what do you mean stacked?

iRO calculator simulator check cast speeds ASPD
or the atk/matk formula...

Edited by RTLM, 05 November 2022 - 02:04 AM.

#13 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 06:16 AM

JDR is 4b++
bako tat is good, but no one farm it anymore

Wow! I didn't expect that would be so expensive. Why is it so expensive? If it is a Kafra Shop weapon, people would get it to use for themselves and get extra for converting it into zeny, right? So what am I missing?

I really liked bako tat, how much is it apprx? I think good equips aren't obtainable easily.

Anyway, new question:

I think I have a talent to do stupid things  :wacko: I have completed Overlook Water Dungeon Quests; but somehow I was rewarded 1 quest behind. What I mean is I was rewarded with dungeon1 when I completed dungeon2 etc etc. So when I complete dungeon5 I was rewarded with a "Rosary". Normally, I was supposed to be rewarded with "Rosary + 2 elunium" and then I could receive my final reward. I took a screent shot at the final reward to prove that there is a bug here.

I created a ticket to the GM's. When I check the status of the ticket, there is no GM assigned to it  :(  It's been almost a week.

Is there any hope for this?

#14 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Locationphone code +62

Posted 05 November 2022 - 07:18 AM

Wow! I didn't expect that would be so expensive. Why is it so expensive? If it is a Kafra Shop weapon, people would get it to use for themselves and get extra for converting it into zeny, right? So what am I missing?

I really liked bako tat, how much is it apprx? I think good equips aren't obtainable easily.

Anyway, new question:

I think I have a talent to do stupid things  :wacko: I have completed Overlook Water Dungeon Quests; but somehow I was rewarded 1 quest behind. What I mean is I was rewarded with dungeon1 when I completed dungeon2 etc etc. So when I complete dungeon5 I was rewarded with a "Rosary". Normally, I was supposed to be rewarded with "Rosary + 2 elunium" and then I could receive my final reward. I took a screent shot at the final reward to prove that there is a bug here.

I created a ticket to the GM's. When I check the status of the ticket, there is no GM assigned to it  :(  It's been almost a week.

Is there any hope for this?

Read JDR+ Immortal Dog Tag combo
also JDR drop rate is same as card.
its an mvp drop weapon not kafra shop weapon.

no one really farming bako tat anymore, idk the price.

hope yea, but they are focusing on doing the bug-fixing on update

#15 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 04:28 AM

Hi!

I'm wondering if I can buy safe to +10/11/12 tickets via zeny? Is it possible or whats the easiest way? Using blacksmith blessing doesn't seem reasonable (way too expensive)

#16 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Locationphone code +62

Posted 06 November 2022 - 04:36 AM

you can give your item to the other person selling +10-+13 refine ticket service, but be sure its someone you trust + can equip your desired equipment

or

you can buy advanced refine ticket and gamble from there to get +10 to +13 refine ticket

#17 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 09:28 AM

you can give your item to the other person selling +10-+13 refine ticket service, but be sure its someone you trust + can equip your desired equipment

or

you can buy advanced refine ticket and gamble from there to get +10 to +13 refine ticket

divine-pride.net Item - Advanced Refining Certificate Envelope

I think this is the item you mentioned. Ty so much <3

New Question:

Q1: As far as I can see, players sell costumes at very high prices. But when I look at the costume properties, I can't see any features. Are these costumes so expensive just for the look or is there something else?

Q2: I have a SinX that very soon to be a GX. I want to increase my aspd rate. Which costumes would you suggest that boosts aspd, especially affordable ones  :)  So far, I only bought a Heroic Backpack costume which gives +1 aspd.

#18 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Locationphone code +62

Posted 06 November 2022 - 04:46 PM

divine-pride.net Item - Advanced Refining Certificate Envelope

I think this is the item you mentioned. Ty so much <3

New Question:

Q1: As far as I can see, players sell costumes at very high prices. But when I look at the costume properties, I can't see any features. Are these costumes so expensive just for the look or is there something else?

Q2: I have a SinX that very soon to be a GX. I want to increase my aspd rate. Which costumes would you suggest that boosts aspd, especially affordable ones  :)  So far, I only bought a Heroic Backpack costume which gives +1 aspd.

1. look + rarity

2. costumes are costume, enchant of costume are separate. there are only two aspd stone, garment and upper headgear.

#19 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 07:10 AM

Hello again!

I have new questions for you:

Q1: Whats the announcement about Pet Coin? And is there a way that I can disable these type of announcements in the game?

Q2: Sometimes I see cards that doesn't have any information about where it will be compounded on. What is the difference about these cards?

Q3: Yesterday, I was very lucky, because I found a weapon for a reasonable price that I was looking for. But its upgrade rate is +7. Can I use those tickets that you mentioned before (+10~+13) for this +7 weapon or does it have to be not upgraded?

Q4: I saw a mid-gear named Gambler's Seal. I really like it, but there is something really interesting in the explanation of the gear: "Enables Splash Attacks, if the users base luk is 120 or higher" Does it give a Baphomet Card like effect?  :o

As always, ty for answering patiently  :)

Edited by evrensu, 08 November 2022 - 07:23 AM.

#20 condySpectrum

condySpectrum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSolar System
  • Server:Thor

Posted 08 November 2022 - 08:46 AM

Q2: Sometimes I see cards that doesn't have any information about where it will be compounded on. What is the difference about these cards?

A: Look for the card in this website >  https://www.divine-pride.net/   .You should be able to see on the right side on the item information which part/location it can be compounded on.

Q3: Yesterday, I was very lucky, because I found a weapon for a reasonable price that I was looking for. But its upgrade rate is +7. Can I use those tickets that you mentioned before (+10~+13) for this +7 weapon or does it have to be not upgraded?

Do you mean those "+10 ~ +13 Refine Tickets"? Surely you can use them. Though it is best used on items that you have not spent resources on refines yet as those Refine Tickets will allow you to simply refine the item up to what the Ticket's name says. Example: Using the "+13 armor Refine Ticket" on your +X Cotton Clothes will yield you +13 Cotton Clothes at once without fail.

Do take note that "Safe to X Certificates" are different from "+XX Refine Tickets". 

Q4: I saw a mid-gear named Gambler's Seal. I really like it, but there is something really interesting in the explanation of the gear: "Enables Splash Attacks, if the users base luk is 120 or higher" Does it give a Baphomet Card like effect?  :o

The effect you stated is a combo effect when "Gambler's Seal" and "Heart Card in Mouth" are worn together and if the user's Luk is 120 or higher. Yes, it is similar to Baphomet Card effect.  

#21 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 November 2022 - 04:15 AM

A: Look for the card in this website >  https://www.divine-pride.net/   .You should be able to see on the right side on the item information which part/location it can be compounded on.

Do you mean those "+10 ~ +13 Refine Tickets"? Surely you can use them. Though it is best used on items that you have not spent resources on refines yet as those Refine Tickets will allow you to simply refine the item up to what the Ticket's name says. Example: Using the "+13 armor Refine Ticket" on your +X Cotton Clothes will yield you +13 Cotton Clothes at once without fail.

Do take note that "Safe to X Certificates" are different from "+XX Refine Tickets". 

The effect you stated is a combo effect when "Gambler's Seal" and "Heart Card in Mouth" are worn together and if the user's Luk is 120 or higher. Yes, it is similar to Baphomet Card effect.  

*   When I bought the weapon, it was already upgraded to +7. So, I was really lucky :)

*  What about splash damage? Is it splitted to the monsters accordingly or do all of them get the same damage?

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 November 2022 - 05:48 AM

Splash damage is essentially a skill that's activated every auto attack, dealing 100% ATK dmg to every monster in a 3x3 cell radius

#23 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 09:46 AM

Hello again!

I am making progress, slowly but surely  :) I've two questions for you today:

Q1: I have bought a ghostring armor which is a big step for a beginner like me. But I'm not sure if I see damage reduction. Isn't it supposed to reduce the neutral damage by 30%? I've high flee so the monster hit me with "critical slash" but the damages were close with/without the armor. Any ideas?

Q2: What's the current state of WoE and PvP? I went to PvP on different occasions but the room was always empty, why is that?

Waiting for your reply <3

#24 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 24 November 2022 - 11:03 AM

Q1: I have bought a ghostring armor which is a big step for a beginner like me. But I'm not sure if I see damage reduction. Isn't it supposed to reduce the neutral damage by 30%? I've high flee so the monster hit me with "critical slash" but the damages were close with/without the armor. Any ideas?

For some reason, monster's attack has been updated. please see this link: https://irowiki.org/...lemental_damage

Q2: What's the current state of WoE and PvP? I went to PvP on different occasions but the room was always empty, why is that?

WoE and PvP isn't that lively these days, because there was supposed to be a time change.

#25 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 06:31 PM

For some reason, monster's attack has been updated. please see this link: https://irowiki.org/...lemental_damage

WoE and PvP isn't that lively these days, because there was supposed to be a time change.

Ty for replies! 

So, they have reduced melee damage reduction from %75 to %30 with renewal and now from %30 to %0. Excellent  :wacko:

So which cards do you suggest to compound on the armor, best suitable for PvM? (Considering I need aspd, agi and/or atk for my GX)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users