Broken graphics on particular maps - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Broken graphics on particular maps

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 asawicki

asawicki

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2023 - 12:20 PM

Hello,

I'm an owner of Windows 11, DX12 system with Nvidia GTX1660 Super GPU and newest drivers from nvidia. Setup configured so that software is handled on GPU, not CPU APU unit. Player from Europe.

Valid Raeth regions look like this:

https://youtu.be/SZP9Q9KV6pc

It makes gameplay on these map(s) totally unplayable. It's important since I need to use these maps to do ex. daily.

I'll upload more contents shortly...

#2 asawicki

asawicki

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 02:16 AM

I made list of working and nonworking maps. Here it is:

Good:
Odelia,
Windia Plains,
Advanced Windia Plains,
Traitor's Ridge,
Howling Wind's Hill,
Canyon of Oblivion,
Wailing Hill,
Port of Winds,
Jigsaw Pincers Coast,
Decker Shark Piers,
Kalygon Fleet,
Nautilus Port,
Mirinae Sanctuary,
Belkan Sanctuary,
Skypie Sanctuary,
Sepcter's Tower,
Dangerous Caverns,
Culverts,
Mining Area,
Libra,
Smoldering Swamps,
Dried Woods Swamps,
Reed Swamps,
Kazeura Village,
Eruda Valley,
Salvalon,
Lamieta,
Pine Cone Hills,
Verdourous Forest,
Collapsed Sanctuary,
Gods' Sancutary,
Kundara Dungeon,
Kayron Altar
Fungoid Village

Bad:
Bearded Whale Coast
Steven Trading Port
Moonlight Shore Village,
Valid Raeth,
Magma Coral Fields,
Abyss of Fire,

The rest don't know, can't access yet. It may also happen in dungeons, mission maps etc.

Link to all bad, how they display...:
https://youtu.be/7SsXc2dBRMI

Is there any solution to that? Already tried reinstalling Dragon Saga. Turning off and on the PC does not work, sadly :lol: Changing startup options to run with old windows system compatibility mode doesn't work either. 

Edited by asawicki, 05 June 2023 - 03:07 AM.

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 05 June 2023 - 04:11 AM

This can have one of 4 different reasons:

1. if you have a dual video card laptop/notebook it might use the low-spec graphics card. Use the control center to add Dragon Saga to the high-perfomance profile.

2. Pre-compiled Shaders are corrupted: Delete the folder Shaders/Generated (and only the Generated folder, not the whole Shader folder)

3. The game might be corrupted. Use the pre-patched version you can find here in the technical section to prevent patch corruptions.

4. If you Windows 11 isn't update to the latest version (22H2 with full updates) do so.

#4 asawicki

asawicki

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 05:02 AM

Dear Popcorn,

Thank you for your reply.

So I followed instructions.

First of all, I started with point no. 4, as it's the one not related to game, but to my PC system. Headed to Windows Update, I found out that I didn't installed 22H2 update. I installed it, rebooted PC, started the game. Behavior remains the same.

Then I followed point no. 1, as it's the one also not related to game but my setup. I have desktop with Intel graphics and Nvidia dedicated card. I made sure game is being launched with graphics from Nvidia. I headed to Nvidia Control Panel first and set my dedicated gpu as default for PhysX apps. Then, headed to graphics settings of Windows, anded all 4 executables from directory, as follows:
game_bootstrap.exe, Patcher.exe, PatcherPatch.exe, WPLauncher.exe
and set High Priority Profile to them. Relaunched the game. Nothing changed.

The only left are related to the game, game files. I want to inform you that to install current game I used official installer for that game. I think that's important, as it probably makes an issue for everyone using similar setup, also people which installed game for the first time.

Headed to point no. 2 solution. I deleted this directory, "Generated". Directory was regenerated on game launch. Problem dissapeared. Also, I redo changes from point 1. Still problem doesn't exist. We might assume that point no. 4 didn't lead to solution, too. It's clearly point no. 2 which does the job.

Please consider making a small change in patcher/launcher. Probably, if launcher would delete "Shader/Generated" on it's own at each game start, so that it would regenerate it automatically later before login screen, I wouldn't have create this thread and problem would not exist. Such a small change, one command rmdir or similar.

If you need a bit of help from time to time, I might be a volunteer. I'm currently more into Django development, python, API integration, but used to work with large C++ projects back in the days.

Edited by asawicki, 05 June 2023 - 07:45 AM.

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 06 June 2023 - 10:52 AM

I am glad that one of my suggestions was helping you to fix your issue. Your offer for help is appreciated but please understand that we as a company cannot accept help from the community which would be involved in source code work for security reasons.

Topic closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users