Jshmak

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationDepends who asking
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:43 AM

Not to mention, Jshmak was rank 1 on Hero's team. Oh, the irony!

Last I checked, less ascension members died than hero members. Last I checked, kill count doesn't matter much at all in the new emporia.

I could've helped a lot more, but I wasn't using any rings or necklace xp sorry...I just sold them before I came in

edit* so glad I didn't run into xan lol

Edited by Jshmak, 23 January 2011 - 09:02 AM.

#52 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hi Ascension, facepalm, Hero, Soul and Wingless, (did I miss anyone that's been posting?)

Not sure what the ruckus is all about but I enjoyed EW. I got to see a large number of people come online and participate. It really made the purpose of the game come alive (mmorpg game right?). Just like with real life, there are many people around you who could be your competition, your most trusted friends but also some who are are just douche bags who just wants to poop on everything. I'm sure many of you agree with me that Bill Gates, Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein had to work their butts off, endure cynical comments and face unfair disadvantages to get to where they are now / achieve their success. And, I'm sure it's true for this game too. There are some who are just rich and can afford the IM stuff and there are some who are being retorted as noobs. But that doesn't mean that one day they will gain the respects of others by their own hard work of grinding for hours (farming included).
So I just don't understand why people are complaining about the merc option in EW when everyone has the same fair advantage of using it. I mean, we are a community and if we were all friends with (for example) Yurai and we asked him to be a merc for us (a guild) and he accepts then that just shows us (everyone) using the game's full potential and to our advantage. That being said, (for example again) if Hero were friends with Yurai and Wingless were enemies with Yurai then come on, it'll make sense that Yurai will be glad to help out Hero (for example again... yes... quite contradictory to reality) and Yurai will go pumble Wingless. I don't think it'll be fair that WIngless asks developers to shut down the merc option because Yurai helps Hero and helps them win. And I think it's unfair to blame a guild for one member's (or several members') actions in helping other guilds in beating down another guild.

Can't we all just enjoy the game and learn to use every advantage of what the game has to offer instead? Learn, Change, Adapt, Win =D

Anyways... just my food for thought =D I doubt any of the above made sense, I'm hungry and tired from typing up my grad school applications.

Edited by hungfido, 23 January 2011 - 03:47 PM.

#53 ElatusLin

ElatusLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationThe Void Between Worlds

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

Even though parts of that didn't make to much sense, +1 for the overall point

#54 SharpEye

SharpEye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hi Ascension, Hero, Soul and Wingless, (did I miss anyone that's been posting?)

Not sure what the ruckus is all about but I enjoyed EW. I got to see a large number of people come online and participate. It really makes the purpose of the game come alive (mmorpg correct?). Just like in life, there's so many people around you and some are competition, some are friendly and some are just douche bags who just wants to poop on everything. I'm sure many of you agree with me that Bill Gates, Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein had to work their butt off, endure cynical comments and face unfair disadvantages to get where they are now / achieve their success. And, I'm sure it's true for this game too. There are some who are just rich and can afford the IM stuff and there are some who sit there being retorted as noob and/or stupid but they work hard and get to where they are now (successful players).
So I just don't understand why people are complaining about this game when everyone has the fair advantage of using the merc option. I mean, we are a community and if we were all friends with (for example) Yurai and we asked him to be a merc for us (a guild) and he accepts then that just shows us (everyone) using the game's full potential and to our advantage. That being said, (for example again) if Hero were friends with Yurai and Wingless were enemies with Yurai then come on, it'll make sense that Yurai will be glad to help out Hero (for example again... yes... quite contradictory to reality) and Yurai will go pumble Wingless. I don't think it'll be fair that WIngless asks developers to shut down the merc option because Yurai helps Hero and helps them win. And I think it's unfair to blame a guild for one member's (or several members') actions in helping other guilds in beating down another guild.

Can't we all just enjoy the game and learn to use every advantage of what the game has to offer instead? Learn, Change, Adapt, Win =D

Anyways... just my food for thought =D I doubt any of the above made sense, I'm hungry and tired from typing up my grad school applications.

Still a burnt weiner :|

#55 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

you forgot facepalm!

#56 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:42 PM

Hi Ascension, Hero, Soul and Wingless, (did I miss anyone that's been posting?)

Not sure what the ruckus is all about but I enjoyed EW. I got to see a large number of people come online and participate. It really makes the purpose of the game come alive (mmorpg correct?). Just like in life, there's so many people around you and some are competition, some are friendly and some are just douche bags who just wants to poop on everything. I'm sure many of you agree with me that Bill Gates, Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein had to work their butt off, endure cynical comments and face unfair disadvantages to get where they are now / achieve their success. And, I'm sure it's true for this game too. There are some who are just rich and can afford the IM stuff and there are some who sit there being retorted as noob and/or stupid but they work hard and get to where they are now (successful players).
So I just don't understand why people are complaining about this game when everyone has the fair advantage of using the merc option. I mean, we are a community and if we were all friends with (for example) Yurai and we asked him to be a merc for us (a guild) and he accepts then that just shows us (everyone) using the game's full potential and to our advantage. That being said, (for example again) if Hero were friends with Yurai and Wingless were enemies with Yurai then come on, it'll make sense that Yurai will be glad to help out Hero (for example again... yes... quite contradictory to reality) and Yurai will go pumblepummel Wingless. I don't think it'll be fair that WIngless asks developers to shut down the merc option because Yurai helps Hero and helps them win. And I think it's unfair to blame a guild for one member's (or several members') actions in helping other guilds in beating down another guild.

"...pummel..."

"...beating down..."

Hero must have gotten beat pretty badly. But overall the concept behind what you said makes sense. We all SHOULD get along. But there are people who just can't do that even if we want them to. I want them to also.

But there must be something up with a couple guilds with all the hate they get. For instance, why exactly did you leave Hero guild? I remember you used to be in it and left without saying anything.

Maybe we could all have some kind of intervention and come to terms, lol.(last line was intended sarcasm)

#57 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

Take it easy, take it easy
Donâ??t let the sound of your own wheels
Drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
Donâ??t even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
And take it easy!

Posted Image

Edited by Miname, 23 January 2011 - 02:02 PM.

#58 Balladd

Balladd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

notice who helped Wingless but still couldn't win?

lol

Back to Topic: Mercenary made many bad calls in which guilds beat which. Like Soul vs. Hero for example. Imagine no assistance fight with them. It would be a great fight and it would be anyones game.

lol

Hmm, we won vs Wingless with Ascension helping them.

lol.

Emporia was fun! :P

#59 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

There only 4 wingless members that game no one from wingless was on they had real lives to deal with and two of them 4 were on alts we wernt trying and didnt plan on winning we were only testing to see how EW was.

There was more then 4 wingless members.

#60 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

@ Sharpion: *pout hmph! burnt boob is better than a burnt weiner ^^

@ Thuy: lalala no I didn't ^^ *edits

@ draguuno: I have shared my reasons for leaving with Hero's guild leader and a friendly member in Hero already. Do ask them if you're curious - I rather not share on forums in case it stirs up unnecessary miscommunicated troubles. But of course if the guild leader of Hero did not understand why I left, I'll be glad to type him another email explaining. And don't get me wrong, I didn't say Hero got beat pretty badly and I have no reason to say such a thing as I never saw what happened with Hero. I chose those words only because of example sake - Yurai being such a high dps'er and people in general seem to put him (or Ascension) onto such a high pedestal of greatly affecting the Emporium wars. I would believe those words seem fitting to describe the situation I was trying to explain.

=D

Edited by hungfido, 23 January 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#61 Atsuya

Atsuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • LocationUnder the Moon

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

There was more then 4 wingless members.

Then some must of joined after the match started before it was only 4 and i asked if anyone else was coming they said no

#62 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

@ draguuno: I have shared my reasons for leaving with Hero's guild leader and a friendly member in Hero already. Do ask them if you're curious - I rather not share on forums in case it stirs up unnecessary miscommunicated troubles. But of course if the guild leader of Hero did not understand why I left, I'll be glad to type him another email explaining. And don't get me wrong, I didn't say Hero got beat pretty badly and I have no reason to say such a thing as I never saw what happened with Hero. I chose those words only because of example sake - Yurai being such a high dps'er and people in general seem to put him (or Ascension) onto such a high pedestal of greatly affecting the Emporium wars. I would believe those words seem fitting to describe the situation I was trying to explain.

=D

I don't have to. He already told me and indirectly placed part of the blame on me, but anywho, you're right. It shouldn't be shared on forums because it wouls start stuff.

Overall I just thought the detailed words like "pummel" and "beating down" were hilarious to describe the event. I didn't mean to twist what you said. It' just happened to make me laugh. LOL.

#63 ElatusLin

ElatusLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

Anyone know if souls gona get into castle anytime soon? Or if anyone can win castle next week or not?

#64 Bullie

Bullie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

Hi Ascension, facepalm, Hero, Soul and Wingless, (did I miss anyone that's been posting?)

Not sure what the ruckus is all about but I enjoyed EW. I got to see a large number of people come online and participate. It really made the purpose of the game come alive (mmorpg game right?). Just like with real life, there are many people around you who could be your competition, your most trusted friends but also some who are are just douche bags who just wants to poop on everything. I'm sure many of you agree with me that Bill Gates, Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein had to work their butts off, endure cynical comments and face unfair disadvantages to get to where they are now / achieve their success. And, I'm sure it's true for this game too. There are some who are just rich and can afford the IM stuff and there are some who are being retorted as noobs. But that doesn't mean that one day they will gain the respects of others by their own hard work of grinding for hours (farming included).
So I just don't understand why people are complaining about the merc option in EW when everyone has the same fair advantage of using it. I mean, we are a community and if we were all friends with (for example) Yurai and we asked him to be a merc for us (a guild) and he accepts then that just shows us (everyone) using the game's full potential and to our advantage. That being said, (for example again) if Hero were friends with Yurai and Wingless were enemies with Yurai then come on, it'll make sense that Yurai will be glad to help out Hero (for example again... yes... quite contradictory to reality) and Yurai will go pumble Wingless. I don't think it'll be fair that WIngless asks developers to shut down the merc option because Yurai helps Hero and helps them win. And I think it's unfair to blame a guild for one member's (or several members') actions in helping other guilds in beating down another guild.

Hi Camei.

I understand friendship being used to aid a guild but the only real problem with the mercenary system is that Anyone can merc for any guild as long as that guild does not reach the 25 player limit.

The Mercenary System should be changed so that the Guild Leaders can approve Mercenaries or "Invite a Mercenary Player" then by Typing their name onto a text field. Everything else about the mercenary system
is still debatable.

#65 ElatusLin

ElatusLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hi Camei.

I understand friendship being used to aid a guild but the only real problem with the mercenary system is that Anyone can merc for any guild as long as that guild does not reach the 25 player limit.

The Mercenary System should be changed so that the Guild Leaders can approve Mercenaries or "Invite a Mercenary Player" then by Typing their name onto a text field. Everything else about the mercenary system
is still debatable.

That would be great, but first they should fix mercenary system to not bypass guild wait period. If Mercenary system were to let you pick and choose, there would be nothing to stop teams from making deals like if one of them loses to gang up together against the one that beat them just for revenge.

What Emporia war needs in order of importance.
1. Balanced dragon EW also known as castle EW to some.
2. A short wait time of 5 mins at least for everyone to get in, instead of immediately being tossed to field with most people.
3. A way to prevent people from bypassing wait time through mercenary system. Make them unable to join another fight if their guild loses.
4. Mercenary system to allow guild leaders to pick from a list of people who want to join their team. An invite system is not a good idea because some people would just spam invite people till they joined or logged out.

Edit:Grammer fix

Edited by ElatusLin, 23 January 2011 - 05:49 PM.

#66 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

Maybe I should have told the 10 wingless members stuck on island with me that pressing tab let u switch islands, but I was to busy being confused how to damage core, So I ignored them asking me...

Edit: all around i was messing EW up for everyone: Wingless(not telling them how to switch islands), Facepalm(got some of the points that let hero atack core), Hero(mass suicide),

LOL yeah a bunch of them asked me too but I just logged out. (Wasn't really fighting anyways) I might've helped hero get points too zzz since I was afk most of the time haha. (Funny part is they couldn't even manage to kill me while I was afk...came back to see myself being attacked but the dmg was like 1s and 50s np haha)

#67 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

LOL yeah a bunch of them asked me too but I just logged out. (Wasn't really fighting anyways) I might've helped hero get points too zzz since I was afk most of the time haha. (Funny part is they couldn't even manage to kill me while I was afk...came back to see myself being attacked but the dmg was like 1s and 50s np haha)

Your defense is too low. No sarcasm intended.

Edited by Yurai, 23 January 2011 - 06:45 PM.

#68 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

Your defense is too low. No sarcasm intended.

qq I know #3
I'm like one of the ppl with the lowest def in the guild and they still couldn't do dmg...now THAT's sad

#69 DragMaster

DragMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

Not at all. If I had known this would have resulted in petty name-calling and pointless drama, I wouldn't have posted it. I was just illustrating the point that we didn't really go up against Wingless. I barely saw any of their members in the battle.

Obviously Ascension is going to win every time, I just figured we could have a fun/interesting time going up against other guilds. I figured we would lose to Soul, but I thought it would at least be a fun battle. Unfortunately, I wasn't even there to see it.

there were ONLY 4 members from wingless in EW LOL
i didnt join cuz i knew i would get r@ped

Edited by DragMaster, 23 January 2011 - 08:08 PM.

#70 Celestia

Celestia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

Get r@ped by Hero? IMPOSSIBLE.

#71 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:12 AM

Yurai Facepalm vs Hero
Posted Image

Lin... I used to have the same background as you!

#72 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:27 AM

Lin... I used to have the same background as you!

What is that backround? It looks so awesome! Me WANT!!!

#73 ElatusLin

ElatusLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:54 AM

Heres the full wall paper since you seemed interested. I use this one for both my comps, my ps3 wallpaper is the one used in the signature with fire in the background blood and a naked girl, and my psp wallpaper is a fight scene between signum and fate from mahou shoujo lyrical nanoha. I like when people like my wallpapers, I have a 500+ collection of anime and video game wallpapers.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#74 Hakupaku

Hakupaku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

I wasn't even there. :P

#75 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

That would be great, but first they should fix mercenary system to not bypass guild wait period. If Mercenary system were to let you pick and choose, there would be nothing to stop teams from making deals like if one of them loses to gang up together against the one that beat them just for revenge.

What Emporia war needs in order of importance.
1. Balanced dragon EW also known as castle EW to some.
2. A short wait time of 5 mins at least for everyone to get in, instead of immediately being tossed to field with most people.
3. A way to prevent people from bypassing wait time through mercenary system. Make them unable to join another fight if their guild loses.
4. Mercenary system to allow guild leaders to pick from a list of people who want to join their team. An invite system is not a good idea because some people would just spam invite people till they joined or logged out.

Edit:Grammer fix

These are good suggestions; however, the mercenary system is still abusable as long as it exists.

Idiots guide to rigging EW:

1) Get an alt, and make a low level guild.
2) Level the guild to lvl 2 (this isn't really very difficult).
3) Enter alt's guild in EW tournament.
4) Send players from main guild to mercenary for alt guild.
5) Win EW and control both castles.

Note: These steps can be repeated as many times as desired, and multiple guilds can be made to rig the tournament. If mercenaries are limited to only playing for one guild, make multiple teams of mercenaries to get around this (most big guilds that have a shot at EW have enough decently skilled/stacked players to do this). If the system is changed so that you cannot mercenary while in a guild, leave guild on the character you wish to enter the tournament and have an alt in the guild with the castle if you still want some enchanting/soulcrafting benefits during your 3 days of being guildless. Congrats, you just rigged an EW tournament!

-waits for hate-

Honestly, I'm sure people have already thought of this, and if not it wouldn't be long before they do. I don't want repeats of the EW drama from THQ because of this stupid mercenary system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users