Anyone wanna take odds if there can be a new Pre-Renewal server? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone wanna take odds if there can be a new Pre-Renewal server?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 04:39 PM

Well, I already spent hours fighting Alligators and other junks near Commodo but I still kind of like the idea of maybe revisiting some level'ing spots again with their Old settings and mobs. Also possibly the old Hommuncules's and other stuff too.

So for numbers what about:

1 out of 10 chance

1 out of 100 chance

1 out of 1000 chance

Or some other probability?

Also since we've already seen a Classic server before, what about adding some kind of prize for a certain level? (how about the choice of any 1 card for either the server or maybe for one of the Renewal servers?)

And what about some kind of ranking sign board for the first 50 level 99's or some such thing?

Edited by Xplay4eva, 21 May 2023 - 04:42 PM.

#2 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 21 May 2023 - 06:07 PM

zero chance

#3 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 10:43 PM

Mod close this thread

#4 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 22 May 2023 - 02:52 AM

Classic came and went several years ago. It was fun while it lasted and I'd like for them to put out an official pre-re sever just to satiate that itch every now and then, but you're talking about a rare drop, my friend.

#5 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 22 May 2023 - 06:27 AM

Lol ppls will find a way to get bugs to benefit in game and server eventually shuts down so RIP

#6 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 May 2023 - 06:52 AM

We didn't even get events to race to lv200 like other servers did, what made you think we would.

#7 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 22 May 2023 - 07:56 AM

New renewal server without OCPs and Kachue is all we need. Wait, ... they probably wont ban cheaters and abusers. Nevermond lol

#8 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 May 2023 - 08:27 PM

Most people interested in pre renewal are gone, left are the addicts that cant bear to leave the thousands of dollars and years of their life behind they spent on a 2/10 game with nice pixel-graphics.

#9 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 23 May 2023 - 07:56 AM

Sure but to make a successful pre-renewal server you must do these simple steps

1.- Sue all pirate servers owners (private server is a name to fancy for them).

2.- Hire a good admin for Ragnarok Online instead of CM( to be honest i don't know why we have so many of them if they can't fix a meme).

3.- Sell only costumes (without challenge any game turns in to a boring mess) yet you can make tons of money if you only sell Costumes.

4.- Make it p2p why? because we know that there will be lots of cheaters so if you ban them like always they will return but now they have  buy the game in order to keep playing, this way warp portal makes money for banning cheaters and the playerbase wins, it's a win-win.

5.- Invest in adverstisement even if it's an old game Ragnarok Online have that charm of retro games that can always be played no matter the times, RO it's a cult classic.

6.- Let the Euros play i don't know what kind of deal does warp portal have with Euro official servers but sounds lame that you don't let European players to play in an International server.

7.-Put CM to work, put them to watch the woes (this in order to detect cheaters, bug abusers, etc) patrol areas in case of bots (now called macro-users), etc.

8.- And finally stop depending on KRO, hire programmers, make a deal with KRO that allow you admin your own server, but seriously stop depending so much of KRO, like always they don't really care about us.

And that's it, simple right?

Obviously no, but you can always dream.

Edited by 6773131031232342973, 23 May 2023 - 10:23 AM.

#10 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 12:58 PM

if a new server, no matter if pre-renewal or other wise, manage to have a succesful start (unlike the last attemp lol), it wont last more than 6 months.

#11 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 01:33 PM

there is no content to look forward to ever. 99 and that is it. then you restart the cycle of " no content blah blah blah"
at least renewal there will be a content update eventually. 
Nostalgia only lasts so long and not a good way to make money in the long term.

#12 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 01:57 PM

Sure but to make a successful pre-renewal server you must do these simple steps

1.- Sue all pirate servers owners (private server is a name to fancy for them).

2.- Hire a good admin for Ragnarok Online instead of CM( to be honest i don't know why we have so many of them if they can't fix a meme).

3.- Sell only costumes (without challenge any game turns in to a boring mess) yet you can make tons of money if you only sell Costumes.

4.- Make it p2p why? because we know that there will be lots of cheaters so if you ban them like always they will return but now they have  buy the game in order to keep playing, this way warp portal makes money for banning cheaters and the playerbase wins, it's a win-win.

5.- Invest in adverstisement even if it's an old game Ragnarok Online have that charm of retro games that can always be played no matter the times, RO it's a cult classic.

6.- Let the Euros play i don't know what kind of deal does warp portal have with Euro official servers but sounds lame that you don't let European players to play in an International server.

7.-Put CM to work, put them to watch the woes (this in order to detect cheaters, bug abusers, etc) patrol areas in case of bots (now called macro-users), etc.

8.- And finally stop depending on KRO, hire programmers, make a deal with KRO that allow you admin your own server, but seriously stop depending so much of KRO, like always they don't really care about us.

And that's it, simple right?

Obviously no, but you can always dream.

1. I think this goes along with resources. One goes down another 3 pop up. I think it is too much to ask for but others may disagree.

2. Haven't seen the position on indeed for some time for lead dev. I wonder if they found someone. The thing is this is an old game. No one in their right mind would want to come on this late into it's tenure unless they just want experience for a few years or so.

3. Costume only. I honestly am ignorant about this model. I find it hard to imagine that people would not eventually want some way to increase exp for leveling or something since IRO is a grind based game.

4. I agree here too it has to be P2P. I would like to see more VIP options in the cash shop. Like 10, 30, 60, and so on. QoL items is a must. I would like to see the items that drive the sales other than item boxes. The "Hot" tab just isn't good enough to get a good enough picture. At least for me.

5. I actually agree with you here. Some type of advertisement would be nice. I am not into marketing so I have no contribution in how to do it. Even with more social media presence I do not think it would be enough.

6. GDRP is a thing in Europe. The whole reason why Europeans got the boot in the first place. I know there are things that have to be taken into consideration when dealing with data to and from there. Also, the Gacha model is either illegal or very tricky to implement for those regions right?

7. Not for sure how you are going to spread your resources even thinner to have them monitor gameplay when they have a hard time doing what they do now. Open 1 server and hiring more people doesn't seem like a good idea when no pre-renewal server lasted after renewal here. Why would anyone join a company to do pre-renewal when there is 0 job security in it. You cannot even half pretend there is. The player base is pretty small already. I wonder how much of the renewal player base you would lose.

8. Distribution vs owning the game is a thing too. With only distribution rights you cannot make changes to the core game without approval. I agree with you though more freedom would be nice.

#13 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 May 2023 - 07:28 PM

I give it a 0 out of 0 chance. WP would mess it up. Between bugs, cheaters, and greed, the server would be another Freya in no time. They can't even do anything on the forums besides tell us when Maintenance begins and ends. No communication whatsoever.

One of the original problems with the Loki server was lack of content. That's because the server had everything already "baked in". So, when they tried to add things, like weapons (the bow for the Jumping Janeway event, for instance), they weren't put in properly, and therefore, couldn't be displayed correctly. Using a database that's copied from Chaos but with Classic settings would ensure that developers could easily add content, including Renewal gears, cards, etc. How fun would it be to race to level 200 with 1x rates on a server with Classic settings? 

At this point, making it a P2P server wouldn't work, as there's so many with such little faith that it could be done correctly. (If WP asked, and the entire PLANET said "no" to selling anything in the cash shop except costumes, we'd have OCPs the very next day.) So already, the player base would be too low. So we'd have another P2W situation. And no matter how much they try, they just can't seem to not -_- things up by putting OCPs above all else. Who's running seals in Chaos again? In which build do God items shine best? Exactly.

6. GDRP is a thing in Europe. The whole reason why Europeans got the boot in the first place. I know there are things that have to be taken into consideration when dealing with data to and from there. Also, the Gacha model is either illegal or very tricky to implement for those regions right?

And finally, Kuurus, the GDRP was a copout from day one. Gravity always intended for RO to be divided by regions. I would assume it had to do with RWC. Idk. However, if you look at the dead forums for the other games, you'll see at least one game hosted by WP that welcomed back EU players shortly after WP banned them.

Welcome Back EU Friends on May 12, 2021! - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums (Side note, Dagon Saga EU players got to keep their accounts when they were banned, since, I'm guessing, WP knew the ban on them would be lifted. Players for RO1, at least for the Classic server, had their accounts completely deleted the same day the ban took place.)

So, it has nothing to do with GDRP, and Chaos and Loki were (maybe not directly) sabotaged. Most of those players are now either hopping illegal servers, or simply moved to other games. And a brand-new server with EU players unbanned isn't going to win them back.

Edited by belld1711, 25 May 2023 - 07:47 PM.

#14 clizie

clizie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • LocationLasagna
  • Server:Lasagna

Posted 26 May 2023 - 03:04 AM

lately there are some revo classic roaming around in facebooks.. if ever this happens.. promoting an official revo classic with x5 fix rates is good. its a hit now in most asian countries maybe they missed the old classics. but to do this WP staff should be more hyper active on facebook and promoting advertisements and make some sponsoreship. maybe teaming up on gravity game hub official. or orher official hubs.m of gravity.

#15 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 06:19 AM

I give it a 0 out of 0 chance. WP would mess it up. Between bugs, cheaters, and greed, the server would be another Freya in no time. They can't even do anything on the forums besides tell us when Maintenance begins and ends. No communication whatsoever.

One of the original problems with the Loki server was lack of content. That's because the server had everything already "baked in". So, when they tried to add things, like weapons (the bow for the Jumping Janeway event, for instance), they weren't put in properly, and therefore, couldn't be displayed correctly. Using a database that's copied from Chaos but with Classic settings would ensure that developers could easily add content, including Renewal gears, cards, etc. How fun would it be to race to level 200 with 1x rates on a server with Classic settings? 

At this point, making it a P2P server wouldn't work, as there's so many with such little faith that it could be done correctly. (If WP asked, and the entire PLANET said "no" to selling anything in the cash shop except costumes, we'd have OCPs the very next day.) So already, the player base would be too low. So we'd have another P2W situation. And no matter how much they try, they just can't seem to not -_- things up by putting OCPs above all else. Who's running seals in Chaos again? In which build do God items shine best? Exactly.

And finally, Kuurus, the GDRP was a copout from day one. Gravity always intended for RO to be divided by regions. I would assume it had to do with RWC. Idk. However, if you look at the dead forums for the other games, you'll see at least one game hosted by WP that welcomed back EU players shortly after WP banned them.

Welcome Back EU Friends on May 12, 2021! - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums (Side note, Dagon Saga EU players got to keep their accounts when they were banned, since, I'm guessing, WP knew the ban on them would be lifted. Players for RO1, at least for the Classic server, had their accounts completely deleted the same day the ban took place.)

So, it has nothing to do with GDRP, and Chaos and Loki were (maybe not directly) sabotaged. Most of those players are now either hopping illegal servers, or simply moved to other games. And a brand-new server with EU players unbanned isn't going to win them back.

The gacha box business model is the reason EU cannot play here. I am not 100% sure on this. I also do not understand the entirety of the gdrp thing too. I understand why the game accounts were deleted (even if I think it sucked for them to do so). Personally, I just do not think they want to spend all the money on legal resources more than they do. Again, this is all speculation. It's cool if people don't agree we can agree to disagree. 

#16 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 06:49 AM

Revo classic is awful, wasnt there one already under WP rule that died already? or was it just the joke of a server which is new euRO, not even sure if its still alive under russians. renewal mechanics are terrible as they were designed from the start to sell people OP gear instead of adding content that lets you play for it.

#17 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 26 May 2023 - 08:31 AM

Revo classic is awful, wasnt there one already under WP rule that died already? or was it just the joke of a server which is new euRO, not even sure if its still alive under russians. renewal mechanics are terrible as they were designed from the start to sell people OP gear instead of adding content that lets you play for it.

yea, there were TWO, and both dead. lmao rekt

#18 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 May 2023 - 05:31 PM

The gacha box business model is the reason EU cannot play here. I am not 100% sure on this. I also do not understand the entirety of the gdrp thing too. I understand why the game accounts were deleted (even if I think it sucked for them to do so). Personally, I just do not think they want to spend all the money on legal resources more than they do. Again, this is all speculation. It's cool if people don't agree we can agree to disagree. 

The gdrp has to do with how personal information is collected and processed. It has nothing to do with online gambling, which is what OCPs and other boxes basically are. how does the gdpr affect us companies - Google Search

iRO uses the OCPs and other boxes.

Dragon Saga has the Big Wheel. Dragon Saga (playdragonsaga.com)

And EU's Ragnarok Online Prime uses the "Win-Win machine". (17/05-24/05) Limited Offer: Win-Win Machine | 4Game (4gameforum.com)

Again, it's not something WP couldn't work around, since they did for Dragon Saga. It was all just BS, and our player base suffered for it.

Edited by belld1711, 27 May 2023 - 05:34 PM.

#19 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 May 2023 - 09:50 AM

felt satisfying that they killed restart with it, idk if they didnt knew most guilds there were run by europeans (and how many europeans actually playd there), if they didnt care or if they werent able to comprehend the consequences. 

#20 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 28 May 2023 - 01:11 PM

The gdrp has to do with how personal information is collected and processed. It has nothing to do with online gambling, which is what OCPs and other boxes basically are. how does the gdpr affect us companies - Google Search

iRO uses the OCPs and other boxes.

Dragon Saga has the Big Wheel. Dragon Saga (playdragonsaga.com)

And EU's Ragnarok Online Prime uses the "Win-Win machine". (17/05-24/05) Limited Offer: Win-Win Machine | 4Game (4gameforum.com)

Again, it's not something WP couldn't work around, since they did for Dragon Saga. It was all just BS, and our player base suffered for it.

oh ok yeah i was totally wrong then about that. Thanks for the link too btw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users