Why Server Down so Frequently Now? - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Why Server Down so Frequently Now?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#76 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 March 2023 - 10:54 PM

I definitely wish someone can do this now.

image.png?width=1397&height=626

Wondering anyone can implement this now?   Duplicators and crashing the server again again and again.

Edited by crystalerLM, 14 March 2023 - 10:56 PM.

#77 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 06:54 AM

you guys support a company that doesnt fix bugs, punish bugabusers, doesnt give a crap about their customers in general for over a decade now, thats how the non cheaters are to blame. WP has neither interest nor reason to provide a decent product.

Not everyone has been playing for over a decade; not myself either.

You choose to leave and deal with it negatively and that's your choice. Other players choose to get attention and still hoping this can be dealt positively, that's our choice.

Again, discussing who to blame it naive and childish. We just want this to be fixed and duplicators punished.

#78 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 15 March 2023 - 07:11 AM

Bring Camp back as consultant lols. Triple his hourly rates xD

#79 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 06:37 AM

With duplicators taking away WP's profit, your proposal is becoming more and more difficult to achieve.

#80 zyndri

zyndri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Server:chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaos

Posted 18 March 2023 - 09:23 AM

With duplicators taking away WP's profit, your proposal is becoming more and more difficult to achieve.

dw they are making bank on their mobile games

also ro classic is 20 years old, and it itself does not generate much money for wp so it's kinda on the back burner.......

they've had what, like 6 hardware maints that were in a row? around the time/just before that the new mobile game (ro begins) came out? and a light 'normal' maint or two? yeah ro classic is not a priority and it's not going to be

that's not saying that i don't agree with how they're handling the server crashes though - they do need to check it out!!!!

#81 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 March 2023 - 01:04 PM

Would most players be ok with VIP x3 more expensive? SSS OCP is 0.1%? Etc :P

Im sure if most iRO players are willing to support iRO to show kRO that we aint some ghotto server, Camp or iRO staffs would have more power to bargain with kRO.

Otherwise, current state of iRO is both players and WP staffs are just leeching off from the game's legacy until its over.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 18 March 2023 - 01:05 PM.

#82 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 19 March 2023 - 07:58 AM

To be honest with y'all, suggesting Camp to be hired again is just me trolling. I literally have no skin in the game as I already quit.

Also, its kinda awkward to say goodbye for the third time when that very same person inevitably retired (again!) lolololol....

#83 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 March 2023 - 03:00 PM

Scammers, botters, duplicators...every Ragnarok server has them. We've been dealing with them for two decades, I'm not surprised we're still dealing with them today. The WP team should at least give us a play by play on how they are investigating and dealing with these issues and not just generic weekly announcements. WP will need to take the initiative and own this problem to show players they are willing to fix it. 

Is the duping confirmed? Yes? No? But the answer should never be maybe. The Ragnarok community has a mind of its own and will willingly throw speculation when questions aren't satisfied.

Edited by therevengeofnico, 19 March 2023 - 03:02 PM.

#84 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 19 March 2023 - 07:18 PM

What community!?!? Let me give you a quick 101 about RO, everything is false advertisement and dated. For example if you go to the official website you'll see the "classic" icon server still up it's from 2012.....most of the features in RO don't work it's literally that simple. Forums has nothing to do with anything in game people will claim and say something on forums and IN game it's a whole other story with their -2 population. Forums is just toxic or nonexistent but I guess the game reflex that. You are what you eat.  :gawi:  

#85 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 11:49 PM

To be honest with y'all, suggesting Camp to be hired again is just me trolling. I literally have no skin in the game as I already quit.

Also, its kinda awkward to say goodbye for the third time when that very same person inevitably retired (again!) lolololol....

Didnt most of us just quit or semi-quit? Haha

Didnt most of us just quit or semi-quit? Haha

#86 9666220304213755237

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 03:39 PM

About 10 mins ago Lighthalzen map was down (and is right now). My characters got disconnected when being warped there.

And now I can choose to "escape" to other towns before getting in the game.

If you try warping to Lighthalzen from Eden, it simply tells you "unable to move [to] applied area".

#87 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 March 2023 - 03:44 PM

Scammers, botters, duplicators...every Ragnarok server has them. We've been dealing with them for two decades, I'm not surprised we're still dealing with them today. The WP team should at least give us a play by play on how they are investigating and dealing with these issues and not just generic weekly announcements. WP will need to take the initiative and own this problem to show players they are willing to fix it.

Is the duping confirmed? Yes? No? But the answer should never be maybe. The Ragnarok community has a mind of its own and will willingly throw speculation when questions aren't satisfied.

That’s the exact reason why we need the WP team to do a deep investigation and take proper actions, in that case, people will stop speculating :) What has WP done so far? Only “thanks for your patience”?

#88 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 03:45 PM

What community!?!? Let me give you a quick 101 about RO, everything is false advertisement and dated. For example if you go to the official website you'll see the "classic" icon server still up it's from 2012.....most of the features in RO don't work it's literally that simple. Forums has nothing to do with anything in game people will claim and say something on forums and IN game it's a whole other story with their -2 population. Forums is just toxic or nonexistent but I guess the game reflex that. You are what you eat. :gawi:

@CMMuji, can u guys change the rules so that we can post actual in game character names on forum? In that sense, we can be more consistent here on forums too.

#89 1370211011125108670

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 05:10 AM

@CMMuji, can u guys change the rules so that we can post actual in game character names on forum? In that sense, we can be more consistent here on forums too.

I wonder who you're going to post here? be patient and let the team fix everything - everyone has problems, not just you ...

p.s. as I said earlier, only the result is important to you, it's difficult for everyone now!

#90 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 06:39 AM

I wonder who you're going to post here? be patient and let the team fix everything - everyone has problems, not just you ...
p.s. as I said earlier, only the result is important to you, it's difficult for everyone now!

Why are you worried about who I am gonna post if rules change? The result is of course not only important to me, but also important to anyone else. I am not rushing the team to give a one time fix and then restart the server every time a disconnection happens, rather, I am always asking them to find the root cause and take proper actions, will this request impact your future business? As you said, everyone has problems and is difficult, that’s why we voice ourselves and try to push the WP team for a longer term fix :)

p.s: I already sent a ticket regarding my observation of some suspicious characters in game, and hopefully it can help the investigation too.

Edited by mic9010, 26 March 2023 - 06:42 AM.

#91 trumppybear

trumppybear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 06:41 AM

the past couple hours are just very bad, Chaos is just down all the time

#92 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 07:13 AM

In the past I think **the famous b- youtuber ** is the rich guy paying to feed the server.

Now I found the reality,

it is the server paying to feed him.   :D

Edited by crystalerLM, 26 March 2023 - 05:09 PM.

#93 1370211011125108670

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 07:16 AM

Why are you worried about who I am gonna post if rules change? The result is of course not only important to me, but also important to anyone else. I am not rushing the team to give a one time fix and then restart the server every time a disconnection happens, rather, I am always asking them to find the root cause and take proper actions, will this request impact your future business? As you said, everyone has problems and is difficult, that’s why we voice ourselves and try to push the WP team for a longer term fix :)

p.s: I already sent a ticket regarding my observation of some suspicious characters in game, and hopefully it can help the investigation too.

You send all your guesses to the Gm team - there is no need to push anyone to change the rules - you know this will not happen, and you do not need to publish nicknames here, and once again I say be patient - the situation will be resolved, I am sure of it.

why am I worried - because your guesses contain more than 85% nicknames, who are not even involved in this!!

Edited by 1370211011125108670, 26 March 2023 - 07:17 AM.

#94 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 11:20 AM

You send all your guesses to the Gm team - there is no need to push anyone to change the rules - you know this will not happen, and you do not need to publish nicknames here, and once again I say be patient - the situation will be resolved, I am sure of it.

why am I worried - because your guesses contain more than 85% nicknames, who are not even involved in this!!

Yea, I don’t care whether the rule will be changed or not, why you overreact so much on it? My main concern is how the WP team can find a solution to the disconnection issue in the near future, and I just sent the nicknames for investigation. WP will tell whether those names are innocent or not along the way of solving disconnection issues, why you ignore all my previous statements and only focus on those nicknames? You don’t need to worry too much about those names if they are not yours, or even some of them are, as long as those names are all good player names :)

Edited by mic9010, 26 March 2023 - 11:28 AM.

#95 iriisss

iriisss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 01:23 PM

Only dupers will worry about people discussing who’s the duper. Normal players will just chill :)
Why is someone who used to complain about duped convex mirror worrying about exposing dupers’ names now? Interesting.

#96 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 26 March 2023 - 03:02 PM

In the past I think *redacted* is the rich guy paying to feed the server.
Now I found the reality,
it is the server paying to feed him. :D

Used to wonder too. Like why whats a supposed millionaire/ upper middle class doing in this godforsaken server. Surely they rich people have better hobby but I guess the secret are out of the bag huh.

#97 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 03:35 PM

So, how's the criminal investigation going?

#98 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 03:48 PM

Who are the dupers?  :blink:  :wacko:  :ph34r:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 26 March 2023 - 04:34 PM.

#99 iriisss

iriisss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 04:40 PM

So, how's the criminal investigation going?

Any investigation will be on GM’s end. Other players can only avoid buying duplicated stuff. Due to some recent observations, one of the dupers stopped vending unlimited shadow enchant boxes - could be out of stock though; another duper claimed he’s selling ‘last stock’ of great hero enchants with unlimited supplies.

#100 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 04:57 PM

Used to wonder too. Like why whats a supposed millionaire/ upper middle class doing in this godforsaken server. Surely they rich people have better hobby but I guess the secret are out of the bag huh.

yeah lol,  as well as the **famous f- bio5 MVP hunter and enchants seller**  ,  who is sucking the server as always. 

Edited by crystalerLM, 26 March 2023 - 05:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users