Best/ Worse job change? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best/ Worse job change?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 09:05 AM

Which job change quest do you like the best? What about it was most fun or maybe most memorable about the task? On the other hand, which if any job change was particularly dreadful?

#2 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 12:58 PM

killing 1000 porings on super novice expansion job change quest was indeed tedious lol

#3 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 January 2023 - 01:44 PM

The dancer test has me all bent out of shape. My wife loves Wanderers, and I have to do that test for her every single time. To make matters worse, that dance test in the Sign quest is similar, but different. So it's hard to get used to them.

#4 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationWarga +62
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 January 2023 - 06:10 PM

Best and easiest job change quest: Royal Guard.

You just need to farm 100 burning hearts (which you can use blacksmith class / heroic backpack to greed in Magma Dungeon 02) and go to Glast Heim Abbey to find the trace, and voila you're done..

Worst job change quest: Warlock

the only part that is annoying and TOOK MOST OF YOUR TIME is to hunt down special monsters which are naga and brad golem to hunt materials needed that has LOW DROP RATE. Other than that, you have to equip accessory just to get that drop.

P/S: This class is being crippled atm. With the reading spell book bug and missing mage job change NPC

#5 sokernet

sokernet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 10:00 AM

worst one is SC

#6 DessyRay

DessyRay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationOn my favorite "Couch"
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Hacked

Posted 20 January 2023 - 06:37 PM

In my experience worse job change quest is warlock and Kagerou/Oboro.

Warlock - drop item quest took me 5 days to actually get, I kept thinking if this was bug or just my stupid luk in rng.

Kagerou/Oboro - Test of Survival is a snake ladder game, I stuck for 5-6 hours on this stupid rng. I leave and come back 2 days later cause there were 3 people queue for the test.

rng is my worst enemy. lol

#7 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2023 - 08:23 PM

excluding warlock which we all seem to agree on hating, sage and sorcerer ended up being nightmares for me lmao. i had a fresh account and got the one where you need stones, elemental arrows, and holy water, so i had to make 3 separate characters just to finish the quest. and then for sorcerer i ran out of everything except for red bloods, so i ended up trying to sneak my way through thor volcano a bunch just to finish the quest.

on a more positive note, i really enjoyed the original thief job change quest. hunting mushrooms in a dark field was really thematically cool and it felt like an appropriate length quest given how leveling was way back when.

#8 Volbeast

Volbeast

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 10:57 PM

I really hated the Oboro job change. Lots of RNG and it took really long. I also just didn’t feel like it made sense thematically.

#9 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 23 January 2023 - 05:15 AM

I did oboro/kagerou test. Even though i did re-try the survival test like 10 times, but hey it was a fun mini game! There are other challenging job change such as mechanic, ranger and GX that requires you to walk through dangerous mobs but oboro/kagerou test is more like a snake and ladder game which i found it very interesting!

Still better than the bored RNG of getting that low drop rate from warlock job change as i said in previous post above.

#10 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 08:15 AM

I like the last part of the Ranger job quest. The controls felt really akward but I think trying to disarm bombs with a pup is cool in concept.

#11 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 02 June 2023 - 05:42 PM

Best for in-game lure = GX/RK

Easiest = RG/Sura

Lame = SC

#12 clizie

clizie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • LocationLasagna
  • Server:Lasagna

Posted 03 June 2023 - 02:42 PM

maybe another 1 time booster event is good to avoid these so called worst job change quest? oh please include expanded class and dorams this time

#13 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3543 posts

Posted 03 June 2023 - 04:19 PM

maybe another 1 time booster event is good to avoid these so called worst job change quest? oh please include expanded class and dorams this time

Lol afaik I read sumwhere if you send em staffs ticket and tell em which job you want they fix it

#14 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 04 June 2023 - 06:41 AM

Lol afaik I read sumwhere if you send em staffs ticket and tell em which job you want they fix it

Will they? During these times when there are soooo many bugs that they haven't fix?

Prolly they will do another following year 2023 booster event. And hopefully we can claim additional character even after we claimed 2021 and 2022 ones

#15 Rezar

Rezar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 09:54 PM

most dreadful is a 3 way tie for me.
Alchemist, Sage and Assasin. When I did those job changes for alchemist and sage we didn't have guides like irowiki so having to remember the answers was tedious. The poring kills for assassin just frustrates me since I had no patience to closely look at the names back then lol

#16 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 08 June 2023 - 12:20 PM

Soul Reaper the most easiest job change I ever seen.

Just do a small item quest, talk alot.....then just stay in a room to kill low level monsters till its over. how much more easy can it get?

#17 deathalf

deathalf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 08:42 AM

for me the hunter job change was a pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users