Why Server Down so Frequently Now? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Why Server Down so Frequently Now?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#26 iriisss

iriisss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 February 2023 - 12:16 PM

FYI, just found out TWRO had a player duplicated 50,000 skill reset bar through making lags/dcs and got sued back in 2013, similar to what has been reported here.

WP better check what is going on if they want to sell more cash shop items

True, who’s gonna buy all these OCPs and costumes if they can buy with zeny they got from duping stuff? And they can dupe everything again.

Edited by iriisss, 28 February 2023 - 12:19 PM.

#27 777K3N777

777K3N777

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 February 2023 - 03:38 PM

To answer that question, I think the server might got some kind of malicious attack such as DOS/DDOS is the popular one. This will disrupt the normal traffic of the server(imagine what is going to happen if sending millions of spam requests to the server in a short period of time?), the server will collapse and thus causing it to shutdown and most of us gets disconnected! Hope the WP staff read this and do something about it. I just want to play this game in a peaceful way. I am sure that other people do too.

#28 777K3N777

777K3N777

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 03:46 PM

I think that the server might got DDOS attack and thus most of us get disconnected from the game.

#29 NTSB

NTSB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 09:15 PM

If they did this on purpose, WP should fix this ASAP but do you think they are goin to solve this? I submitted ticket for cupet coin bug but they did not do anything for many months until new patch this year. They did not even restore back the cheated coins. This server is messed up, dont expect anything from WP staff.

No wonder why many items suddenly appear in a shopping board. If you check shopping board, these cheaters has 10,000 Blacksmith blessing and still abuse other players by forcing them to sell at very low price. New players(or old returned players) buy OCP to sell to these cheaters and WP got money. This is why they never do anything maybe?

If I was in America, I would gather all evidences and sue this company as same as it was in TW(as you mentioned).

#30 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 04:57 AM

To answer that question, I think the server might got some kind of malicious attack such as DOS/DDOS is the popular one. This will disrupt the normal traffic of the server(imagine what is going to happen if sending millions of spam requests to the server in a short period of time?), the server will collapse and thus causing it to shutdown and most of us gets disconnected! Hope the WP staff read this and do something about it. I just want to play this game in a peaceful way. I am sure that other people do too.

This could be one of the reasons that server can go down.

However these duplicators must have other methods to disconnect only the map server of their desire. That's why lighthalzen goes down very often (at least more often than other maps) and from some players' YouTube videos you can see these players usually save their spawn map in Lighthalzen. What a coincidence.

#31 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 01 March 2023 - 02:48 PM

Lol. I guess this has been going on for years. Only that instead of 1 or 2 people theres more people duping now, which lead to frequent disconnection.

#32 yixunxun

yixunxun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 03:56 PM

Shadow Enhancement Box at protera is highly suspicious

i assume you are a normal player that might gather about more than 1000pcs during Kachua event

for a long time,you are the only vender at protera,i think you should raise your price

however,the truth is that price is always the same,not a single zeny difference,just like it's infinitely supplied

duplicator don't care about price just care about whether they can sell them

i want to point out that frequent sever down may cause worrys about duplicated items in the market,which can disturb normal players

after this topic,will server reach a peaceful time?we will see

since im not positive about WP solving this,why can't you duplicators doing the duplicaing things in one time,or make a schedule to avoid frequent server problem,win-win

#33 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 04:06 PM

Now that brings another problem:

Why WP stops supplement new shadow enhancement box in Kachua?

WP doesn't give us an answer. 

Shouldn't WP know how high-demanding this stuff is?

WP stops supplementing them from normal ways (i.e. Kachua) ====== forces players to buy from those sellers.

Edited by crystalerLM, 01 March 2023 - 04:08 PM.

#34 iriisss

iriisss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 04:38 PM

WP stops supplementing them from normal ways (i.e. Kachua) ====== forces players to buy from those sellers.

That doesn’t solve the main problem. Even if they bring back the previous kachua items, and you pay with your real money to obtain/sell kachua items, they can still lower their prices to beat you. It cost nothing for the duplicators while you’ll need to buy kachua with your own money. Sounds fair?

#35 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 04:53 PM

Shadow Enhancement Box at protera is highly suspicious
i assume you are a normal player that might gather about more than 1000pcs during Kachua event
for a long time,you are the only vender at protera,i think you should raise your price
however,the truth is that price is always the same,not a single zeny difference,just like it's infinitely supplied
duplicator don't care about price just care about whether they can sell them
i want to point out that frequent sever down may cause worrys about duplicated items in the market,which can disturb normal players

after this topic,will server reach a peaceful time?we will see

since im not positive about WP solving this,why can't you duplicators doing the duplicaing things in one time,or make a schedule to avoid frequent server problem,win-win

It will never be a win win if duped items exist in server. Normal players will lose zeny because of purchasing duped items, only the dupers win

#36 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 05:00 PM

Tbh, whether WP supplying this box has nothing to do with the recent instability of the server. From all previous discussion, it seems super likely that the reason is a small group of dupers caused the server down, and one guy already seems very anxious and started defending for the dupers.

@CMMuji, I believe people still have long wish lists, but i feel what’s more important is to check the server log, find out suspicious activities around when server crashes, and then do the right things to avoid it happening again. If there are dupers, I don’t mind you put the char names on a black list, and post them on forum, and more importantly, permanently ban those guys to make iro clean.

Edited by mic9010, 01 March 2023 - 05:01 PM.

#37 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 01 March 2023 - 10:14 PM

Why nobody dupe White Lady Card? Does not hurt server stability and actually makes everyone a more decent AB because currently some FS AB just struggle and it's annoying the he'll out of me when they can't even heal 20k HP in a single High Heal.

Dunno who is duping though, but please do dupe alot of White Lady's while you're at it.

#38 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 07:19 AM

Why nobody dupe White Lady Card? Does not hurt server stability and actually makes everyone a more decent AB because currently some FS AB just struggle and it's annoying the he'll out of me when they can't even heal 20k HP in a single High Heal.

Dunno who is duping though, but please do dupe alot of White Lady's while you're at it.

I am pretty sure you can figure out who to reach out to fulfill your request based on discussions in this thread.

#39 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3544 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 08:25 AM

Coz iRO…

#40 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 02 March 2023 - 08:53 AM

they only dupe consumables, Marty xD.

Edited by gaurus, 02 March 2023 - 08:55 AM.

#41 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:51 PM

they only dupe consumables, Marty xD.

Of course.

I can imagine when someone just started to dup items, they would be very cautious and tring their best to hide.

It will only be duplicating toooooo much stuff that they don't care anymore before they start to show off their result:

such as vending suspicous amount of items; posting large number of newly enchanted shadows in DC, etc.

#42 NTSB

NTSB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 11:10 PM

WP staff should check those accounts which have many consumables but they never did. Who would store 10,000 Blacksmith Blessing? 1,000 Bloody Branches? 1,000 ODA? or 1,000 Safe 7 certificates? 

Last year Blacksmith Blessing price was 10 Mil+ and now it is 6 - 7 Mil. If you store 10,000 BSB, you lose 40 Bil and who would want that? Unless they got it for free or have been doing it as business don't you think? and it is obvious that selling zeny is against money laundering law but WP staff keep ignoring this.

#43 iriisss

iriisss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 02:49 AM

Character server down again, looks like hardware maintenance doesn’t help at all

Edited by iriisss, 04 March 2023 - 02:50 AM.

#44 velson

velson

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 02:52 AM

Oh Boy!!! Unable to load up the Character selection screen again.. 

#45 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 03:23 AM

down again, wth

#46 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 04:29 AM

I definitely wish someone can do this now.

image.png?width=1397&height=626

#47 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 March 2023 - 07:21 AM

Seems WP staff either have no idea how to solve the problem, or they already give up themselves, let’s name next event “dupers carnival”, whoever crashes the server most will win a Tesla as reward, should be an awesome event!

#48 Virginia

Virginia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 March 2023 - 05:31 PM

Seems chaos is down again. I can log into Freya/Thor, but chaos disconnects as soon as I select it. :( What's going on?

#49 MikeT12500

MikeT12500

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2023 - 06:38 PM

I just got disconnected today and can't log back in. I get disconnected as soon as i login.

I have another account that is still logged in and is not disconnected . So it appears to be something related to when the game disconnects you can't re-login for some reason. That's even after waiting a few minutes to try and log back into the game.

Edited by MikeT12500, 05 March 2023 - 06:45 PM.

#50 paths19

paths19

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2023 - 06:42 PM

Just got home from work. Chaos down can't get to character select.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users