New Re:Start/Revo Classic server when? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Re:Start/Revo Classic server when?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 25 February 2024 - 02:16 PM

With the new client this could do very well if you actually kept the dupes n such under control before it ruins the economy. Clearly virtually no one has any interest in renewal cash shop crap server so how about you start one up people will actually play?

#2 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 25 February 2024 - 03:04 PM

lmfao, how many revo servers been already merged to chaos??

#3 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 25 February 2024 - 03:28 PM

lmfao, how many revo servers been already merged to chaos??

0 with the new client or actual proper anti cheat/proper handling of dupers. Not to mention they killed restart with the EU ban. That server would probably still have a higher pop than renewal if they didn't ruin it with mismanagement.

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10887 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 February 2024 - 04:54 PM

To counter the dupe issue, its easy. Disable RODEX maybe might be a good start lol

And yes, tbh .. Classic might've had more population than Renewal xD

To counter the dupe issue, its easy. Disable RODEX maybe might be a good start lol

#5 BardBun

BardBun

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2024 - 12:28 AM

Didn't kRO cease support for Re:Start like a few months after it got online?
They don't even have a Re:Start server themselves anymore, it will not receive update support.

I'd rather want a proper Classic server again, like iRO Classic Loki from 2012, that one is absolutely due for a reboot!

#6 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 919 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 26 February 2024 - 12:53 AM

Didn't kRO cease support for Re:Start like a few months after it got online?
They don't even have a Re:Start server themselves anymore, it will not receive update support.

I'd rather want a proper Classic server again, like iRO Classic Loki from 2012, that one is absolutely due for a reboot!

yes, and unfortunately, they also mention that they won't make another classic, just like revo-classic

#7 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1780 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 26 February 2024 - 06:54 AM

If certain servers can go well with renewal mechanic it's more question about how a server implement its cash shop...

Classic/Restart doesn't make RO better when it's still cash cow and still dupe-able... Let alone servers, RO mobiles those are under Gravity got systems to filter bots and dupes.

#8 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 08:12 AM

Ah yes, the recurring demand for things that previously died.

How about, no?

#9 BardBun

BardBun

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 09:38 AM

Ah yes, the recurring demand for things that previously died.

How about, no?

Oh please,

iRO Classic Loki lasted for a whopping successfull 7 years. (and it AGAIN would be super successfull if they'd just copy pasta the 2012 server and all of its updates from Episode 1 on)

Its nail in the coffin was RE:START.

And RE:START only failed because kRO shut down their own RE:START server about 6 months into iRO's launch, which is why it would have ultimately gotten closed anyway.

But it closed sooner due to WarpPortal being forced to ban all european players back then, which plummeted the RE:START population to an unprofitable amount.

Edited by BardBun, 26 February 2024 - 10:21 AM.

#10 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1780 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 10:14 AM

Oh please,

iRO Classic Loki lasted for a whopping successfull 7 years. (and it AGAIN would be super successfull if they'd just copy pasta the 2012 server and all of its updates from Episode 1 on)

And RE:START only failed because kRO shut down their own RE:START server about 6 months into iRO's launch, which is why it would have ultimately gotten closed anyway.

But it closed sooner due to WarpPortal being forced to ban all european players back then, which plummeted the RE:START population so an unprofitable amount.

Even then Classic is not doing good for last 3 years and since Xellie was quitting. I'm sure we can recommend somewhere else like Ragnarok Offline Classic to fill your personal lust...

Making a server means to facilitate at least hundred of players, not just yourself. 

#11 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 11:36 AM

Oh please,

But it closed sooner due to WarpPortal being forced to ban all european players back then, which plummeted the RE:START population to an unprofitable amount.

Warpportal BEING forced lol

#12 BardBun

BardBun

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 01:11 PM

Warpportal BEING forced lol

They were.

When the russian hoster outbid the french euRO hoster, their contract included IP exclusivity to get the european players onto their server.

#13 Yulevia

Yulevia

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 08:46 PM

You missed the party play and having party roles, but as is at the moment, parties wouldn't really exist I think, not even in a classic server

#14 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 10:00 PM

revo classic is worse than renewal, which was thought to be impossible. has been proven already like 3, 4 times? 

#15 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 08:40 AM

for a whopping successfull 7 years

230114_908223010.png

#16 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 04:58 PM

revo classic is worse than renewal, which was thought to be impossible. has been proven already like 3, 4 times?

Hardly, atleast in revo classic you can gear up via monster drops and you aren't forced to buy loot boxes every couple months to get the new +1000% dmg to X skill item that is required to even enjoy any of the newer content.

Only reason renewal still exists is enough people wasted enough money on cash shop items that they don't want to walk away from it. Not to mention these servers they basically sabotaged like re:start all ended up merged into renewal.

Renewal is a bad joke, you either have God tier gear and the current cash shop cheese or you are stuck doing gramps/ti's and struggling to level. None of the good gear comes from actual monster drops(aside from mvp/mini boss) either which is just hilarious. They literally release new content scaled that you will have a terrible time if you don't rush to the cash shop to buy the new cheese item and enough upgrade materials to safely upgrade it high enough to trigger it's effect. Then shills that spent alot of money on this over the years defend it try to pass it off as good.

#17 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 09:45 PM

and revo classic runs on the same garbage system that created 1000 problems to sell us a solution to, not as bad as renewal is, but its created in the same spirit, and its also flanked by cashshop transactions, but sure, be my guest, fail another one, whatever drains WPs ressources and increases the hate towards the company is welcome to me.

#18 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1780 posts

Posted 01 March 2024 - 08:07 AM

Hardly, atleast in revo classic you can gear up via monster drops and you aren't forced to buy loot boxes every couple months to get the new +1000% dmg to X skill item that is required to even enjoy any of the newer content.

Only reason renewal still exists is enough people wasted enough money on cash shop items that they don't want to walk away from it. Not to mention these servers they basically sabotaged like re:start all ended up merged into renewal.

Renewal is a bad joke, you either have God tier gear and the current cash shop cheese or you are stuck doing gramps/ti's and struggling to level. None of the good gear comes from actual monster drops(aside from mvp/mini boss) either which is just hilarious. They literally release new content scaled that you will have a terrible time if you don't rush to the cash shop to buy the new cheese item and enough upgrade materials to safely upgrade it high enough to trigger it's effect. Then shills that spent alot of money on this over the years defend it try to pass it off as good.

I am not defending renewal but it's iRO that made the entire game a joke. kRO gives you gears to obtain and party system to work together (why it's called MMORPG then???) but cash shop made them irrelevant. If iRO call Illusion/Automated OS gears trash, these gears are actually one of gears to use if not meta on kRO.

#19 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1486 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 01 March 2024 - 08:31 AM

I am not defending renewal but it's iRO that made the entire game a joke. kRO gives you gears to obtain and party system to work together (why it's called MMORPG then???) but cash shop made them irrelevant. If iRO call Illusion/Automated OS gears trash, these gears are actually one of gears to use if not meta on kRO.

Finally someone that get it.

#20 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 01 March 2024 - 07:47 PM

Finally someone that get it.

Renewal inherently isn't good or fun. Some of my best memories of playing ro loki/chaos back when they first came online was finding clever ways to level against higher level mobs for a better exp payout per kill. Hitting important break points in stats and actually having upgrades on gear mean something.

Renewal just turns everything into a slog. You get penalized for fighting higher lvl mobs, your upgrades on armor don't even matter aside from triggering effects on cash shop items that your class is useless without. Stat increases barely matter. The newer zones that release are literally scaled in a way you get screwed if you don't have god tier gear since it's you 1 shot them with the current cheese or it's not even worth doing.

Seems like people that bought into this awful system for years and spent quite a bit on the cash shop don't want to admit it's bad and walk away from something they are very heavily invested in at this point. The re:start server was more lively and fun than chaos has been in over a decade and saying otherwise is silly.

Edited by Wyndor, 01 March 2024 - 07:48 PM.

#21 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • LocationWarga +62
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 March 2024 - 01:14 AM

Renewal inherently isn't good or fun. Some of my best memories of playing ro loki/chaos back when they first came online was finding clever ways to level against higher level mobs for a better exp payout per kill. Hitting important break points in stats and actually having upgrades on gear mean something.

Renewal just turns everything into a slog. You get penalized for fighting higher lvl mobs, your upgrades on armor don't even matter aside from triggering effects on cash shop items that your class is useless without. Stat increases barely matter. The newer zones that release are literally scaled in a way you get screwed if you don't have god tier gear since it's you 1 shot them with the current cheese or it's not even worth doing.

Seems like people that bought into this awful system for years and spent quite a bit on the cash shop don't want to admit it's bad and walk away from something they are very heavily invested in at this point. The re:start server was more lively and fun than chaos has been in over a decade and saying otherwise is silly.

Honestly, third job is the main cause of why Renewal existed in the first place. It simply means to balance third jobs since there are 120+ stats and new skills that changes gameplay. However, things like changes in instant cast (no more 150dex), fixed cast time, no more bonus atk every 10 STR, no more matk empowered by INT stats, etc are pissing off most players.

I actually like the levelling method that is based on current player's level range which makes the levelling a challenge and you will need to change places to level instead of cheating from level 1 (lol that yggleaf anubis levelling)

Edited by EdwardEG, 02 March 2024 - 01:34 AM.

#22 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 03 March 2024 - 01:32 PM

Honestly, third job is the main cause of why Renewal existed in the first place. It simply means to balance third jobs since there are 120+ stats and new skills that changes gameplay. However, things like changes in instant cast (no more 150dex), fixed cast time, no more bonus atk every 10 STR, no more matk empowered by INT stats, etc are pissing off most players.

I actually like the levelling method that is based on current player's level range which makes the levelling a challenge and you will need to change places to level instead of cheating from level 1 (lol that yggleaf anubis levelling)

The leveling is okay aside from the fact it ruins fun/more skillful lvling methods. It's fun when you first get firewall on a mage and can go lvl fast if you do it properly. Also use to be fun a sniping off cliffs as an archer. You can largely get by without this but it's boring. That is until you get it the a certain point. I remember lvling my sura. Got to a point where I basically couldn't lvl because I didn't have god items or the store loot box cheese item. I couldn't 1 shot the mobs I had to lvl on and the map was basically impossible to do if you didn't 1 shot them.

There was nothing I could farm in game to remedy this either. It was buy a bunch of cash shop crap n sell it to rent a god belt or buy enough to rng my way into the current cheese item.

It's never clicked for these clowns that if they released a decent product they would make more money overall than a few whales on here handing them money every few months to get cash shop cheese items to sell.

#23 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1780 posts

Posted 07 March 2024 - 04:38 AM

Again, this is iRO's problems rather than Renewal problems. Party-ing on Varmundt Bathhouse, Abyss Dragon 4F, and Rudus 3F Maps are things on kRO and other servers before 4th classes. They are high EXP monsters if you refer to "Fighting higher level mobs to level faster". Noblesse, Automated, and Illusion equips are also one of progression equips which are all in-game obtained. But thanks to cash shop/OCP, they are obviously better so people want these equipments which doesn't involve party gameplay at all and money talks...

iRO just kill their core gameplay cos no one even party-ing on Gramps...

Edited by Exvee, 07 March 2024 - 04:39 AM.

#24 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3584 posts

Posted 07 March 2024 - 09:22 AM

They just opened up ROO sum like that bruhv. I doubt staffs gonna add another pain in they -_-.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users