Why Server Down so Frequently Now? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Why Server Down so Frequently Now?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2023 - 08:53 PM

Can the dev team find out the root cause? Since you are doing hardware maintenance every other week, so I assume you have the best hardware in the world, then why the server is down almost every day now? You already didn't speed up bringing new contents, and now even cannot maintain basic server stability. Shame on you.

If people are doing illegal things like duplicating items, can you lock those characters and accounts and then ban them permanently? Come on GMs, if you want the game to die faster, just send out an announcement saying the game will close tomorrow.

Edited by mic9010, 26 February 2023 - 08:54 PM.

#2 Vermillion56

Vermillion56

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 09:14 PM

Same i cant get passed server log in too as soon as it go to character selection it just keeping disconnected, pls fix this

#3 iriisss

iriisss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 01:00 AM

map/character server issues almost everyday

duped items selling in market/on vend

So many posts about server down or map down or cannot login and there's no response from any staff

welcome to IRO :)

#4 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 February 2023 - 08:12 AM

It is confirmed that when a map server is down, the data of that map server will be drawn back a little bit.

I once purchased an item from a vending store in prontera right before prontera is down. After I am able to log on again, the item disappeared. I am not sure how long this window is - maybe one minute - but the data is definitely drawn backwards.

If someone can cause a map server to go down, or know when it will go down, that person can duplicate items.

Based on the finding above, if someone has items in charater A, giving all the items to charater B, and character B leaves the map server, and then map server where A stands goes down. Character A's inventory will be resumed back and charater B keeps the items as well - the items are duplicated.

Look at our market now.

Someone from Discord market place is suddenly selling a lot of "best enchant" shadow gears, which requires a large amount of enchant boxes that was not sold by WP for a very long time - well this is only "very suspicious" and I can't confirm if they are legit or not.

However same person also selling "Finest Weapon Modification Device (Physical)" in Prontera for 16m each right now (Feb 27th, 2023 server time). This is an in-game produced item. You have a 5% chance to draw it with a cost of 1m per draw. Which means for every 20m he spent, he gets one items that sells for 15.2m (after tax). He is not selling any other "side products" from the draw so his zeny only comes back from the sale of the 5% product. He has been doing this for half a year now with about 100 billion zeny in sale so I don't trust his "good luck" in this much quantity. Last weekend alone the sale was greater than 3b. 

Not to mention other items that are very likely to be duplicated and sold in the same store, like Seagod's Anger, etc.

Look at how frequent our forum has posts about server down.

You can see this yourself with just one click.

Sending a ticket confirms those items are legit.

I bought one of the modification devices that is definitely duplicated, but the ticket confirms it is legit. I am not sure how item verifications are done now and GM won't release the method. I guess that's why these people can duplicate so much without any concerns about their accounts.

I am not logging on as much any more.

It just feels stupid to hunt MVPs or mobs and someone else just duplicate stuff and gets a lot more than you do. I am pretty sure some others feel the same.

Not sure how to get more attention to this but it is definitely destroying our server.

#5 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 11:25 AM

Apparently the guy has closed the store after my above reply.

#6 paths19

paths19

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 11:41 AM

I'm assuming there is no fix for this duping stuff that's been going on for years? Would have to basically remake the game from scratch (coding)? 

#7 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 01:31 PM

I'm assuming there is no fix for this duping stuff that's been going on for years? Would have to basically remake the game from scratch (coding)? 

I can't answer that question as I do not know how they caused the map server to go down.

However all transactions should have a record; map server going down should also have a record. If GM can track whoever traded before map server going down and took advantage of this, I believe at least their illegal income can be partially deleted and possible restricting their access to the game (since they are destroying it).

#8 ZHONGKAIH

ZHONGKAIH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 04:27 PM

@CMMuji

These consumables' source looks too suspicious:

1. Shadow Enhancement Box: 

we all know how hard to get perfect Shaodw enchant like ATK9%, MATK9%, LongRange 15%, ASPD+3 Shadow Sets.You may see someone selling +27Ignition Shadow Set[ASPD+3] in discord recently.

Ignition Shadow Set began selling last week, However, Shadow Enhancement Box had been taken off from Kachua for a long time and is still vended in Prontera. The duplicator supply them infinately, they add the supplement up to 30 boxes in vending. Last week my friends consumed about 7b on buying their Shadow Enhancement Boxes but the box is still not used up. 

2. Shadow Smelting Hammer: 

With low rate but looks like being supplied infinately, Same as Shadow Enhancement Box. Anyway, this is still in Kachua, just very low rate.

3. Finest Weapon Modification Device:

Like @forthrallwow1 said above, vending price lower than the average cost to draw the device. 

4. Great Hero Wisdom/Bravery:

I am 100% sure many of those which are still being vended are duplicated because during the CoP event we have schedule calender to farm CoP 3F.  I know how hard to farm Great Hero Wisdom/Bravery, who farmed and how often they farmed.

FYI, I got 500-580 Flowers(average 540 flowers) and 1-8 Great Hero Wisdom or Bravery(average about 3) each run. I have done more than 25 runs during CoP event but my Great Hero Wisdom/Bravery, especially Great Hero Bravery(Physical Class players are more)  already sold out three weeks ago. CoP Event has been closed more than 1 month, where those Great Hero Wisdom/Bravery from?

Edited by ZHONGKAIH, 27 February 2023 - 04:36 PM.

#9 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 05:10 PM

Across server, great wisdom/bravery should not be generated at more than 1/hour when COP was open. Which means approximately 158/week (minus 10 hours server maintenance). 

As Zhongkaih mentioned there is a Discord channel during COP event so that people can arrange their time in the map. I am pretty sure the time booked was less than 50% of the time, which means cross server there should be less than 70-80 per week. I am wondering how many hours did that seller farm COP 3F to supply his infinite inventory?

#10 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 06:10 PM

@CMMuji

we all know how hard to get perfect Shaodw enchant like ATK9%, MATK9%, LongRange 15%, ASPD+3 Shadow Sets.You may see someone selling +27Ignition Shadow Set[ASPD+3] in discord recently.

Ignition Shadow Set began selling last week, However, Shadow Enhancement Box had been taken off from Kachua for a long time and is still vended in Prontera. The duplicator supply them infinately, they add the supplement up to 30 boxes in vending. Last week my friends consumed about 7b on buying their Shadow Enhancement Boxes but the box is still not used up. 

With low rate but looks like being supplied infinately, Same as Shadow Enhancement Box. Anyway, this is still in Kachua, just very low rate.

3. Finest Weapon Modification Device:

Like @forthrallwow1 said above, vending price lower than the average cost to draw the device. 

I am 100% sure many of those which are still being vended are duplicated because during the CoP event we have schedule calender to farm CoP 3F.  I know how hard to farm Great Hero Wisdom/Bravery, who farmed and how often they farmed.

FYI, I got 500-580 Flowers(average 540 flowers) and 1-8 Great Hero Wisdom or Bravery(average about 3) each run. I have done more than 25 runs during CoP event but my Great Hero Wisdom/Bravery, especially Great Hero Bravery(Physical Class players are more)  already sold out three weeks ago. CoP Event has been closed more than 1 month, where those Great Hero Wisdom/Bravery from?

so far i m keep silent...but this is to toxic..
for first n 2nd answer u think we dont have rich player in server??they open bunch of box...n keep the gear till event gone before sale high n slowly sale...(they even still will have it even few year event gone)

for finest weapon mod...go try do the business as well...so u will know how they make money with that price...
for 4th...u think u sold ur u mean other also sold as well?u only do 25 run...other do more than 100 run sir...1 day do 2-3 run for 2 month(if u count 2 run each day it will around 120 run in 2 month) as u say if 1 ppl got 2 great heros each run u will did 240 great heros in 2 month thats already minimum u will have it) n please do more inspection n calculation before u talking

#11 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 06:17 PM

It is confirmed that when a map server is down, the data of that map server will be drawn back a little bit.

I once purchased an item from a vending store in prontera right before prontera is down. After I am able to log on again, the item disappeared. I am not sure how long this window is - maybe one minute - but the data is definitely drawn backwards.

If someone can cause a map server to go down, or know when it will go down, that person can duplicate items.

Based on the finding above, if someone has items in charater A, giving all the items to charater B, and character B leaves the map server, and then map server where A stands goes down. Character A's inventory will be resumed back and charater B keeps the items as well - the items are duplicated.

Look at our market now.

Someone from Discord market place is suddenly selling a lot of "best enchant" shadow gears, which requires a large amount of enchant boxes that was not sold by WP for a very long time - well this is only "very suspicious" and I can't confirm if they are legit or not.

However same person also selling "Finest Weapon Modification Device (Physical)" in Prontera for 16m each right now (Feb 27th, 2023 server time). This is an in-game produced item. You have a 5% chance to draw it with a cost of 1m per draw. Which means for every 20m he spent, he gets one items that sells for 15.2m (after tax). He is not selling any other "side products" from the draw so his zeny only comes back from the sale of the 5% product. He has been doing this for half a year now with about 100 billion zeny in sale so I don't trust his "good luck" in this much quantity. Last weekend alone the sale was greater than 3b. 

Not to mention other items that are very likely to be duplicated and sold in the same store, like Seagod's Anger, etc.

Look at how frequent our forum has posts about server down.

You can see this yourself with just one click.

Sending a ticket confirms those items are legit.

I bought one of the modification devices that is definitely duplicated, but the ticket confirms it is legit. I am not sure how item verifications are done now and GM won't release the method. I guess that's why these people can duplicate so much without any concerns about their accounts.

I am not logging on as much any more.

It just feels stupid to hunt MVPs or mobs and someone else just duplicate stuff and gets a lot more than you do. I am pretty sure some others feel the same.

Not sure how to get more attention to this but it is definitely destroying our server.

bro u need more proof... thats all only ur logic...

#12 ZHONGKAIH

ZHONGKAIH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 06:48 PM

for first n 2nd answer u think we dont have rich player in server??they open bunch of box...n keep the gear till event gone before sale high n slowly sale...(they even still will have it even few year event gone)

for finest weapon mod...go try do the business as well...so u will know how they make money with that price...
for 4th...u think u sold ur u mean other also sold as well?u only do 25 run...other do more than 100 run sir...1 day do 2-3 run for 2 month(if u count 2 run each day it will around 120 run in 2 month) as u say if 1 ppl got 2 great heros each run u will did 240 great heros in 2 month thats already minimum u will have it) n please do more inspection n calculation before u talking

lol I just feel confused, they suspicious, except the 4th I am not sure. 

For the 4th, I think I have mentioned very clear above. Because the invitation is expensive, we have a calender, have schedule on farming CoP 3F to promote efficiency. I know who farmed and how often they farmed.

Why you so anxious? even can't see my post clearly, r u the duplicator? 

#13 ooBeTeLgUeSe

ooBeTeLgUeSe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 07:11 PM

its just a speculations. we don't know exactly whats goin on unless they will gives us feed back about the said issue IF they really care to relieve us.

seemingly even hardware maintenance can't fix this.

Edited by ooBeTeLgUeSe, 27 February 2023 - 07:11 PM.

#14 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 07:13 PM

Defender of the cheater has come.

Basic math. Explain to me how to consistantly beat RNG in 100k draws. Also explain where did his or your "High-Grade" devices go.

We have rich players but I haven't seen anyone giving away billions of zeny on a consistant basis in vending stores for over half a year.

As soon as my reply was up. The vending store stopped selling the Devices, which he/you has been selling for over half a year. I take this as admitting the items are illegal.

Also explain to me what kind of proof is considered proof to you. Something against basic math isn't strong enough for you obviously.

#15 fbomb

fbomb

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 07:37 PM

As soon as my reply was up. The vending store stopped selling the Devices, which he/you has been selling for over half a year. I take this as admitting the items are illegal.

Also explain to me what kind of proof is considered proof to you. Something against basic math isn't strong enough for you obviously.

CMIIW he was using offline vendor. So you can start with a screenshot of remaining time at the time of your post.

#16 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 07:39 PM

CMIIW he was using offline vendor. So you can start with a screenshot of remaining time at the time of your post.

I said "his vending store stopped selling the devices". I didn't say "his vending store was closed".

He basically reopened his store selling other items. Remaining time of the store is irrelevant. 

#17 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 27 February 2023 - 08:27 PM

Defender of the cheater has come.

Basic math. Explain to me how to consistantly beat RNG in 100k draws. Also explain where did his or your "High-Grade" devices go.

We have rich players but I haven't seen anyone giving away billions of zeny on a consistant basis in vending stores for over half a year.

with 100m u can have 4-5finest ...if ppl sale 15m each = u will make 60m - 75m
but with 100m u also can get high grade mod with selling price = 1.4-1.5m each  so u only need 17 - 20 high grade for the pay back u lose from finest...than the extra u got is earn...so u think its not profit?

u know gene now very popular?ppl need enchant they OS for Gene weapon...n it spend not less for enchant....ppl will use high grade because it much cheaper to make good enchant...even my self did try enchant n used 300 high grade (thats only me n u not count whole server player yet) ...

n u can try sale it first as seller before u talk...even vendor they are fight each other to try sale as cheap as posible n make some profit...

#18 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 02:53 AM

n u can try sale it first as seller before u talk...even vendor they are fight each other to try sale as cheap as posible n make some profit...

I already mentioned. That seller did NOT sell any high-grade in the last 6 months, and sold about 100b worth of Finest. 100b worth of Finest (17m each) = 5882 Finest and he should have 23K High Grades that he didn't sell. Where did they go?

This is already very obvious. What kind of clearer proof do you need? A camera shooting him while he is cheating in front of his computer?

As a normal player, of course I can't place a camera behind another player. That's why I am posting the findings and numbers on the forum to get more attention and hope GMs can do a more in-depth investivation.

Seems you are against this. Very suspicious again.

#19 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 07:48 AM

Same i cant get passed server log in too as soon as it go to character selection it just keeping disconnected, pls fix this

I've exactly the same problem, I can't even see my characters screen before dc. Is there anything I can do about it?

#20 aKuRa

aKuRa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 08:10 AM

@CMMuji

Ignition Shadow Set began selling last week, However, Shadow Enhancement Box had been taken off from Kachua for a long time and is still vended in Prontera. The duplicator supply them infinately, they add the supplement up to 30 boxes in vending. Last week my friends consumed about 7b on buying their Shadow Enhancement Boxes but the box is still not used up.

3. Finest Weapon Modification Device:

I am 100% sure many of those which are still being vended are duplicated because during the CoP event we have schedule calender to farm CoP 3F. I know how hard to farm Great Hero Wisdom/Bravery, who farmed and how often they farmed.

FYI, I got 500-580 Flowers(average 540 flowers) and 1-8 Great Hero Wisdom or Bravery(average about 3) each run. I have done more than 25 runs during CoP event but my Great Hero Wisdom/Bravery, especially Great Hero Bravery(Physical Class players are more) already sold out three weeks ago. CoP Event has been closed more than 1 month, where those Great Hero Wisdom/Bravery from?

We can add another COP item
- Ancient Heros Weapon 9Up Box

I was not aware of any item dup method, now it makes sense how only 1 vendor has the entire market of these tickets

iirc, these tickets can not be obtained by other methods except when COP is active
---
I tried to buy one but the price was really high (150m, he had ~150 tickts), today he doesn't show up

Edited by aKuRa, 28 February 2023 - 10:31 AM.

#21 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 February 2023 - 10:22 AM

Also explain where did his or your "High-Grade" devices go.

This is probably my fault...I bought out all the high-grade and normal physical mods last week to gamble. Hehe

#22 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 11:04 AM

This is probably my fault...I bought out all the high-grade and normal physical mods last week to gamble. Hehe

Did you buy 23000 high-grade? That's the inventory he should have, if all his Finest Devices are legit.

#23 trumppybear

trumppybear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 11:30 AM

We can add another COP item
- Ancient Heros Weapon 9Up Box

I was not aware of any item dup method, now it makes sense how only 1 vendor has the entire market of these tickets

iirc, these tickets can not be obtained by other methods except when COP is active
---
I tried to buy one but the price was really high (150m, he had ~150 tickts), today he doesn't show up

That vendor also put 100 headless mule cards on the shelf at some point.

#24 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 February 2023 - 11:39 AM

Did you buy 23000 high-grade? That's the inventory he should have, if all his Finest Devices are legit.

Not sure if he can vend that many all at once but I bought close to 2000 high grades last week

#25 trumppybear

trumppybear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 12:01 PM

FYI, just found out TWRO had a player duplicated 50,000 skill reset bar through making lags/dcs and got sued back in 2013, similar to what has been reported here.

WP better check what is going on if they want to sell more cash shop items

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users