• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Akilleraj

Akilleraj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

What is he best prot gear set up a person can get? Armor, Weapon, Shield, Jewels, Enchants, Xeons, all of it. This would include the more common s1 stuff and any s2 as well.
I want to hear your thoughts on what u would buy if you were to gear your prot today and had a tremendous amount of lant to spend.
Thanks ^^

Let's assume a level 75 character for this.

#2 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:FOC

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

Doubt those with HP enchanted S1 sets ever give them up.

So mb clean 66 set 4 part for set bonus and 2 part 70.
not sure what 72 set like mb that.

Fill with DC/Squid Con and add Carus HP and con up skill xeons.

66 sheild mb do same.

69 sword? not sure what carus one like. add more con :P dont add a def down xeon like some tanks >< it over right the rangers ones.

Alosa with either RH Breathing or Old IM 30/2

Jwls also add Breathing.

65 resist sheild and resist powa max away. was thinking fire due to DC/LW/Jug but rly doubt if needed if u have a decent HP pool, WL or/and Elem buffs along with intellgent Radies.

mb save the carus for the 79 sets when ever they might make an apperance. 75 sucks.

Oh and lvl 10 pet.

Kim

#3 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

+30 everything

axe of soul reposing + shield of soul reposing would give like 3k hp

#4 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:08 AM

S1 Glorious lvl 70 set, is, well, GLORIOUS. + it well and it becomes legendary. That's about it with armour.

#5 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

S1 Glorious lvl 70 set, is, well, GLORIOUS. + it well and it becomes legendary. That's about it with armour.

u not going to yak on and on about how great your gear is, HP, and bla bla bla again r u?

pls go valdes.

-
ps if u have any brain u know what parts ever droped and u know the "lady" who now has will never give lower up on hammy.

Edited by AngelicPretty, 21 January 2011 - 12:52 AM.

#6 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:10 AM

u not going to yak on and on about how great your gear is, HP, and bla bla bla again r u?

pls go valdes.

-
ps if u have any brain u know what parts ever droped and u know the "lady" who now has will never give lower up on hammy.

u mad?

#7 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

The question was merely about what could be the best gear for a Protector, and this is an obvious answer about the armour part, I think. Who has what, and whether it can be obtained is irrelevant these days. The question didnt ask specifically about S2 gear, it is a common secret that lvl 70 sets will never be again, are extremely rare to get (even pieces) and at the same time the best that ever was in this game.

Also, totally irrelevant what I have, what you have, what other S1 cuties have... I have no idea what is happening in Valdes (or Lintra, when it existed). Another server, another universe. If they have better equipment or they do better, they are blessed, good for them. :P

P.S. The personal quest for more pieces or full set from S1 has ended, a long time ago. I believe it is the same for everyone who is not daydreaming. Those of us who even have a few of the legendary pieces in our possession feel extremely lucky already, or we should, I think... Besides, Requiem always had its elitistic side with uber Guilds and such, who hoarded the treasures and of course deemed anyone else unworthy, oh well! http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/fing32.gif

#8 Zuru

Zuru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • LocationChicago~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:32 PM

u mad?

lol doubt it. Angelics Tank is 1 of the best in Hammerine. 17k HP is sexy!

As for the best gear now for tank? Id go with Either the 72 Con Set or the 75 set since both add HP. Tho to really see any type of improvement you would have to atleast +10 it to get any real type of HP to survive these OPd raids. Havent seen an S2 prot tank 1 yet.

Edited by Zuru, 24 January 2011 - 12:34 PM.

#9 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

Meh, Pretty is a sweety and that Protector is indeed super-duper. But... just dont ask who it used to belong to, and how all that sexy gear got there. I would be immensely surprised if that character was not able to handle the hardest tasks. In any case almost full S1 Glorious set (and a nice bunch of other goodies too) obviously grants some advantage over poor S2 characters. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/fing32.gif

P.S. By the way, even if I am not a Protector, and not in 100% HP configuration, I am not that far away (*giggles*). :P

#10 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

havent looked much into tank gear but I do know that 75 set sucks balls
66 sets will be the best for a very long time

Edited by Syre, 24 January 2011 - 12:47 PM.

#11 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

Conqueror's set actually is not that bad. The problem is the usual with any carus armour sets. First, get one. Second, be able to upgrade ALL of it to a reasonably high level. Which requires boatloads of carus basics. And I believe the same will still hold when the new, funky lvl 79 sets become available.

S1 sets and pieces will be forever tops. Lvl 66 Seamless is obviously easier to make a set (just 4 pieces) and more pieces are circulating. Lvl 70 Glorious is the ultimate that will ever be, but pieces are very scarce, and sets... probably non-existent, at least in Hammerine to the best of my knowledge.

#12 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:26 PM

>> Thornys prot has more than 17k hp from memory. seen at raids with 25k
and only wears 2 70 +8. 4 66 about +6-10. jwls all s1 +0. think highest plused iteam is alosa +12.

there only 1 full set 70 glore i know of on Hammy and even though that lady dosnt have a toon that can use it I doubt she will ever part with it - let alone the upper to make a full set Thornys prot. >> same person has radie lower Love needs but again she wont part with. mean head. :P

#13 Thorny

Thorny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

pewpew go Kim!

#14 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:07 PM

don't get me wrong but i wouldn't brag about that prot's hp :P

#15 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

If we are talking S2 gear then the best of the best IMO for a prot is the level 72 con set. Adds good con per + and nice hp. This is assuming carus to make it right. Then use 75 shield and sword or axe. I would likely go with axe due to higher AA DPS and slightly higher magic DMG in the axe for better heals.

If I remember correctly the 72 carus set adds skill crit in each part which is nice for the 2 prot heals which can crit.

I would use SL-ID set not M-C. If I remember correctly when I calculated the difference between M-C and SL-ID if both were + the same amount I believe the difference is only 250 HP with the M-C set. With the SL-ID set you gain massive MND which adds to heals, skill crit, and MP. It also adds INT which gives SCAD and resist both are good for a prot.

In my armor as a prot I would use RH Con/Mnd xeons and in jewels I would use a mix of Skill Crit and S1 2con/30 hp xeons. Since the S1 xeons are still out there but hard to come by I would simply use what I could find of them and use the Skill Crit xeons in the rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users