WoE Issues - Post 4/27 Update - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

WoE Issues - Post 4/27 Update

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#51 LordXeres

LordXeres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 May 2023 - 08:10 AM

Since all the Cheaters are abusing the Bugs like Psychic wave and Earthquake in WoE and WoE TE, option 1 is the best,

How do you expect us to defend the castles, when everyone oneshots most of the players with these two skills? If option 3 is being chosen, then that means you are allowing the players to abuse the bug and get away with it.

I THOUGHT THE GAME BANNED PEOPLE WHO ABUSED THESE BUGS AND NOT REWARD THEM! IF THIS IS NOT SO PLEASE GIVE US PERMISSION TO ABUSE THE BUGS TOO!!!

If you want majority votes, then i can have all my alt accounts to vote for Option 1. Alot of us dont play because of these stupid bugs and then you reward the cheaters. Are you guys really thinking straight on how to go about it? Or you are just being lazy?

#52 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 14 May 2023 - 09:58 AM

Since all the Cheaters are abusing the Bugs like Psychic wave and Earthquake in WoE and WoE TE, option 1 is the best,

How do you expect us to defend the castles, when everyone oneshots most of the players with these two skills? If option 3 is being chosen, then that means you are allowing the players to abuse the bug and get away with it.

I THOUGHT THE GAME BANNED PEOPLE WHO ABUSED THESE BUGS AND NOT REWARD THEM! IF THIS IS NOT SO PLEASE GIVE US PERMISSION TO ABUSE THE BUGS TOO!!!

If you want majority votes, then i can have all my alt accounts to vote for Option 1. Alot of us dont play because of these stupid bugs and then you reward the cheaters. Are you guys really thinking straight on how to go about it? Or you are just being lazy?

That's why I suggested a rollback to pre-bug ownership/econ + re-imburse supplies used + give 1-2 day vip box per woe to people who showed.

Means they get back any supplies spent if they went/used them, small token for their wasted time.
Meanwhile also doesn't reward people who showed up vs people who didn't show up cause they figured it was too bugged.
Noone gets rewarded and noone gets punished.

Options provided are
1. castles that broke during bug go back to original econ/owners + people who went to bugged woe get rewarded and if you didn't you get penalized.
2. Everyone gets screwed over in terms of ownership/some castles gain econ, some lose some and people who went to bugged woe get rewarded.
3. Castles that broke during bugged woe lose econ, otherwise if they held them econ remains +people who went to bugged woe get rewarded.

Every option rewards going vs not going.
Besided the ticket response from gm's will ask what castle econs are and you just gotta be like "idk bro"

#53 zyndri

zyndri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Server:chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaos

Posted 15 May 2023 - 05:43 AM

OPTION 4: all players must participate in woe with no equips at all like the shrines in botw/totk

throw fists like god intended

#54 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 15 May 2023 - 05:46 AM

OPTION 4: all players must participate in woe with no equips at all like the shrines in botw/totk

throw fists like god intended

if this is true our humble pvm guild will go pvp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!1!!!!1111111!!!!11!11

#55 Rezar

Rezar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 May 2023 - 06:07 AM

Sorry to be woe uneducated but I havent participated in over a decade. What is the ROI in investing in castles nowadays? Back in the day it was to primarily  acquire god items but there are so many items out there today that have similar effects. 

Edited by Rezar, 15 May 2023 - 06:10 AM.

#56 zyndri

zyndri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Server:chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaos

Posted 15 May 2023 - 08:09 AM

Sorry to be woe uneducated but I havent participated in over a decade. What is the ROI in investing in castles nowadays? Back in the day it was to primarily  acquire god items but there are so many items out there today that have similar effects. 

there is literally no point haha - you can get into guild dungeons without owning a castle, and ocp have rendered the god items useless

it's just the pvp area where people go to feel good (or bad) about themselves, usually

#57 Kevin1234

Kevin1234

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 May 2023 - 08:13 AM

I wonder why Greater and my post were deleted is it cause its the truth and people's feelings hurt? only players that have a say are the ones that actually play the said topic and are the majority that being said greater in woe te is majority and dominating so everyone that doesnt play it dont have a say and they voted 3. DC is the majority and dominating and we voted 3 so if youre triggered from it then come woe and woe/te and try to make a change if not then leave your opinion in your head.

Edited by Kevin1234, 15 May 2023 - 08:16 AM.

#58 iriisss

iriisss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 May 2023 - 08:47 PM

As WOE is already dead with these bugs not being fixed, best option is to disable WOE until you find a fix on all of these bugs.

#59 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 318 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA

Posted 16 May 2023 - 03:27 AM

I wonder why Greater and my post were deleted is it cause its the truth and people's feelings hurt? only players that have a say are the ones that actually play the said topic and are the majority that being said greater in woe te is majority and dominating so everyone that doesnt play it dont have a say and they voted 3. DC is the majority and dominating and we voted 3 so if youre triggered from it then come woe and woe/te and try to make a change if not then leave your opinion in your head.

No need to wonder why posts are removed. If you insult people your post will be removed especially in a drama topics like this. These topics tend to get derailed enough as it is without people getting upset after being provoked for no reason.

Leaving this up as this message as it is much better put than what you had posted originally which was very rude and insulting. That said, the irony is I agree with you that those who are holding the most castles should have the most say but some tact certainly helps get your message across!

#60 LordXeres

LordXeres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 16 May 2023 - 05:19 AM

No need to wonder why posts are removed. If you insult people your post will be removed especially in a drama topics like this. These topics tend to get derailed enough as it is without people getting upset after being provoked for no reason.

Leaving this up as this message as it is much better put than what you had posted originally which was very rude and insulting. That said, the irony is I agree with you that those who are holding the most castles should have the most say but some tact certainly helps get your message across!

But that's the problem. That people are exploiting bugs and cheats to get an advantage so how can it be justified that the option that majority castle owners select is best. That is just plain and simple rewarding for cheating.

#61 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 16 May 2023 - 07:12 AM

so you lowkey supported cheaters? wtf

#62 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 16 May 2023 - 08:09 AM

My post was an act of self defense. It shouldve not been removed ._.

Anyways can we add #4 option? Just ban cheaters. Its an easy fast fix otherwise seems like bugged WoE will be bugged for a while.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 16 May 2023 - 08:19 AM.

#63 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 11:10 AM

Like I said bruh. Nothing on the list is good coz yall cheating. 100 econ doesn’t matter coz one side cheating the other side cheatin. Feel me?

#64 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 318 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA

Posted 16 May 2023 - 11:36 AM

so you lowkey supported cheaters? wtf

I'm really not trying to support cheaters but we have people in this topic who literally haven't participated in WoE in months or years. While that feedback is arguably more important at this point given the low participation in WoE almost making the mode obsolete, this forum topic is about responding to an active issue that Cordite seems to want the feedback from the people currently being effected, so active WoE players. To me the most active players with the best grasp on the situation would obviously be the leaders of the guilds who hold castles. So that was all I was trying to say.

That said with the ongoing rampant nature of the cheating on all sides were I the GM/CM tasked with fixing this I'd not have bothered with this poll and just removed castle ownership and reset all castles to zero since it is nearly impossible to fairly distribute rewards. But that's why Cordite gets paid the big bucks and I'm just a volunteer. :heh:

#65 Cordite

Cordite

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 02:53 PM

Greetings all,

This week during maintenance we will be disabling WoE until repairs are received. Treasure restorations will be performed on castles, with restorations ending after this maintenance date (meaning we will restore treasures that would have been earned between the time frame of 4/27 through 5/18). After this maintenance WoE will be disabled and castles will just remain as they are with all functionality disabled. 

It appears option 3 seems the most desirable at this time, but we can continue to discus that until the event is restored. All suggestions are still welcome, I believe I saw one suggesting characters to meet for a fisticuffs contest, that would be amusing  :p_laugh:  

Now I do not have an ETA on when the event will be repaired back to playability, but during the time we are trying to repair it, I will bring up the concerns voiced here regarding the SC's ability abuse. If we can get a better hold on finding who exactly is cheating, and if it can be proven, then things may be done about them in particular... so you know. If there is video evidence of someone doing something unbecoming, or if we can be pointed at someone that we can try to check up on and investigate with good provided details on what they did, we'd greatly appreciate submissions on that in ticket form (lets not call anyone out here on the public forums, I don't want this discussion to devolve into a flame war). To be clear just pointing a finger at someone with no supporting evidence is also not welcome, we need something solid, with screenshots or dates and times of what may have been performed that we can compare with logs.

That is all I have for now, this will remain open and I will be checking in on it, I may not post too much, but I will keeping up with this discussion, and if I have anything new to bring up, I will disclose it here if it is regarding WoE being repaired.

#66 Agonizing

Agonizing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3238 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 May 2023 - 03:12 PM

@cordite
Here is your proof that was recently deleted by a mod from the other topic

https://youtu.be/gC9QpbVw_fs

It doesn't get any clear than that

#67 AstarLighting

AstarLighting

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 03:23 PM

@cordite

Also report this, or can't you?

#68 Milktz

Milktz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 04:06 PM

Greetings all,

This week during maintenance we will be disabling WoE until repairs are received. Treasure restorations will be performed on castles, with restorations ending after this maintenance date (meaning we will restore treasures that would have been earned between the time frame of 4/27 through 5/18). After this maintenance WoE will be disabled and castles will just remain as they are with all functionality disabled. 

It appears option 3 seems the most desirable at this time, but we can continue to discus that until the event is restored. All suggestions are still welcome, I believe I saw one suggesting characters to meet for a fisticuffs contest, that would be amusing  :p_laugh:  

Now I do not have an ETA on when the event will be repaired back to playability, but during the time we are trying to repair it, I will bring up the concerns voiced here regarding the SC's ability abuse. If we can get a better hold on finding who exactly is cheating, and if it can be proven, then things may be done about them in particular... so you know. If there is video evidence of someone doing something unbecoming, or if we can be pointed at someone that we can try to check up on and investigate with good provided details on what they did, we'd greatly appreciate submissions on that in ticket form (lets not call anyone out here on the public forums, I don't want this discussion to devolve into a flame war). To be clear just pointing a finger at someone with no supporting evidence is also not welcome, we need something solid, with screenshots or dates and times of what may have been performed that we can compare with logs.

That is all I have for now, this will remain open and I will be checking in on it, I may not post too much, but I will keeping up with this discussion, and if I have anything new to bring up, I will disclose it here if it is regarding WoE being repaired.

I think it is the best , to disable woe and concentrate completely on updates and improvements and new adds of overseas care new items that we need . thank you

disable woe , until the year 2030 so we can be 4 job and have everything implemented in the game

#69 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 16 May 2023 - 05:15 PM

Greetings all,

It appears option 3 seems the most desirable at this time, but we can continue to discus that until the event is restored. All suggestions are still welcome, I believe I saw one suggesting characters to meet for a fisticuffs contest, that would be amusing :p_laugh:

Well this stinks! The only reason im still playing ro is to enjoy woe. Me continuing to level, quest, hunt for gears, and buy from the kafra shop is to have fun there. Hope you guys fix the woe issue before the month ends. Im not interested in MVPs, questing, and grinding, so i dont have any real reason to even continue to playing.

When i get the gears i want from 17.2 and woe isnt fixed yet, sad to say but i probably wont log in anymore. T_T

Edited by mlmf, 16 May 2023 - 05:19 PM.

#70 iDenryu

iDenryu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 06:06 PM

@cordite

hey Agonizing, don't forget about the VIDEO you shared: 

Here the Screenshot of the nickname:  San_Antonio_AAAEB_D9F8 (booster char and now deleted!, who knows why  :wacko: )

Spoiler

Don't forget to report it too!  :D  :D  :D 

#71 SweetKarly

SweetKarly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Location~

Posted 16 May 2023 - 06:18 PM

Greetings all,

:unsure:  :unsure: I hope all this is fixed soon, WoE is the only thing that motivates me to keep playing Ragnarok.

Suggestion: WoE/PvP Event where OCP and MvP cards are banned so people can show their "skills".  B)

#72 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 07:50 PM

Greetings all,

I will bring up the concerns voiced here regarding the SC's ability abuse. If we can get a better hold on finding who exactly is cheating, and if it can be proven, then things may be done about them in particular... so you know. If there is video evidence of someone doing something unbecoming, or if we can be pointed at someone that we can try to check up on and investigate with good provided details on what they did, we'd greatly appreciate submissions on that in ticket form (lets not call anyone out here on the public forums, I don't want this discussion to devolve into a flame war). To be clear just pointing a finger at someone with no supporting evidence is also not welcome, we need something solid, with screenshots or dates and times of what may have been performed that we can compare with logs.

Huh? Does this mean GMs will try banning cheaters? Woudl be nice to have WoEs where people actually show their skills and not their cheats. Current WoE isnt challenging at all. We'll see  :p_devil:

#73 Cameraman

Cameraman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 08:58 PM

Huh? Does this mean GMs will try banning cheaters? Woudl be nice to have WoEs where people actually show their skills and not their cheats. Current WoE isnt challenging at all. We'll see  :p_devil:

They need to do it ASAP before people accept that cheating is the norm already.

But my expectations are low on this... still hopeful though.

While watching WoE videos in Chaos, it seems they are already near the point of no return.

Then there is a player from Chaos who's spreading cheats/add-ons/tools to a certain guild in Thor.
Unfortunately he has the backing of a GM so he will never be banned.

#74 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 09:51 PM

They need to do it ASAP before people accept that cheating is the norm already.

But my expectations are low on this... still hopeful though.

While watching WoE videos in Chaos, it seems they are already near the point of no return.

Then there is a player from Chaos who's spreading cheats/add-ons/tools to a certain guild in Thor.
Unfortunately he has the backing of a GM so he will never be banned.

One thing I was wrong. I have to admit it. I used to seriously think that a server needs WoE to be alive and thriving. Well, iRO server is still going, barely breathing but if it died, its not because of WoE death. WoE available or not doesnt matter at this point. Even if they disabled WoE permanently, and WoE cheaters actually quit iRO, the loss would be minimal because currently there are only couple of them circle jerking each other off anyway. Check out ghost boring WoE vids if you dont believe me. Now, let assume they actually started banning cheaters, this means, 96% of current WoE people would be banned and without cheats, they probably would rage quit anyway. There might be new vanilla players who might want to join but again ... OCPs and MvPs are just too much for new players to survive. It is still a one shot feast regardless lol

And yeah, you aint gonna see a WoE vid where there are 50-100 people fighting in the screen anymore. Those times already long gone. We all had fun  :ani_shy:  :ani_slur:  :heh:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 16 May 2023 - 09:52 PM.

#75 7887150425064601653

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 10:17 PM

It really is very embarrassing for everyone voting for options that are useless, it doesn't matter any option THAT DOES NOT SOLVE ANYTHING because cheaters will easily recover the castles, banning accounts that are surely alternate and already without any item does not solve anything either, the best thing is ban ip, follow up on the trades and ban the accounts that traded with that cheating account, only then can they do justice, whoever has to fall, BUT MOST IMPORTANT, remove ALL OCPS from woe gentlemen, they are talking more of things that don't make sense, the people who play woe those of us who go to woe don't do it for treasures, we catch the ads watching flags so they don't bother either, we go to fight fairly and with dignity against other clans. For cremcake, everything you say in an automated way was already done MONTHS ago, tickets, videos were sent, the same guy uploaded videos using all his hacks to youtube, and they just said: "have faith, we'll fix it", and NOTHING happened , the guy uploads videos proclaiming himself good, making fun of everyone and there they are still happy and content, we are making a noise in the forum because we want this server, because we have dedicated years to it and because many people trust my word and leave their servers to come here with me, we are tired of submitting tickets that are completely ignored.

Remove ocps and mvps as someone said <3, but not as an event but permanent, there you will see that many old players return, and it will look like woe reance, and friendships die and new best friends emerge.

Edited by 7887150425064601653, 16 May 2023 - 10:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users