What is the best Build of Abyss Chaser? - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What is the best Build of Abyss Chaser?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 marvels2

marvels2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 September 2023 - 06:02 PM

What is best build stats and skill of abyss chaser? melee type, Magic type or Bow type.?

please let me know what is best of them thank u.

#2 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1748 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 September 2023 - 07:28 PM

IMO if PVM, stick with autospell obviously because of Pazuzu Ring and then the new magic skills for 4th job. For pvp/woe stick with Shadow Chaser or Stalker skill tree because the rest of the other pvp skills from 4th job are -_- useless.

#3 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 September 2023 - 09:45 PM

Autospell abyss chaser looks ok

[iRO] Abyss Chaser Auto Spell - Abyss Square & From the Abyss Skill Showcase - YouTube

#4 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 September 2023 - 12:26 AM

All the ones I see in Nif2 are Fatal Menace using Awakened Fatalist, 2x Ring of Hunter, and Abyss Dagger (idr the other equips but most are exp gear). I only really remember one autospell AC in Ami2

#5 YuuiL

YuuiL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 20 September 2023 - 06:41 AM

All the ones I see in Nif2 are Fatal Menace using Awakened Fatalist, 2x Ring of Hunter, and Abyss Dagger (idr the other equips but most are exp gear). I only really remember one autospell AC in Ami2

Hihi Petes :D

Yea we all FM probably because at this point those chasers who rush leveling are all doing it for WoE lol.

It is quite neat to level with FM imo. So I have been using the following to level using FM (at niff2 tho exp gears are kinda necessary...)

• Leaf Cat Hat (upper, +7 or above gives +25% exp; alternatively you can use Black Feather for 100% DEF bypass)
  • Poring Sunglasses (middle, +5% exp; some EXP Advisors might have super good enchants like exp from demon +10%? but are also super pricey)
  • Happy Balloon (lower, +5% exp)
  • Dark Triad (armor; make sure you have lv10 TS to get the full damage boost and lv3 maelstrom to get the extra agi and atk; I am using Restless Dead card just to be safe and not worry about FCP)
  • Awakened Fatalist (weapon; usually people use 2x PWM but since I am using leaf cat hat, for defense bypass, Samurai Scepter or MOT to replace one PWM. If you use Black Feather hat, you can use 2x PWM. You don't really need Drake to hit 999999)
  • Lian Shield (+10% exp; ideally use Happy Shield +15% exp with the proper card)
  • Striking Mikoshi (garment; alternatively you can use temporal str manteau that has acd reduction as well; Some amistr bags may give extra exp but I haven't tested how good the damage will be)
  • Peep Toe Sandals (+15% exp at +11 or above; use Ancient Worm card for extra +10% exp from demon monsters in niff2 as the normal monsters are all demon race iirc)
  • 2x RoH (accessories; just use Sewage Venetuum for extra FM damage as you might also use the 17.2 card set in normal PvM content I guess?)

Shadow & Costumes

• Menace Shadow Set (or if you think your damage is enough you can consider using Advanced Shadow Set for extra % exp)
  • Physical Shadow Weapon (or Perfect Size Shadow Weapon)
  • Almighty set ideally (for extra stats and aspd since you are using exp gears--losing aspd accordingly) but you can also consider using thief shadow set (you might use them for other builds like the complete class shadow set I guess?)
  • 20th anniversary event costumes (upper and garment, +60% exp)
  • exp enchanted middle & lower costumes (+4% exp)

Skill tree related (for leveling & general PvE)

• lv10 TS is needed even when you are FM build imo
  • lv10 Bow and Dagger Mastery
  • lv5 Abyss Dagger (long ass cooldown, use it only for the extra FM damage buff; also it somehow has a post-cast point so you can use it when winging around even when there's no mob nearby or just use it before you cast Flying Kick and FM immedately without walking--your character will finish the whole animation of Abyss Dagger before s/he starts to walk lol)
  • Copy Flying Kick to be able to kill mobs efficiently (no walking :D). This skill can also be spammed. You don't need to copy it if you default Black Feather and have lv3 Maelstrom. 
  • The 4th job skill that enables you to dash to monsters kinda sucks because it has a long casting time (100% VCT reduction or any change in FCT reduction doesn't seem to help) and LOOOONG cooldown too--not recommended.

Stats related (for leveling & general PvM)

• For normal gears (non-exp gears) I use Little Garden, which means a default 125 LUK
  • 90 VIT at least
  • I just love agi so I put 130 agi XD
  • rest to str (like 115 ish)
  • Talent stats: All to POW and CON

So you can pretty much have 193 aspd (if not enough just get agi candy enriched celermine and/or agi buff) and hit hard (kill is super efficient--imagine you just jump around and spam FM and wing next--that's how I missed group wing every time haha). Also you don't always need 100% acd reduction to be able to spam FM. With 193 aspd you only need 72% acd reduciton (60% from 2x RoH, 14% from Awakened Fatalist, % from the refine level of mikoshi, and some % from Menace Shadow set only if you are using the full set tho)

FM is cool and OP with the new stats. The damage in MvPing might not be comparable to bow but... Dude those pink particles are too kakkoii. WoE and FM build chasers are the real chasers imo hehe but yea it's still up to what you like mostly

Edited by YuuiL, 20 September 2023 - 06:57 AM.

#6 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1748 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 September 2023 - 08:00 AM

Yea we all FM probably because at this point those chasers who rush leveling are all doing it for WoE lol.

It is quite neat to level with FM imo. So I have been using the following to level using FM (at niff2 tho exp gears are kinda necessary...)

• Leaf Cat Hat (upper, +7 or above gives +25% exp; alternatively you can use Black Feather for 100% DEF bypass)
  • Poring Sunglasses (middle, +5% exp; some EXP Advisors might have super good enchants like exp from demon +10%? but are also super pricey)
  • Dark Triad (armor; make sure you have lv10 TS to get the full damage boost and lv3 maelstrom to get the extra agi and atk; I am using Restless Dead card just to be safe and not worry about FCP)
  • Awakened Fatalist (weapon; usually people use 2x PWM but since I am using leaf cat hat, for defense bypass, Samurai Scepter or MOT to replace one PWM. If you use Black Feather hat, you can use 2x PWM. You don't really need Drake to hit 999999)
  • Lian Shield (+10% exp; ideally use Happy Shield +15% exp with the proper card)
  • Striking Mikoshi (garment; alternatively you can use temporal str manteau that has acd reduction as well; Some amistr bags may give extra exp but I haven't tested how good the damage will be)
  • Peep Toe Sandals (+15% exp at +11 or above; use Ancient Worm card for extra +10% exp from demon monsters in niff2 as the normal monsters are all demon race iirc)
  • 2x RoH (accessories; just use Sewage Venetuum for extra FM damage as you might also use the 17.2 card set in normal PvM content I guess?)

Shadow & Costumes

• Menace Shadow Set (or if you think your damage is enough you can consider using Advanced Shadow Set for extra % exp)
  • Almighty set ideally (for extra stats and aspd since you are using exp gears--losing aspd accordingly) but you can also consider using thief shadow set (you might use them for other builds like the complete class shadow set I guess?)

• lv5 Abyss Dagger (long ass cooldown, use it only for the extra FM damage buff; also it somehow has a post-cast point so you can use it when winging around even when there's no mob nearby or just use it before you cast Flying Kick and FM immedately without walking--your character will finish the whole animation of Abyss Dagger before s/he starts to walk lol)
  • Copy Flying Kick to be able to kill mobs efficiently (no walking :D). This skill can also be spammed. You don't need to copy it if you default Black Feather and have lv3 Maelstrom. 
  • The 4th job skill that enables you to dash to monsters kinda sucks because it has a long casting time (100% VCT reduction or any change in FCT reduction doesn't seem to help) and LOOOONG cooldown too--not recommended.

• For normal gears (non-exp gears) I use Little Garden, which means a default 125 LUK
  • 90 VIT at least

So you can pretty much have 193 aspd (if not enough just get agi candy enriched celermine and/or agi buff) and hit hard (kill is super efficient--imagine you just jump around and spam FM and wing next--that's how I missed group wing every time haha). Also you don't always need 100% acd reduction to be able to spam FM. With 193 aspd you only need 72% acd reduciton (60% from 2x RoH, 14% from Awakened Fatalist, % from the refine level of mikoshi, and some % from Menace Shadow set only if you are using the full set tho)

FM is cool and OP with the new stats. The damage in MvPing might not be comparable to bow but... Dude those pink particles are too kakkoii. WoE and FM build chasers are the real chasers imo hehe but yea it's still up to what you like mostly

You know, I'm gonna give this a shot. thanks.

#7 Rezar

Rezar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 September 2023 - 02:51 PM

@yuuil. Nice guide! please sticky or add this to the thief section.

I love the FM build even though I only have one ROH. IB build was fun too until they fixed asmodeus with the patch.

#8 QYakkun

QYakkun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 03:20 PM

LMAO, TS and SS build chasers are fake chasers, the build you loved is nobler than others. I got it.

but Yuui is a good teacher tbh, learned from her a lot to level-up "easier" and "quicker".

#9 marvels2

marvels2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 06:58 PM

thanks u all.

#10 marvels2

marvels2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 07:01 PM

but do u think for MVPing best build is bow type? 

#11 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 689 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 September 2023 - 07:33 PM

I think that FM sc essay is about how you can gain more exp when leveling rather than MVPing, you can try it yourself and see how it goes tbh (if you can just sit in a party and leech).

Edited by mic9010, 20 September 2023 - 07:34 PM.

#12 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1748 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 September 2023 - 08:49 PM

LMAO, TS and SS build chasers are fake chasers, the build you loved is nobler than others. I got it.

but Yuui is a good teacher tbh, learned from her a lot to level-up "easier" and "quicker".

Just curious and for the sake of argument, why do you think that the other 2 builds are fake while the latter is "nobler" when both skill trees were already part of the class since the introduction of Rogues?

#13 QYakkun

QYakkun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 09:50 PM

Just curious and for the sake of argument, why do you think that the other 2 builds are fake while the latter is "nobler" when both skill trees were already part of the class since the introduction of Rogues?

Oh dude, I was just quoting teacher Yuui's word~ She said "FM and WOE build chasers are real chaser".

Sorry for the misunderstanding, maybe you just didn't read her whole “course” here. It's helpful for leeching.

In fact, I'm a fake chaser who played TS and SS build SC for a long time. Maybe I should change my build to be a "real chaser" hehe.

Edited by QYakkun, 20 September 2023 - 09:52 PM.

#14 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1748 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 September 2023 - 10:16 PM

Oh dude, I was just quoting teacher Yuui's word~ She said "FM and WOE build chasers are real chaser".

Sorry for the misunderstanding, maybe you just didn't read her whole “course” here. It's helpful for leeching.

In fact, I'm a fake chaser who played TS and SS build SC for a long time. Maybe I should change my build to be a "real chaser" hehe.

No need to apologize bro, lol. I'm just genuinely curious because I just came back into the game and just wondering why other builds are being tagged as fake.

#15 marvels2

marvels2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 12:34 AM

Have you try Auto spell using Bow to abyss chaser can auto abyss square skill and From the abyss skill.?

Edited by marvels2, 21 September 2023 - 12:37 AM.

#16 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1748 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 September 2023 - 02:46 AM

Have you try Auto spell using Bow to abyss chaser can auto abyss square skill and From the abyss skill.?

Yes, it works.

#17 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 919 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 21 September 2023 - 03:14 AM

Yes, it works.

is it good? i have FM build rn but i will make sure before i job change to AC

#18 YuuiL

YuuiL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Location-

Posted 21 September 2023 - 02:08 PM

It's just funny how some people react at this point even when I said "imo"--they misinterpreted everything to their fine taste. I don't know how personal preference would be something worth someone's time to do such verbal attack 

Also funny how they like trashtalking and love bringing this kind of bs everywhere lmao

Edited:

I don't know why people love taking everything personal or probably nowadays they all have super high ego.

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Someone could have shared his own opinion here regarding chaser builds and for what purposes other types of build is good, but instead he just loves taking things personal and picking targets to attack. 

And I'll stop here since this argument is not even relevant to this topic. Just be open and you can create a whole thread on the forum to attack me to your liking btw bro lel

Edited by YuuiL, 21 September 2023 - 02:20 PM.

#19 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 September 2023 - 02:21 PM

Shadow & Costumes

• 90 VIT at least

I love the detailed tutorial here, really appreciate it, FM build seems very strong. Would it be possible for you to share some vids about leveling using the equips? I am still a new chaser player, and currently watching a lot of youtube videos and learning.

#20 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1748 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 September 2023 - 09:40 PM

is it good? i have FM build rn but i will make sure before i job change to AC

Unfortunately I cannot attest that it is good but I think it has potential. Even if you don't cast it twice but if you have good matk gears it could still melt in PvM.

@YuuiL

Hey there is no ill intent here, I am not sure why you are feeling that way lol. I assume your response is directed to me. Like I said, I am just genuinely curious why "in your opinion" WoE and FM build are the real chasers.

I even applauded your guide and plan to use it in Niff 2, I tried it in Amicita 1 but I found TS better on that map because mobs are scattered.

Edited by Usurper, 21 September 2023 - 10:14 PM.

#21 7782210803181510743

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 06:01 AM

I'm waiting for skill rebalance update so that I can go for bow build and spam frenzy shot .

#22 YuuiL

YuuiL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Location-

Posted 25 September 2023 - 07:34 AM

Unfortunately I cannot attest that it is good but I think it has potential. Even if you don't cast it twice but if you have good matk gears it could still melt in PvM.

@YuuiL

Hey there is no ill intent here, I am not sure why you are feeling that way lol. I assume your response is directed to me. Like I said, I am just genuinely curious why "in your opinion" WoE and FM build are the real chasers.

I even applauded your guide and plan to use it in Niff 2, I tried it in Amicita 1 but I found TS better on that map because mobs are scattered.

Bruuuh dw I was saying it to another dude lol and yea ik there wasn't any ill intent from you so all g

Are you also the person talking to me on YT too? I saw his video showing an SC named Usurper in game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users