Design a card effect: Please submit by Feb 14th! - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Design a card effect: Please submit by Feb 14th!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

Greetings, Programs!

After many months of carefully marinating your ideas for Kafra Gal card effects, they are almost ready to go on the grill!

We picked card effects that looked like fun and will be sending the listed submissions up to Headquarters to be made. A big thank you to everyone who participated, and congratulations to the winning posters. It was a lot of fun going through these and seeing the crazy stuff you want to see in the game.

But wait a minute, while we received a lot of great ideas for what the cards would do.... only one of the submissions had artwork to go along with it.

Great community cards should have great community designed arts on them.

So I put the call out to you, artisans of Rune Midgards: Create card artwork for the winning card entries! Use the flavor text or proposed image as a guideline for creating your arts and post them in this here thread and immortalize these lovely Kafra Ladies.

Update! In case you have questions:

[*] We would like your image submissions by Feb 14th if at all possible, so we an get to using them in some of our future events!
[*] The proportions of the image should be at a ratio of 3:4 any pixel size is ok, we can scale it down for the finished product
[*] Jpg format is preferred

1. Kafra Leilah Card-suggestion from Susan

Kafra Leilah likes to watch the stars at night. She is always hoping to see a falling star, so she can make a wish (preferably true love or tax reductions).

Card slot: Accessory (2 cards don't stack)

Effect: Add the low chance of casting lv 1 Meteor Storm when being attacked. +5%HP/SP recovery. -5 % Sp Consumption.

Picture:I can't draw but i can play with photoshop. I only you used bmps/effect pics that are from Ragnarok, nothing else.
<This photoshop actually came out really great, if someone wants to take a crack at further illustrating this please go ahead>http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/7881-kafra-leilah-card/

2. Kafra Pavianne Card- suggestion from OldManWinters

Devoting yourself to the task, like Kafra Pavianna, can bring unexpected results
Card Slot: Headgear

Effect: Increase MATK by X% where X is equal to upgrade level of the headgear. If headgear is upgraded to +10 or higher reduce fixed cast time by 5%

Prefix: of Dilligence

Picture: Kafra Pavianna holding out a glowing object *artists choice* to a novice.
http://forums.warppo...ra-card-design/

3. Kafra Blossom â?? Suggestion from Wosungree-
< Needs some flavor text! >
Card slot: Accessory
Effect: +15% Resistance to all elements
5% chance to increase resistance to all elements by 10% for 10 seconds
-2 to all stats
Prefix: Carefree
<Needs card art!>

4. Kafra Jasmine â?? Suggestion from Doddler

Card Slot: Weapon
Effect: For each base stat at or above 100, adds +5% physical and magical damage.
Prefix: Devoted
<Needs card art!>
http://forums.warppo...fra-girl-cards/

5. Kafra Roxieâ?? suggestion from anthraxzero
The cute Kafra gals canâ??t stand the undead enemies, and decided to help the adventurers of rune midgard to exterminate these ugly guys for once and for all!
Card slot: Weapon
Effect: Gives 2% chance to cast turn undead on the enemy while dealing physical damage, +1 int.
Prefix: of Final Extinction
Image: I can imagine 3 Kafra galz (The ones you like more =P) fainted in the ground, while in front of them, thereâ??s another Kafra girl trembling (or a brave knight, havenâ??t decided yet) facing a little zombie.
<Needs card art!>
http://forums.warppo...ra-cards-ideas/

6. Kafra Curly Sue - Suggestion from Kysiar
Even though she looks very young and acts very childish, she is very determined when it comes to her work.
Effect: Luk+2, has a chance of casting lvl 5 Gloria while attacking
<Needs card art!>

7. Creepy Kafra (Niffleheim)- suggestion from Fibrizzo
<Lots of suggestions for this NPC, she seems pretty popular, she needs some flavor text and a name(?)>
Effect: Enables the use of skill Resurrection lvl 1 (Blue gemstone needed)
Increases the SP cost of skills by 25%.
Decrease all stats -1.
Suffix: of Redemptio
<Needs card art!>
http://forums.warppo...49-death-kafra/

-end of line

#2 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

I need a tablet to draw ;o; congrats to the winners~

Edited by Miii, 19 January 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#3 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

is this event still open? what pixel does the card art need to be in?

#4 rueth

rueth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

Sorry, a question~ for the artists, do we make up the kafra's designs (hairstyle/etc) or are they based on the original kafras? Some posts have original kafra sprites, some don't.

#5 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

Sorry, a question~ for the artists, do we make up the kafra's designs (hairstyle/etc) or are they based on the original kafras? Some posts have original kafra sprites, some don't.

The Kafras appearances would be based on the NPCs described here: http://forums.irowik...091&postcount=7 plus the undead Kafra in Niffleheim.

#6 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

Fallen Kafra (Niffleheim)
Forever banished to niffleheim this kafra employee offers something no other kafra can, Souls...
Effect: when receiveing melee of magic damage has a chance to soul link the player
Suffix: enlightening
Sloted: Armour
Card Art, i was thinking maybe bio3 cards with a kafra stealing its soul, id have to put 1 or 2 together

Angry Kafra
To many people have got on the wronge side of this kafra, even asking her to open storage gets her to lash out
Effect: add +25 attack
Suffix: Enranged
Slotted: Shield

Basicly we need a offensive type sheild....

#7 Ciel

Ciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationExtreme Super South, Texas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

O~~~ This sounds like delicious fun...!

Although, it seems like all the RO Cards have a fancy, pre-set border, and I am unaware of the height and width pixel proportions of a card. Will these Kafra Cards be able to have their own, unique border [ie; like how an MvP Card's border differs from a regular mob Card]? Is there format restrictions? .bmp? .jpg? .png? Transparency issues? [Ie: how magenta turns transparent in stuff, like skins, on RO] How many pics can we do, and when does the images have to be turned in?

Need to know that. .___.

#8 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:10 AM

O~~~ This sounds like delicious fun...!

Although, it seems like all the RO Cards have a fancy, pre-set border, and I am unaware of the height and width pixel proportions of a card. Will these Kafra Cards be able to have their own, unique border [ie; like how an MvP Card's border differs from a regular mob Card]? Is there format restrictions? .bmp? .jpg? .png? Transparency issues? [Ie: how magenta turns transparent in stuff, like skins, on RO] How many pics can we do, and when does the images have to be turned in?

Need to know that. .___.

These would probably have the standard border. As far as format goes, jpg is preferred and it is a 3:4 proportion for the image, don't worry about the size. If you create a large image we can scale it down.

Please create and submit as many as you can as soon as you can, we would like these by Feb. 14th!

#9 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

These would probably have the standard border. As far as format goes, jpg is preferred and it is a 3:4 proportion for the image, don't worry about the size. If you create a large image we can scale it down.

Please create and submit as many as you can as soon as you can, we would like these by Feb. 14th!

In short words; "We can't pay someone to create them for us, so we'll give someone from the player base the option to get their drawing ingame on the card for free. Free for us too."

I'm just being real tonight.

#10 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:40 AM

In short words; "We can't pay someone to create them for us, so we'll give someone from the player base the option to get their drawing ingame on the card for free. Free for us too."

I'm just being real tonight.

To be fair, we've been doing stealing your arts for loading screens for years now.

#11 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:40 AM

To be fair, we've been doing stealing your arts for loading screens for years now.

It's a nice thing though. The community gets to feel like they contribute and take a part in the server.

Reason I pointed it out yesterday was that lately it's been feeling like the community has had to do so much more.
Write tickets, report stuff, take part in the forums, etc etc.

It's been feeling more like "If you guys want iRO to succeed and live on, you best do something for the server". Which is true, but we shouldn't have to correct the gm's on things that the gm's do.

#12 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

. Kafra Pavianne Card- suggestion from OldManWinters

Devoting yourself to the task, like Kafra Pavianna, can bring unexpected results
Card Slot: Headgear

Effect: Increase MATK by X% where X is equal to upgrade level of the headgear. If headgear is upgraded to +10 or higher reduce fixed cast time by 5%

Prefix: of Dilligence

Picture: Kafra Pavianna holding out a glowing object *artists choice* to a novice

PLEASE, if this card its really one of the choices, plssssss change the slot to accesory, DONT TO HEADGEAR>>>>YES TO ACCESORY, plssssss the mage classes can have a decent accesory for renewal, and at least change the effect of +10 to +9, the owner of original idea made this effect thinking in old HD ORES sistem, the effect its just amazing! pls put it in accesorry slot and not headgear, we have enought cards for headgear, mage class need cards for accesory, and this is the best!!!!

Edited by Mefistofeles, 05 February 2011 - 06:16 PM.

#13 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

wait, so where do we post these pics we draw@@?

and i'm curious as to how they'll implement these~ it'd be cool if you had a kafra dungeonC8

#14 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:59 AM

It's a nice thing though. The community gets to feel like they contribute and take a part in the server.

Reason I pointed it out yesterday was that lately it's been feeling like the community has had to do so much more.
Write tickets, report stuff, take part in the forums, etc etc.

It's been feeling more like "If you guys want iRO to succeed and live on, you best do something for the server". Which is true, but we shouldn't have to correct the gm's on things that the gm's do.

wow you're such a stinker lol

community-provided card art has been around for a long time (pick a random card in your inventory, was probably art from a player)

this event is a good thing

i wanna enter and i dont even play ro anymore ^o^

#15 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

wow you're such a stinker lol

community-provided card art has been around for a long time (pick a random card in your inventory, was probably art from a player)

this event is a good thing

i wanna enter and i dont even play ro anymore ^o^

I was just pointing out the obvious. It's a cool event, but the gm's had a sucky year with 2010 so I felt like pointing it out again.

#16 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:07 AM

3. Kafra Blossom â?? Suggestion from Wosungree-
Effect: +15% Resistance to all elements
5% chance to increase resistance to all elements by 10% for 10 seconds
-2 to all stats
Prefix: Carefree
<Needs card art!>

This is _ridiculously overpowered_, and is in any case not fully specified. 5% chance to increase resistance... when what happens?
-2 to all stats is barely noticable in renewal, while +% resistance to all elements is huge....
This can go into a slotted accessory, and grants more reduction than the already-really-powerful Glorious Ring (which people get just for the reduction and only gives 10% reduction vs only 4 elements). Did anyone else notice that it doesn't specify that neutral should not be included? If neutral was included, 100% neutral resist would be possible (+15%*2=30 + 10 + 50 (DR) + 5 (Bijonfil Feather) + 5 (parasite card) = 100% resist).

How about:

10% Resistance to fire/wind/water/earth/holy/shadow elements
2% chance to increase resistance to fire/wind/water/earth/holy/shadow elements by 10% for 10 seconds when receiving magic damage
-4 to all stats - and this is the "good" kind of stat bonus/penalty, not the weak one - so it reduces the +dex/agi they get from using improve concentration, and their SP and HP go down by a percentage.
User may not be targeted by the Marionette Control skill. (to prevent abuse of the -4 all stats)

Edited by DrAzzy, 08 February 2011 - 11:10 AM.

#17 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:28 AM

wait, so where do we post these pics we draw@@?

and i'm curious as to how they'll implement these~ it'd be cool if you had a kafra dungeonC8

Create a new thread in the card design event with ART and your name in front of the thread title ie: ART Quazera's Creepy Kafra card art! This will help us to keep track of them.

http://forums.warppo...-a-card-effect/

#18 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Server:My Company

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

Dear Oda.

I wrote to you a private message, to have some info about this contest, in particular for the time line. Anyway after almost 3 days I didn't have an answer, so I'm don't know if this is cos you are busy or just cos after that I give my opinion on FB event, the GMs team started to ignore my messages. I hope that the problem is the first. Anyway as I asked in the message, I would like to know if there is a final date for the submission, having many work to finish a time line will help me and I think also other persons to schedule own time.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

#19 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:06 AM

Dear Oda.

I wrote to you a private message, to have some info about this contest, in particular for the time line. Anyway after almost 3 days I didn't have an answer, so I'm don't know if this is cos you are busy or just cos after that I give my opinion on FB event, the GMs team started to ignore my messages. I hope that the problem is the first. Anyway as I asked in the message, I would like to know if there is a final date for the submission, having many work to finish a time line will help me and I think also other persons to schedule own time.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

I'm out of the office from saturday morning until monday midnight, so I apologize if I don't respond to PMs. I'm not the type to ignore messages due to people giving their opinions!

(also I'm starting to get a lot of PMs, so I have to be careful not to miss any)

I will update the OP with the timeline, I'll ask Heim when he comes in when the final cutoff should be but I'm guessing that the answer will be we need these at the latest in two weeks or so.

#20 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Server:My Company

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:23 AM

Thanks a lot, now I feel better and the prob was that said my husband, that you was busy and out of the office, but you know, suffering of OCD, is difficult to think at more obvious thing.>_<

Anyway I will look at the contest thread in the next week to see if there will new updates, in the while I started already to make some sketches for this contest.

Thanks again for your message^___^, and sorry if I bother you.

Edited by Allysia, 09 February 2011 - 08:25 AM.

#21 Stalkerness

Stalkerness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

This is _ridiculously overpowered_

The original suggestion for this card listed it as garment. As a garment, it seems fine. As an accessory... lol.

#22 sheepmia

sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

Effect: For each base stat at or above 100, adds +5% physical and magical damage.
<Needs card art!>

100% for 120 stat points??? :huh:

#23 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:33 AM

<Needs card art!>

100% for 120 stat points??? :huh:

no no, for each of the 6 stats that you have at or above 100. So if you have 100+ str and 100+ vit, you'd have +10%, whether it was 100 str 100 vit, or 120 str 120 vit.

#24 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

So~ any updates? this entire section has been totally shot~

#25 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

I'm out of the office from saturday morning until monday midnight, so I apologize if I don't respond to PMs. I'm not the type to ignore messages due to people giving their opinions!

(also I'm starting to get a lot of PMs, so I have to be careful not to miss any)

I will update the OP with the timeline, I'll ask Heim when he comes in when the final cutoff should be but I'm guessing that the answer will be we need these at the latest in two weeks or so.

As the evil internet trolls launched heat-sinking korean porings at the forums during the time when graphics could have been made for these cards, is there still an opportunity to submit pictures? Photoshop and I have a love-hate relationship but I'd be interested!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users