Why did the Soul Reaper Garment effect change? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why did the Soul Reaper Garment effect change?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 June 2023 - 03:40 AM

Good evening to the CM's,

I just wanted to voice my concerns about why the Soul Reaper garment, 'Day of the Dead' get such a drastic change from its original jRO counterpart?

jRO original effect as advised by offical Gungho site https://rotool.gungh...php?item=480228 :-

- Max HP+5%.

-MATK+5%.

- Reduces damage taken from Player's by 5%.

- Increases [Shadow] property magic damage by 5% per level of [Evil Soul Curse] known.

- INT+5 and Max SP+5% per level of [Soul Energy Research] known.

- Increases the damage of [Espa] by 5% and [Eshwoo] by 25% per level of [Soul Harvest] known.

- If [Soul Collection] is level 5, recover 150 HP and 15 SP when a monster is killed via magical damage.

- If upgrade level is 7 or higher, additional Max HP+5%, additional MATK+5%.

- If upgrade level is 9 or higher, additional Max HP+10%, additional MATK+10%.

iRO effect as advised ingame:-

- ASPD+5%.

- Reduces damage taken from players by 5%.

- INT +1 and MATK +1%, per skill level of [Esha], [Espa], [Eshwoo] learned.

- Max HP +1500, per skill level of [Soul Harvest] learned.

- When [Soul Collection] Lv5 is learned, restore 150 HP and 15 SP when defeating monsters with a magic attack.

- When refined to +5 or higher, additional ASPD +5%.

- When refined to +7 or higher, additional ASPD +10%.

- -5% damage from normal and boss monsters.

In my honest opinion as someone that has played Soul Reaper for an extended time, I see nothing that warrants or justified the need to change the statistics of this Garment, the jRO original effects are neither too good, nor are they bad, and I honestly wouldn't see where any issues would occur with this.

Under who's direction did they have to change and can we at least understand the reasoning behind the statistic changes? I reckon it would be more palatable to us at players if you could at least give us the reason for the changes.

I am neither requesting we go roll the effects back to the jRO original as that just opens an unnecessary can of worms, nor expecting things would have been kept in its original form as its always been understood Warpportal reserves the right to change effects of items and gears when they arrive, its just a simple question or why.

I just also wanted to end my post by asking everyone to also posts in this topic to refrain from saying things like "nerfed this" or along the lines of "right, and also this {item name} got nerfed too" as all I want is just a justification if the CM's can even provide one, and in my own humble opinion, a nerf to me would necessitate that the item in question would have already been in the server already before they weakened the effect, and since this item didn't originally come in its jRO format and was released in its iRO format to begin with, I wouldn't call this a nerf but just simply a change of effects.

Thank you all kindly.

Sincerly yours,

Your Pervert.

#2 Cheezkeyk

Cheezkeyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 05:44 AM

Do you have the images for 20th anniversary Costume egg!!!!

#3 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 June 2023 - 07:34 AM

because all players should play RK only.

#4 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 June 2023 - 11:19 AM

My best guess: because they have to find at least one item to change effect, those items cannot be RK items, cannot be 0.34 items, and those higher chance ones are usually recycled, as a result, they will find a 1.01 item for a more minor class to “change” :)

#5 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 16 June 2023 - 12:13 PM

WP should realize that it would be their best interest not to nerf OCP items, as it would attract curiousity of players who plays other class, would invest $$$ to a new class just to tryout some cool jRO here at iRO.

I got this item, also a set of skull rings, disposed 1 for ring of adoramus trade,  was thinking  of trying out Soul reaper, but seeing  it was nerfed, am now greatly discouraged :( 

#6 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 16 June 2023 - 01:06 PM

At this point I don't think they actively adjust items.

I understand previously they definitely adjusted refine level requirements and whatnot, but I simply don't think there's enough effort here to even bother coming up with a weaker version of an item

It's more likely that this is what happened:

1. jRO submitted the item they intended to add over to Gravity (This is likely a process that all version of RO undergoes when they create item now)

2. jRO decided item is too weak/strong and decided to adjust and publish it  <----Obviously this is the version we see and want

3. Gravity never received the update jRO made, and frankly they don't care as long as they have an item in place in case of overlapping IDs

4. Gravity sends over initial version that jRO created and don't bother checking

5. Profit

Edited by DrowsyCate, 16 June 2023 - 01:07 PM.

#7 Varignon

Varignon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence Quit

Posted 16 June 2023 - 02:59 PM

Because you can't spell RagnaroK without R and K.

#8 Rezar

Rezar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 June 2023 - 10:52 AM

4. Gravity sends over initial version that jRO created and don't bother checking

probably this

Edited by Rezar, 17 June 2023 - 10:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users