Crow of Destiny Quest - Page 2 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Crow of Destiny Quest

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#26 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

So how many of you would use the eden group area if it directed you to quests that are available to you?

Yes yes yes! ;D

#27 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

So how many of you would use the eden group area if it directed you to quests that are available to you?

You would you sorely loved. Just don't involve KP with it.

#28 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

It would be mainly for all the "big storyline" or access quests.

The quest journal only works for quests you have completed after the quest journal was introduced. So for instance the Sign quest for many people wouldn't show up at all.

Have you guys gotten the quest notification system working? Maybe you should inquire korea about that, as it was introduced very early on in renewal. Making use of it would be really cool...

Posted Image

#29 Lamperouge

Lamperouge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:28 AM

Have you guys gotten the quest notification system working? Maybe you should inquire korea about that, as it was introduced very early on in renewal. Making use of it would be really cool...

Posted Image

that's cool notification system. I hope it will be implemented soon on iRo :)

#30 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:34 AM

Yeah I'd heard about the new quest notification system on kRO. Which now shows where quest NPCs are on the minimap and makes NPCs with quests more obvious in passing etc. (some NPCs do this already, but not all).

That and a bulletin board for quests would make it less "search every pixel inch in the town and hope you're lucky".

Also as others said: The rewards should be un-nerfed. I don't get why players were encouraged to do quests even less when they were doing them rarely before anyway.

Edited by soudou, 19 January 2011 - 03:35 AM.

#31 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:39 AM

You would you sorely loved. Just don't involve KP with it.

agreed

#32 Lamperouge

Lamperouge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:49 AM

Yeah I'd heard about the new quest notification system on kRO. Which now shows where quest NPCs are on the minimap and makes NPCs with quests more obvious in passing etc. (some NPCs do this already, but not all).

That and a bulletin board for quests would make it less "search every pixel inch in the town and hope you're lucky".

Also as others said: The rewards should be un-nerfed. I don't get why players were encouraged to do quests even less when they were doing them rarely before anyway.

yeah, I'm pretty sure the quest rewards don't need to be nerfed. even now many quests are totally abandoned due to the small rewards.

#33 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:51 AM

man who would have thought my first post would turn into something that could help the community http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

#34 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

man who would have thought my first post would turn into something that could help the community http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

You don't know that yet.

#35 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:52 AM

You don't know that yet.

Ah well that is why i said "Could," we still have no idea if we will get it or if we do will it be implamented well.

#36 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

I for one really hope it would. I love doing the quests, and it would help me a lot if there was a quest journal.

Heimdallr, is it by any chance possible to have quests where you have to wait til a certain time, to have it in different time zones? I mean, for example the Sign Quest to talk to Sir Jore, and afterwards to Piru Piru.. this lil lady you can't talk to after 5pm til 10pm which is pst time (I assume) which is 2am-7am my time.

So yeah, basically is it possible to have the game and the quests where there are times, that you can set them so its the actual time in said time zone the player is in? So, instead of 5pm-10pm pst, that it would be for players in Europe 5pm-10pm CET?

Does this make sense?

#37 Lamperouge

Lamperouge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:26 PM

I for one really hope it would. I love doing the quests, and it would help me a lot if there was a quest journal.

Heimdallr, is it by any chance possible to have quests where you have to wait til a certain time, to have it in different time zones? I mean, for example the Sign Quest to talk to Sir Jore, and afterwards to Piru Piru.. this lil lady you can't talk to after 5pm til 10pm which is pst time (I assume) which is 2am-7am my time.

So yeah, basically is it possible to have the game and the quests where there are times, that you can set them so its the actual time in said time zone the player is in? So, instead of 5pm-10pm pst, that it would be for players in Europe 5pm-10pm CET?

Does this make sense?

of course it does make sense.

but it would take time to program & implement it.

#38 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

Yeah those kind of quests are a pain in GMT sometimes. I feel they're kind of a pain in general, though some would disagree. Waiting until a certain time for the Moscovia Dungeon entrance quest was a pain when I just wanted to get on with trying out the Dungeon. :)

Edited by soudou, 19 January 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#39 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

I think most quests should still have pre-renewal exp rewards.

The basic reason is that for most people, they are still getting the same exp/hour they were pre-RE with the exception of thors/bio3 leech types. Since most quests are 1/10 exp of what they used to be they became 10x less popular.

Honestly it can't hurt much with pre-RE rates, its not like you can power level to 150 or anything. You could maybe squeeze out 149 to 150 with preRE exp rewards which isnt even slightly abusable. Taking time out of level grinding to do quests instead adds some much needed variety to leveling as well.

Imagine for a minute that questing was better than average exp/hour (say 2m/hour). You only have about 50 hours worth of quests in RO, but it would be a much more enjoyable 50 hours than grinding dragons or something.

#40 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

^ Yea i dont see why that would matter much. People would get decent exp ONCE and it takes away from the mundaine grind.

#41 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:40 AM

so now i have a question on this for hiem. The things that doddler recommended with the signal over the npc and the bulleting board in the eden group. Were these ever implimented into kRO? Or were you thinking of adding them in yourself with their permission?

#42 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

so now i have a question on this for hiem. The things that doddler recommended with the signal over the npc and the bulleting board in the eden group. Were these ever implimented into kRO? Or were you thinking of adding them in yourself with their permission?

The images Doddler posted with signs above their heads and dots on minimaps are from kRO I think. So should already be implemented there. If its a small fix, there's a chance we'll get it sooner in a small patch than in a big "episode" update. But iRO staff would have to confirm that (and also bug kRO about it).

The bulletin board, I think that would have to be of iRO's making.

Edited by soudou, 21 January 2011 - 09:10 AM.

#43 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:56 AM

I would if the EXP were changed to reflect the amount of time and effort needed to complete a lot of these quests, as has been suggested.

#44 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

I would if the EXP were changed to reflect the amount of time and effort needed to complete a lot of these quests, as has been suggested.

I have done almost all the quests ingame... some quest are not worthy the time and their only redeem is the story behind (the republic ones were my fav but damn Rangris grope my butt a lot of times by accident)

#45 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

If I wanted story I'd rather read a book. Let's be realistic.

#46 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

Would be nice, but I much prefer the questing system in RO DS where you go to a tavern and talk to the bartender to ask for a list of quests that are available in the area. And then when you select a quest, the bartender teleports you to the NPC that starts the quest. I don't mind the Quest, Job, and Event bubbles over the NPCs, but I really don't want the now typical ! and ? icons in RO.

#47 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:31 AM

I would love to have more Job Specific quests. Like once you reach a certain job lvl (much like the special job skills you can learn) you get a letter sent in the mail. Or you get a pm in game asking you to go to your respective guild hall. I would do those, cause tbh i really liked the story behind my GX job change and the assassinations. Maybe you guys can do somthing with that

#48 Guhin

Guhin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

I would love to have more Job Specific quests. Like once you reach a certain job lvl (much like the special job skills you can learn) you get a letter sent in the mail. Or you get a pm in game asking you to go to your respective guild hall. I would do those, cause tbh i really liked the story behind my GX job change and the assassinations. Maybe you guys can do somthing with that

I always wondered why they never did this. I mean, there's a whole guild of one specific job, so they must have stuff they gotta do right? Why not send an Assassin to exterminate a certain NPC, or a Sage to find a secret book with hidden spells in it? I agree they should send you a message through the mail to inform you about the quest, as it would be a more interesting use of the mail system. Rewards could include EXP or gears, similar to Eden Gears, but more specific to your exact class.

#49 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

I always wondered why they never did this. I mean, there's a whole guild of one specific job, so they must have stuff they gotta do right? Why not send an Assassin to exterminate a certain NPC, or a Sage to find a secret book with hidden spells in it? I agree they should send you a message through the mail to inform you about the quest, as it would be a more interesting use of the mail system. Rewards could include EXP or gears, similar to Eden Gears, but more specific to your exact class.

Exactly my thoughts. And about the reward it would even be like the job change where you get a gear for your class or an accessory similar to the green apple ring. Somthing to make it worth while, doesnt have to be exp, because tbh ppl will do quests if they are fun. If you get a class specific gear i think ppl will do it reguardless of whether they will use it or not.

#50 Guhin

Guhin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:40 AM

Agreed. Class specific accessories or headgears given only upon completing Class quests would be interesting to see. Also, give these quests some interesting mechanics. Something a little more than kill count/hunt item/talk to NPC. Have an Arch Bishop have to perform an Exorcism, or send a Sura to meditate under a waterfall. xD Just some basic ideas, but I'm sure if they put their minds to it, they could come up with some entertaining quests that could provide players with useful items or EXP, and most importantly, a break from the grind. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users