Why Server Down so Frequently Now? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Why Server Down so Frequently Now?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#51 Sataground

Sataground

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 702 posts
  • LocationMedan
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 March 2023 - 06:56 PM

just doing instance got dc and kicked out

2 weeks HD MT not enought to fixed this anoying issue?

#52 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 March 2023 - 11:03 PM

I cannot believe the disconnection issue is still happening after two hardware maint in a row

Edited by mic9010, 05 March 2023 - 11:06 PM.

#53 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 05 March 2023 - 11:03 PM

Seems only chaos has the disconnection issue so far, which means it isn’t hardware problem, more and more likely some illegal dupers crash chaos server on purpose, so you still wanna pretend nothing is happening? Please focus on the most important things first.

Edited by mic9010, 05 March 2023 - 11:05 PM.

#54 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 03:12 PM

The duplicator first saw this thread, reopened their store without the mentioned item;

when that action was mentioned here, they re-added the item with only 50 items each time, changed store name to "just bought too many";

after a few days, they raised the item per vend to 100.

They are basically admiting their illegal duplicating activity by doing the above. If they bought 100b worth too many, who did they buy the items from?

I wish WP can stop and punish them.

Edited by forthrallwow1, 08 March 2023 - 03:13 PM.

#55 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 08 March 2023 - 09:05 PM

At this point you only have yourselves to blame, good for WP i guess.

#56 iriisss

iriisss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 12:24 AM

Relax ppl, server down is almost a daily routine now, dupers restocking stuff :D
Think twice before you spend $$

Edited by iriisss, 09 March 2023 - 12:31 AM.

#57 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 05:45 AM

At this point you only have yourselves to blame, good for WP i guess.

We blame ourselves because others <snip> cheat? What kind of logic is that?

Why are duplicated items good for WP? If this is good for the game company, why don't every other company let players duplicate stuff?

Explain?

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Please don't accuse others of rule breaking.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 09 March 2023 - 05:59 PM.

#58 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 09 March 2023 - 03:52 PM

Why nobody dupe White Lady Card? Does not hurt server stability and actually makes everyone a more decent AB because currently some FS AB just struggle and it's annoying the he'll out of me when they can't even heal 20k HP in a single High Heal.

Dunno who is duping though, but please do dupe alot of White Lady's while you're at it.

Please dupe RG MvP card T_T

Edited by ChakriGuard, 09 March 2023 - 03:54 PM.

#59 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 06:28 PM

Please dupe RG MvP card T_T

You can let them inform you when next time they will crash the server so that you can duplicate your MVP cards yourself.

You should know who to ask.

#60 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 07:49 PM

You can let them inform you when next time they will crash the server so that you can duplicate your MVP cards yourself.
You should know who to ask.

I wish I knew lol

#61 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 10 March 2023 - 08:09 AM

You know KRO is really good, it is better to study Korean than waiting 4 years for warp portal to fix their mess,

#62 iriisss

iriisss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 March 2023 - 04:30 AM

Server down again, good job dupers, more enchant boxes, finest modules, smelting hammers and water field effects gonna be restocked soon.

#63 1370211011125108670

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2023 - 04:41 AM

Server down again, good job dupers, more enchant boxes, finest modules, smelting hammers and water field effects gonna be restocked soon.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

#64 280160130102953517

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRUSSIA
  • Server:Raggame or Laggame (RIP)

Posted 11 March 2023 - 04:45 AM

down every day

#65 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 11 March 2023 - 12:03 PM

We blame ourselves because others <snip> cheat? What kind of logic is that?

Why are duplicated items good for WP? If this is good for the game company, why don't every other company let players duplicate stuff?

Explain?

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Please don't accuse others of rule breaking.

Yet you're still here... despite everyone knowing this to be the case since decades ago. Tell me how you yourself aren't to blame?

#66 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 12 March 2023 - 01:08 PM

Victim blaming QQ T^T

#67 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 March 2023 - 03:51 PM

Yet you're still here... despite everyone knowing this to be the case since decades ago. Tell me how you yourself aren't to blame?

You repeated your own question without answering mine. This is how you normally deal with problems? I am afraid it doesn't look like you can handle any problems with this type of logic.

Based on what you just said. You acknowledged that duplicators exist ("everyone knowing this"), and your opions based on your acknowledgement are:

Normal players who don't duplicate are the ones to blame;

WP is benefiting from it.

Yet you failed to explain how either one of them makes common sense.

My very first reply in this thread explained how I discovered these duplicators and this didn't happen decades ago.

As a normal player, I submitted ticket, replied to this thread to get WP's attention. These are all the actions that I can take.

Normal players who don't duplicate items are victims. I want this illegal action to stop and hopefully our server can be more fair. Discussing who to blame is just very naive and childish to me.

#68 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 13 March 2023 - 02:49 PM

Even if you quit this game or this server, the survivors here are not deserved to get this treatment.

If the problem is dupe, why people even buy them? Why sacrifice fair play just for the sake of empty glory?

#69 9666220304213755237

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 02:52 PM

Dupers are smart. You know they could just dupe Cor Cores and Mysterious Components and draw tons to get that many modification modules. And ofc those modification modules will be legit.

It is confirmed that when a map server is down, the data of that map server will be drawn back a little bit.

I once purchased an item from a vending store in prontera right before prontera is down. After I am able to log on again, the item disappeared. I am not sure how long this window is - maybe one minute - but the data is definitely drawn backwards.

If someone can cause a map server to go down, or know when it will go down, that person can duplicate items.

Based on the finding above, if someone has items in charater A, giving all the items to charater B, and character B leaves the map server, and then map server where A stands goes down. Character A's inventory will be resumed back and charater B keeps the items as well - the items are duplicated.

Look at our market now.

Someone from Discord market place is suddenly selling a lot of "best enchant" shadow gears, which requires a large amount of enchant boxes that was not sold by WP for a very long time - well this is only "very suspicious" and I can't confirm if they are legit or not.

However same person also selling "Finest Weapon Modification Device (Physical)" in Prontera for 16m each right now (Feb 27th, 2023 server time). This is an in-game produced item. You have a 5% chance to draw it with a cost of 1m per draw. Which means for every 20m he spent, he gets one items that sells for 15.2m (after tax). He is not selling any other "side products" from the draw so his zeny only comes back from the sale of the 5% product. He has been doing this for half a year now with about 100 billion zeny in sale so I don't trust his "good luck" in this much quantity. Last weekend alone the sale was greater than 3b. 

Not to mention other items that are very likely to be duplicated and sold in the same store, like Seagod's Anger, etc.

Look at how frequent our forum has posts about server down.

You can see this yourself with just one click.

Sending a ticket confirms those items are legit.

I bought one of the modification devices that is definitely duplicated, but the ticket confirms it is legit. I am not sure how item verifications are done now and GM won't release the method. I guess that's why these people can duplicate so much without any concerns about their accounts.

I am not logging on as much any more.

It just feels stupid to hunt MVPs or mobs and someone else just duplicate stuff and gets a lot more than you do. I am pretty sure some others feel the same.

Not sure how to get more attention to this but it is definitely destroying our server.

#70 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 04:40 PM

Dupers are smart. You know they could just dupe Cor Cores and Mysterious Components and draw tons to get that many modification modules. And ofc those modification modules will be legit.

That's what I thought first, but I don't think they even bother with the extra step now.

#71 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 04:56 PM

If that is indeed how the duplication exploit works, it may be a good idea for the WP team to temporarily disable the "lock throw item," "vending," "mail," and "trade" functions in all areas except for Prontera and Eden, while also submitting a request to Gravity to work on a patch to fix this issue.

#72 yixunxun

yixunxun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 05:32 PM

im not surprise after i pointed out their unreasonable price strategy,they actually raised their price immediately

they are really good at listening right?this whole thing bring me a lot of fun,but shame on WP

maybe they actually made a schedule to arrange duplicate time which makes this disconnection problem a daily event

happy new daily event Iro players,remain silence and bear with them

#73 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 March 2023 - 09:39 PM

You repeated your own question without answering mine. This is how you normally deal with problems? I am afraid it doesn't look like you can handle any problems with this type of logic.

Based on what you just said. You acknowledged that duplicators exist ("everyone knowing this"), and your opions based on your acknowledgement are:

Normal players who don't duplicate are the ones to blame;

WP is benefiting from it.

Yet you failed to explain how either one of them makes common sense.

My very first reply in this thread explained how I discovered these duplicators and this didn't happen decades ago.

As a normal player, I submitted ticket, replied to this thread to get WP's attention. These are all the actions that I can take.

Normal players who don't duplicate items are victims. I want this illegal action to stop and hopefully our server can be more fair. Discussing who to blame is just very naive and childish to me.

you guys support a company that doesnt fix bugs, punish bugabusers, doesnt give a crap about their customers in general for over a decade now, thats how the non cheaters are to blame. WP has neither interest nor reason to provide a decent product.

#74 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 14 March 2023 - 10:46 PM

you guys support a company that doesnt fix bugs, punish bugabusers, doesnt give a crap about their customers in general for over a decade now, thats how the non cheaters are to blame. WP has neither interest nor reason to provide a decent product.

WP has no reason to provide a decent product? @CMMuji or anyone in the team, do you mind telling us if this statement is ever true, and is the core value of WP? I am curious tbh.

Whether players supporting WP has nothing to do with the disconnection/duping problem, and you have no control of how people spend money. Also a lot of people are already reporting here and in other posts, it’s just WP who doesn’t know how to solve the problem. You have no reason to blame the victims and spoke as if us normal players want to suffer from those illegal -_-s

Edited by mic9010, 14 March 2023 - 10:54 PM.

#75 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 14 March 2023 - 10:52 PM

Make eveyrthing character bound. Lets go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users