The Sign Quest: Metz Timer - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The Sign Quest: Metz Timer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nikkoc1

Nikkoc1

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 09:29 AM

I just finished The Sign Quest and i realized that, after you give The Sign to Metz, the time you must wait to go back differs so much from guides around internet. I looked a lot of charts with different timers and even iRO guide which says you only need to wait 1 hour to go back to Metz.
Obviously I gave up and decided to continue leveling up my SC. After about 8 days (I gave The Sign to Metz a Saturday at 9:47 pm), I talked again to Metz a Sunday at 11:10 am to see what happens. He gave me The Sign and I could finish the quest.
It seems that there's no reference anywhere about the exact Metz Timer, at least anything I could find. The question is if anybody knows the real time of this exact part of the quest to make a contribution to the community, as many people had problems with this quest.
I think is about 7 days RT (Real Time) or 12-24 hours IGT (In-Game Time) to trigger Metz dialogue to get The Sign again.
Thanks for reading!

P.S.: sorry for my english, not very accurate.

#2 parotonon

parotonon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 27 July 2023 - 11:21 PM

I got mine after about 8-10 hours. Definitely not 24 hours because I waited that long too. 

Edit: Definitely not 7 days

Edit: my original post https://forums.warpp...e/#entry3036857

Edited by parotonon, 06 December 2023 - 02:54 AM.

#3 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 28 July 2023 - 03:15 AM

^^^Same, gave metz the sign around 9:50pm PDT then received it at 4:58 PDT

#4 4579211005162558513

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:Yes

Posted 28 July 2023 - 07:23 AM

Ain't no way you have to wait 7 days for getting The SIgn, the iRO Wiki chart is accurate since at least for me, I didn't had any problems redeeming the item during the times depicted on the chart.

The only instance in the whole quest where you have to wait for a day is when you give the items to that strange guy in Comodo. You must've been doing something wrong on your end since you first should've picked the item around 0:00-1:59 according to the time you posted.

#5 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 29 July 2023 - 10:19 AM

Ain't no way you have to wait 7 days for getting The SIgn, the iRO Wiki chart is accurate since at least for me, I didn't had any problems redeeming the item during the times depicted on the chart.

The only instance in the whole quest where you have to wait for a day is when you give the items to that strange guy in Comodo. You must've been doing something wrong on your end since you first should've picked the item around 0:00-1:59 according to the time you posted.

At least for me the strange guy had literally no timer & i tried for 3 days to talk to metz npc at the charts time with no success, after someone posted in forums i tried talking to it in a different time (when im usually not awake) and it worked so i believe the timer is off.

#6 Freyvald

Freyvald

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2023 - 11:09 PM

• Metz takes 3-4 hours to study The Sign. When you pass him The Sign, take note of the time you handed it to him, convert that time into PST/PDT, then round up to the next even hour (2, 4, 6, 8, 10 ,12), then add two hours to that number, you will have a two hour pickup window beginning then. For example if you hand it to him at 13:20 PST/PDT, you should round up to 14:00 PST/PDT, then come back between 16:00 PST/PDT and 18:00 PST/PDT[1]

I am currently doing "The Sign" quest and nearing to the end. I gave the Sign to Metz and according to the iRO wikis, (from what I understand) I have to convert my timezone (Philippine time) to PST and add one hour if PST time is in odd number (I handed my Sign at exactly 10am Philippine time, which 7pm PST, then I added one hour which made it 8pm PST) to make it even. 

So, I followed 8PM PST and converted it to military time, (20:00), but when I tried retrieving the Sign according to the timetable provided online, it didn't work. I tried claiming it at 0:00, Metz said he still has not done with it yet. I will retry at 1:59 to see if the guide on iRO is indeed working or maybe I am wrong something wrong here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users